April 19, 2024, 08:15:58 PM

Author Topic: W Connection prepares for Harbour View in Brazil.  (Read 7924 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
W Connection prepares for Harbour View in Brazil.
« on: January 02, 2007, 05:24:12 PM »
W Connection start pre-season in Brazil.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague.com).

The 2006 TT Pro League’s runners up Vibe CT 105 W Connection will depart for Brazil on Friday 5, 2007 in preparation of their upcoming Club Championship matches later this month.
The 2006 First Citizens Cup Champions are to return on the 23rd of January just three days before their semifinal match against Harbour View FC of Jamaica in the 2006/2007 Caribbean Club Championship.
According to Chairman of the Club, David John Williams, the postponement of the club championships forced them to re-schedule their trip, “Originally we were planning on a six weeks pre-season trip to Brazil but with the shift in Club Championship matches we were forced to bring forward our trip,” said the Club owner.
When asked by ‘ttproleague.com’ about the choice of Brazil for their pre-season campaign, Williams was quick to respond saying, “Brazil is the Mecca of football and we will now use this trip to prepare the team physically and mentally for our upcoming Club Championship matches and our 2007 Pro League season.”
“Our players are going to grow mentally seeing football everyday in a football environment and physically because of the type of teams we are going to play against in Brazil.”
“We already have our Brazilian players Jose Luis Seabra, Gefferson Goulart, Ronaldo Viana, William Da Silva Oliviera, Christian Almas and Murilo Da Costa in Brazil and they have been assisting greatly with the pre-season trip. They have already confirmed two games. Our first against Sao Paulo First Division team Reo Claro on the 11th and Brazil Premier Championship Club Sao Caetano on the 20th of January,” confirmed Williams.
W Connection’s first choice goal keeper Jan Michael Williams would not be making the trip due to national duties for the Digicel Caribbean Cup.
However, team manager Raymond Mc Lean confirmed the injured W Connection and Trinidad and Tobago national player Silvio Spann will travel with the team, Mc Lean said, “Silvio has to undergo surgery and he will make the trip with us in Brazil where we will try to organize for him to have the surgery there.”
The list of players making the South-American trip will be goalkeeper Kerwin Beckles, Elijah Joseph, Earl Jean, Andre Toussaint, Nickcolson Thomas, Andrei Pacheco, Christian Viveros, Silvio Spann, Dwight Scott, Jerren Johnson, Kerron Smith, Kern Cupid, Clyde Leon, Shane Calderon, Brenton De Leon, Hughton Hector, Arron Downing, Matthew Bartholomew, Devon Drayton, Devon Bass and 20 year old Dominican Republic youth Jonatan Rafael Fana Farias who recently signed with the club.
The W Connection team will meet with their cast of Brazilian players Jose Luis Seabra, Gefferson Goulart and Ronaldo Vianna, William Da Silva Oliviera, Christian Almas and goalkeeper Murilo Da Costa who are already in Brazil.
A technical staff headed by Technical Director Stuart Charles Fevrier, assistant coaches Benjamin Davies and Leonson Lewis, goal-keeping coach Trevor Nottingham, Physiotherapist/Trainer Nigel Stuart, massage therapist Chandeo Boodoosingh, equipment manager John Jerry and team manager Raymond Mc Lean will accompany the team.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: W Connection prepares for Harbour View in Brazil.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 06:01:47 PM »
shane carledon still with the team have not heard his name in ages ?? great news anyway one thing i hope he eh sign no more brazilians  ;D
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 06:28:58 PM »
What ever happened to Anthony Clarke?

he used to be their Goalkeeping Coach.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 06:40:16 PM »
What ever happened to Anthony Clarke?

he used to be their Goalkeeping Coach.
He is focussed on running his own business.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 04:21:39 AM »
W Connection operates like a real professional team. I like they style. I hope they beat up some teams in de CONCACAF Cup especially them Jamaican teams.

Jonatan Rafael Fana Farias is a decent youth from DR....

Anybody know if them concacaf game coming up for Jabloteh and W Connection is home and away ties. ?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 06:29:01 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 09:25:34 AM »
W Connection start pre-season in Brazil.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague.com).

