April 25, 2024, 04:20:09 PM

Author Topic: Strike Squad, US rematch on Nov 19.  (Read 13133 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Strike Squad, US rematch on Nov 19.
« on: November 04, 2006, 06:07:44 AM »
Strike Squad, US rematch on Nov 19.
T&T Newsday Reports.
[/size]

New Incorporated Company Limited is pleased to announce that plans are well afoot to host the historic rematch of the November 19, 1989 encounter between the Strike Squad and their USA counterparts.
The match is carded for November 19 at the hasely Crawford Stadium at Mucurapo. Making the announcement yesterday was Port-of-Spain attorney-at-law and football enthusiast Peter Taylor.
NEI has confirmed the participation of Paul Caliguri, Tab Ramos, Desmond Armstrong, Tony Meola, and John Harkes among others.
Caliguri scored the historic goal which saw Trinidad and Tobago, needing only a draw, kept from qualifying for Italia ‘90.
Caliguri and Armstrong will arrive in Port-of-Spain courtesy American Airlines for a press conference on November 8. Both the Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs Roger Boynes and Jack Warner, FIFA vice-president are expected to be present at the press briefing.
The presence of Caliguri and Armstrong has a dual purpose as they run a soccer academy in the USA and are keen on recruiting young talented players.
Armstrong likens the academy to a type of “finishing school” where the players’ natural skills will be honed and fine-tuned. These players will then be marketed to clubs internationally. The support of the Ministry of Sport has been forthcoming and so too that of the TTFF. Plans are also underfoot to have a match up of the top female college players with a North/East vs South/Central/Tobago clash carded to start at 3.30 pm.
The Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs has undertaken to finance the airfare of the American Team which will be transported by American Airlines, the official airline for the event.
In addition the ministry has agreed to purchase the medals which will be awarded to the national teams of 1966, 1973 and the Strike Squad (1989) in recognition of the foundation that these forerunners made to the eventual success of the present Soca Warriors.
NEI acknowledges the contribution of the national teams of 1966, 1973 and 1989 whose players dared to dream that their tiny twin island nation with a population of one million odd, could stand toe to toe with the best in the world. The ministry sees the whole event as in keeping with its theme of recognising the contribution of past heroes while also encouraging the youth to get involved in sport as part of its “No time for Crime” initiative.
The players of both teams will be housed at the Ambassador Hotel, Long Circular Road, St James. Artistes short listed to perform at the event include Maximus, Chris Garcia and Super Blue. There will be live steelband, tassa and rhythm section performances as well.
Discussions are well underway with NCC Channel 4 and Fox Soccer Channel with a view to both stations co-operating to share the broadcast feed so as to allow the match to be televised abroad. Specially invited guests include His Excellency The President George Maxwell Richards, and Dr Roy Austin, United States Ambassador to Trinidad and Tobago, who has graciously agreed to host a cocktail evening on Saturday, November 18 for participating teams, honorees, the media and specially invited guests.
From all indications this event is being looked forward to with keen anticipation. Corporate support has been positive and NEI wishes to thank the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs, American Airlines, i95.5FM, Red 96.7 Ebony 104 and the ANSA McAL Group. Giveaways are planned to persons who have retained their ticket stubs from the 1989 match.
Red day match set for Nov 19.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Former United States international Paul Caligiuri, the man most remembered for scoring the goal which ended Trinidad and Tobago’s dream of qualifying for the 1990 World Cup Finals, said at first he and his teammates didn’t arrive in Port of Spain with much expectations of going home victorious. Instead, atop their game plan was to shut down the Little Magician – Russell Latapy.
Caligiuri’s statement via a mobile interview raised eyebrows and left some with a wise smile as the “Red Day” game, a replay of the both teams of that day, was launched at the VIP Lounge, Hasely Crawford Stadium.
Both Caligiuri and Desmond Armstrong were carded to be at the launch but were unavailable due to commitments in the States but will arrive with their teammates on November 17 ahead of the game which is scheduled for 5pm at the same venue which many left in a somber mood when the Americans were 1-0 winners, shocking the “Strike Squad” which needed just a point to advance to Italia 90.
The initiative is one of the New Era Incorporated Company and as explained by representative Peter Taylor, was designed to honour past nationals who have contributed to the country’s football on the international stage.
As such, the teams of 1966, 1974 and 1989 will be honoured on November 19 and current TTFF President Oliver Camps will also be specially acknowledged for his role as manager of the ’74 and ’89 teams.
Caligiuri expressed high anticipation of the affair, not so much for the on field expectations but rather to continue a show of good sportsmanship between the two countries.
“I’m very proud that I will be able to come back to a well develop nation in the sport of soccer. Since 89 both the United States and Trinidad and Tobago  have made significant gains in playing at the world level I am quite proud to see all this development and of course to come back to a country that changed the course of direction for  the United States,” he said.
On his memories  of the events of that faithful day, Caligiuri added “The dream
like any player was to  play for their country and to play in the World Cup.We knew the importance of that game and at the time  we were the underdogs going into a very difficult match, I never thought in my life that the game would end up 1-0 and I would be the hero for the United States. My role was to shut down Russell Latapy… not to score goals. A lot of things have happened since that victory. The United States have  participated in consecutive World Cups and our budget for soccer is very healthy in this country. Before it was it was not quite  financially stable. It seems like that one moment in soccer’s history continues to get bigger and bigger. Of course, I didn’t dream of that, I dreamed of playing in the World Cup.”
And he will no doubt hope to relive a similar passion when he takes the pitch with the likes of goalie Tony Meola and Peter Vermes.
“I think the expectation is to continue the show of sportsmanship between our countries. To continue to unite the soccer family from United States and Trinidad, the expectations (on the pitch) are not that great this time around (but) it will be a very interesting match.”
The T&T Team will be skippered by Clayton Morris and coached by Everald “Gally” Cummings.  Chairman of the organizing committee for the game – Neville Ferguson said the local team will be back in its trademark uniform for this match
TTFF technical director, the goalkeeper with the 1966 team, expressed excitement ahead of the coming event.
“It’s a recognition of our players’ efforts and getting the people of T&T to understand a legacy. On too many occasions we fall short in recognising our heroes.”
An emotional Phillips, added that just thinking about the 1966 team brought back the vibes to him. “It’s a great moment,” he added.
Fans will be asked to pay $150 for covered and $100 for uncovered stands while Secondary School students will get tickets at $60 with $10 of each sale going back towards the development of football in the respective schools.
There will also be live entertainment on the day with ‘Road to Italy” singer Superblue carded to perform.
Aside from the regular “Strike Squad” members, other former nationals Angus Eve, Dexter Cyrus, Ross Russell, Alvin Boisson, Russell Munroe, Clint Marcelle, Larry Joseph and Jerren Nixon have also been included in the line up for their contribution to national teams. Morris added that these guys, he felt were never given their honours.
He added that he also thought his “Strike Squad” was never truly recognized for their efforts as he explained to New Era’s Carl Goodridge when the latter asked him to have a Strike Squad team face a local Pro League team to help raise funds for the “Soca Warriors”.
“That is when I informed him that we truly appreciate what the Warriors did for the country but it was time that we  legends of soccer be honoured for our efforts. I went on to let him know what the journey to Germany 2006 started forty years ago,” Morris added.
Preceding the main clash, a match between two of the top schools in the Girls’ Secondary Schools Football League will kick off at 3pm.
‘Red Day’ re-match to cost patrons $150, $100.
By: Nigel Simon (Guardian).
[/size]

