April 28, 2024, 01:19:04 PM

Author Topic: Shabazz: Jemmott's almost immaculate.  (Read 14573 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shabazz: Jemmott's almost immaculate.
« on: January 13, 2007, 10:32:52 PM »
Shabazz: Jemmott's almost immaculate.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).

Jamaal Shabazz, coach of the Guyanese national football team rates the performance of Kerwyn Jemmott during Trinidad and Tobago's 1-1 draw with Barbados in the opening game of the Digicel Caribbean Cup as "almost immaculate".
Shabazz and his Guyanese players were among the big crowd at the Hasely Crawford Stadium for the opening match. Shabazz, coach of Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA, has always been a fan of Jemmott and is one of the coaches that has given the talented but quirky midfielder one of the many chances, which many felt he did not deserve.
Coaches of national and club teams have reported over the years about the sudden absence of Jemmott, who would suddenly stopped training, only to surface in minor league play.
Shabazz, said he was pleasantly pleased, but not surprised by what Jemmott has produced since his return to the T&T national team.
Shabazz is one of those who believes Jemmott could have been in T&T's World Cup team had he the foresight to see a future beyond playing minor league football. Shabazz hopes he takes this possibly last chance with maximum seriousness.
"I hope Jemmott grabs this opportunity with both hands and do not make it slip, " Shabazz said. "His performance was almost immaculate. I was very impressed by what he did out there."
Others too have took note. Before the tournament began, Everald "Gally" Cummings, an outstanding former national midfielder and coach also spoke highly of Jemmott's ability.
"Kerwyn Jemmott is an exceptional player and he would do well for the national team. His problem has always been in his head. Not that he is a rude boy, it's just that he has something inside him that need working out," Cummings said.
Cummings' assessment looks prophetic, when with one touch, Jemmott split open the Bajan defence, freeing Scott Sealy. Had Sealy, the USA-based striker retained the touch he had during the World Cup qualifying campaign, it would have led to the opening goal in the 11th minute.
Jemmott later had a Bajan defender shifting every-which-way with just a shimmy of the foot in the second half of the match. Not just defence-splitting, Jemmott's passes were well-weighed and precise as well. His one flaw on the day was his inability to stay the whole course. Shabazz also noted this as well.
"One thing that needs improving is his fitness level. He needs to pay attention to his fitness if he is to make the kind of impact he is capable of at this level," Shabazz said.
While, he concentrates on his own team, Shabazz, like many in T&T, is silently hoping that Jemmott goes all the way this time, not just for the country, but for Kerwyn Jemmott as well.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 07:19:42 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

TrinInfinite

Re: Shabazz: Jemmott's almost immaculate
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 12:34:38 AM »
where all de haters ;D Hush yuh mouth ouiiiiiiiiiiiiii :applause: :applause: shabazz talking some sense...

God is de BOSS....

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 01:14:34 AM »
I fed up of all this talk about "defence splitting passes" and defenders trembling with one "shimmy of the foot".  who is this shabbaz fella anyway???  ;D  :D

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 01:23:31 AM »
he is one ah Abu Bakr boys dat kill people in 1990 bred..... ent dis TnT sweet?!?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 02:14:52 AM »
where all de haters ;D Hush yuh mouth ouiiiiiiiiiiiiii :applause: :applause: shabazz talking some sense...

God is de BOSS....
TI i sure alot of people on here like hardest, is just that the way you does carry on about him you would think he is ah replica to zidane or latapy, i not saying yuh can't big up the man but in every post yuh make yuh bring up the man name, it getting old now  no it old now,give it a break and let the man play he football and prove to us he is worth his pick on the team

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 03:34:26 AM »
TI yuh take pong for two years.

Enoy yourself yes boy...... ;D ;D :beermug:

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 03:35:14 AM »
TI yuh take pong for two years.

Enoy yourself yes boy...... ;D ;D :beermug:

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 06:15:45 AM »
he is one ah Abu Bakr boys dat kill people in 1990 bred..... ent dis TnT sweet?!?