The 2006 TT Pro League’s runners up Vibe CT 105 W Connection will depart for Brazil on Friday 5, 2007 in preparation of their upcoming Club Championship matches later this month.
The 2006 First Citizens Cup Champions are to return on the 23rd of January just three days before their semifinal match against Harbour View FC of Jamaica in the 2006/2007 Caribbean Club Championship.
According to Chairman of the Club, David John Williams, the postponement of the club championships forced them to re-schedule their trip, “Originally we were planning on a six weeks pre-season trip to Brazil but with the shift in Club Championship matches we were forced to bring forward our trip,” said the Club owner.
When asked by ‘ttproleague.com’ about the choice of Brazil for their pre-season campaign, Williams was quick to respond saying, “Brazil is the Mecca of football and we will now use this trip to prepare the team physically and mentally for our upcoming Club Championship matches and our 2007 Pro League season.”
“Our players are going to grow mentally seeing football everyday in a football environment and physically because of the type of teams we are going to play against in Brazil.”
“We already have our Brazilian players Jose Luis Seabra, Gefferson Goulart, Ronaldo Viana, William Da Silva Oliviera, Christian Almas and Murilo Da Costa in Brazil and they have been assisting greatly with the pre-season trip. They have already confirmed two games. Our first against Sao Paulo First Division team Reo Claro on the 11th and Brazil Premier Championship Club Sao Caetano on the 20th of January,” confirmed Williams.
W Connection’s first choice goal keeper Jan Michael Williams would not be making the trip due to national duties for the Digicel Caribbean Cup.
However, team manager Raymond Mc Lean confirmed the injured W Connection and Trinidad and Tobago national player Silvio Spann will travel with the team, Mc Lean said, “Silvio has to undergo surgery and he will make the trip with us in Brazil where we will try to organize for him to have the surgery there.”
The list of players making the South-American trip will be goalkeeper Kerwin Beckles, Elijah Joseph, Earl Jean, Andre Toussaint, Nickcolson Thomas, Andrei Pacheco, Christian Viveros, Silvio Spann, Dwight Scott, Jerren Johnson, Kerron Smith, Kern Cupid, Clyde Leon, Shane Calderon, Brenton De Leon, Hughton Hector, Arron Downing, Matthew Bartholomew, Devon Drayton, Devon Bass and 20 year old Dominican Republic youth Jonatan Rafael Fana Farias who recently signed with the club.
The W Connection team will meet with their cast of Brazilian players Jose Luis Seabra, Gefferson Goulart and Ronaldo Vianna, William Da Silva Oliviera, Christian Almas and goalkeeper Murilo Da Costa who are already in Brazil.
A technical staff headed by Technical Director Stuart Charles Fevrier, assistant coaches Benjamin Davies and Leonson Lewis, goal-keeping coach Trevor Nottingham, Physiotherapist/Trainer Nigel Stuart, massage therapist Chandeo Boodoosingh, equipment manager John Jerry and team manager Raymond Mc Lean will accompany the team.

This article brings a massive smile to my face. I am very proud to see the seriousness of a TT Proleague team manifesting in this way especially after the season. Even prouder for meh boy Leonson Lewis, who is portuguese speaking, going to Brazil and enhancing his already existing coaching potential and experience. Professionalism is definitely creeping into the Pro League teams and real benefits of being a member can be clearly seen. Traveling changes players who previously might only know about hanging by the block and taking a corbeaux-sweat. When they interact with opponents and see their attitude, alot will rub off and their mind-set will  be changed. Also I am happy to see round-the-year-fitness being engineered by managerial planning of trips and so on. They will be ready for short-notice selection to the national team and international trials and of course, Concacaf club competition

Congrats W Connection. Allyuh showing real vision. The doubting Trini public go jump on de bandwaggon soon. Doh frighten. TT Proleague magazine, make sure you send journalists/correspondents to cover this trip and show plenty pictures!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 10:18:03 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 10:10:55 AM »
WC leaps ahead of the other teams in the Pro League
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 12:22:53 PM »
Connection, Jabloteh, Joe Public and to a lesser extent AIA are true pro teams.  The only problem I have is all the invisible people who attend he games. How are we going to fill those stadium seats. I watch one of the games on the web. The standard is not that bad. Decent ball control. Not too much boom-kick. jabloteh did well in Concacaf against Chicago. Connection was leading Toluca 2-0 for about 3/4 of the game AT Toluca. I  saw Petrotrin play one of the smartest game against DC in RFK a couple years ago. They lost 1-0 with 10 mins. to go. Joe Public got creamed the next year(they were not supposed to be there).
    The clubs have to work overtime to attract fans to the games. I wish I had the magic wand to help. You would think that after the WC, fans would flock to the stadiums. But I dreaming bigtime. I hope is a Connection/Jabloteh final

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 12:47:43 PM »
The majority of true diehards of football that reside home does be on this site and as much as we luv this game we have other things goin on in our lifes so the Pro League does suffer.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 05:31:41 PM »
Connection, Jabloteh, Joe Public and to a lesser extent AIA are true pro teams.  The only problem I have is all the invisible people who attend he games. How are we going to fill those stadium seats. I watch one of the games on the web. The standard is not that bad. Decent ball control. Not too much boom-kick. jabloteh did well in Concacaf against Chicago. Connection was leading Toluca 2-0 for about 3/4 of the game AT Toluca. I  saw Petrotrin play one of the smartest game against DC in RFK a couple years ago. They lost 1-0 with 10 mins. to go. Joe Public got creamed the next year(they were not supposed to be there).
    The clubs have to work overtime to attract fans to the games. I wish I had the magic wand to help. You would think that after the WC, fans would flock to the stadiums. But I dreaming bigtime. I hope is a Connection/Jabloteh final

