April 24, 2024, 08:33:00 PM

Author Topic: Belgium contracts for Bartholomew & Downing.  (Read 13048 times)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Belgium contracts for Bartholomew & Downing.
« on: January 15, 2007, 04:10:07 PM »
W Connection young duo to sign with Belgium club.
By: Randy Bando (ttporleague.com).
[/color]

Vibe CT 105 W Connection youngsters Matthew Bartholomew and Aaron Downing could be heading to Belgium on a three year contract from the end of January before the transfer window closes.
The 18 year old players are products of W Connection’s youth program who have made a name for themselves on both the national under-20 level and at Club level in the TT Pro League.
W Connection together with English Premiership’s Sheffield United have entered into a development program for contracting their young talented players.
A statement released by the Pro League Club stated the first result of the agreement will see the W Connection young stars Matthew Bartholomew and Aaron Downing head to a Belgium Club.
According to Owner of the Couva based Club David John Williams Sheffield United have interests in this Belgium Club as well as others in the Far East which could possibly see more Connection players moving in the coming seasons.
However Mr. John Williams preferred to stay tight lipped on the agreement until the official media conference by the club saying, “More information would be released in our press conference at the end of this week. I don’t want the media to be pressing these two youngsters; they must stay focused as this is a very important move for them,” said Williams.
“The management and staff of W Connection were overjoyed at this development as in their opinion it continues to demonstrate that the Club has both the professional structure and the quality of players to attract such high level international interest.”
Both players are currently in Brazil training with the senior team but should return sometime this week for the Club’s official press conference where more details would be revealed on this development.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 06:00:02 PM by Flex »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Belgium contracts for Bartholomew and Downing
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 04:14:11 PM »
   Now we starting to think all our players don’t have to go England to play over seas go to other countries develop your get use to Europe them go to England 
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 04:18:07 PM »
i agree....the uk is not the only place in the world with club football lolol

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 04:21:59 PM »
hm, them fellas going to have to take some french lessons boy.  i wonder what level is the club, i ent see they mention the name of it or what division.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 05:25:30 PM »
yess yess yess great news
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Belgium contracts for Bartholomew & Downing.
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 08:00:27 PM »
Dais beautifulnews! Bartho and Aaron, buss dem up!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 11:12:39 PM »
Again leh me know when they sign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 07:13:56 AM »
What is the name of the club?

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 07:55:28 AM »
This is an excellent move!

Sheffield really want to take advantage of Caribbean talent.

If my memory serves me correctly, they also have this arrangement with Portmore of Jamaica.  (not sure if that is the right club).

Once they go to Belgium and do well and get residence, the sky will be their limit.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 08:01:12 AM »
   Now we starting to think all our players don’t have to go England to play over seas go to other countries develop your get use to Europe them go to England 

Isn't this the same thing they were doing with some Jamaican, as far as I remember, if the players stay in Belgium for a few seasons, they'll get Belgian and by extension European passports and thus get around the whole work permit issue and thus could play in Britain.

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 09:16:18 AM »

Isn't this the same thing they were doing with some Jamaican, as far as I remember, if the players stay in Belgium for a few seasons, they'll get Belgian and by extension European passports and thus get around the whole work permit issue and thus could play in Britain.
yea once u have ne passport from ne EU country u cud skip all the work permit drama

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 11:20:42 AM »
this program between S.united and Connection sounds gud. hope these fellas keep progressin at ah level :beermug:
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 11:27:43 AM »
i hope we get news on peltier  if fenwick sending him out
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 01:55:27 PM »

Many people don't know that Royal Antwerp, Belgium has been a feeder club for Manchester United for some time, for players to gain both EU citizenship (especially african players)  and playing time.
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

TrinInfinite

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 01:59:03 PM »
very happy for the youths :beermug: I hope they dont fall off the ttff radar, like many other players have...

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 04:27:02 PM »
hm, them fellas going to have to take some french lessons boy. i wonder what level is the club, i ent see they mention the name of it or what division.
French? If they lucky. They might have to learn Flemish!!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 09:41:14 PM »
I real happy for these two youth men. They deserve it! Mathew works hard all day every day and he is clinical. I wish them all the best and I hope they adopt to the weather conditions well.

PS: - they speak dutch in Belgium fari. Not French. Some people also speak English well. I have two friends that live there.

Kingman.

