April 25, 2024, 01:41:14 AM

Author Topic: Women Warriors Thread  (Read 130644 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Women Warriors still owed match fees; no bonus for Kimika Forbes.
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2014, 01:06:36 PM »
There was a discussion but all is resolved and the girls are getting on the plane.

Cash or a rubber checque? I heard they got it. Good 4 them. If u doh stand 4 sumting u will fall 4 anything.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2014, 01:24:23 PM »
Unless someone has direct and reliable info from a spokeperson  representing the ladies  and team staff  being discontented as we speak, i will   have serious reservation  as it relates at this time to any  careless whispers ...  !!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2014, 02:05:14 PM »
Not sure if my original source was right, but the fa assured me they were taken care off and is on the plane.

Good job.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2014, 02:08:07 PM »
Lasana? Objective?  The man himself state that when reporting the news he has no obligation to be objective... and some of his sycophants happy with that.  The bias in his articles are at times less subtle than others, but yuh have to guard against it all the same.  For instance:

Phillips said he had to speak to Flanders before he could divulge how money was spent on the trip.

“I have to have a meeting with the manager to reconcile where and how the money was used so i can give you the breakdown later today,” said Phillips.

His use of the word "divulge" (meaning to reveal, disclose, share etc.) implies that Phillips already knows how the money was spent but need to speak with Flanders before he shares that publicly.  Like there is some kinda conspiracy.  Whereas, reading the actual comment from Phillips, it's clear from the context that he means he wasn't there himself and would have to find out from Flanders how money was spent on what.  Also, from the article one cannot tell whether it was only the women who did not get their per diem, or whether everybody was affected.  The truth is that no one has received the per diem because the TTFA still hasn't received all the money the MoS promised them.  Naturally what money was received was used to take care of necessities first (paying for rooms, meals, transportation etc.) rather than paying players their per diem.

Aside from that, there's an undercurrent to his reporting about Lincoln Phillips... as though he just on some kinda freeco thing.  In comments made in response to an earlier article he stated that there were other goalkeeping coaches besides Lincoln, and now making it a point to mention Lincoln's name among those being recommended for a bonus.  You'd swear Sheldon Phillips trying to look out fuh he pops... the way Lasana spinning it.  Reality is that LP wouldn't be on the staff if Waldrum didn't request for him to be there.  Yes him and Lincoln are good friends, but is not like Lincoln is some kinda scrub.  With his coaching acumen I'm sure he'd be an asset to any staff anywhere in the world, and it's no stretch to think that he had a hand in Kamika Forbes' outstanding performance throughout the tournament.

Yuh wukking over time dred.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2014, 02:10:00 PM »
Unless someone has direct and reliable info from a spokeperson  representing the ladies  and team staff  being discontented as we speak, i will   have serious reservation  as it relates at this time to any  careless whispers ...  !!!

because as we know, people trying to sabotage the team right. Alyuh need to get serious. People just siddung and come up with these things.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2014, 03:38:18 PM »
There was a discussion but all is resolved and the girls are getting on the plane.

Lovely. Got pay? Got game !!!
Onward to Mexico then Ecuador!
Remember, while we jump & wine wit' we head bad, during the anticipated successes of the female warriors, making us as fans feel good,
let us not forget the need for their contracts, for all their blood sweat and tears, to be honored.
Kudos to those who have the guts to raise the issues to trigger action and change in policy.
This would nevah have happened with Jackula still at the helm. Thank you again Lord for his demise. We must be ever vigilant.
Horner (socalion) and dem eh done yet and might have another re-incarnation.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2014, 04:03:55 PM »
Aye aye  Dreamer    wha kinda thing is dat i see  yuh trying  to connect and assocaite  meh  name with horner   dem ppl dey like  horner and jackula doh  associate meh name wid  dem at all   ......... like yuh smoke some bad weed dey  ah wah.... my support is  100 percent  plus more   fuh dem lady warriors  so doh try dat:)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2014, 04:14:24 PM »
Aye aye  Dreamer    wha kinda thing is dat i see  yuh trying  to connect and assocaite  meh  name with horner   dem ppl dey like  horner and jackula doh  associate meh name wid  dem at all   ......... like yuh smoke some bad weed dey  ah wah.... my support is  100 percent  plus more   fuh dem lady warriors  so doh try dat:)

Good to know lion. Glad yuh understand how serious dis business is.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2014, 04:34:09 PM »
 ah doh make dem kinda joke  dreamer ........... when it comes to  de/ meh   red whilte and black   ah fervent wid meh supoort...... ah doh  play  dat kinda shifty game  bizness and change like ah camileon..   leave dat for horner and he crew....

