April 26, 2024, 12:56:45 AM

Author Topic: T&T vs Honduras (R).  (Read 10536 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T vs Honduras (R).
« on: July 07, 2005, 04:30:06 AM »
Panama could get another “Dennis” blow.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Scottish-based striker Collin Samuel could force his way into Leo Beenhakker’s start team for Trinidad and Tobago’s second 2005 CONCACAF Gold Cup encounter against Panama at the Orange Bowl Stadium from 9pm on Sunday.
The Dundee United striker came off the bench in Wednesday’s 1-1 draw with Honduras to play in an outside left position and almost stole the winner when his shot late in the game crashed off the top of the crossbar and he also a close penalty call go against him.
That seemed to be enough to convince Beenhakker that the striker from North Manzanilla was worthy of a start as the “Warriors” go after a win to strengthen their chances of reaching the quarter-finals.
The “Warriors” had Thursday off but were back on the training pitch on Friday morning, this time at St Thomas’ University which was not favoured by Beenhakker as the playing surface there was below standard. Nevertheless, Beenhakker got in a 75 minute session with his players.
He was however left contemplating whether the team could have one other session late on Friday as weather conditions threatened to worsen following the Hurricane Dennis warnings.
“We were not happy with the ground this morning and I have been left hoping that we can train one more time weather permitting,” Beenhakker said.
Second session or not, skipper Stern John and company realize that they must win to gain some comfort ahead of Tuesday’s closing group match against Colombia. And while tall defender Dennis Lawrence was a hero back in Port of Spain last month with the second goal against the Panamanians, he no doubt will be looking to inflict another “hurricane” blow on them this time around.
"It’s a big game for us again,” John told TTFF Media following the session. “We know we need to win this one to get through to the quarter final stage. It’s not going to be easy because the Panama team is a bit different with the Valdes brothers back in the team and they will be coming at us after the game we won last month. But we know we, including myself as the skipper, need to work harder in this game to pull it off.
Samuel too was raring to go in what is his second Gold Cup appearance, having been in the team for 2002 tournament under Rene Simoes.
“I’ll be delighted to have a chance of starting this game and especially if I can get on the scoresheet and help the team to a win. I really thought the shot in the last game was going in. I went for it at first and then said maybe I should move in a bit closer. The shot took a deflection off the defender so maybe that’s why it went that high. But tomorrow I could get the chance to play in what I see as my favourite position on the left so hopefully I can do some damage,” the former Falkirk striker said.
Though taking part in light training on Friday, midfielder Carlos Edwards and Brent Sancho are still unlikely to feature in Sunday’s match which will precede a second game between Colombia and Honduras. Only Glenton Wolfe with a hamstring blow, was able to take part in the full session. The team is not expected to feature any further changes with Kelvin Jack sure to keep his spot following a solid display in the goal against Honduras while the defense including Avery John and Cyd Gray was able to hold its own.
“This is an important game for us simply because it is in fact the next game,” Beenhakker told TTFF Media. “We know how Panama plays and they know how we play. We still have to play them in a next World Cup qualifying match. This time it’s a situation where both teams are trying to progress in the Gold Cup,” was all he added on the encounter.
Panama’s Jose Hernandez said his team would be going for the win.
“It’s an important game for us. Trinidad beat us  a couple weeks ago and we know they are a strong team but we will try our best to make things happen differently this time,” he said.
For Sunday’s game, a larger T&T presence is expected in the stands with at least 400 strong supporters along with a  “Warrior Girls” section backed by steelpan and tassa rhythm sections set to cheer on Beenhakker’s men.

Click here for photos from Friday's session.
News from the 8th of July 2005.
Dream Goal & then bomb scare for Birchall & ‘Warriors’
[/size]