I think that when it comes to football T&T fan's more British in their outlook than yanks. We need to have some history with ah club to follow them and by history I not only mean longevity but also longterm links with a local community and most T&T clubs with that kind of history ain't professional. That is why colleges league (even with it's current poor standard) still could draw more Fans than the Pro League. Even most of the newer Govt Secondary's have more history than the majority of Pro league sides. Some change their names, how many names AIA and Petrotrin had, most teams doh even play in their apparent communities....Connection supposed tuh be from Couva but seem to play mainly in Marabella, As far as I know Jabloteh doh play in San Juan. Many people I know back in T&T not even sure what community Joe Public supposed to be linked with. If the pro-league double their efforts in trying to promote some community links with the sides it should pay dividends but doh expect instant results. Hopefully this proleague is a longterm project.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 06:50:44 PM »
Good points Rodney especially on the relevance of community links for the football teams
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 09:09:55 PM »
i wonder how many more ppl hadda make this same point b4 these clubs/the pfl listen???

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 10:19:46 PM »
well from what ah hear from my brazilian connections rio claro is a team we should beat up on......sao caetano will be more competitive for us
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2007, 12:31:41 AM »

I think that when it comes to football T&T fan's more British in their outlook than yanks. We need to have some history with ah club to follow them and by history I not only mean longevity but also longterm links with a local community and most T&T clubs with that kind of history ain't professional. That is why colleges league (even with it's current poor standard) still could draw more Fans than the Pro League. Even most of the newer Govt Secondary's have more history than the majority of Pro league sides. Some change their names, how many names AIA and Petrotrin had, most teams doh even play in their apparent communities....Connection supposed tuh be from Couva but seem to play mainly in Marabella, As far as I know Jabloteh doh play in San Juan. Many people I know back in T&T not even sure what community Joe Public supposed to be linked with. If the pro-league double their efforts in trying to promote some community links with the sides it should pay dividends but doh expect instant results. Hopefully this proleague is a longterm project.
what they have to do is change the name of the clubs to the name of their area,something like San Juan Jabloteh,Ariima Fire, you understand where i coming from,in that way people will get more involve with their community team.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2007, 07:23:36 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
                                  Rodney made a good point about clubs identifying with a community or number of communities. The clubs should try to mark off the various communities that they want to be associated with and do community work. Like run youth level programs(boys&girls). AIA should target Laventille(Sucess, Trou Macaque, Morvant, Never Dirty, etc) Run an AIA community league for girls and boys. Jabloteh should target Mallick, Barataria, Santa Cruz, Mt Lambert, bourg Malatresse,Aranguez(do the same thing). I think Jabaloteh should try to build a mini stadium in Aranguez. As a matter of fact. Aranguez is big enough to have a small sport complex. track and feild, football, cricket with lights. Swimming pool and small indor arena. Between Manning and Duprey this can be accomplished. Jack have Tunapua/Tacarigua. John Williams has the whole of Central. Sando/Princess Town is wide open for anyone with plenty discretionary income and passion for football. Same goes for Arima/Dabadie, Point, Palo Seco, Fyzabad..

Offline heete

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2007, 11:21:52 PM »
dem stadiums rel out of the way too for a travelling supporter. especially Ato Boldon and Manny Ramjohn.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2007, 06:05:23 AM »
dem stadiums rel out of the way too for a travelling supporter. especially Ato Boldon and Manny Ramjohn.

From a British perspective them distance is nuthin, but I get yuh point. If your team supposed to be from Couva why you have to travel tuh Marabella to see them play? Look what happen to Wimbeldon when they move first tuh Selhurst park and then to Milton Keynes. First they loss about ah third of their supporters even though it was only a relatively short tube/rail journey away, then loss virtually all original support when they went tuh M.Keynes. They were smart though...they change their name to MK Dons and get ah whole new set of supporters which originally was pretty small but is still growing in size.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2007, 07:31:12 AM »
How are those stadiums out of the way?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2007, 08:20:34 PM »
After living in the US, nothing in T&T seems far anymore., it seems to me that those stadiums are not out of the way. Manny Ramjohm right in Marabella off the Southern Main Rd. Iam not sure of Ato Bolden. But  that stadium is between Couva and Chaguanas, serving those two communities. Can fans get  buses to that stadium?

1]; } ?>