Spectators hoping to witness the rematch between T&T’s Strike Squad and USA on November 19, from 5 pm will have to fork out $150 for covered stands and $100 for uncovered.
This was announced by Neville Ferguson, chairman of the organising committtee for the game which is being labelled as ‘Red Day.’
Ferguson revealed at a press conference held at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, yesterday that tickets are also being made available to schools at a price of $60 per student with $10 being given back to the schools for their football development.
Seventeen years ago, the Strike Squad needed a point from their final Concacaf World Cup qualifier to book a spot at Italia 90, however, the USA won 1-0 on a long-range goal by Paul Caliguri at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.
In his brief address, Ferguson noted that since that dreadful day, the members of the Strike Squad have retained a special place in the hearts of the people of T&T.
Ferguson added: “The red-day match which is being put on by New Incorporated Company Limited shall consist of three parts.
“The first is the actual match, live entertainment and then the presentation of awards.”
Awards will be made to members of the 1966, 1974 and 1990 teams for their contributions to the development of local football.
The 1966-Sedley Joseph led team was the first T&T team to compete in a World Cup qualifying tournament while the 1973 team was denied of a place in Germany 1974 after being robbed in Haiti.
T&T scored five goals against the host and four were disallowed. The referee was then banned for life by Fifa, but the result stood.
In addition, Oliver Camps, president of the T&T Football Federation and mana-ger of both the 1973 and 1989 teams will be honoured.
While most of the senior members of the Strike Squad will be available for the match, current stars Dwight Yorke and Russell Latapy will not be on show.
Both will be involved in club matches the day before (November 18), making it difficult for them to arrive in T&T on time.
Port-of-Spain attorney-at-law and football enthusiast Peter Taylor, of NEI also stated that efforts to get a definite response from both players proved futile.
Lincoln Phillips, technical director of the T&TFF and a goalkeeper for the 1966 emphasised that the re-match is much more than just a game.
Phillips said: “It’s a recognition of our players’ efforts and getting the people of T&T to understand a legacy. On too many occasions we fall short in recognising our heroes.”
An emotional Phillips, added that just thinking about the 1966 team brought back the vibes to him. “It’s a great moment,” he noted.
Speaking from the USA via phone, Caliguri and defender Desmond Armstrong said that the members of the USA team were anxiously looking forward to the match.
Caliguri who noted that his job on that day was not to score but to mark Latapy, said November 19 will also have a special feeling for him as it marked the beginning of something special in US soccer.
“Since then we have qualified for every World Cup and have gained a lot in popularity in the US, because before that match the sport was not that big here,” he ended.
Among the former Strike Squad players present at the launch were then captain Clayton Morris, Philbert Jones, Dexter Cyrus, Angus Eve, Hutson Charles, Jerren Nixon and coach Everald ‘Gally’ Cummings.
Morris said it was nice to have to relive the feeling of the 1989 clash.
He noted that the success of the Soca Warriors did not begin with the last World Cup campaign but through the progress of the teams from 1966, 1973 and 1989.
Prior to the T&T/USA match a clash between two of the top schools in the Girls’ Secondary Schools Football League will kick off at 3pm.