If dis place sweet........ah eh leaving here.....Is not a fete, is madness....

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 06:30:25 AM »
There is no question that Jemmott is a super talented player.  But talent alone will not keep him on the team. I f only TI could get him to straighten out his head, we wouldn't be having all these conversations.  If he really have the will to play he would also see that he reatins fitness.  That is the hallmark of a good professional.  Otherwise, he just wasting everybody time.  We want 90 min players, not players who produce one "defense-splitting pass" and one "shimmy of the foot" per game.  That is where TI's effort should be.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 06:36:04 AM »
[size=13t]Shabazz: Jemmott's almost immaculate
Ian Prescott (Express)[/size]

"Kerwin Jemmott is an exceptional player and he would do well for the national team. His problem has always been in his head. Not that he is a rude boy, it's just that he has something inside him that need working out," Cummings said

In de whole article, dis statement say it all for me.....de boy have issues dat holding/held him back.....
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 06:37:35 AM by brownsugar »
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 08:05:23 AM »

God is de BOSS....

So tell me TI yuh was dey to see de performance?  Yuh rate Hardest like yuh rate Mary?  Immaculate?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 08:09:10 AM »
I f only TI could get him to straighten out his head,

WTF I does be readin here at all??

De mad leadin de mad?

Allyuh good wee.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

truetrini

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2007, 08:11:09 AM »

De mad leadin de mad?

Allyuh good wee.

errrr palos, de mentally incapacitated leading de..... :rotfl:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shabazz: Jemmott's almost immaculate.
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007, 08:15:05 AM »
Ok but truetrini how did hardest really look?  .. some posters say he look shitty some say he look classy?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007, 08:18:24 AM »
Ok but truetrini how did hardest really look?  .. some posters say he look shitty some say he look classy?

if he look classy, den why wim eh mention he performance as a stand out?  I suspec he had a ok game

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2007, 08:20:25 AM »
He need to get fit which is why dwarika not playing anymore and latas and yorke still running things now because of their fitness level...he better pick it up

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007, 09:24:43 AM »

De mad leadin de mad?

Allyuh good wee.

like allyuh fuhget TI is de man who get Hardest to mend his wayward lifestyle and settle down. :D
yuh ent see he admit he is Hardest new wife agent?
next on TI agenda..get meh husband ah contract at Real Madrid
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2007, 09:56:29 AM »

God is de BOSS....
TI i sure alot of people on here like hardest, is just that the way you does carry on about him you would think he is ah replica to zidane or latapy, i not saying yuh can't big up the man but in every post yuh make yuh bring up the man name, it getting old now  no it old now,give it a break and let the man play he football and prove to us he is worth his pick on the team

Latas himself said something similar so maybe it is so

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2007, 10:13:57 AM »
It is all very interesting that Shabazz went from benching Hardest when Beenie was scouting players in the Pro League to being his biggest fan.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2007, 10:33:00 AM »

if he look classy, den why wim eh mention he performance as a stand out?  I suspec he had a ok game

Yes he did have an Ok game.....period, full stop....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2007, 10:38:22 AM »
What game they was watching?

How did hardest looking in that game??

Positive:

You can see he is very skillful on the ball and has some nice touches. His first touch and trap were better than anyone else on the pitch. He didnt look under pressure when he was played the ball cause of his control.. He played some nice passes around the field and was willing to play the simple ball when he collected it.. also a few incisive thru passes in the mix...

Negative:

He reaaaaaaaal unfit.. Most of the time after he played the ball off he was just strolling around not offering an option for a pass.. It meant that when he knock it to the wingers or forwards, more often than not he wasn't there to provide a outlet and that was responsible for plenty of the breakdown in play.. After one pass he is totally out of the play..  Defensively he is a liability.. About that "shimmy that left the defender blah blah" they didnt go on to say that after that he sky a left foot shot in de stands... so that small spanner was useless in de whole context of everything.. Against a team that running, he would be lost out on that pitch, i dont think i saw him sprint for the whole 90...

all in all he have some decent touches but he is not an international grade midfielder, he more look like a man who will murder yuh in small goal..

jmho

TrinInfinite

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2007, 10:57:58 AM »

De mad leadin de mad?

