April 28, 2024, 07:35:08 PM

Author Topic: Jemmott wants to prove his pick in Digicel Cup.  (Read 13511 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Jemmott wants to prove his pick in Digicel Cup.
« on: January 05, 2007, 04:21:12 PM »
Jemmott wants to prove his pick in Digicel Cup.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

National team midfield recall Kerwyn “Hardest” Jemmott says witnessing the exploits of the “Soca Warriors” at the 2006 World Cup Finals was a wake up call for him and now he’s desperate to prove that he is worthy of a spot in the national team.
Jemmott, now attached to Pro League team Superstar Rangers, has been one of the more inconsistent players in terms of form and selection in the national team in recent years but a recall to the final team for the Digicel Caribbean Cup by head coach Wim Rijsbergen has given him hope again. He remains a player with maybe the most deft and stylish touch in local football.
The former Joe Public player, who last played for T&T in a Digicel Cup qualifier against St Vincent and the Grenadines in January 2005, has turned out to all of the training sessions since being called last month and has vowed to put his best effort forward for the hosts as they begin the challenge on January 12 against Barbados at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.
“I’m glad to get back on the team and I am just really looking forward to grab this opportunity and make the best of it,” he told TTFF Media in a somewhat timid manner.
He added that he was disappointed to have not made Leo Beenhakker’s team during the World Cup qualifiers in 2005 but now wants to deliver for Rijsbergen.
“I still think I have what it takes to do good for the country. I didn’t stop training at all. I got an injury and then when the last coach (Leo Beenhakker) came, I was not in the squad again. Now I just want to thank the coach for giving me an opportunity and I want to show the country that I can do it at this level,” added the 28-year-old Jemmott who has 30 appearances for T&T.
Meantime, his close friend, a neighbour at Nelson Street, Port of Spain, could likely be the captain of the team for the Digicel Cup, being the most capped player with 43 appearances. Densill Theobald also came through similar upbringing as Jemmott, playing alongside each other from the youth grade. But Theobald went on to line up against Sweden and England before a world audience. He too knows that the challenge could be an uphill one.
“It’s good that ‘Hardest’ is back in the team but he needs to realize that players don’t get chances so easily and if he is serious he has to put his head down and maintain a good amount of discipline,” the 24-year-old Theobald said on Friday.
“I will try my best to guide him as I have done before but this time I think we both have some more experience so hopefully it will go well for both of us. Personally I realize my responsibility on this team now because there are a lot of younger players and this is a tournament in which all the countries want to win for bragging rights. I think the coach has not had the easiest of times and he is missing a few of his players but we will do our best to give him full support by doing what he request of us on the field of play,” Theobald added. The 21-man squad will resume training under Rijsbergen at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

(Photo shows Jemmott keeping the ball up before some youngsters during Digicel's coaching clinic at the St Dominic's Home in Belmont on Thursday)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 05:42:51 PM by Flex »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jemmot Wants To Prove His Pick In Digicel Cup
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 04:47:54 PM »
Hardest

Nuff man and woman on this site watching you like a man stalking a woman so we will see if your bad boyz days are behind u
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 05:27:54 PM »
“It’s good that ‘Hardest’ is back in the team but he needs to realize that players don’t get chances so easily and if he is serious he has to put his head down and maintain a good amount of discipline,” the 24-year-old  Theobald said on Friday.

Look who talking,he should be glad he getting a second chance with his unprofessional behavior.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 06:06:58 PM by Tallman »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jemmott wants to prove his pick in Digicel Cup.
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 05:58:31 PM »
From a good soruce, they told me Jemmott was the one who broke out Theobald...

But still Theobald right, no one got chances like Jemmott did and still he is here with another chance, is either he real good or he just lucky...

Like Yorke, it took this long to realise how important T&T is and how it can benefit a player, the difference, Yorke had already made a name for himself, unlike Jemmott, but 28 its not too late.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 06:07:44 PM »
God is de BOSS...

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 06:09:43 PM »
“It’s good that ‘Hardest’ is back in the team but he needs to realize that players don’t get chances so easily and if he is serious he has to put his head down and maintain a good amount of discipline,” the 24-year-old  Theobald said on Friday.

Look who talking,he should be glad he getting a second chance with his unprofessional behavior.

He almost didn't get pick! The coaching staff was behind his back in the initial stages. For a senior player he was not performing.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 06:11:49 PM »
What so special about this fellar ,I've never seen him play ,but always hear how much potencial he had-have . Ok let me make it a simple answer for ppl ,on a Latapy scale off 1-10 what does he rate ...thz.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 06:14:57 PM »
What so special about this fellar ,I've never seen him play ,but always hear how much potencial he had-have . Ok let me make it a simple answer for ppl ,on a Latapy scale off 1-10 what does he rate ...thz.

Like Nakhid say, hardest double Latas, which means hardest at full potential is 20 out of 10  ;D

God is de BOSS...

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 06:21:13 PM »

Like Nakhid say, hardest double Latas, which means hardest at full potential is 20 out of 10  ;D

God is de BOSS...
shush, someone who unbiased
forget bnout nakid...steups eh
if u talk botu skill wise de man right up dey with latas...9-10..
if u talk about ah head on she shoulders..which more important...historically 4 is being generous
but de man have real real skill man...watchin him play back in de days when intercol was intercol de man was lethal...skill never desert him ...as far as i hear....
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 06:22:32 PM »
steupps TI like ah make it to easy for yah lol .Ok what will he bring to yhe team scoring ,assist ,crosses ,blazing runs ,dribbling ,defence what ,I really don't know what he does..decide cause fights on this board  ;D

add... thanks triniman and organic hoe thats a start

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 06:24:19 PM »

God is de BOSS...