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2014, 05:37:32 PM »
Lasana? Objective?  The man himself state that when reporting the news he has no obligation to be objective... and some of his sycophants happy with that.  The bias in his articles are at times less subtle than others, but yuh have to guard against it all the same.  For instance:

Phillips said he had to speak to Flanders before he could divulge how money was spent on the trip.

“I have to have a meeting with the manager to reconcile where and how the money was used so i can give you the breakdown later today,” said Phillips.

His use of the word "divulge" (meaning to reveal, disclose, share etc.) implies that Phillips already knows how the money was spent but need to speak with Flanders before he shares that publicly.  Like there is some kinda conspiracy.  Whereas, reading the actual comment from Phillips, it's clear from the context that he means he wasn't there himself and would have to find out from Flanders how money was spent on what.  Also, from the article one cannot tell whether it was only the women who did not get their per diem, or whether everybody was affected.  The truth is that no one has received the per diem because the TTFA still hasn't received all the money the MoS promised them.  Naturally what money was received was used to take care of necessities first (paying for rooms, meals, transportation etc.) rather than paying players their per diem.

Aside from that, there's an undercurrent to his reporting about Lincoln Phillips... as though he just on some kinda freeco thing.  In comments made in response to an earlier article he stated that there were other goalkeeping coaches besides Lincoln, and now making it a point to mention Lincoln's name among those being recommended for a bonus.  You'd swear Sheldon Phillips trying to look out fuh he pops... the way Lasana spinning it.  Reality is that LP wouldn't be on the staff if Waldrum didn't request for him to be there.  Yes him and Lincoln are good friends, but is not like Lincoln is some kinda scrub.  With his coaching acumen I'm sure he'd be an asset to any staff anywhere in the world, and it's no stretch to think that he had a hand in Kamika Forbes' outstanding performance throughout the tournament.

Yuh wukking over time dred.
Spot on Bakes...I read and interpreted it the same way
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2014, 06:30:22 PM »
I heard that the women team were paid in full. A $100 dollars a day x 21 days stipend and the bonus promised by the MoS will be paid after the match in December.

Good job by all involved.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 07:12:14 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2014, 06:48:31 PM »
I heard that the women team were paid in full. A $100 dollars a day x 21 days stipend and the bonus promised by the MoS will be paid after the match in December.

Supa dupa results. Now I happy. Thanks to all who made this happen.
Thanks Flex for reporting this and indirectly being an advocate for justice.
Could imagine how furious Horner, Jackula and others would be to see this waste of money on a bunch of fleckin' greedy-ass players who eh win a dyam trophy in Concacaf. Dey too fas wit' deyself.  :rotfl:

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #132 on: October 31, 2014, 09:28:37 AM »
Cuidado....ttfa employees, incognito.....and peeping on this forum.

Lasana and Flex thanks for revealing the cantankerous, juvenile delinquencies. Ain't a damn thing different about the small minded and so professional ttfa.

Quite frankly, Frank.....doh believe ah f*%king thing the ttfa tell you. Money in December? Yeah.....okay.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 31, 2014, 10:36:17 AM »
Cuidado....ttfa employees, incognito.....and peeping on this forum.

Lasana and Flex thanks for revealing the cantankerous, juvenile delinquencies. Ain't a damn thing different about the small minded and so professional ttfa.

Quite frankly, Frank.....doh believe ah f*%king thing the ttfa tell you. Money in December? Yeah.....okay.
:beermug:

One thing you will notice. Attin-Johnson eh no fool like the predecessors of the Jackula era. She made it clear, hinting: " ah love all allyuh but run de dollars written in de contrac' b4 you watch meh board this plane to sacrifice meh body at 10 thousan' feet for an ungrateful bunch of waggonists."

« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 11:18:38 AM by dreamer »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 31, 2014, 02:42:46 PM »
Hopefully we have a squad for the Caribbean Cup Finals in Jamaica in November.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2014, 03:41:01 PM »

They used up all the funds to pay 11 staff members for the women team, so we will be lucky if we get a squad for the Caribbean Cup Finals in Jamaica in November.

They have no clue how to utilize money.

Our ministry can't be that dumb.

Jeez.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 31, 2014, 10:56:10 PM »

Doh worry everything will b gr8
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 01, 2014, 09:29:01 AM »
This headline f00ck up, Lasana  know how to get hits.

He making it sound like is de TTFA or MOS fault Forbes not getting a bonus.

She getting one, just when she done school.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 01, 2014, 12:46:20 PM »

They used up all the funds to pay 11 staff members for the women team, so we will be lucky if we get a squad for the Caribbean Cup Finals in Jamaica in November.

