April 23, 2024, 06:36:57 PM

Author Topic: Eleven debutants in T&T Final Digicel Squad.  (Read 29683 times)

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: Eleven debutants in T&T Final Digicel Squad.
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2007, 04:23:09 PM »
Barbados and Haiti will make MAS with that team in Trinidad.
It's fittng though, because it's Carnival time.  :rotfl:

Hush yuh stink ass!

OK! But please, let me just say this before I hush:

It will be LICKS LIKE FIRE for Trinidad!!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

Oh hey Green Beret... ive missed you so... Dont worry about them... They just wish our country was as good at football as yours... Ive been devising some plans though... I though i'de suggest to our PM that we should strive to be like the US in other factions... like... Keeping Africa poor perhaps... or sanctioning starving people... how about... starting multiple wars in search of oil...   :notworthy:

Glad to see your so patriotic to your great country!  :D....... AND RIGHTFULLY SO!!  :wavetowel: 

hey whats the name of the bird in your avatar... funny... i shot a bird like that in California once... I rapped it a strange flag I was given by the trial manager... It was red, white and blue and had many stars... stupid looking flag really...

anyway... I rapped it so that it wouldn't get fly infested... but in the end it did anyway... so i just burned everything....

:)

have a nice day.  :peace:

asshole
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 04:28:06 PM by Jefferz »
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2007, 04:42:45 PM »
Palos

We all know is sabotage by Fenick and them but what ah go do. Once it eh know scab team I goin and pay meh money. I upset about the rubbish as just as you and Touches but I hoping for the best but if the worst happen I turn for eh go be holding meh head and bawl. I done bawl but TT football and WI cricket both of them is reallllllll pressure I supporting but I done cry from Nov 19th 89 to b4 Latatpy return against Guatemala I was bawling and since 95 when we lost the Worrell trophy I cryin. I done sport is suppose to be pleasure not pain.

So come Friday 12th I dockin the people class and goin to Hasely and hope for the best. 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2007, 05:16:27 PM »
Palos

We all know is sabotage by Fenick and them but what ah go do. Once it eh know scab team I goin and pay meh money. I upset about the rubbish as just as you and Touches but I hoping for the best but if the worst happen I turn for eh go be holding meh head and bawl. I done bawl but TT football and WI cricket both of them is reallllllll pressure I supporting but I done cry from Nov 19th 89 to b4 Latatpy return against Guatemala I was bawling and since 95 when we lost the Worrell trophy I cryin. I done sport is suppose to be pleasure not pain.

So come Friday 12th I dockin the people class and goin to Hasely and hope for the best. 

Doh get meh wrong.  By all means go and support.  If I was home I was goin too.

But it appear dat some people "supportin" with dey eyes wide shut and I eh referrin to you at all.  I jes fed up a de nastiness dat goin on.

Dat said....de players need and deserve we support.  De ting is....if tings go as expected..is dem same players de one's go be subject to de usual shithong & wastedong lyrics and dat eh fair to dem at all.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2007, 05:19:57 PM »
Barbados and Haiti will make MAS with that team in Trinidad.
It's fittng though, because it's Carnival time.  :rotfl:

Hush yuh stink ass!

OK! But please, let me just say this before I hush:

It will be LICKS LIKE FIRE for Trinidad!!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

the funny thing is there is no one in the US present squad who could mark hardest in a game,not even double marking self, the US in for alot of pressuh come gold cup... :beermug: :devil:

God is de BOSS...

Aye come on nuh the excitment getting to yuh head
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2007, 05:23:16 PM »
If we prays answer and they do well it go be we football goin places. All the waggonist them go be at the final because it go have music. Trins does change they tune faster than a DJ can change a record. Nuff things inTNT eh goin right but is home.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2007, 05:25:14 PM »
weary the aim is to qualify i think cfu  gets  4 spots  we just need to finish in the top 2
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2007, 05:37:58 PM »
weary the aim is to qualify i think cfu  gets  4 spots  we just need to finish in the top 2

We go be lucky to come out we group.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trini/Sverige

