April 19, 2024, 08:52:38 PM

Author Topic: Advice needed  (Read 2281 times)

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Advice needed
« on: November 14, 2006, 02:32:33 PM »
I bought a tv from superior stores in july the tv has a defect as it was send back o the company for repairs which lasted a month and it came back wih the same problem . The tv is from Luxom Industries . I am getting a set of run around and it seems like the customer has no rights , the hard part is that I bought it for cash so I cant even throw back the tv in thier face

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 03:15:26 PM »
Talk to the manager..say you want to upgrade to a better tv

That does get they attention...ah doh understand de cash part..yuh get ah receipt?

If all else fails..bun dong de effin store tonight  :-\
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 03:25:12 PM »
Aside from the manager, if the store is a chain, call the head office.

Make sure and record the name of the person and the date you had the conversation and let them know that you will be calling again if you do not hear back from them at the agreed date and time.

Follow up immediately with a letter putting your complaint in writing.

Call the Better Business Bureau and lodge a complaint.

As a last resort, you can pursue it in Small Claims Court.  You do not need legal representation to go to SCC.

Also, regarding the payment of cash.  Hopefully you still have your receipt which is proof of purchase. 

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 03:31:01 PM »

Make sure and record the name of the person and the date you had the conversation and let them know that you will be calling again if you do not hear back from them at the agreed date and time.

As a last resort, you can pursue it in Small Claims Court.  You do not need legal representation to go to SCC.

Also, regarding the payment of cash.  Hopefully you still have your receipt which is proof of purchase. 

dem ting does work in trinidad??

I does have ah hell of ah time trying change ah bress to ah leg in royal castle
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 03:36:22 PM »

Well, ah guess ah geh ketch dey.  Ah didn't check he location tuh realise is Trinidad.   In which case, ah go have tuh take back meh advice and tell yuh tuh jes keep honging dem till yuh annoy de hell outa dem and dey change de TV jes tuh get yuh orf dey back!!

Sorry.... :-\
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 03:45:02 PM »

I always thought it was de other way around..ah coulda never get dem to give me ah bress instead of ah leg..I is ah man like me bress  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 04:06:12 PM »

Call consumer affairs , they have a team of people that looking after this kind of problem .

They have to refund on your request , its against the law for them to do anything else.

Go to consumer affarirs and get back your money.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 04:31:24 PM »
 i have been to consumer affairs unless they have improved (i think they have) you IN FOR A RUN AROUND go to gladiator or another call in program un fortunately these people need embarrasment .

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 04:42:26 PM »
go to express house and ask where de morvant stand iz

next ask sombody in ah taxi if they going up de hill

next stop off by mc intosh street and ask fuh 4-5

tell him he bredren from florida send yuh

he go walk with yuh to de store

if he aint get it fuh yuh i go change meh name to imps
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006, 06:49:41 PM »
^^^ Nice ....    Man just go een the ppl store and cussup they ass nah steuppss .Tell pll they tv is junk ,
doh let me start eh

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 10:42:48 AM »
Okay, if you haven't got anywhere by now, here's my advice. Do not do any telephone calling. Put everything in writing. Write to the Store Head Office- Managing Director, copy to Branch store Manager, copy to Consumer Affaris. Attach copies of your bill and any correspondence. In your letter give them a 7-day deadline to respond.
Make sure to deliver the letters, either by hand or by post, and make a note of when you post them. It is better if you hand deliver, so that you can get someone to sign for receiving, otherwise you send the lettersby registered mail. Yes you can do that for inland mail.
You will get a response.

Do not give up. By law you are entitled to redress.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 11:02:26 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I reading de man post serious serious and then I come across this

T&T welcomes back...the King

1]; } ?>