Allyuh good wee.

you mentally incapacitated when it comes 2 football, u couldnt spot ah talented footballer if he was right in front of you, so hush allyuh mouth bc all of you was hating, if ah man try tuh help ah fellow brother from his community, is one set of fight down and hate, i dont have tuh respond tuh idiots like allyuh bc god know and everyone else who have sense about the game itself know allyuh iz a setta blue crabs juss waiting tuh critisize and bring another one of your people down, especially if he from de ghetto...

God is de BOSS...

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2007, 12:25:23 PM »

De mad leadin de mad?

Allyuh good wee.

Palos, it have real jokers in this world. That is what make it so interesting though. Don't hut up your head too much. I was there and could give you an honest and fair opinion.

Honestly!!  I could say this....HE IS FAR FROM ALMOST IMMACULATE. He made some good passes (he is a very good passer of the ball and somewhat skilled). Honestly, I think that is about it! He is sluggish, slow not aggressive moving the ball forward. If he was so close to Immaculate he would have left Trinidad shores already. All the better Trinidad players leave and head out to play in better leagues. I wonder how come hardest playing with Superstar rangers?  ??? I would have like to hear the word "Immaculate" used to compare Hardest performance from the coach of Man Utd, Chelsea, Ajax or even frigging New England revolution. Who Shabazz coaching? Or yes!!! Guyana!! Regional powerhouse. Enough said!

(All due respect to Shabazz because he is a decent coach and a good person. I know him personally).

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2007, 12:28:23 PM »

De mad leadin de mad?

Allyuh good wee.

you mentally incapacitated when it comes 2 football, u couldnt spot ah talented footballer if he was right in front of you, so hush allyuh mouth bc all of you was hating, if ah man try tuh help ah fellow brother from his community, is one set of fight down and hate, i dont have tuh respond tuh idiots like allyuh bc god know and everyone else who have sense about the game itself know allyuh iz a setta blue crabs juss waiting tuh critisize and bring another one of your people down, especially if he from de ghetto...

God is de BOSS...

TI why do you even bother the anwer then. Leave dem men alone and study yours..
NICE
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2007, 12:37:12 PM »
It is all very interesting that Shabazz went from benching Hardest when Beenie was scouting players in the Pro League to being his biggest fan.

come like how capello say ronaldo is the best thing out but hardly playing him.

talent, potential, shimmies, and splitting passes lose its value if u lack fitness and work rate/ethic.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2007, 01:45:47 PM »

De mad leadin de mad?

Allyuh good wee.

Palos, it have real jokers in this world. That is what make it so interesting though. Don't hut up your head too much. I was there and could give you an honest and fair opinion.

Honestly!! I could say this....HE IS FAR FROM ALMOST IMMACULATE. He made some good passes (he is a very good passer of the ball and somewhat skilled). Honestly, I think that is about it! He is sluggish, slow not aggressive moving the ball forward. If he was so close to Immaculate he would have left Trinidad shores already. All the better Trinidad players leave and head out to play in better leagues. I wonder how come hardest playing with Superstar rangers? ??? I would have like to hear the word "Immaculate" used to compare Hardest performance from the coach of Man Utd, Chelsea, Ajax or even frigging New England revolution. Who Shabazz coaching? Or yes!!! Guyana!! Regional powerhouse. Enough said!

(All due respect to Shabazz because he is a decent coach and a good person. I know him personally).