Midfielder Chris Birchall described his first goal for Trinidad and Tobago as a “dream come true” moment following the exciting 1-1 draw with Honduras in the 2005 CONCACAF Gold Cup opener at the Orange Bowl Stadium, Miami on Wednesday night.
The 21-year-old Port Vale player was however a concerned chap on Thursday morning before the team left the Inter-Continental Hotel for training as the news of the London terrorist attacks reached the T&T camp.
Birchall, who hails from Strafford and has a Liverpool-born father along with T&T’s other UK-based pros were glued to their televisions and on their mobile phones and contact was made with family and friends in and around the areas that were under attack.
New Luton Town signee Carlos Edwards was on the exercise bicycle in the hotel gym when he happened to glance at the television before running off to his room on the seventh floor to ensure his wife Theressa was safe. She is currently staying with his cousin a few miles from the Edgware Road Underground Station where one of the explosions took place. Edwards also took up a new address in London last month following his move to Luton Town.
Though concerned, head coach Leo Beenhakker still managed to conduct a 90-minute training session at the Barry University Ground as the start team against Honduras were given an easier time while the others went through their usual drills with assistant coaches Wim Rhisbergen and Theo De Jong.
“It was a shocker for all of us when we got the news this morning,” Birchall told TTFF Media. “Fortunately for me, I live a pretty okay distance from where the attacks took place but I have been contact with my family over the phone and they’re in good hands. But it must me a terrible feeling for a lot of people back home now.”
Birchall was still however reminiscing in his wonder strike from 25 yards out which put T&T ahead 1-0 the previous evening and won him the Miller Lite “Player of the Game” award.
“We didn’t play the best last night but for me personally to get my first goal out of the way for Trinidad and Tobago and the way I scored it was a nice feeling. It came from the right and then Jason got inside and just put me in and the way he set the ball it was perfect for me to kill it into the top corner,” Birchall commented.
“It’s just a dream really, even to just come into the squad and then to score a goal like that in my fifth start for the team is unbelievable.”
“There was a bit of a disagreement with the gaffer at Port Vale because he didn’t want me to come over for the tournament but once I made my mind up, he said to go out and play my game and do what I had been doing for Port Vale all season. He’ll be pleased to know that I have scored and my confidence will be high playing for Trinidad again and then going back to England.”
Beenhakker gave the team the evening off, ordering that they rest until 3:30 and then be on their own until 11pm.
“We were not happy with the way the game went for us last night apart from the result and we know what has to be done for the next game,” Beenhakker said after lunch.
“Today is more like a recovery period after the game but it doesn’t just mean that we do what we feel to do. Tomorrow (Friday) the regular programme resumes.” Defender Brent Sancho and Glenton Wolfe who both missed the match with a hamstring problem did do some rehab work on Thursday and Edwards is expected to resume training on Friday. T&T faces Panama at 7pm on Saturday at the Orange Bowl.

Click here for more photos, compliments Shaun Fuentes.
News from the 7th of July 2005.
Honduras ties Trinidad & Tobago.
AP News.
[/color]

Christopher Birchall and Maynor Figueroa exchanged first half goals as Trinidad and Tobago and Honduras tied 1-1 in a first round CONCACAF Gold Cup game Wednesday night.
Trinidad & Tobago grabbed the lead in the 27th minute after the Miller Lite Man of the Match Christopher Birchall launched a bullet from the top of the box after receiving the cross from teammate Jason Scotland.
Honduras notched the equaliser as as Maynor Figueroa converted the free-kick with less than two minutes left to play on the first half. Both teams had opportunities to break the deadlock late in the second half but a couple of misfired shots kept the match a draw.
Honduras' Wilmer Velasquez missed an open goal when his shot deep in the goal area sailed above the crossbar in the 72nd minute. Trinidad and Tobago's Collin Samuel hit the crossbar with his shot from 25 yards nine minutes later.
Samuel's shot proved costly for Honduras, losing starting goalkeeper Victor Coello on the play. Coello dove to stop the shot but fell awkwardly and remained on the ground, favoring his left shoulder. Reserve Junior Morales replaced Coello, who was diagnosed with a left shoulder separation.
Birchall opened the scoring with a goal at the 27th minute to put Trinidad and Tobago ahead 1-0. Birchall successfully converted on a shot from 25 yards, finding the upper-right corner.
But Honduras countered with Figueroa's game-tying goal in the 43rd minute. Figueroa blasted a low free kick from the half circle past a wall of defenders and goalkeeper Kelvin Jack.
In Wednesday night's first game at the Orange Bowl, Panama surprised Group A favorite Colombia with a 1-0 victory. Panama leads Group A with three points. The second set of first round games will be played Saturday.