They have no clue how to utilize money.

Our ministry can't be that dumb.

Jeez.

This is not so. Funding for Jamaica will already have been applied for by TTFA. The bonus was a separate initiative by the Minister of Sports. I doubt that there was any consultation with TTFA aside from maybe including the additional staff members. Don't allow the Sports Ministers actions to cloud those of TTFA.

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 03, 2014, 01:00:26 PM »
Apparently, the girls are refusing to get on the plane to Mexico right now unless they are paid their stipends!!

So I heard !!!

I can tell you that this is 100% true.

And I am happy the ladies made a stand.

They grouped them together and passed out brown envelopes with US dollar close to the female bathroom in the airport with their payments.

I just wanted to clear this up.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 03, 2014, 03:46:54 PM »
Apparently, the girls are refusing to get on the plane to Mexico right now unless they are paid their stipends!!

So I heard !!!

I can tell you that this is 100% true.

And I am happy the ladies made a stand.

They grouped them together and passed out brown envelopes with US dollar close to the female bathroom in the airport with their payments.

I just wanted to clear this up.

Yuh went Inside the bathroom too sadman?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Women Warriors one win away from World Cup.
« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2014, 03:57:53 PM »
Women Warriors one win away from World Cup.
By Inshan Mohammed.

Trinidad and Tobago women senior team are just one win away from a FIFA World Cup after pulling off a surprising 0-0 draw against Ecuador at Estadio Olímpico Atahualpa in Quito.

Despite playing at the elevation of 2,782m, T&T kept their composure and frustrated the Ecuadorians throughout the match as the South Americans were pilling on repeated attacks on T&T goal especially in the second half.

They came very close on a few occasions with some good opportunities from long distance and dead ball situations. However, T&T, led in defence by the composed Arin King dealt with almost everything coming their way.

Ligia Moreira had the great opportunity to open the scoring for Ecuador in the 80th minute, but could not finish inside the box as goalkeeper Kimika Forbes were up to the task. Forbes, were at her best and came up big on many occasions that kept T&T in the game.

The Soca Princesses refused to lay-down and had a few chances if their own. They were unfortunate not have stolen the match away from under the noses of Ecuador, in-fact, T&T had found the net in the dying minutes of the second half after a mix up in the box, but German referee Bibiana Steinhaus blew for a foul and as a result the goal were disallowed.

T&T will now head into the second game knowing that they have the upper hand while Ecuador will feel the opposite as they have failed to win on their home ground and now face an up-hill battle. Both teams are aspiring to qualify for a first ever World Cup appearance.

T&T will now regroup and gear up for the return game when they play host to the South Americans in 3 weeks time at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, on December 2.

Teams

Ecuador: - 1.Shirley Berrus, 19.Kerly Real, 3.Lorena Aguilar (Yellow 27), 16.Ligia Moreira, 6.Angie Ponce (Yellow 34), 18.Adriana Barre (Yellow 35), 20.Andrea Pesantes, 13.Madeline Riera, 7.Ingrid Rodriguez, 10.Ambar Torres, 9.Gianina Lattanzio.

Coach: - Vanessa Arauz.

Trinidad & Tobago: - 1.Kimika Forbes, 4.Rhea Belgrave (Yellow 47), 5.Arin King, 8.Patrice Superville, 9.Maylee Attin Johnson (capt) (Yellow 35), 14.Karyn Forbes, 11.Janine Francois, 20.Lauren Hutchinson, 12.Ahkeela Mollon, 3.Mariah Shade, 19.Kennya Cordner.

Coach: - Randy Waldrum.

Referee: - Bibiana Steinhaus (Germany).

Attendance: - 17,500.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 10:40:46 AM by Flex »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trinidad and Tobago and Ecuador Play to a Draw in World Cup Qualifying
« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2014, 04:16:58 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago and Ecuador Play to a Draw in World Cup Qualifying
By Hal Kaiser (Orange in the Oven)

It was a tale of two halves in Quito, as Trinidad and Tobago faced Ecuador in the first leg of a playoff for one of the final two spots in the Women’s World Cup in Canada next summer. The end result of both halves was identical, however, as the teams played to a 0-0 draw in front of over 15,000 in a match played at an altitude of 9,127 feet.

The opening ten minutes were frenetic as both teams raced up and down the pitch in a pace that likely favored the home side given the altitude. Thereafter, the Soca Princesses began to take control of the match with Ecuador dropping deep to defend and struggling to get numbers forward.

The pace and athleticism of the Trinidadian players proved difficult for Ecuador to cope with in the 1st half, and La Tri accrued three yellow cards early on as they dove to where the ball once was but found only the legs of the opposing players.