Teams

Strike Squad

Goalkeepers:[/b]
Earl ‘Spider-man’ Carter, Michael Muarice, Errol Lovell, Ross Russell.

Defenders:
Clayton Morris, Brian Williams, Dexter Francis, Floyd Lawrence, Marvin Faustin, Kelvin Jones, Russell Munroe, Dexter Lee.

Midfielders:
Jerren Nixon, Hutson Charles, Angus Eve, Larry Joseph, Paul Elliot-Alleyne, Kerry Jamerson, Clint Marcelle, Leroy Spann.

Forwards:
Philbert Jones, Maurice Alibey, Dexter Cyrus, Alvin Boisson.

Technical staff:
Everald ‘Gally’ Cummings (coach), Neville Chance (asst coach), Oliver Camps (manager), Ikin Williams (equipment manager), Wayne Lawson (physiotherapist).

USA:
Tony Meola, Desmond Armstrong, John Stollmeyer, Peter Vermes, John Doyle, Tab Ramos, John Harkes, Steve Trittschuh, Paul Crumpe, Jimmy Banks, Ted Eck, Phillip Gyau, Frank Klopas, Paul Caliguri, Brian Bliss, Mike Windishmen, Chris Henderson.

Related News.

Strike Squad/USA ticket special until Friday.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 06:42:53 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Strike Squad, US rematch on Nov 19.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 06:41:18 AM »
 Ah going to present and accounted for.  ;D ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 06:49:41 AM »
I excited bout this......I dey for sure.