Teams:

TRI:
21-Kelvin Jack - 24-Cyd Gray, 3-Avery John, 4-Marvin Andrews, 6-Dennis Lawrence, 7-Christopher Birchall, 9-Aurtis Whitley, 12-Brent Rahim, 18-Densill Theobald (20-Collin Samuel 65th), 10-Jason Scotland (15-Kenwyne Jones 70th), 14-Stern John (capt).

TRI Booked:
Brent Rahim 23rd, Avery John 54th.

HON:
1-Victor Coello (22-Junior Morales 86th), 2-Asthor Henriquez, 3-Mayor Figueroa, 6-Junior Izaguirre, 9-Jose Francisco Ramirez (11-Milton Nunez 46th), 10-Wilmer Velasquez (capt), 13-Mario Berrios, 14-Oscar Garcia, 19-Elvis Danilo Turcios (8-Wilson Palacios 65th), 21-Erick Vallecilo, 23-Mario Ivan Guerrero.

HON Booked:
Mario Berrios 90th.

Miller Lite Man of the Match:
Christopher Birchall (TRI).
T&T lacked rhythm says Beenhakker.

Trinidad and Tobago coach Leo Beenhakker admitted that his team was “out of rhythm” in Wednesday night’s 1-1 draw with Honduras in the 2005 CONCACAF Gold Cup fixture at the Orange Bowl.
Panama’s 1-0 shocker over Colombia in the opening match stoke the spotlight but the T&T faithful may be a bit of a relieved bunch with the point after Honduras pressed them for much of the 90 minutes.
Despite Chris Birchall’s 27th minute stunner from 25 yards out to put the “Warriors” ahead 1-0, Honduras took the game to T&T and hardly eased off the gas leaving goalie Kelvin Jack needing to come up with some vital saves. Before T&T even went ahead, Stern John missed a sitter when his free shot from the top edge of the six yard box was saved by the goalkeeper. On 43 minutes, Jack was beaten by a thunderous free kick drive by Maynor Figueroa and then substitute Collin Samuel’s ripper went out off the top of the crossbar and goalkeeper Victor Coello dove to save and fell awkwardly, dislocating his left shoulder in the process. John didn't do too much and strike teammate Jason Scotland, despite playing the ball off well, did not deliver what Beenhakker had been expecting while Densill Theobald hardly troubled the opposition from the left side apart from his early volley which was deflected just wide of the far right post. Right side midfielder Brent Rahim deserved some credit for a gutsy second half performance.
As a result of the sustained pressure, Beenhakker said he was happy with the end scoreline.
“We played a hard game despite the fact that we were not too good in this game and I was pleased with that,” Beenhakker said in the post match conference.
“Most of our players are just back from a vacation and we had about eight days to train and we were a little bit out of our rhythm,” Beenhakker explained.
“I think we can only get better as the tournament goes along. I will be the first to confirm that we did not play well today. We lost a lot of balls and we did not have the sort of organization that we wanted.  But once again, with six or seven players just coming out of holidays and playing the first game in a month, it is obvious that we need some much time. In football, you cannot look for a solution in training. It’s a method that you have to use in playing games and in that respect I was happy with the result. Honduras gave us a very good match but I expect that the team of Trinidad and Tobago will give a better performance in the next game,” he added.
When asked about whether it was a ploy to hit the ball into the strikers and home for others to play off them, the former Saudi Arabia coach said it occurred because of the players not being in the best condition.
“We made a lot of errors in keeping the ball and that is what I meant by talking about the consequences of not playing a game in a month time. We were not controlling it in the midfield and as a result we were using more of the long balls in some points of the game.”
Birchall, for his efforts including his maiden goal for T&T, was named the Miller Lite “Player of the Game”.
He was questioned by reporters about his thoughts on the match and also whether he was out of steam regarding a certain play when he almost turned the ball into his own goal
“We went into that game with a  certain formation and we played to that but Honduras also played to a plan and they did pretty well against us. They did not make it easy for us and hopefully we can only get it better for the next game,” Birchall said.
“For me personally it was a bit of both with some fatigue. Luckily a goal didn’t result from it but we can only be better for the rest of the tournament,” the Port Vale player ended. T&T will train on Thursday morning at Barry University Ground and a second session is also scheduled in the evening at the same venue.
Up-Close with Flex.

