March 28, 2024, 08:58:29 AM

Author Topic: tortured...burnt and beaten  (Read 2567 times)

truetrini

tortured...burnt and beaten
« on: December 19, 2006, 12:01:27 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/hereford/worcs/6191437.stmFour teenagers jailed for torture

Katy James has been left with severe scarring

Four teenagers who burned, beat and abused a girl with learning difficulties have been jailed.
The four from Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, ignited aerosol sprays to burn Katy James, 17, during four hours of torture.

Wynette Darkes, 17, and Hayley Kirby, 18, were given six and a half years in prison. James Smale, 17 and Robert Hart, 18, were given indefinite terms.

They all pleaded guilty to causing grievous bodily harm.

They also all admitted attempting to pervert the cause of justice.

Flame throwers

The two males cannot be considered for parole until they have served at least three years and three months.

Worcester Crown Court heard the attack took place at Darkes and Smales' flat in Burcot Lane on 23 March.

Prosecuting, Nicholas Cartwright said Miss James was also verbally abused, threatened with a knife, battered with a chair and foot-rest.

Her ordeal lasted for many hours and amounted to torture, physical and mental

Judge Alastair McCreath

She was forced to drink a glass containing urine and cigarette butts and made to eat chilli powder.

Her hair and head were burnt when two aerosols were converted into "flame-throwers".

He said Kirby instigated the violence claiming to have suffered a miscarriage because Miss James smoked near her.

Judge Alastair McCreath called their behaviour "unspeakable and wicked".

"Her ordeal lasted for many hours and amounted in ordinary language to torture, physical and mental," he said.

"Whatever the apparent reason for it was, what you did was grotesquely out of proportion to anything she had ever done to you, if she had ever done anything at all."

Hearing problems

Katy's mother, Dawn Lazri, said the attack had left her daughter with long-term problems.

"She has severe scarring to her stomach and legs, on which she hopes to have plastic surgery at some time in the future.

"In addition, she now has hearing problems which were caused by the blows inflicted to her head, and she suffers from a lack of confidence."

Det Sgt Sue Farrell, from Bromsgrove CID, said it was a nasty attack which caused shock in the community.

"Katy was lucky in that her injuries were not even more serious.

"However, an experience like this is not easily forgotten.

"We are keen to reassure residents that incidents of this nature are extremely rare."

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: tortured...burnt and beaten
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 05:18:40 AM »
 Mad people worldwide inc.  ??? ???
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 06:40:02 AM »
this real sad. i wonder if the fact she had LD had anythign to do with the attack or they just put that to provoke more empathy.
at any rate this is just a real stupid case of bullying. plain n simple.
no synpathy for them kids none. but it may be important to look at thier fmaily life... sometimes  it have a connectin with home life.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 07:36:21 AM »
Same damn ting happen to a  lil gyirl in vancouver some years ago....except she didnt survive

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reena_Virk

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/virk/

Everybody wanna be ah gyangster  :-\
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 07:40:39 AM »
Same damn ting happen to a  lil gyirl in Victoria vancouver some years ago....except she didnt survive

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reena_Virk

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/virk/

Everybody wanna be ah gyangster  :-\
That was VERY disturbing as it happened in my neighbourhood.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 09:10:32 AM by RedHowler »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 08:11:32 AM »
She should sue they arse ,for everything they have too. One thing about trini eh ,we have likkle bullying
but nothing compared to these ppl up here.In fact bullies in trini ,is protect ppl from advantage  ;D

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 11:05:32 AM »
CV:5...as yuh say dat. It remine me of someting. Talkin bout bullies.

One day I was walking dong Observatory Street in POS going some place or the other.
As I pass a corner, a fella soot meh. I din look back. Ma tell me never to look back, just keep walking, head up.
Ay Ay...I going my way, de fella ease up behine me and start some lyrics. How he want to marr'red meh, how he like meh. I was just a chile eh? Maybe 12 going een 13.
Next ting I hear a man acrawse de street shout "AY!"
It ketch meh unexpected so I look. De man look at de fella who was harrassing me and just shake he head slightly to say 'no'.
De fella back awf farse farse and disappear.

When I come back home an' tell Ma, she akse meh to describe de man who say 'no'. Den she nod..."eh heh, dat was Dr. Rat. He doh let nobody interfere wid dis family."

lol....ah was mafia oui...LOL

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 11:19:47 AM »
CV:5...as yuh say dat. It remine me of someting. Talkin bout bullies.

One day I was walking dong Observatory Street in POS going some place or the other.
As I pass a corner, a fella soot meh. I din look back. Ma tell me never to look back, just keep walking, head up.
Ay Ay...I going my way, de fella ease up behine me and start some lyrics. How he want to marr'red meh, how he like meh. I was just a chile eh? Maybe 12 going een 13.
Next ting I hear a man acrawse de street shout "AY!"
It ketch meh unexpected so I look. De man look at de fella who was harrassing me and just shake he head slightly to say 'no'.
De fella back awf farse farse and disappear.

When I come back home an' tell Ma, she akse meh to describe de man who say 'no'. Den she nod..."eh heh, dat was Dr. Rat. He doh let nobody interfere wid dis family."

lol....ah was mafia oui...LOL

yuh is ah belmont girl?  I remember one time some english man or yankee man did approcah Dr, Rat and ask he what kinda doctoe he was  hear RAt:

"I am a doctor of Bush!"

true story.

de man was ah borse oui.

lol

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 11:30:12 AM »
dey should jail the parents too.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 11:41:37 AM »
TrueTrini, yep, born in POS around the corner from de harp...

That man frightened me. One time he visited and I was sitting in the kitchen refusing to finish my lunch. One sight of that man entering my yard and yuh girl finish she meal pronto oui. An' run inside...

~~~~

Ribbit...I agree and disagree...
I always used to hear 'yuh could make de chile, yuh cah make dey mind"...I thought that was rubbish. I though parents can determine who their child is...
but now, as a parent...no...I can guide, I can provide and I can pray like hell that they turn out alright, but they will be who they will be and sometimes a child can turn around and break your heart with their actions. I spend time in schools here and meet some children and their parents and can't see any relationship. Gentle parents and vile children. Vile parents and sweet children...

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 12:04:34 PM »
TrueTrini, yep, born in POS around the corner from de harp...

That man frightened me. One time he visited and I was sitting in the kitchen refusing to finish my lunch. One sight of that man entering my yard and yuh girl finish she meal pronto oui. An' run inside...

~~~~

Ribbit...I agree and disagree...
I always used to hear 'yuh could make de chile, yuh cah make dey mind"...I thought that was rubbish. I though parents can determine who their child is...
but now, as a parent...no...I can guide, I can provide and I can pray like hell that they turn out alright, but they will be who they will be and sometimes a child can turn around and break your heart with their actions. I spend time in schools here and meet some children and their parents and can't see any relationship. Gentle parents and vile children. Vile parents and sweet children...

queenie, ent one of them (kirby age 18) blamed the victim for a miscarriage due to 2nd hand smoke?

He said Kirby instigated the violence claiming to have suffered a miscarriage because Miss James smoked near her.

i drawing inferences about the upbringing from this statement. like she real need attention, some parenting or have some problems.

1]; } ?>