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 05, 2007, 06:13:59 PM »
it has not been metioned i think but kwame should not be in that list of 11 NEW players he has more experience than the other ten and its funny that the writers dont know this, he was a national before at the youth level and a major standout too, and not too long ago in this same forum there were talks about his trial in ukraine with dynamo kiev,i know him personally and i know what he is capable so i wish him all the best

and i think its funny that some men saying we gonna get lick just cus we have a new team..me persnonally am looking forward to see what this team has to offer cus we had one of the oldest squads at the world cup this summer and for 2010 we gonna need some of these guys who have been picked.( think about that)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 05, 2007, 06:19:25 PM »
it has not been metioned i think but kwame should not be in that list of 11 NEW players he has more experience than the other ten and its funny that the writers dont know this, he was a national before at the youth level and a major standout too, and not too long ago in this same forum there were talks about his trial in ukraine with dynamo kiev,i know him personally and i know what he is capable so i wish him all the best.
They are talking about caps for the senior team. Most of the players in the squad have represented T&T at some level.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

TrinInfinite

The Whole East Dry River will be in the Stadium on the 12th to see Hardest
« Reply #129 on: January 05, 2007, 07:40:57 PM »
Now that we breddah get pick from we community, I expect real fellahs from piccadilly, duncan, prince, nelson, george street, john john, charlotte, queen street, the harp, up de hill,observatory all around de environ tuh reach tuh see Hardest and also bleeder. I wish ah was home tuh take een de action and lime with de behind de bridge crew... I already hearing de talk from home already live and direct, de word spreading, de community getting word of what going on, people have tuh remember real fellahs talk about latas when he was coming thru, especially being from behind de bridge, man talking about we need a rivival in community football, well here is one in the making....

God is de BOSS....

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Whole East Dry River will be in the Stadium on the 12th to see Hardest
« Reply #130 on: January 05, 2007, 07:49:53 PM »
Part of my life was spent growing up behind the bridge,my grandmother use to live opposite bethlehem school,and then she moved to john john,I remember going through the quarry many ah days to go look for my grandmother.......... Plenty kick-up at odeon cinema back in dem days.........

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 05, 2007, 07:58:42 PM »
Now that we breddah get pick from we community, I expect real fellahs from piccadilly, duncan, prince, nelson, george street, john john, charlotte, queen street, the harp, up de hill,observatory all around de environ tuh reach tuh see Hardest and also bleeder. I wish ah was home tuh take een de action and lime with de behind de bridge crew... I already hearing de talk from home already live and direct, de word spreading, de community getting word of what going on, people have tuh remember real fellahs talk about latas when he was coming thru, especially being from behind de bridge, man talking about we need a rivival in community football, well here is one in the making....

God is de BOSS....

lawd.. walk with allyuh money in allyuh bosom oui   8)

If this really happens it will be nice to see the community come-out and support they own.

Buh ah kinda tie up here "I wish ah was home tuh take een de action" is team Canada playing sometime soon?

TrinInfinite

« Reply #132 on: January 05, 2007, 08:12:08 PM »

God is de BOSS....

lawd.. walk with allyuh money in allyuh bosom oui 8)

If this really happens it will be nice to see the community come-out and support they own.

Buh ah kinda tie up here "I wish ah was home tuh take een de action" is team Canada playing sometime soon?

trinidad has been and will always be home breds :beermug:

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 05, 2007, 08:37:37 PM »
I actually feel that this is good for our team. We have nothing to lose in this current scenario.

The "fringe" players that make up this team all have something to prove and I expect that they will play hard. That is what I want to see most. T&T playing with a chip on the shoulder.

If we win then the coach could leverage the atitude of this team with the senior internationals. If we lose the embarrassment should cause Jack, Boynes, the players, fans and other stakeholders to confront the insanity that the state of our football is in.
TnT Patriot

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 05, 2007, 08:58:03 PM »
I actually feel that this is good for our team. We have nothing to lose in this current scenario.

The "fringe" players that make up this team all have something to prove and I expect that they will play hard. That is what I want to see most. T&T playing with a chip on the shoulder.

If we win then the coach could leverage the atitude of this team with the senior internationals. If we lose the embarrassment should cause Jack, Boynes, the players, fans and other stakeholders to confront the insanity that the state of our football is in.
Oh ghum ,I actually starting to swing to the left on this .in saying the administration does not care a damn ".Who ever develops develops ,we go make money off ah them .screw the working part steuppss haha"

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #135 on: January 05, 2007, 09:49:54 PM »
ah better take meh gun and de tazer fuh meh lady friends...

(thank you Germany for legally selling this shit)

AND ah puttin squirrels infested with rabies in meh pocket.

I good to go.