T&T did good for a team that played with 5 players (Andrews, Jack, Lawrence, Brichall and Avery). Honduras never gave us a chance to settle in and Panama will be gunning for us especially since they beat group favorites Colombia, so the road will not be easy. I am disappointed with the way our team played and the coaches decision to continue to play players out of position, very poor indeed. We should consider ourselves lucky to even come away with one point. I wouldn't be to harsh on how the team played though as this was their first game since the last encounter with Mexico. T&T lacked rhythm and, at one time interest in the game, maybe a lack off fitness was at fault ? On a positive note, the team should get better as the tournament progresses. At-times they show glimpses of what they are capable of doing.

In a nut-shell:

Kelvin JACK: Had an out-standing game, left for dead many times and came up big, Jack justified his pick.

Cyd GRAY: Give his marker to much space, seems capable of playing the right wing better than the right defense. Hopefully Atiba Charles will be back.

Marvin ANDREWS: Had an ok game, made one or two simple mistakes, but worked hard and made up.

Dennis LAWRENCE: Seems he love to make runs forwards, many times he try to make one/two exchange passes with other players but never got the return pass, did his job well in defense.

Avery JOHN: Like Gray, give his marker to much space at times, but did better than Gray defensive wise, seems frustrated at times as no one was there for the pass or throw-in.

Brent RAHIM: Had terrible first half, looked much better in the second, Carlos was missed, Rahim, like Theobald are central midfielders.

Aurtis WHITLEY: I don't think he is cut out to be a defensive midfielder. His tackles is very in-discipline.

Christopher BIRCHALL: Started slow, but made up, by far he seems the best midfielder on the team and the only player who isn't afraid to shoot the ball, Samuel apart. Oh yea, what a wicked goal, a top 10 nominee.

Densill THEOBALD: Why is Beenhakker continuing to use him on the left wing, had a terrible game but unlike Stern John, he did make one or two tackles that made up for his poor run forward. Our two wing backs Rahim and Theobald was killing our defense as they didn't help defend to often that caused Gray and Avery to commit them selves leaving Andrews and Lawrence to bite the bullet and in the process leaving tons of space in defense.

Jason SCOTLAND: Made one or two important tackles, lay off the ball well, needs to take his chances on goal and taking on defenders, in fact shoot more. I expected more seeing that he is desperate to break into the T&T team.

Stern JOHN: There is no words to describe Stern John, seems he forgot how to play football. He made one good pass in the whole game and miss a sitter with the goal keeper at his mercy. Didn't show leader qualities at all, should be scraped of his captaincy and replaced by Angus Eve in the final 18 if he continues to perform so poorly. I cant understand this out-of-form John is showing, his overall performance is sickening, he should have been subbed for Glen for the entire second half.

Kenwyne JONES: Did nothing much to help out, except for one or two headers that went a-stray. For a big built person those Honduras players was surely roughing him up.

Collin Samuel: Looked impressive and should replace Theobald on the left, had a fierce shot that rocked the woodwork. He should have also gotten a penalty.

Shots T&T:
Stern John (1), Aurtis Whitley (2), Densill Theobald (1), Brent Rahim (1), Jason Scotland (1), Collin Samuel (1), Marvin Andrews (1), Christopher Birchall (4), Total = 11.

Shots Honduras:

Free Kicks:
10 (TRI), 9 (HON).

Corners:
4 (TRI), 3 (HON).
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 09:06:13 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Honduras (R).
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 06:01:30 AM »
Well said Flex, I could not have said it better.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 06:02:10 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 06:31:43 AM »
I agree .. We saw the same match...I found the ref to be a little biased.. samuel even though it was not a hard foul in the box it was a foul and should have been a penalty..

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 06:40:27 AM »
Collin Samuel: Looked impressive and should replace Theobald on the left, had a fierce shot that rocked the woodwork. He should have also gotten a penalty.

I eh tink it was ah penalty, he made a meal out of it. Yes, de Honduran make contact wit him, but it was nutten. He even fall down in slow motion.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 07:00:48 AM »

I eh tink it was ah penalty, he made a meal out of it. Yes, de Honduran make contact wit him, but it was nutten. He even fall down in slow motion.

Like he buss ah matrix move?

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 07:07:42 AM »
i didn't see the match and doh want to make excuses but remember

1. honduras had a warm up game against canada this weekend. we had none.

2. honduras is a good side even though they not in the lasst 6 of WCQ.

3. beenie still experimenting i feel.