Comparison between Latas and Hardest?  ??? TI, you serious  ::) 20 out of 10?  :D TI, you is one of a kind. what kind?.... I don't know....but one of a kind...

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007, 06:25:07 PM »
steupps TI like ah make it to easy for yah lol .Ok what will he bring to yhe team scoring ,assist ,crosses ,blazing runs ,dribbling ,defence what ,I really don't know what he does..decide cause fights on this board  ;D

add... thanks triniman and organic hoe thats a start
de man deadly with skill/dribbling and could real pass....i never see him runnning back much as a player i eh knwo how dat is with his game now
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2007, 06:26:08 PM »

God is de BOSS...

Comparison between Latas and Hardest?  ??? TI, you serious  ::) 20 out of 10?  :D TI, you is one of a kind. what kind?.... I don't know....but one of a kind...

Kingman

dat is what yuh CALL excitment kingman ... he need some medication to calm him self down
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 06:49:38 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

TrinInfinite

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2007, 06:42:14 PM »

Like Nakhid say, hardest double Latas, which means hardest at full potential is 20 out of 10 ;D

God is de BOSS...

Comparison between Latas and Hardest? ??? TI, you serious ::) 20 out of 10? :D TI, you is one of a kind. what kind?.... I don't know....but one of a kind...

Kingman

ask nakhid, latas, yorke and others who see hardest breds, then come back and make that comment family, i not on no medication, i not overexaggerating, maybe a lil ;D but those are the exact sentiments of fellahs who see and know hardest, including myself.. word is bond

God is de BOSS...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2007, 06:44:48 PM »
TI, I real hope that he is able to make the side and show what he has got
is just the overwhelming amount of threads about him man :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2007, 07:18:54 PM »
Ti you most apologize know how dare disrespect the king like that yah boy have to prove himself before you make claims like that  :shameonyou: :shameonyou: :shameonyou:
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2007, 07:41:41 PM »
How old is hardest..........

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 07:54:25 PM »
hardest is a gifted player he moves smooth on the ball. When i played against him in the late 90`s he was not fast,quick but can make a deadly pass bacause his movements can make you not pay much attention to him only if you know him before. that is how i will discribe him then. i have not seen him play for awhile so i cannot comment for now. Anyone is he the same type of player? ???
All American

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2007, 08:07:42 PM »

TrinInfinite

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2007, 08:15:22 PM »
hardest is a gifted player he moves smooth on the ball. When i played against him in the late 90`s he was not fast,quick but can make a deadly pass bacause his movements can make you not pay much attention to him only if you know him before. that is how i will discribe him then. i have not seen him play for awhile so i cannot comment for now. Anyone is he the same type of player? ???

now he is more mature and wiser, not to mention he has some new tricks up he sleeve. ;D :beermug:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2007, 08:18:08 PM »
Oh gosh is ah week ah this ah have to take ???
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2007, 08:23:44 PM »

now he is more mature and wiser, not to mention he has some new tricks up he sleeve. ;D :beermug:
So since were in a bind ,can he step up ,and help us by being one of better players in this cup or not.
Don't sing it hardest ,,,bring  it .
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 08:29:55 PM by Compre »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2007, 08:24:22 PM »
lol after all this itme it now botheirng u..lol..u should be immue by now

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2007, 09:14:57 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I cyah stop laughing. Ah weak! Eh!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2007, 09:26:20 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

what triniman know about de local players, i doh even think de man ever visit trinidad self, schupsssss, oh gosh ah have tuh take anothe lifetime of triniman trying tuh be a jamaican and posting about jamaica.

:o

hahaha and TI u live dere all yuh life ent  :rotfl:

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2007, 09:46:57 PM »

Yeah TI thats right!! You've been to probably been to Trinidad like... ah whole 5 more times than him... making you a grand total of............. 5... visits?

what triniman know about de local players, i doh even think de man ever visit trinidad self, schupsssss, oh gosh ah have tuh take anothe lifetime of triniman trying tuh be a jamaican and posting about jamaica.

:o
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2007, 12:52:43 AM »

God is de BOSS...

TI, yuh aint even stretch - you buss de tape wid da one horse. Be realistic when yuh talking man. Other people than de bathroom walls hearin yuh now. I would give de man a 8.25 in proximity to Latas where skill is concerned. God is definetly de Boss and Latas is de general.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2007, 01:13:00 AM »
 :whistling: 8.25 realy high ,I guess all he needs is latapy's calmness.Is just a few games I wonder if he could master his domain ,and be the best player on the pitch .

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2007, 04:09:45 AM »

God is de BOSS...

You talking about cigarettes here....

Jemmott could NEVER come close to polishing Latapy shoes....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2007, 04:18:30 AM »

God is de BOSS...

You talking about cigarettes here....

Jemmott could NEVER come close to polishing Latapy shoes....

stewps... Sam doh even study he... from de time he start quotin Nahkid doh close yuh eyes... dat man will say anything... and so will TI... once it tuh big Hardest... and he's double Latas?? stewps... 20 outa 10?? is that supposed to be clever?
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

1]; } ?>