I tell yuh... yuh eh go see no Syrians in de stadium is das de case.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Eleven debutants in T&T Final Digicel Squad
« Reply #136 on: January 05, 2007, 11:18:13 PM »
Ah wonder wha ever happen to Stephan David and Clyde Leon?

Dem 2 went Japan wit de team in August and now nowhere to be seen.  David especially was supposed to be a promising talent.

Clyde Leon is recovering from an operation

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Anton Corneal unaffected.
« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2007, 07:00:10 AM »
Anton Corneal unaffected.
T&T Newsday Reports.
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago assistant football team coach Anton Corneal believes the CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh players have lost an opportunity to represent their country. And he strongly feels the team selected still has what it takes to win the Digicel Caribbean Cup to be staged in Trinidad later this month.
“I guess it’s a lost opportunity for the San Juan Jabloteh players. They had an opportunity to represent their national team but lost out,” Corneal told ttproleague.com.
The former national striker however admitted that the Jabloteh players will be missed.
“Surely we would have liked to have the services of some of the Jabloteh players, as most of them have some experience at the higher level,” Corneal said.
Corneal conducted training sessions for the Soca Warriors for a week while coach Wim Rijsbergen was out of the country on holidays. He believes the team has the players to win the Digicel Caribbean Cup.
“We had 29 other players to choose from and it’s a good opportunity for these youngsters who have been in the camp to step up. I honestly don’t believe with Jabloteh players out, it is going to affect the team,” Corneal said.
“This tournament is going to show us which players have the potential to go on to bigger and better things. In the camp the players have shown commitment and dedication to practice and I believe they can win this tournament,” Corneal said..
San Juan Jabloteh pulled 12 of their players from the national training camp, due to club commitments, as they prepare for the upcoming Caribbean Club Championships.
Jabloteh face Baltimore Sportif of Haiti in the semi-final leg of the Caribbean Club Championships on January 26 at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium.
The Jabloteh players who were part of the national training camp were Duarance Williams, Keyeno Thomas, Ian Gray, Marcelle Francois, Nigel Daniel, Glenton Wolfe, Kerry Baptiste, Trent Noel, Jason Marcano, Pro League topscorer for 2006 Anthony Wolfe and World Cup players Cyd Gray and Aurtis Whitley.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 06, 2007, 10:38:10 PM »
One good thing about this green mostly uncapped T&T team is that for the first time in many years the whole team is in training in T&T weeks before the game, unlike when the foreign-based players arrive 2-4 days before. Ah trying to see the good within a worrisome situation. :'(
Maybe Whim may get a good feeling from this.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 06, 2007, 10:59:55 PM »
i tink the 2 main men that should prove they should be there r going to  be Sealy and J. W. Williams

woulda like to see Julius James there...

anyone know if he was in the training camp at least in the US?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2007, 07:13:06 AM »

God is de BOSS....

Lord jus when ah tort it was safe to come out mih house...... ;D

Anywho, ah goh be dey waving mih flag, in mih red juzzy, perhaps ah red bandana, but ah have to admit ah goh be real surprised if we make to the next stage/Gold Cup......and happy and estatic and on cloud nine....

I probably should reserve this for after the whole thing over, but dis reminding mih of how Jamaica make it to France 98 and den.......nutten.....

So for those who eh know why dis important, dats why......all yuh wha we to be seen in the same light as Jamaica.....ah flash in de pan??? ???

Thank yuh Fenwick, and de CFU (fuh planning these 2 tounaments so very well).  Thank yuh Wim in advance.....if we win/qualify...yuh goh be de toast of Port of Spain.....if de reverse happen be prepared to pack yuh bags and take de next flight out.....never mind it seems like yuh getting set up......dat eh goh matter....

To de youths on dis squad...... :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying:....give it all yuh best, is all we could ask for in this set of unusual circumstances......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2007, 08:14:36 AM »
One good thing about this green mostly uncapped T&T team is that for the first time in many years the whole team is in training in T&T weeks before the game, unlike when the foreign-based players arrive 2-4 days before. Ah trying to see the good within a worrisome situation. :'(

Yeas Dreamer - just like it was when BSC had the team during we run up the rankings. That's why I am confident this squad will do well. Talented players training together for long periods within the right environment is a recipe for success - GO WARRIORS!!!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 08, 2007, 08:13:49 AM »

alyuh doh seem to be listening at all at all at all... If the whole training went down smooth ah could understand the point yuh making, but the fact is even that wasn't satisfactory. Seeing that the members of this team almost never play with each other before, we have to come better than that...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 08, 2007, 09:12:43 AM »

This is a mini break down on our preparations for the tournament

(1) The coaching staff first named a 41 man squad to prepare for the Digicel cup. Practice/preparation for Digicel literally started a month ago (December 11th) with the first week not having all the players due to external factors (such as school, flight schedule etc). In the initial stages players got the weekends off so it was not even a full month of practice.

