April 27, 2024, 08:14:28 AM

Author Topic: New stars to be born at Digicel Cup - Dexter Skeene  (Read 6995 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
New stars to be born at Digicel Cup - Dexter Skeene
« on: January 10, 2007, 11:13:04 AM »
By: Joel Villafana (ttproleague.com)

Chief Executive of the Trinidad and Tobago Professional Football League Dexter Skeene believes the upcoming Digicel Caribbean Cup is a platform that will produce new and exciting talent in the region.
“The TT Pro League is about developing players and giving the players the forum to expose themselves, so when called upon they can compete at the highest level; at the end of the day its all about reaching the pinnacle of representing your country at the international level,” said the former Trinidad and Tobago striker.
He is encouraging the local players to grab this opportunity with both hands, “with the foreign based players not available for this tournament, this is a perfect opportunity for the local players to step up and display their ability and make bids for foreign contracts to further their own careers.”
“I want to congratulate all the players who have made the final team, especially the new players, like Caledonia’s Hayden Tinto, Joe Public’s Seon Power and Christian Baptiste of the Defence Force, the experienced Gary Glasgow and Kerwyn Jemmot, proving they still have what it takes to play the game at the highest level and also Dwane Jack whose presence proves that Tobago definitely has something to offer.”
Skeene continued, “It is only if the local players are given the opportunity to play in a professional environment that Trinidad and Tobago will be able to continually qualify for a World Cup and in recent times we have seen the local players becoming more and more confident in their own ability.
“As a matter of fact, not only has the Pro League been assisting Trinidad and Tobago players in their development, but as we would see in this tournament, the likes of Guyana and St. Vincent boast of a number of Pro League players, so we are also contributing to the development of some of the other Caribbean territories,” added the Mr. Skeene.
He ended, “This tournament will provide our national coaches with the opportunity to see some of the raw local talent on show, I sincerely believe we have great talent on the local scene, and I am confident that new stars will emerge from this competition.”

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New stars to be born at Digicel Cup - Dexter Skeene
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 11:15:15 AM »
Can anyone tell us how good are some of the new players that was called, like Hayden Tinto, Joe Public’s Seon Power and Christian Baptiste etc etc ?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 11:49:05 AM »
By: Joel Villafana (ttproleague.com)

Chief Executive of the Trinidad and Tobago Professional Football League Dexter Skeene believes the upcoming Digicel Caribbean Cup is a platform that will produce new and exciting talent in the region.
“The TT Pro League is about developing players and giving the players the forum to expose themselves, so when called upon they can compete at the highest level; at the end of the day its all about reaching the pinnacle of representing your country at the international level,” said the former Trinidad and Tobago striker.
He is encouraging the local players to grab this opportunity with both hands, “with the foreign based players not available for this tournament, this is a perfect opportunity for the local players to step up and display their ability and make bids for foreign contracts to further their own careers.”
“I want to congratulate all the players who have made the final team, especially the new players, like Caledonia’s Hayden Tinto, Joe Public’s Seon Power and Christian Baptiste of the Defence Force, the experienced Gary Glasgow and Kerwyn Jemmot, proving they still have what it takes to play the game at the highest level and also Dwane Jack whose presence proves that Tobago definitely has something to offer.”
Skeene continued, “It is only if the local players are given the opportunity to play in a professional environment that Trinidad and Tobago will be able to continually qualify for a World Cup and in recent times we have seen the local players becoming more and more confident in their own ability.
“As a matter of fact, not only has the Pro League been assisting Trinidad and Tobago players in their development, but as we would see in this tournament, the likes of Guyana and St. Vincent boast of a number of Pro League players, so we are also contributing to the development of some of the other Caribbean territories,” added the Mr. Skeene.
He ended, “This tournament will provide our national coaches with the opportunity to see some of the raw local talent on show, I sincerely believe we have great talent on the local scene, and I am confident that new stars will emerge from this competition.”

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 11:52:21 AM »
NICE, DAT NICE
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 01:04:28 PM »
Hopefully the league could pick up some new Caribbean players too.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 05:04:39 PM »

In all likelihood the new stars would be  players like Shandel Samuel from St Vincent.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 05:14:12 PM »
Can anyone tell us how good are some of the new players that was called, like Hayden Tinto, Joe Public’s Seon Power and Christian Baptiste etc etc ?

Sando, ah was going and ask you de same question, cuz ah over here in south Florida. Boss yuh living San Fernando, at least according tuh what yuh have under yuh avatar, come on nah man, if yuh is ah true supporter, yuh should have seen these local players playing fuh their clubs. Wahpen, yuh never went tuh ah local club game ah what?  ??? May be dat is why nobody eh answer yuh question, dey probably saying de same thing, I just typed. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 08:14:36 PM »
Puhleeeze...developing players is wah de pro-league about? Dah chairman confused.....he major priority should be fan and sponsor support. He eh have he priorities in order.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 09:22:21 PM »
Well, we'll soon find out what these locals are made of. I wish them all the best. If they're hungry enough for big contracts then they'll step up their collective games. Vibes it Up local warriors!!!!!!! :beermug:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 12:55:09 AM »

tinto play fuh malick since he was in standard five and play till he was like 21. playin fuh cali now and iz death
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 01:13:59 AM »
Well, we'll soon find out what these locals are made of. I wish them all the best. If they're hungry enough for big contracts then they'll step up their collective games. Vibes it Up local warriors!!!!!!! :beermug:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We will also find out what Wim is made of. Not having the luxury of high price experienced overseas professionals to direct now he has to actually COACH and TEACH ; we'll see if the man has the ability and  fortitude to make   Sharks out of  so called 'minnows.'

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 05:54:34 PM »
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We will also find out what Wim is made of. Not having the luxury of high price experienced overseas professionals to direct now he has to actually COACH and TEACH ; we'll see if the man has the ability and  fortitude to make   Sharks out of  so called 'minnows.'

i have a feeling excuses are already being written for this team ....not enough time together, giving youths a chance, the coach say players need to gel, Anton comes out in support of Wim ( no big thing since Wim came out in support of Anton), players did not step up, pro league sub standard, locals not ready, T&T need the pros ...oh these have been used already ...sorry !

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 09:00:21 PM »

tinto play fuh malick since he was in standard five and play till he was like 21. playin fuh cali now and iz death

yea but he is a winger who can't cross.........does everything right but the final pass or ball kills him.....

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 10:43:20 PM »

yea but he is a winger who can't cross.........does everything right but the final pass or ball kills him.....

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 06:47:59 AM »
thats a little harsh on tinto there Jay 10......(Big Magician)

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 07:33:29 AM »

i have a feeling excuses are already being written for this team ....not enough time together, giving youths a chance, the coach say players need to gel, Anton comes out in support of Wim ( no big thing since Wim came out in support of Anton), players did not step up, pro league sub standard, locals not ready, T&T need the pros ...oh these have been used already ...sorry !

::)

Offline nazkeeper

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 08:51:49 AM »
Hayden Tinto....just so u know you have a fan base here in NYC.
we all are counting on you, i have been looking and i admire your simplicity and humility.
qualities that takes a man very far!!.
good luck to you, you deserve it and more. ;D ;D ;D

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 10:26:05 AM »
he nt that humble

but that doh stop him from being death

who taking bets on the most likely man to share trini first spanner??

5\1 hardest

6\1 tinto

bless malick all d wayyy
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

1]; } ?>