April 16, 2024, 01:14:13 PM

Author Topic: QRC upset St Anthony's.  (Read 8339 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
QRC upset St Anthony's.
« on: November 08, 2006, 05:14:44 AM »
QRC upset St Anthony's.
Mucurapo trounce Diego Martin.
By: Roger Seepersad (Express).
[/size]

Queen's Royal College had an upset 2-1 win over St Anthony's College at the Hasely Crawford Stadium yesterday as they booked their place in the RBTT InterCol North Zone semi-final.
QRC had their share of luck throughout the encounter, but it was St Anthony's lack of a natural goal-scorer that cost them the game.
St Anthony's had more ball possession but did not take advantage of their chances. Early in the first half, the "Westmoorings Tigers" launched an all-out attack on the QRC goal, coming close in the opening five minutes, when Mican Lewis crossed into the penalty box where Jonathan Glen's effort sailed wide.
In the 12th minute, Lewis missed the far post with a curling shot from close range. Five minutes later, on the counter-attack, QRC took advantage of a defensive blunder by "Tigers" goalkeeper Kevin Mossio, who fumbled the initial shot from Franz Husbands who managed to score on his second attempt.
In the 22nd minute, St Anthony's had their best attempt through Duane James, who took a vicious shot from inside the box which beat the QRC goalie but hit the cross bar.
QRC played a defensive game, rarely pushing forward as St Anthony's went for the equaliser.
In the second half, St Anthony's started well, applying immense pressure but lacking the essential finishing touch. Then QRC were rewarded for their patience as they moved forward and were given a penalty in the 76th minute.
Kofi Trim stepped up and missed on his first attempt but netted after the referee ordered him to re-take it.
The Tigers got a consolation goal in the 82nd minute when Kevon Villoreaul stuck a beautiful free-kick from just outside the box. The ball sailed into the far side, but it was too little, too late as St Anthony's made a dramatic exit from the North Zone Intercol competition.
In the second game of the double-header at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo Senior Comprehensive hammered Diego Martin Government Secondary 5-0 as they secured a spot in the Saturday's semi-final. The North Zone semis will feature Malick Senior Comprehensive versus Fatima College from 3 p.m. and Mucurapo up against QRC from 5 p.m. at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.
Naps, St Augustine start campaign.
By: Kern De Freitas (Express).
[/size]

Since the RBTT InterCol tournament began four days ago, 12 teams have already exited the stage for the Secondary Schools Football League 2006 season.
South rivals Moruga Composite and Vessigny Secondary will do battle from 3 p.m. this evening at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium in Marabella to determine which of the two will be the next zonal InterCol casualty.
The teams have met twice for the season in the South Zone league and neither has gained any advantage over the other. In their first round outing, they drew 0-0 and again cancelled each other out with a 1-1 scoreline in the return encounter.
The stakes are much higher today, though, with the loser having their season effectively ended.
The victors are expected to have the unenviable task of facing champions Naparima College in the South InterCol "semis".
Naparima will face the top South Zone Senior Division team in Siparia Secondary from 5 p.m. in the second affair at the Marabella stadium.
"Naps" are unbeaten in South Zone contests this year and should remain that way after meeting Siparia.
Today's other pair of InterCol matches takes place in the East Zone, with Toco and Hillview hoping to book their place in the East semi-finals when they clash from 3 p.m. at the Larry Gomes Stadium, Malabar.
The other match of the double header, scheduled for 5 p.m., features newly-crowned "Big Five" champs, the "Green Machine" of St Augustine Secondary Comprehensive, up against Trinity College East.

Today's RBTT InterCol fixtures

- Vessigny vs Moruga, Manny Ramjohn Stadium, 3 p.m.

- Naparima vs Siparia Secondary, Manny Ramjohn Stadium, 5 p.m.

- Toco vs Hillview, Larry Gomes Stadium, 3 p.m.

- St Augustine vs Trinity College East, Larry Gomes Stadium, 5 p.m.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
Re: QRC upset St Anthony's.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 09:11:16 AM »
No QRC men come on here to boast?

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 09:30:04 AM »
Nah st anthony's is a good team man ....no need to dis dem......ne way congrats to the yutes an dem allyuh makin me proud, stay focus and lets try to sneak a win in d nex game

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 10:30:10 AM »
Nice victory for The College.  Keep it up.

Offline whistler91

• Full Warrior
  • Love, Respect, Honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 10:42:03 AM »
Well done QRC....true to form
“There is no force like success, and that is why the individual makes all effort to surround himself throughout life with the evidence of it; as of the individual, so should it be of the nation.”

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 10:55:59 AM »
that is really an upset boy

Offline Swomp

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 11:52:40 AM »
Well done.. dem yutemen seem 2 b pullin it 2geda late, bt better late than never like some schools

Offline gtokyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 12:41:33 PM »
 :applause: Good work Royalians..   

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 01:34:59 PM »

Any true QRC man would tell you that that has never been our style.  We could talk shit wit de best of dem, but we know how to be "gracious in victory and magnanimous in defeat"  Well done to the fellas, Mucorapo will be a tall order for us but we are very proud of the resillience the team has shown this season and they can hold their heads up high after a very rough start.   I foresee Roger Prince or Junior Noel doing what is necessary to ensure a better showing next season.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 01:42:15 PM »
yeah right! QRC men will boast like any other man given the right circumstances.