(2) That squad then ran into problems when San Juan Jabloteh pulled out their players from the squad. Coach Fenwick and his staff said that they need their players healthy/fit and readily available for the Concacaf club championship.

(3) The national senior team played two games against a college base outfit. In the first game the national senior team lost 2-0 to the college base outfit. In the second game the tables turned and the senior team won the game 2-0 (with the college base team not having the services of many key players for unknown reasons). That was the only game preparation they got.

(4) Some players have no confidence whatever so ever in their teammates and the team. In fact, this is a honest dialog that I had with 2 players.

player A - "honestly kingman, our team not good at all"
kingman - "why boy"?
Player A - "the defense and midfield is very weak" "the midfield especially!!" they only want to play when the ball at is at their feet but do not want to work hard off the ball" "The practice sessions are slow and with no intensity and everybody on the team feel they is big boys" "I really think we are going to get embarrassed kingman"
Kingman - "sigh" "so everybody want to do the masonry but no body want to mix cement and dig the holes for casting?  ::)
Player A & B :rotfl:
Player B - I think the good think about it all is that the other teams in the tournament are even worst.
Kingman - "negative, Barbados and Haiti are teams that running decent ball we have to be careful of them"

(5) The senior team was then suppose to head into a live in camp on Friday 5th to fine turn the lads for the first game and tournament. It never happened. Players were then told on Friday to come prepared for practice  on Saturday 6th @ 4pm but also was required to pack their stuff to head into the live in camp immediately after. However, up to today (7th December) players are still not in that live in camp. Players told me that it  was put off until tomorrow (Monday December 8th).

(6) I was told that coach Wim was hardly ever present in practice (sometimes never present). Practice was run  by Anton and Wim assistant (whatever his name is).

Based on all this information provided, how do you favor Trinidad chances? I honestly very concern and pessimistic. I will however support the team (mainly because their are personnel on the team that are very close to me).

Kingman
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 08, 2007, 10:08:56 AM »
All misgivings aside, I wish all the best to the Soca Warriors young guns. Go out and show them all what you are made of, do your best, show some pride. We can't ask for more.

To Hardest who is fast becoming something of an urban legend, remind us of the malick days...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #145 on: January 08, 2007, 11:10:04 AM »
Wim gives new boys a chance
By: T&T Newsday

Monday, January 8 2007

TRINIDAD and Tobago football team coach Wim Rijsbergen says he is looking forward to the challenge of the upcoming Digicel Caribbean Cup.

And he welcomes another opportunity to see what the new players have to offer on the international stage.

Rijsbergen was speaking after yesterday’s morning training session at the Ato Boldon Stadium training pitch with the 20 players selected to begin the competition on Friday against Barbados at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

“We want to be on the positive side and think about winning the tournament and that’s good but we also have a lot of new guys who are getting a chance to show what level they are on,” Rijsbergen said.

“We will keep doing that for a while, looking at new players. It’s unfortunate that we will not be using the Jabloteh players but we needed to make a decision on that. We know those players so in a sense on the positive side it’s good that their absence gives us a chance to see some of the other players in the competition.”

The Soca Warriors face Barbados, Martinique and the winners of the Bermuda/Haiti play-off. From that opening group phase, the top four teams will contest a semi-final and automatically progress to the CONCACAF Gold Cup in June.

Winner of the Digicel Caribbean Cup collect US$120,000. But it’s not all about the first prize, Rijsbergen said.

“Looking at players and working on developing a team will be the story for more matches. This is exactly what other teams in other regions are doing when they are not playing World Cup qualifying matches.

“We have seen the whole league here and we have seen some of the US-based players. Now we are giving some players like Jemmot and Tinto and the other new ones a chance to show me and the rest of the staff what they can do on the field,” said Rijsbergen.

“One of the reasons we went to the United States was to look at players and now we can see what level they are on and then at the end we can say yes or no to if they can be on the level required for World Cup qualifying.

1]; } ?>