4. men not match ready. for all yuh who is play football, you might know that if you eh play a competitive match is a few weeks, some adjustment is required.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 07:16:43 AM »
Beenhakker should know how important warm-up matches are, so who to blame.

No excuses, we went on vacation after the Mexico game while other teams was active...

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 07:20:17 AM »
is beenie the one to organise the warm ups all he could do is request them and hope ttff arrange and we know the past history of them in regard to that dept.

the good thing is beenie should realise more of the weaknesses int he team-strikers and left side etc-good this happen now and not august. look i never expected any miracles-it will take a lot of improvement.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 07:41:43 AM »

Thais wha I was saying... he take too damn long to fall... is like he get de kick and 2 seconds later realise... "but wait ah get kick... let meh fall down..."
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005, 07:52:58 AM »
OK...ah have to say dis.

Beenie...WHA DE F#$K YUH DOIN?

A man say someting curious happen when dey sub Beenie and bring een BSC fuh dis game.  Well dat soundin about right to me.

Fuss ting....ah was completely surprised by de Stern John as captain ting.

It have man like Dog, Shaka and even Angus....but de man yuh put to captain is Stern?  Based on wha?

Maybe yuh was hopin by givin he de responsibility he woulda step up.  Well ah hope yuh realize now nuttin nah go so.

Stern playin SHIT EVERY BLASTED GAME!

De man need 5 chances to score 1. If was hard chances would be one ting.  Ah talkin SITTERS!!!  Dat any RESPECTABLE STRIKER would put away in dem sleep!

I hear Lincoln on de radio de oddah day talkin bout he would stay wi Stern because even doh he playin shit...yes folks...de Technical Director ADMITTIN STERN PLAYIN SHIT.....he could always pull one out de hat and score one fuh yuh.

Yuh see wha we dealin wit?  We lookin fuh F#$KIN MAGIC!!!  Pull sumting out de hat?  Allyuh feel Stern is F#$in Mandrake???  EARTH TO FLIKKIN LINCOLN AND DEM....HEEELLLLLOOOOOOOO....dis is NOT de Stern John of even 5 years ago. 

How come Stern English clubs dem doh look fuh de magic?  When he playin SHIT dey does bench he tail.  DEN de buggah does come back and start to score.  Yuh see de motivation tactic dat dows wuk wit Stern John?  BENCH!!!  Not mekkin he de captain!

Beenie....ah beginnin to wonder wha de hell goin on wit dis one.  Please...use de pichure Touches post and plant Stern ample ass firmly on de object on dah pichure nah.  Yuh might need some flikkin reinforcement fuh de bench doh because he so big and outta shape, de damn bench might BRUK.

Imagine dis alleged leader of men we have in de wall....jump out de way thus brukkin de wall allowin de ball to pass....and when goal score BECAUSE A HE ERROR....tunnin rong and bawlin at man??!!!

Steeeeeuuuupppppeeeessssss!

By de way...ah not blamin Stern SOLELY fuh dis result or performance.  Ah merely pointin out dat he bin CONSISTENT wit de TATA!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 08:01:49 AM »
All these games showing is that we players NOT GOOD Enough at this level.

it ent a matter of coachin etc ad ting now. If a man cyar trap good, run with a ball or score a sitter they have nuttin a coach could do again but go on the field and show them how its done.

You could see the team had a shape and had some kinda plan, you could also see who ent ready and who shittin down theyself.

Also consider this...who theobold will replace in the middle? He definitly cannot replace Birchall and since he ent good defensively, how can he replace Whitley who also out of position. So is left wing or left out for he.........and he not gettin the hint and pickin up he game.

Rahim too, where we go put he again on a field breds?.....is how much game he play for TT and ent do nuttin and have people bawl he out of position. He is another bench candidate. He play both wings, central mid, wing back. the only thing he ent do is strike.

I feel they put cyd to help Rahim and pressure the Hondurans but clearly they have no understanding, and someone wasnt doing they job, because the Honduran was gettin into free space. The wing back is COVER for the mid. The wingback not supposed to have a man running at him all the time.

Dwight Yorke will be the player to guide this team to the WC. He is the leader and the best player we have, give him glenn, Scotland and Samuel and we have a chance.