I even had my Nov 19th ticket stub up to a few years ago. Albeit it was a kinda mushy piece of paper. I misplaced it somewhere between moving to florida and coming back to TT.

That was a real sad day for me....I was about 12 yrs old in form 2. I reach down there about 7 am and I had to climb up on the stadium fencing and a fireman pulled me tru the barbed wire. The usual spot that the "family" used to sit....they didnt have anybody I knew. Even den had waggonism big time. But I remember a woman dishing out some pelau for me and eating a buss up shut too from a ole indian couple.

I seeing that ball floating in the goal now from the FLUKE Caliguri hit....and "I were blinded" sprawled out on the grass....steups....If Philbert did only lie down, roll and play dead.... We woulda get that penalty.

This game go cause real big men to get emotional.

Also is there any way possible to bring back Dwight Yorke and Latapy for dat game. Dat would be a fitting way to see d Magician last on Home soil. Not a jokey 1/2 vs Peru.

I also hope they doe buss no kinda price in we arse. A 50$ grounds Max please.

ALyuh go get a match report for dat game doe frighten.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 06:59:19 AM »
But if I remember correctly...this is the second Nov19th match we have played.

Somewhere between 1992-1994.

The had a Nov 19th the return and it coincided with the opening up of Mc Donalds in POS.

The current TT squad played the current US squad and that team had Balboa and Lalas on it.

We win 2-0 or 2-1 orf a CLint Marcelle goal and it was d first time ever in History and only game we have ever beaten the Americans. A stat which holds up to today.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 07:02:10 AM »
I would have like to know who on both teams... Tab Ramos was a boss, the Strike Squad should atleast get Latapy for this game. Elliot Allen is a fat man now.

Did I read right, Fox Soccr Channel bringing de game !!!!!

YES !!!!!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 07:06:15 AM »
The Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs has undertaken to finance the airfare of the American Team which will be transported by American Airlines, the official airline for the event

i know people going to cuss but me eh care  >:(

steeps why they just did not use all these resources and hold a mini tournament for the under 17   but instead  they holding a fete match .. time to move on we damm nostalgic >:(
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 07:08:27 AM »
But if I remember correctly...this is the second Nov19th match we have played.

Somewhere between 1992-1994.

The had a Nov 19th the return and it coincided with the opening up of Mc Donalds in POS.

The current TT squad played the current US squad and that team had Balboa and Lalas on it.

We win 2-0 or 2-1 orf a CLint Marcelle goal and it was d first time ever in History and only game we have ever beaten the Americans. A stat which holds up to today.

Dat match was in 1994 and we won 1-0 off a Leonson Lewis goal.

These were the lineups:

T&T: Ross Russell, Alvin Thomas, Richard Theodore, Peter Lewis, Dexter Francis, Clint Marcelle, Russell Latapy, Marvin Faustin (Angus Eve 60'), Sherwyn Julien, Dwight Yorke, Leonson Lewis (Arnold Dwarika 80')

USA: Marcus Hahnemann, Jeff Agoos, Marcelo Balboa, John Doyle, Paul Caligiuri (Zak Ibsen 46'), Lawrence Lozzano (Nelson Vargas 68'), Mike Burns (Jorge Salcedo 46'), Mike Sorber, Janusz Michallik, Frank Klopas, Jovan Kirovski (Jason Dunn 61')
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2006, 01:49:15 PM »
Anybody know if Yorke and Latas playin in this one??

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2006, 02:25:49 PM »
Anybody know if Yorke and Latas playin in this one??

they have clubs you know
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2006, 02:30:00 PM »
Tallman, didnt we also play the US on or around Nov 19th, 1990 and get a breezy 3-0 or something in we tail?

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2006, 02:55:00 PM »
Tallman, didnt we also play the US on or around Nov 19th, 1990 and get a breezy 3-0 or something in we tail?