Still, the Ecuadorian defense proved difficult to break down and despite all of Trinidad & Tobago’s possession, they were unable to get a good look at goal. Ahkeela Mollon looked dangerous on the right side of the pitch, however the final ball was always lacking. Her best chance to create came in the 31st minute when she made a clever move to beat a defender along the right touchline only to hit her cross straight at the keeper.

In the final five minutes of the half, Ecuador began to show some signs of life as the altitude, perhaps, started to take its toll on the Trinidadian players. La Tri could not string together enough passes to threaten goal, however. The closest they came was in the 40th minute when a cross into the box found Ingrid Rodriguez, who chested it up nicely but went down under the slightest of contact. The referee was not impressed, and no foul was called.

As the sides went into the locker room, it was 0-0 with Ecuador having reason to feel good after surviving Trinidad and Tobago’s best efforts to get forward to score.

After the half, Trinidad and Tobago continued to look tired, getting increasingly sloppy in possession as Ecuador began to push numbers forward. Four minutes into the half, Andrea Pesantes had La Tri’s first real chance on goal, picking up a Trinidad and Tobago clearance near the top of the box and blasting a shot wide.

In the 53rd minute, T&T keeper Kimika Forbes was called upon to punch a dangerous set piece out of the box. Three minutes later, Ecuador brought on the dangerous Erika Vásquez who made her presence felt immediately. In the 60th minute, she was nearly played through on goal but the defense was alert to the danger and cleared. Two minutes later, she was played through again but Forbes was quick off her line and slid out to deflect the ball away.

In the 73rd minute, Pesantes stole the ball near the top of the Trinidad and Tobago box and let loose another long range volley which went just over the crossbar. As Ecuador continued to press forward, Trinidad and Tobago looked increasingly tired leading Randy Waldrum to send Tasha St Louis and Dernelle Mascall into the game.

In the 80th minute, Ecuador sent a dangerous ball into the box but the defense cleared. A minute later, a free kick for Ecuador created a frenzy in front of goal, but the Soca Princesses were again finally able to clear.

The 82nd minute saw a rare chance for Trinidad and Tobago, but the shot from the top of the box went harmlessly to the keeper.

Over the final five minutes of the game plus stoppage time, the pace picked up and chances came fast and furious at both ends of the pitch. In the 87th minute, Kennya Cordner found space at the far post but could not get up high enough to make good contact on a cross from the right touchline.

Four minutes later, the ball was in the back of the net as Cordner challenged the Ecuadorian keeper on a ball into the box, however she was judged to have fouled the keeper. In the 93rd, Quintero had a quality chance for Ecuador but headed wide of the net.

As the whistle blew following nearly six minutes of stoppage time, the Soca Princesses took a deep breath of relief having come away with a scoreless draw in difficult conditions. The teams will meet again on December 2nd in Port of Spain for the second leg of the playoff. A win on home turf and the Soca Princesses are through to the World Cup.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Women Warriors one win away from World Cup.
« Reply #143 on: November 08, 2014, 04:27:39 PM »
BAAaRrRRRAAAIIINNNNNNN all over again- we need a cracker!!!!!!
 Meh ticket booked - flying in for the game Dec1 - any link ups planned forumnites? Any special section for SWO fans?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 08, 2014, 04:49:31 PM »

Hasely Crawford stadium should be flood out in red in support for our women on Dec 2nd

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 08, 2014, 06:22:34 PM »
I'll be doing my best to make it. We are on the verge of creating history... we have to ram out de HCS. Come on TTFA, fans, waggonist, corporate T&T, show your support and let's give our Women Warrior all that they need to reach the promised land.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 08, 2014, 06:40:54 PM »
I eh goh lie......I am a waggonist on this one........
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 08, 2014, 06:42:23 PM »
I'll be doing my best to make it. We are on the verge of creating history... we have to ram out de HCS. Come on TTFA, fans, waggonist, corporate T&T, show your support and let's give our Women Warrior all that they need to reach the promised land.

I think the Hasely Crawford Stadium has not been sold out since October 2005 when T&T battle Mexico in a WC qualifier. This next game for our Women ballers should bring an end to the drought

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 08, 2014, 07:00:14 PM »

I think the Hasely Crawford Stadium has not been sold out since October 2005 when T&T battle Mexico in a WC qualifier. This next game for our Women ballers should bring an end to the drought

U 4get when Becks came. That was d last time 4 a TT game.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 08, 2014, 07:01:39 PM »
I couldn't be any prouder of these ladies. No complacency come December 2nd, we don't want the ghost of November 19th, 1989 coming back to haunt us.

1]; } ?>