Good win though and not a bad end to the season considering where you guys were for a large part of it.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 01:57:38 PM »
yeah right! QRC men will boast like any other man given the right circumstances.

Good win though and not a bad end to the season considering where you guys were for a large part of it.

;D  Naaaaaaaaah Padnah, we didn't do it when we beat fatima, we didn't do it when we beat Trinity, we didn't do it when we beat Malick and we didn't do it last nite.........wha yuh sayin?

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 02:00:21 PM »
ah saying the circumstances eh right, because ah know a QRC man who boast about a best reds from Holy Name he brush back in the day!  :devil:

Everyone boasts, just some are more selective of when.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 02:00:53 PM »

Any true QRC man would tell you that that has never been our style.  We could talk shit wit de best of dem, but we know how to be "gracious in victory and magnanimous in defeat"  Well done to the fellas, Mucorapo will be a tall order for us but we are very proud of the resillience the team has shown this season and they can hold their heads up high after a very rough start.   I foresee Roger Prince or Junior Noel doing what is necessary to ensure a better showing next season.

yuh make the I proud dey Chow

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2006, 02:06:03 PM »

Any true QRC man would tell you that that has never been our style.  We could talk shit wit de best of dem, but we know how to be "gracious in victory and magnanimous in defeat" 

Whatever.....

And what is a true QRC man ?

right now it seems like a true QRC man likes to boast about not boasting.....

allyuh real jokey yes...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 02:11:49 PM »

Any true QRC man would tell you that that has never been our style.  We could talk shit wit de best of dem, but we know how to be "gracious in victory and magnanimous in defeat"

Whatever.....

allyuh real jokey yes...
nah ah read it as, celebrating our good fortune, without putting anybody down....buh if you wha celebrate anudder way...fine, buh yuh doh bong to try an putdown Chow for that...A.A.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 02:13:50 PM »

Whatever.....

allyuh real jokey yes...

I was only making a point sah, and my use of the word "true" is only a figure of speech, but I apologize if it offends you.  Whatever we are though, or whatever you SAY we are, jokey or otherwise, if you don't like it (or us).....go tell it on the mountain.  However I have described us QRC men to be, I stand by that, and if you can prove otherwise, then do so.  Other than that, tough shit!!

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 03:18:58 PM »
Diego Sec get real licks from Mucurapo.  :'(
But at least we had some nice cheerleaders  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 05:40:05 PM »

Whatever.....

allyuh real jokey yes...

I was only making a point sah, and my use of the word "true" is only a figure of speech, but I apologize if it offends you.  Whatever we are though, or whatever you SAY we are, jokey or otherwise, if you don't like it (or us).....go tell it on the mountain.  However I have described us QRC men to be, I stand by that, and if you can prove otherwise, then do so.  Other than that, tough shit!!

I was only on kix.......
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 05:50:42 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 05:53:43 PM »
boy and diego sec could use some cheerleaders

http://www.schoolsoccernet.com/index.cfm?Content=424
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline deltatau14

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2006, 05:56:00 PM »
Based on what ive been reading, QRC has just been getting licks all season, it was nice to sign on de board this evening and see they beat st anthonys, i remember having some vicious rivalries with them when they had anthony howell and nicholas and maybe sean saunders too.....whom i played with at st xaviers. Any how, QRC won and royalians will appreciate that and comment about it. Call it bragging, call it school spirit -- we won and commend the boys -- Job well done

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2006, 06:03:05 PM »
Kevon Piper and Ricardo Peltier  they seem good on the clips i seen of them  have they ever been called up to the under 17 or under 20 team

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2006, 06:38:51 PM »
yeah bigg up to QRC palyers nice to hear they still kicking it up. Q-R-C we want ah goal!!!! that sound still stick in meh head after all those years.
All American

Offline mangoseed

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2006, 08:22:10 PM »
Based on what ive been reading, QRC has just been getting licks all season, it was nice to sign on de board this evening and see they beat st anthonys, i remember having some vicious rivalries with them when they had anthony howell and nicholas and maybe sean saunders too.....whom i played with at st xaviers. Any how, QRC won and royalians will appreciate that and comment about it. Call it bragging, call it school spirit -- we won and commend the boys -- Job well done
woi another st. xavier's man in the house! lol
the only st xaviers man i ever knew played ssfl is chad de freitas O_O (same school with the man for 10 yrs now...)
and for cricket it was richard kelly <_<

Offline Luger

• New Warrior
  • "God+Family+Football=LIFE."
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2006, 11:56:56 PM »

Deltatau14, yuh call ah name dey  dat  make  mih  laugh hauz!!!! "Anthony Howell" boy,  a  former National Intercol winner with St. Anthony's in 1997. I remebered him  from Trini when  they  beat us  in  the oval back in  '97 an' knock we out. But it  is  funny  to note  how  them rivalries  never  die!!!!
         That guy and and  I  used  to  be going  for  the jugular every time  we  played. Whether it  was small goal  on  the tennis court on  the F.I.T campus or intramurals or  even  just juggling  the football, there always a great desire to  come out victorious. What ah  ting, college pride and programming  is a real scene. Ah could  only laugh now becuz daiz mih  rehhll boy. Full respek  tuh Grovey and St. Anthony's though....
Only reason can convince us of those three fundamental truths without a recognition of which there can be no effective liberty: that what we believe is not necessarily true; that what we like is not necessarily good; and that all questions are open.
     ~CLIVE BELL{1881-1964}Civilization[1928]

1]; } ?>