I think i remember this.............it was played in the States!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2006, 02:56:18 PM »
Leh dis ting dead nah...oh gordman....steuuuupes!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2006, 04:41:16 PM »

It was September 15, 1990 and we lorse 3-0 in North Carolina. We played dem again on November 18, 1990 and dat match draw 0-0.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2006, 06:06:05 PM »
COUNT ME IN COMRADES!!!!!!!!!!

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2006, 06:55:07 PM »

This game was played in Greensboro, NC. The strike squad played a warm up game against my college team. In fact they held their preparation training camp on our campus.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 08:29:46 PM »
I would have like to know who on both teams... Tab Ramos was a boss, the Strike Squad should atleast get Latapy for this game. Elliot Allen is a fat man now.

Did I read right, Fox Soccr Channel bringing de game !!!!!

YES !!!!!

Good evening Sam:

How is my girl doing?
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2006, 08:55:07 PM »
I bury Nov 19th on nov 16th. I agree the Ministry of Sport could use that money on the Under 17 or Under 20. I only goin if the Lil Magician comin.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 11:37:53 PM »
Camps to be honoured in Strike Squad 'rematch'

Thursday, November 9th 2006

PAUL CALIGIURI, the man who ended Trinidad and Tobago's hopes of reaching the 1990 World Cup, is among the American players who will line up against Trinidad and Tobago's national 1989 football team, the 'Strike Squad', in a rematch of the November 19 match which the Americans won 1-0 in Port of Spain 17 years ago.

Yesterday, the rematch was launched at a press conference where it was announced that Oliver Camps, president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation will be honoured for being manager of both the 1973 & 1990 teams which both came close to World Cup qualification.

On the day of the rematch, members of the 1973, 1990 squads will be honoured with medals.

Tickets for the match will cost $150 (covered stands), $100 (uncovered) and $60 (children).

Tickets for children will be available at schools, which will benefit from a $10 grant which will be donated towards the development of football at those schools. The international rematch is the brainchild of New Era Incorporated and is intended to celebrate the arduous journey which ended with the Soca Warriors' historic qualification for the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany

Warrior For Life !!

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 11:42:43 PM »
‘Red Day’ re-match to cost patrons $150, $100  

BY NIGEL SIMON

Spectators hoping to witness the rematch between T&T’s Strike Squad and USA on November 19, from 5 pm will have to fork out $150 for covered stands and $100 for uncovered.

This was announced by Neville Ferguson, chairman of the organising committtee for the game which is being labelled as ‘Red Day.’

Ferguson revealed at a press conference held at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, yesterday that tickets are also being made available to schools at a price of $60 per student with $10 being given back to the schools for their football development.

Seventeen years ago, the Strike Squad needed a point from their final Concacaf World Cup qualifier to book a spot at Italia 90, however, the USA won 1-0 on a long-range goal by Paul Caliguri at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

In his brief address, Ferguson noted that since that dreadful day, the members of the Strike Squad have retained a special place in the hearts of the people of T&T.

Ferguson added: “The red-day match which is being put on by New Incorporated Company Limited shall consist of three parts.

“The first is the actual match, live entertainment and then the presentation of awards.”

Awards will be made to members of the 1966, 1974 and 1990 teams for their contributions to the development of local football.

The 1966-Sedley Joseph led team was the first T&T team to compete in a World Cup qualifying tournament while the 1973 team was denied of a place in Germany 1974 after being robbed in Haiti.

T&T scored five goals against the host and four were disallowed. The referee was then banned for life by Fifa, but the result stood.

In addition, Oliver Camps, president of the T&T Football Federation and mana-ger of both the 1973 and 1989 teams will be honoured.

While most of the senior members of the Strike Squad will be available for the match, current stars Dwight Yorke and Russell Latapy will not be on show.

Both will be involved in club matches the day before (November 18), making it difficult for them to arrive in T&T on time.

Port-of-Spain attorney-at-law and football enthusiast Peter Taylor, of NEI also stated that efforts to get a definite response from both players proved futile.

Lincoln Phillips, technical director of the T&TFF and a goalkeeper for the 1966 emphasised that the re-match is much more than just a game.