Kingman

kingman yuh stepping on unfamiliar ground breds, the fact yuh cant see hardest talent as being a footballer yourself, says to me bias and curry favour setting een, not to mention your lack of faith in the local brand of football, as opposed to your unheralded support for the US based, nothing wrong with that breds but since you have seen hardest play once and have not seen him play otherwise, your opinion is nothing but speculative, in order for you to make a full assessment of the player you would have need to see him over at least 5 times, or at least 3 times like your padnahs who are on the team or who was at camp, also for the top sport writers to be talking about the man, not to mention no one else created as much chances as hardest, what does that tell you, this man is not a shithound, unless people take off their hate glasses and judge fairly then how can you give an objective opinion about our most talented and creative midfielder, not to mention if glasgow had scored or if it was stern there, people would be whistling dixie from dey ass...

God is de BOSS...

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2007, 02:23:29 PM »

De mad leadin de mad?

Allyuh good wee.

Honestly!! I could say this....HE IS FAR FROM ALMOST IMMACULATE. He made some good passes (he is a very good passer of the ball and somewhat skilled). Honestly, I think that is about it! He is sluggish, slow not aggressive moving the ball forward. If he was so close to Immaculate he would have left Trinidad shores already. All the better Trinidad players leave and head out to play in better leagues. I wonder how come hardest playing with Superstar rangers? ??? I would have like to hear the word "Immaculate" used to compare Hardest performance from the coach of Man Utd, Chelsea, Ajax or even frigging New England revolution. Who Shabazz coaching? Or yes!!! Guyana!! Regional powerhouse. Enough said!

Kingman

kingman yuh stepping on unfamiliar ground breds, the fact yuh cant see hardest talent as being a footballer yourself, says to me bias and curry favour setting een, not to mention your lack of faith in the local brand of football, as opposed to your unheralded support for the US based, nothing wrong with that breds but since you have seen hardest play once and have not seen him play otherwise, your opinion is nothing but speculative, in order for you to make a full assessment of the player you would have need to see him over at least 5 times, or at least 3 times like your padnahs who are on the team or who was at camp, also for the top sport writers to be talking about the man, not to mention no one else created as much chances as hardest, what does that tell you, this man is not a shithound, unless people take off their hate glasses and judge fairly then how can you give an objective opinion about our most talented and creative midfielder, not to mention if glasgow had scored or if it was stern there, people would be whistling dixie from dey ass...

God is de BOSS...

TI, my good friend. Why you always misinterpreting my post? As well as others? No where in there I called Hardest a shithound or did not see him as a footballer. Please bold anywhere in my post where I did. I also never said in this post that I did not have faith in the local brand. But since you mention it, I will say it now!!!! I don't have faith in the local brand. I think it is too slow and we saw it for ourselves when we played the Bajans at snail pace. Wim said it himself after our 4-0 drumming to Austria. Forumities who were at the game will also tell you how slow the game was.

My good friend TI, I saw Hardest play many many times and I said it before that he is not the same player of the past. My argument is the statement of him being almost immaculate.  :rotfl: Seriously TI!! Hardest did not create the first goal, he did not score the winning goal, he did not change the pace of the game, he did not set the tone of the game with an aggressive tackle or a dangerous shot or cross at goal and to top it off, he was substituted for Benito (a player who I think does not have any senior national experience, or maybe under Hannibal). So tell me TI, how the frigging hell his performance could be close to immaculate taking all these factors into consideration? I rest my case.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2007, 02:24:19 PM »
I cant believe i jumping into this, but TI, brudda while you calling out Kingman, how much times have you seen Hardest play in the last couple years (IN A REAL GAME).....dont lie eh

TrinInfinite

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2007, 02:27:52 PM »
I cant believe i jumping into this, but TI, brudda while you calling out Kingman, how much times have you seen Hardest play in the last couple years (IN A REAL GAME).....dont lie eh

in the last year and a half ah see him 3 times or so in a real game, outside sweats ah cant count, but growing up and going home i see him play plenty times, cant count....
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 02:29:35 PM by TrinInfinite »

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2007, 02:28:45 PM »

in the last year and a half ah see him 3 times or so in a real game, outside sweats ah cant count, but growing and going home i see him play plenty times, cant count....

alright cool thanks
ah still say you should a set he up with the FC Toronto tryout
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 02:33:37 PM by ricky »

1]; } ?>