April 29, 2024, 08:53:35 AM

Author Topic: T&T Under 20's vs Venezuela - PATRIOT Match Observations.  (Read 5316 times)

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T Under 20's vs Venezuela - PATRIOT Match Observations.
« on: November 25, 2006, 08:20:50 PM »
T&T Under 20's vs Venezuela - PATRIOT Match Observations.

Well I arrived at the Larry Gomes Stadium around 4:07pm, Just missing the kick-off. There was NO admission but yet still ONLY about 30 people were there, about TEN of them Venezuelans. Note to TTFF - PLEASE try and UNIFY the football calender so that football fans would NOT have to choose between Intercol semi's at the HCS and the Under-20 game at the LGS!!!

Well the first thing I noticed was that T&T were dominating the game and 8-9 of our team were in Venezuela's 1/2 of the field. The pressure continued for the next 5-10 mins and from a foul comitted just outside the Venezuelan penalty box, a free kick was 1/2 cleared by the Venezuelan defence, and fell to T&T's#3, left-sided defender, Marvin James, who rifled a left-footed shot past the dive of the Venezuelan keeper. Goal! T&T led 1-0 Now for the rest of the 1/2, the pattern of play continued with T&T domonating POSSESSION, but rarely creating much clear-cut chances. The Venezuelans, to me, seemed to be taking forever to settle and rarely threatened Adrian Foncette in goal for T&T. The ref turned a blind eye to some VERY robust challenges from BOTH teams, and this would have repercussions later. The 1/2 ended with T&T holding onto the 1-0 lead.

The second half had T&T taking the kick-off, and the crowd had now doubled to about 60. One man said there was a terrible accident on the highway and traffic for so! No sooner had a long, searching ball down our left been made, then the Venezuelans had it back and launched a quick counter attack with some smart 1-2's. Their final touch was horribe though and together with some sturdy defending by T&T and some brilliant saves by Foncette the scoreline remained unchanged...but the pressure eventually paid off! From a free kick situation, there was a mad scramble in the area and a Venezuelan player was able to knock the ball past Foncette. Score now tied at 1-1! Well from here on in, "all hell brokeloose". It was fists flying, man foot flying past face, and more blade pass than Gillette, Schick, personna and Bic put together!!! Yellow card start sharing like peas and eventually T&T right-back, Corneal Thomas was ejected in around the 75th minute for a second yellow when he retaliated with a little TOO obvious elbow. Brian Williams then made some subs, bringing on Dion Peters for Carlyle Mitchell in mid-field, Elton John replaced Guerra and Cadette came on for Aaron Downing. Fonette proved the busier of the 2 keepers in this half and it is HE who kept the scorline at 1-1!

All in all a decent performance by the team, but they will need to step it up next week if we are to beat Jamaica! The players are WAAAY too gun-shy! man looking to pass off the ball just outside the box instead of taking a crack! The forwards tracked back and our midfield tackled well, supporting the defence, which looked fairly well organized EXCEPT when defending free-kicks, as our marking was VERY suspect! But from open play the Venezuelans rarely broke through. From what I saw this afternoon, this Under-20 team will create FEW scoring chances and will be well-advised to play a TIGHT, defensive game in Kingston and play on the break, as we have some speedy players who can take on defences...but they MUST shoot MORE often!!!

Thanks to Shaun Fuentes for the team sheet:-

T&T starting eleven:-

Adrian Foncette #1
Marvin James #3
Corneal Thomas #4
Khaleem Hyland #7
Keon Daniel #8
Matthew Bartholomew #10
Aaron Downing #11
Atulla Guerra #12
Larry Bacchus #13
Carlyle Mitchell #20
Silas Spann #6

Lester Peltier was in the Jabloteh team in action today and so was not available.

I can't make it to tomorrow's game but wish the team the best of luck and hope someone else can post something for me to read when I get back from my own lil sweat in UWI.

As usual, feel free to ask me any questions on anything I may have missed out.

PATRIOT
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 07:11:01 AM by Flex »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: T&T Under 20's vs Venezuela - PATRIOT Match Observations
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 08:35:45 PM »
Thanks a million as usual Patriot.

Only question is did Keon Daniel #8 have much of an impact on the game?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 08:36:33 PM »
much thanks for de report Patriot...
I find that this seems to be a problem with most our teams as a whole...noone seems to be willing to take a crack at goal from outside....
Back in Trini...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 08:38:00 PM »
I find that this seems to be a problem with most our teams as a whole...noone seems to be willing to take a crack at goal from outside....

Men sufferin from Arsenalitis... :'( >:(

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 08:40:44 PM »

Men sufferin from Arsenalitis... :'( >:(

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
cud really be that yes!
Back in Trini...

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 08:57:52 PM »
Thanks Patriot. Well appreciated. Yuh name real showing its relevance. Sounds like yuh giving the defenders some compliments. Talent for the future? I wonder how radically different tomorrow's eleven will be. Glad that we getting 2 games.

