April 26, 2024, 10:07:52 PM

Author Topic: Antiguan Byers recruited by Jabloteh.  (Read 9074 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Antiguan Byers recruited by Jabloteh.
« on: January 15, 2007, 03:35:40 PM »
Byers recruited by Trinidadian football club.
By: Neto Baptiste (Antigua Sun).

Antigua’s number one striker, Peter “Big Pete” Byers of the SAP Football Club, has been recruited by a top club in Trinidad & Tobago.
Although details are still sketchy, the SUN understands that the national striker left Antigua last Sunday for Trinidad where he is said to have already finalised a contractual deal with San Juan Jabloteh – a club contesting the Trinidad & Tobago Pro league.
Those close to Byers are being tight-lipped about the striker’s latest move but investigations have revealed that the player, who is currently leading the ABFA’s Premier division in scoring with 12 strikes, signed what could be termed a “reasonable” deal with the Trinidad club.
According to information reaching the SUN, the player is said to have signed a deal that would be raking in over US$1,000 a month – a deal which also includes transportation and living arrangements, among other incentives.
Byers was spotted by the Jabloteh management during SAP’s participation in the first round of the CFU Club Championships in St. Thomas where it was said that both parties had struck a tentative deal which was later finalised by the player’s agent, lawyer Joyce Kentish.
Several calls to a number of SAP officials however, revealed little as no one was in a position to either confirm or deny these reports – it was confirmed though, that the player is in Trinidad. Calls to the Antigua & Barbuda Football Association also revealed very little.
It is also being rumoured that another SAP player may soon be making his way to Trinidad but those allegation could not be confirmed.
The SAP striker would be the second Antiguan player to land a deal with a Trinidian club after Hopper’s George “Sowa” Dublin spent over three years with another top club, W-Connection as a professional footballer.
Jabloteh finished the 2006 T&T Pro League in the number three spot with 62 points after 32 matches, which included 18 victories, six losses and eight draws behind of Joe Public and W-Connection who both finished with 65 points each. The Pro League runs from April to December each year. The team is also slated to take on Hatian club, Baltimore Sportif, in the semi-finals of the CFU Club Championships later this month.
Byers is best known for his goal-scoring abilities and his determination to get the ball into the back of the net – something that impressed the Jabloteh management during the Club Championships.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 05:45:55 PM by Flex »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Antiguan Byers recruited by Jabloteh
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 03:44:08 PM »
Nice news, more caribbean publicity for the league which is obviously gaining in reputation.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 03:51:29 PM »
Big Up Big Pete! My Uncle has managed him several times.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 04:19:17 PM »
this is good for our league need all the top players from the Caribbean playing in our it would help our young players develop
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 05:18:46 PM »
so i guess jabloteth has stopped their only local players pitch
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Antiguan Byers recruited by Jabloteh.
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 09:26:05 PM »
Jabloteh will call themselves de most local team now
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 07:53:32 AM »
I love the idea of having the best Caribbean players play in the Pro- League. The # 14 on Martinique and the #10 from Haiti would be nice additions to the league

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 08:57:51 AM »
That nice. Now for the fan to come out and support.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 03:08:39 PM »
FREAKZOID

U stole the words right out of my mouth
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

TrinInfinite

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 04:04:16 PM »
even though this is good coverage for the league, i feel more emphasis should be placed on developing local talent as opposed to other nations talent, in tt cricket, local talent is the main objective, this is should be so for the tt pro league... :beermug:

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 04:20:20 PM »
even though this is good coverage for the league, i feel more emphasis should be placed on developing local talent as opposed to other nations talent, in tt cricket, local talent is the main objective, this is should be so for the tt pro league... :beermug:
If Trinidad had a incentive of developing talent from other nations I would agree with you but It's post like this why so many people cuss you.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 05:20:51 PM by Carib-briton »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 04:24:46 PM »
If Trinidad had a incentive of developing talent from other nations I would agree with you but It's post on here why so many people cuss you.

i know yuh would ah respond to this
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 05:18:41 PM »
If Trinidad had a incentive of developing talent from other nations I would agree with you but It's post on here why so many people cuss you.

i know yuh would ah respond to this
lol

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 05:30:38 PM »
this is good for our league need all the top players from the Caribbean playing in our it would help our young players develop

i think it was mentioned before, but id very much like to see more yardies in our league.the roen nelsosn  succes is proof to all the haters.  from the few games ive seen in their league, its okay.some of their  better players could come over to tnt and play. 

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 02:52:36 PM »

i think it was mentioned before, but id very much like to see more yardies in our league.the roen nelsosn  succes is proof to all the haters.  from the few games ive seen in their league, its okay.some of their  better players could come over to tnt and play. 

Jamaicans have a better chance getting contracts in Europe playing in our league so moving to Trini wouldn't be a smart move. More scouts watch and pay attention to players in our Jamaican league.
Smoke and Fly

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2007, 03:26:03 PM »
That nice. Now for the fan to come out and support.

:applause: :applause: :applause:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2007, 03:29:01 PM »

Jamaicans have a better chance getting contracts in Europe playing in our league so moving to Trini wouldn't be a smart move. More scouts watch and pay attention to players in our Jamaican league.

Why would that be?  Your teams don't advance out of the region...as you will soon see when Harbour View comes up against W. Connection. ;)
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2007, 03:29:34 PM »

why you say that now ?? give evidence that more scoutS watch the NPL
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2007, 07:45:31 PM »

How many players have left Trini league and gotten contracts in Europe compared to Jamaicans from our NPL. Even ppl from Malaysia watchin. Jermaine Anderson (Wadadah) went for a season, and now Kevin Lamey (Waterhouse) gone there. Bibi left HVIEW for  a  mil and Ricky Fuller, Claude Davis, Damion Stewart, Luton Shelton and more  players got signed straight from NPL clubs straight to Europe. U telling me we not being watched?
Smoke and Fly

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2007, 07:52:37 PM »

How many players have left Trini league and gotten contracts in Europe compared to Jamaicans from our NPL. Even ppl from Malaysia watchin. Jermaine Anderson (Wadadah) went for a season, and now Kevin Lamey (Waterhouse) gone there. Bibi left HVIEW for  a  mil and Ricky Fuller, Claude Davis, Damion Stewart, Luton Shelton and more  players got signed straight from NPL clubs straight to Europe. U telling me we not being watched?

how did our player get into europe then? we not being watched also  come again .....

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2007, 09:16:13 PM »

how did our player get into europe then? we not being watched also  come again .....

I said COMPARED to Jamaica don, yuh blind?
Smoke and Fly

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2007, 09:41:39 PM »

I said COMPARED to Jamaica don, yuh blind?

you getting swell headed since them 3 player gone to a belgium 3rd divison team  :rotfl:

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2007, 01:43:11 AM »
so i guess jabloteth has stopped their only local players pitch

yuh know as soon as ah read de head line ah tink about dat.  Now ah wonder what is excuss really is

NICE fuh real
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2007, 02:02:57 AM »
heard about this guy from meh boy who played for the antiguan team in the tournament...from my understanding he had jabloteh defense looking like school boys...beating dem all how and he is ah big fella so when he set up he power screen is pressure!!! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

1]; } ?>