March 29, 2024, 07:20:45 AM

Author Topic: Did Ronnie McIntosh play Hockey for T&T?  (Read 7184 times)

TrinInfinite

Did Ronnie McIntosh play Hockey for T&T?
« on: November 13, 2006, 10:55:26 AM »
bredda did ronnie macintosh play hockey for tt, i hear he was good...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 08:13:02 AM by Tallman »

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
Re: A question for wolfman?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 03:27:16 PM »
He represented T&T at the 1986 CAC Games and 1987 Pan American Games. I am not sure if he went to any tournaments prior to that. He was not skillful, but he was usually one of the fitest guys on the field so he ran a lot, positioned himself well and scored a fair amount of goals.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 07:07:31 PM »
He represented T&T at the 1986 CAC Games and 1987 Pan American Games. I am not sure if he went to any tournaments prior to that. He was not skillful, but he was usually one of the fitest guys on the field so he ran a lot, positioned himself well and scored a fair amount of goals.

thanx bredda, one of our close family friends was good with him and he told me, so i wanted clearification :beermug:

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 07:12:52 PM »
yeah ronniw as not dat skillful, fit, fast and strong..he did play fuh jets and T&T.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 01:55:32 AM »
I am not old enough to know if he played for anyone before he played for Rangers, but I knew him at the time he stopped playing hockey to take up his soca career to be playing for Rangers.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 08:01:17 AM »
In the position he was playing all he had to do was stop the ball run and hit and he was good at that.
He and Ken Whiteman were for a couple years the 2 strikers for TT, both were similar , good pace and a wicked shot. Ian Harris had liked them until Bubba and Quan Chow arrived on the scene.
Played against him for a couple years.
I think he last played for Trinidad in 89.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
Re: Did Ronnie McIntosh play Hockey for T&T?
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 07:40:33 PM »
Whiteman was used as a forward? Since I have memories of him playing he has always been a defender. Quite interesting. Not sure who Quan Chow is unless you mean Quan Chan. Also, Harris coached the national women, not the men. Of that I am sure because he is the first T&T coach to win CAC Gold (86 Games) and the only one to do it twice (86 and 02). Errol Hartley, a Canadian, coached the men around the mid to late 80s.

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 12:51:24 AM »
Whiteman was used as a forward? Since I have memories of him playing he has always been a defender. Quite interesting. Not sure who Quan Chow is unless you mean Quan Chan. Also, Harris coached the national women, not the men. Of that I am sure because he is the first T&T coach to win CAC Gold (86 Games) and the only one to do it twice (86 and 02). Errol Hartley, a Canadian, coached the men around the mid to late 80s.

Ken was is a forward, I played with him at Notre Dame from 77'. You might be thinking of Blackman
Yeh it's Quan Chan jr I'm talking bout.
You're right Ian was the women's team coach. (also mih coach at QRC)
Getting mixed up a bit, think Cax Paul was the coach from like 78' to 81' then it was the group from Fatima can't remember the names.

Didn't Joey also coach the men or was it the women ?

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 12:18:41 PM »
Whiteman has been playing as a defender since I've known him. Blackman is a Malvernite, I'll hardly mix him up with someone from Notre Dame.

I don't know if Cax Paul coached the men, that would have been before my time, but it seems possible. Joey was a goal keeping coach for the men in 1998.

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 01:29:48 PM »
Me and kenneth and paul weeks was Notre dame Forwards...den Ken move to defence.

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2006, 07:28:59 AM »
Me and kenneth and paul weeks was Notre dame Forwards...den Ken move to defence.

Went to Lisas to work in 80' so I probably never met you then but some mutual names.

Chicken
Jeffrey Araujo
Douggy
Herman
Keith Rawlins
Wiggy
Sheppy
 Shit. I forgetting men.  ;D ;D
The best part was drinking beer by the chinee after games in de barracks.  ;D ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2006, 08:51:59 AM »
W all the confusion right now as we get ready or the Hockey WC he may need to make a comeback
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

truetrini

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2006, 01:01:37 PM »

Went to Lisas to work in 80' so I probably never met you then but some mutual names.

Chicken
Jeffrey Araujo
Douggy
Herman
Keith Rawlins
Wiggy
Sheppy
The best part was drinking beer by the chinee after games in de barracks.  ;D ;D

mariano, Gershwin (me) Kurt Gomes, Earl, errol edmunds....subero (he dead) Mike,,(errol boy fren)  de chemistry teacher from fatima..whas he name again?

Den I went ah play fh Defence Force..Malvern was de best...dominate fuh years and years  like 10 straight years dem was champions.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 01:04:14 PM by truetrini »

TrinInfinite

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 12:30:11 PM »

Chicken
Jeffrey Araujo
Douggy
Herman
Keith Rawlins
Wiggy
Sheppy

mariano, Gershwin (me) Kurt Gomes, Earl, errol edmunds....subero (he dead) Mike,,(errol boy fren) de chemistry teacher from fatima..whas he name again?

Den I went ah play fh Defence Force..Malvern was de best...dominate fuh years and years like 10 straight years dem was champions.

never knew u played field hockey breddah, dont you think more money should be invested in the field hockey program... ???

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 12:45:25 PM »
mariano, Gershwin (me) Kurt Gomes, Earl, errol edmunds....subero (he dead) Mike,,(errol boy fren) de chemistry teacher from fatima..whas he name again?

Den I went ah play fh Defence Force..Malvern was de best...dominate fuh years and years like 10 straight years dem was champions.

never knew u played field hockey breddah, dont you think more money should be invested in the field hockey program... ???
I waiting for the answer TT. Should more money be invested in the field hockey programme?  :)

truetrini

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 10:10:45 PM »
certainly Hockey has always needed better fields and more money.  I helped host an u-17 tourney in T&T and we had a blast...imagine we had games in de oval and de barracks and at uwi and guaracara park.

allyu har ah real joke eh..one time de national team was going to play overseas and one a we tea mates couldnt go because he qwas born in grenada...hahahahahahaha

me eh calling no names at all.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 10:15:50 AM »
A Notre Dame player... I young, but I am informed.  ;)

Wasn't it the under-21 tournament in 1988 you're referring to or some other tournament? In 1988 I watched games at Guaracara Park, Queen's Park Oval and the HC Stadium. Not sure if any other venues were used. Argentina beat Cuba in the final 4-1. T&T came 11th of 12 teams in that competition... even Jamaica finished higher.

truetrini

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 11:48:53 AM »
A Notre Dame player... I young, but I am informed.  ;)

Wasn't it the under-21 tournament in 1988 you're referring to or some other tournament? In 1988 I watched games at Guaracara Park, Queen's Park Oval and the HC Stadium. Not sure if any other venues were used. Argentina beat Cuba in the final 4-1. T&T came 11th of 12 teams in that competition... even Jamaica finished higher.

yeah it was ah otre dame player...lol

yeah it was in 88  I was designated to drve etieen glitich de head at de internatinal hockey federation

1]; } ?>