Last thing......try this experiment. Put Birchall on the right wing and tell him run at players. Put Spann in the def mid, and put Seaton as the playmaker. Samuel at left wing. We go look a lil more productive and START Glenn and Kenwyne.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2005, 08:32:42 AM »
"All these games showing is that we players NOT GOOD Enough at this level."

i hate to say it but i tend to agree.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2005, 09:18:38 AM »
How allyuh so quick to over-react and over-analyze.

You don't get over night miracles.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2005, 09:27:39 AM »
People don't forget that a few months the team did not know their arse from dey elbow under that coach from Tobago (I can't remember his name so I will call him Dummy until I remember).  If Dummy was still coaching we probably would have lost 2-0 or 3-0 against Honduras.  Honduras is a good team, we are not superior to them..the 1-1 result was good when looking at where the team was 3 months ago.

Although Leo is trying to get the team to gel, I am sure he looking at other players as he prepare for Aug 17..so although good results are important (winning builds confidence), let's be patient. 

Looking at the pressure Honduras had us under in the second half, in the past we would have cracked and given up a goal...so well done Warriors for a point well earned.

I was ah Kelvin Jack hater after the Mexico game for the goals he conceded (I respect him for playing and standing up to the Mexicans while Imps was playing de arse)...he performed well last night, very good performance.  However, he need to try to hold the ball more often, this parrying ting will not work against the better teams with more clinical and opportunistic forwards.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 09:47:33 AM »
vs Panama ah feel this line-up decent ?

Jack
Charles  Andrews  Lawrence  Avery
Eve/Gray   Birchall   Theobald/Whitley  Samuel
         Scotland         Glen
« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 10:18:44 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2005, 09:53:52 AM »
IS EDWARDS BACK FOR PANAMA ??

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2005, 10:23:39 AM »
OK...now dat ah calm dong...ah have to reflect on meh Stern John statement.

It patently clear dat Stern not match fit.

Same goes fuh plenty other players.

Nobody know more dan me how crucuial Stern is to we chances of qualifying.

So ah guess de only ting Beenie could do is if de man eh match fit.....de only way to get he fit is to play he.

Bench eh doin he no good.

Ah could handle dat line a thinkin.

Still cyah figure out de awardin of de captaincy to he doh.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2005, 11:12:23 AM »
We don't have the type of players that could just come in a few days before a game and perform well. They just not on that level. They need a constant dose of football...whether it's on the field or on the board.

They have potential as seen in Mexico but it was a mistake giving them all that time off as opposed to preparing for the Gold Cup.

Most of them might be coming off a season but it aint that long for them anyway. If you look at the amount of games them fellas playin abroad...it aint alot compared to players that have to play in Europe as well as League games. So they really doh need that much of a break. Most ah dem been warming bench for stretches.

As stated many times Stern is a major problem. Beenie will have to bench him and try a different combination because we need to make full use of these games. When season start dem fellas gone. No point waitin to do it.

We probably gonna get it right for Columbia but Panama will be beaten regardless.
It says a lot thought that we playin Tata against teams like Honduras and not gettin 5 in we a**. 

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2005, 07:09:01 PM »
lemme just say that yes, stern had a sub-ar game. but dont blame leo for leaving him in because we were pumping long balls forward, not building uup. thus, we needed a forward to hold up balls and allow our midfield some time to come up. so i can see why he left him in.
Hart for president

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2005, 12:22:31 PM »
i think that trinidad is improveing greatly, though i did not see any better performance form the game with mexico.kenwyne jones should not have been on the field i think that cornel glen is a much better player especially coming off the bench to give the team a little pace in the forward line.he is one of the most energetic players on the team and if not start he should be the first forward off teh bench. JUST MY OPINION!            Shawn Garcia ...........
All American

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2005, 12:34:22 PM »
i think that trinidad is improveing greatly, though i did not see any better performance form the game with mexico.kenwyne jones should not have been on the field i think that cornel glen is a much better player especially coming off the bench to give the team a little pace in the forward line.he is one of the most energetic players on the team and if not start he should be the first forward off teh bench. JUST MY OPINION!            Shawn Garcia ...........

Shawn Garcia from QRC and the National u-23 team from 96??

Welcome aboard man
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

truetrini

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2005, 07:38:41 AM »
So wait nah, de taem not imprfoving a whole lot?

Bring back Bertille now! ::)

1]; } ?>