Phillips said: “It’s a recognition of our players’ efforts and getting the people of T&T to understand a legacy. On too many occasions we fall short in recognising our heroes.”

An emotional Phillips, added that just thinking about the 1966 team brought back the vibes to him. “It’s a great moment,” he noted.

Speaking from the USA via phone, Caliguri and defender Desmond Armstrong said that the members of the USA team were anxiously looking forward to the match.

Caliguri who noted that his job on that day was not to score but to mark Latapy, said November 19 will also have a special feeling for him as it marked the beginning of something special in US soccer.

“Since then we have qualified for every World Cup and have gained a lot in popularity in the US, because before that match the sport was not that big here,” he ended.

Among the former Strike Squad players present at the launch were then captain Clayton Morris, Philbert Jones, Dexter Cyrus, Angus Eve, Hutson Charles, Jerren Nixon and coach Everald ‘Gally’ Cummings.

Morris said it was nice to have to relive the feeling of the 1989 clash.

He noted that the success of the Soca Warriors did not begin with the last World Cup campaign but through the progress of the teams from 1966, 1973 and 1989.

Prior to the T&T/USA match a clash between two of the top schools in the Girls’ Secondary Schools Football League will kick off at 3pm.

Teams

STRIKE SQUAD

Goalkeepers: Earl ‘Spider-man’ Carter, Michael Muarice, Errol Lovell, Ross Russell.

Defenders: Clayton Morris, Brian Williams, Dexter Francis, Floyd Lawrence, Marvin Faustin, Kelvin Jones, Russell Munroe, Dexter Lee.

Midfielders: Jerren Nixon, Hutson Charles, Angus Eve, Larry Joseph, Paul Elliot-Alleyne, Kerry Jamerson, Clint Marcelle, Leroy Spann.

Forwards: Philbert Jones, Maurice Alibey, Dexter Cyrus, Alvin Boisson.

Technical staff: Everald ‘Gally’ Cummings (coach), Neville Chance (asst coach), Oliver Camps (manager), Ikin Williams (equipment manager), Wayne Lawson (physiotherapist).

USA

Tony Meola, Desmond Armstrong, John Stollmeyer, Peter Vermes, John Doyle, Tab Ramos, John Harkes, Steve Trittschuh, Paul Crumpe, Jimmy Banks, Ted Eck, Phillip Gyau, Frank Klopas, Paul Caliguri, Brian Bliss, Mike Windishmen, Chris Henderson.
Warrior For Life !!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2006, 12:31:14 AM »
for your easy listening pleasure  ;D
go here and go down the page to Old Tunes
click on Mas in Germany, sit back, relax, and go Back in Time. ;)
http://www.tntingermany.com/music.php
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 01:27:44 AM by RedHowler »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 05:08:21 AM »
No Yorke, No Latapy.....hhhmmm ah in two minds about this one....what is it that this game supposed to accomplish??..... :-X

Ah would only go for nostalgia's sake but mih eh too sure yet.

Ah agree with another poster, use the money for the youths (dat Under 20 team sure could use every bit of help available)...

Ah goh think bout it some more.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2006, 05:33:18 AM »
Lord... ah hadda boo out meh uncle again.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2006, 07:02:00 AM »
any body know if leonson lewis playin??

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2006, 05:47:32 AM »
At least the Strike Squad fielding most of their orignal players, the USA sending a joke team....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Strike Squad prepares for USA.
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2006, 07:06:10 AM »
WASA take on Strike Squad.
T&T Newsday Reports.
[/size]

WASA senior footballers will tangle with the 1989 Strike Squad in an exhibition match today. Action in the match sponsored by the management of WASA, will kick-off at 4 pm at WASA Ground, Farm Road, St Joseph. Chief Executive Officer Errol Grimes is expected to kick-off the ball to start the match.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2006, 02:25:26 PM »
What Camps gettin the suckup to Jack award. The man keep the Indepence award that the team got give the team back their medal. We does reall honor anything yes Camps who next Anil.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2006, 09:56:32 PM »
i have the feeling that FSC won't show the award ceremonies or performances....
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

1]; } ?>