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 09:45:02 PM »
They speak flemish which is a hybrid of dutch and french, based on the two countries at the border. Depending on proximity to these borders you might have a stronger french vs dutch influence.  :beermug:

TrinInfinite

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2007, 11:11:45 AM »
luxenburg is french, when i was dere for the world cup, that was de language,....-

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2007, 11:27:08 AM »
And what does that have to do with the languages spoken in Belgium??
For the record though they speak French, German and Luxembourgish.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 11:55:03 AM »
Jesus..you fellaz have got to be joking.

In Belgium, there are two official languages. Most people speak a few languages, but the majority of the country have FLEMMISH (basically an offshoot of Dutch) as their first language and the rest speak French as a first language. Technically they speak Dutch, but it is called Flemish after the Flanders people from the North of the country (or was it South?). FLEMISH is absolutely NOT a mix of French and Dutch. Belgium used to be part of the Netherlands. I work in a Dutch bank..the Belgian and Dutch guys make fun of each other here...now I know more than I care to about either country :P

I also have a friend from Luxembourg. Actually, she's a friend of a friend. French, German and Luxembourgish are the languages spoken in Luxemburg by just about everyone, but apparently only French and Luxembourgish are considered official languages. Never even knew there was a language called Luxembourgish...I wander if Vanderlei Luxemburgo can speak it :-[
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 11:57:08 AM by Filho »

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2007, 11:58:43 AM »
Man I jess aply for a job in Shape Belgium. Ah hope to go there and ah will go to some of thier games
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 12:01:06 PM »
Jesus..you fellaz have got to be joking.

In Belgium, there are two official languages. Most people speak a few languages, but the majority of the country have FLEMMISH (basically an offshoot of Dutch) as their first language and the rest speak French as a first language. Technically they speak Dutch, but it is called Flemish after the Flanders people from the North of the country (or was it South?). FLEMISH is absolutely NOT a mix of French and Dutch. Belgium used to be part of the Netherlands. I work in a Dutch bank..the Belgian and Dutch guys make fun of each other here...now I know more than I care to about either country :P

I also have a friend from Luxembourg. Actually, she's a friend of a friend. French, German and Luxembourgish are the languages spoken in Luxemburg by just about everyone, but apparently only French and Luxembourgish are considered official languages. Never even knew there was a language called Luxembourgish...I wander if Vanderlei Luxemburgo can speak it :-[

De tings yuh does find out on dis board, eh.  Ah mean I never even hear about Luxembourgish before today.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2007, 12:01:51 PM »
The Belgian league is a good place for young players who do not have EU citizenship.   No work permit required (like in England), no limit on non-EU players (like in most other European leagues).

Good move to get a partnership going with a club in Belgium.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2007, 12:05:58 PM »
Dais good news Jahyouth. No work permit. Wheyss! I'm surprised

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2007, 01:07:56 PM »
Makes sense. I wasn't aware of the no permit required to play in Belgium. I have to agree it is a definite good move.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2007, 01:58:30 PM »
The Belgian league is a good place for young players who do not have EU citizenship.   No work permit required (like in England), no limit on non-EU players (like in most other European leagues).

Good move to get a partnership going with a club in Belgium.
There was a Cup Final 2 or 3 years ago in Belgium where one of the clubs fielded 10 players from the Ivory Coast.

That league has a decent number of Africans in it. Apart from the no work permit thing its easier than some EU countries to get a passport. So when a player from Nigeria goes to Belgium a few years later he gets a Belgian passport and can move and play freely anywhere in Europe (EU).

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2007, 08:07:44 PM »
Daley gets green light, departs for Bradford soon

BY KAYON RAYNOR Observer staff reporter
Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Meanwhile, Reid also disclosed that three other Portmore players - Demar Stewart, Jason Morrison and Rafe Wolfe - could finialise contracts with Belgian side Royal White Star Woluwe FC within the next three weeks.

"Their work permit applications have been submitted by the club in Belgium... there are a few paper work that the players have to complete here," he said.
"They did their medical today (yesterday) and those documents have been sent off to Belgium, also as soon as the work permits are approved, then they have to be issued with visas from the Belgian Embassy in Caracas, Venezuela," the former general secretary of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) noted.
Royal White Star Woluwe is a feeder club for English Premier League side Sheffield United.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2007, 08:14:23 PM »
that club is in the 3rd division in belgium

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Third_Division

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2007, 09:39:22 AM »
I real happy for these two youth men. They deserve it! Mathew works hard all day every day and he is clinical. I wish them all the best and I hope they adopt to the weather conditions well.

PS: - they speak dutch in Belgium fari. Not French. Some people also speak English well. I have two friends that live there.

Kingman.

They also speak French there also, in fact I think it is 60 - 40 Ducth to French.

1]; } ?>