Keep our eyes on de prize. We have to beat Jamaica then move on conquering de rest. Is war!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 09:04:17 PM »
so how much saves did the young warriors force on the venezuelan keeper to make
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 09:21:03 PM »

Not really Palos. In fact HE was one of the CHIEF culprits who refused to shoot from just outside the box! He DID show some nice touches mid-way through the first 1/2 when we were dominating play, making a nice solo run through the center of the field, but then opted to.. pass instead of shoot! Is either he lacking confidence or was playing to instructions. In fact the ONE man who seemed willing TO shoot was the sub, #14 Elton John. He, however needs some discipline as he was booked for retaliation within 5 mins of coming on.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 09:21:36 PM »
Next ting people. We cyah have our boys going Jamaica facing a possible rowdy 10,000 fans and then returning here to an empty stadium. Patriot, 60 spectators in de stadium!!!!!!!!!??????????????
Lord help us. Is negligence to have a stadium empty so. They should mandate all school children and teachers from primary schools and others to be brought to the stadium for free for the return game against Jamaica. I cyah believe how hopeless we are. Where is the SPECIAL ADVISOR money-mongering Jackula on da one. I eh hearing de advice. Damn stammering joker. Where is Groden, where Ollie. Steupppss. Set ah cudda munts!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 12:15:49 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 09:24:36 PM »
so how much saves did the young warriors force on the venezuelan keeper to make

About 5-6 in total, most of which were in the first 1/2 and I remember distinctly ONE in the 2nd

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 09:27:33 PM »
Next ting people. We cyah have our boys going Jamaicac facing a possible rowdy 10,000 fans and then returning here to an empty stadium. Patriot, 60 spectators in de stadium!!!!!!!!!??????????????
Lord help us. Is negligence to have a stadium empty so. They should mandate all school children and teachers from primary scools and others to be brought to the stadium for free for the return game against Jamaica. I cyah believe how hopeless we are. Where is the SPECIAL ADVISOR money mongering Jackula on da one. I eh hearing de advice. Damn stammering joker. Where is Groden, where Ollie. Steupppss. Set ah cudda munts!

As i said at the beginning of my match observations, the TTFF and SSFL need to harmonise their schedules. A lot of football supporters would have gone to the Intercol semis at the HCS or the PFL games. Football should NOT be competing with itself like that!!!!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 09:36:38 PM »
Next ting people. We cyah have our boys going Jamaicac facing a possible rowdy 10,000 fans and then returning here to an empty stadium. Patriot, 60 spectators in de stadium!!!!!!!!!??????????????
Lord help us. Is negligence to have a stadium empty so. They should mandate all school children and teachers from primary scools and others to be brought to the stadium for free for the return game against Jamaica. I cyah believe how hopeless we are. Where is the SPECIAL ADVISOR money mongering Jackula on da one. I eh hearing de advice. Damn stammering joker. Where is Groden, where Ollie. Steupppss. Set ah cudda munts!

yes and that game in JA playing in a community stadium
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 09:41:46 PM »
Thanks Patriot

Will somebody tell me that why playin for CL more important  than a practice match for the national team? The Gustine players and Fatima players should have also been given the chance to play for their schools.

If they had indicated that the game was free more people would have turn up u know how we like free thing.

Patriot how did Silas Spann look?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 10:20:33 PM »

Not really Palos. In fact HE was one of the CHIEF culprits who refused to shoot from just outside the box! He DID show some nice touches mid-way through the first 1/2 when we were dominating play, making a nice solo run through the center of the field, but then opted to.. pass instead of shoot! Is either he lacking confidence or was playing to instructions. In fact the ONE man who seemed willing TO shoot was the sub, #14 Elton John. He, however needs some discipline as he was booked for retaliation within 5 mins of coming on.

Kinda understandable in a way.  He comin off a broken foot and ah hear he still tentative in his play.  It eh easy comin back FULLY from a injury like dat.  Thanks again!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: T&T Under 20's vs Venezuela - PATRIOT Match Observations.
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2006, 07:30:34 AM »
One question though...

You said Marvin James scored and Shaun's report saying Khaleem Hyland ? by chance can you confirm ?

As usual Patriot, thanx for your report. If you get time send me a PM on the players individual rating/report so I can add it to the official report. Please do not post to much in-depth details on the forum until maybe after the JAM games. Off course only if you get the time...
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2006, 11:01:07 AM »
Thanks Patriot

Will somebody tell me that why playin for CL more important  than a practice match for the national team? The Gustine players and Fatima players should have also been given the chance to play for their schools.

If they had indicated that the game was free more people would have turn up u know how we like free thing.

Patriot how did Silas Spann look?

The answer to the 1st question is "He who pays the piper calls the tune". CLF Jabloteh PAYS Peltier's salary, so as a paid professional THEY decide whether to release him or not and accoding to FIFA rules they don't have to until 5 days before Dec 3rd. Silas played on the right-wing, and while he did not play badly, he's certainly NO winger. Personally fel he's better suited INside mid-field, but he DOES have some pace and can distribute well.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T Under 20's vs Venezuela - PATRIOT Match Observations.
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2006, 11:04:33 AM »
One question though...

You said Marvin James scored and Shaun's report saying Khaleem Hyland ? by chance can you confirm ?

As usual Patriot, thanx for your report. If you get time send me a PM on the players individual rating/report so I can add it to the official report. Please do not post to much in-depth details on the forum until maybe after the JAM games. Off course only if you get the time...

Well I'm positive it was the #3 player who scored for us and the team sheet has him as Marvin James.

UNDERSTOOD, i'll drop you a line with the details asaic (as soon as i can) :}

1]; } ?>