April 23, 2024, 09:22:14 PM

Author Topic: Questions:Team: Morale; Leadership, Psyche & Focus  (Read 3199 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Questions:Team: Morale; Leadership, Psyche & Focus
« on: July 13, 2005, 07:59:40 AM »
So let's see we have basically the same core of players over the past WCQ and Gold Cup games. yet our results have not signigficantly yield positive results? While we have shown improvements in soem areas, we continue to display as some 'foruminities' have indicated, a lack of 'hussle' focus' leadership and energy'

It's easy to see the lack of a goals from the forward position; it's easy to see the onfield lackof performance, but do we really know what is happening to the 'psyche' of the team?

TEAM!!! yes the team. Understandably there is a mood of despondency, but who is responsible for bringing up liftment to players when there are insurmountable odds? who is supplying leadership in the room? what role is our captain displaying  off the field? in the locker room? As much as
 Carlos Edwards could not play due to injury, does it NOT seem strange that the man would not stick around for this game and cheer his team mates on or provide some encouragement for th eyounger players? why leave on the day of a cruicial game? This kinda reminds me of Ince uping and leaving due to a so called injury!!!!  and the manner in which Ian Cox pulled out straight for England when he did not get selected. I am not disputing Edwards injury claim, I am just questioning the show of support for the TEAM !!!

How was Shaka's disposition at being on the bench? How are players handling the 'managining' of players selection and playing time? How does a player sit and witness the inept performance of a so called striker and yet the coach never 'benches' the player  nor pull him off yet other players could score  big goals but are pulled? What does this do to the 'psyche ' morale of the team? Are we or are the players falling back into a repeat of what the former coach adhereed to by sticking with certain players despite their performance? what impact  does this have on players? Reprts would show that people would resort to preconditioned modes of behaviour, if they are in circumstances which were similiar to what they have experienced. If they have not been taught effectively to deal with those circumstances, they resort to old ways of reacting.

I have said this again and again, is there anyone on the team's management side who is qualified to work as a sports psychologist?Having worked with a consultant company from the states about five years ago, my job was to help integrate ex NFL professionals back into society after their palying days were over. The psyche of professional athletes  is a big factor in terms of performance. This year  one of my  task will be to work as a consultant with a Junior A hockey team. Players have either been drafted to play professional or are seeking a last ditch effort to impress the scouts.  Again I see that there ought to be someone who could met with players on an individual basis and a a taem to provide them with that sort of 'mental' toughness to break out of the cycle of 'losing,' negativity, pressure and to enhance a positive sense of direction. Look at the impact that Andrews' departure from the game had on the players? it was not long after that Columbia scored!!!! How do players react to adversity?

One critical domain to explore is for each and every person to  associated with the team to be aligned with the same PURPOSE. This way, players are hearing a consisten message from top to bottom and they can buy into the vision. As players, as management everyone need to clearly understand what the purpose of each game, training session, each meeting is about.

We need to remove doubts and to help players cope with the situation we are now in. What support is there for this for our players? Does anyone know?

« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 09:38:40 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: Questions:Team: Morale; Leadership, Psyche & Focus
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 08:22:50 AM »
our results have not signigficantly yield positive results?

Breds we improve....You forget Cuba, JA, Alianza Lima, N.E Stars  beat we. USA, Guatemala hit we 5, we lost to haiti 1-0, we barely beat ATlanta silver backs 2-1. We ketch we arse to beat Barbados.

TT Squad line ups

In fact lets be realistic......we do damn good to beat Panama and only lorse to Mexico 2-0.

We improve, we improving we just wasnt good enough to make an impact in the gold cup.

We didnt put away Honduras and Panama when we had the chance.

Yes we want miracles from the team and Beenhaker but it ent go happen just so......I glad we get brought back to reality now so we have some time to get it together for the WCQ games.

We dont have to be the best......just better than Panama, Guatemala and Costa Rica. This is the short term goal that they hire Beenhakker for.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 08:29:37 AM »
Ture Touches; We have seen those positive improvements as you indicated.I just saying for an experienced squad with most of we WCQ players are those significant results? But Ah like what you mentioned when you said

"We dont have to be the best......just better than Panama, Guatemala and Costa Rica. This is the short term goal that they hire Beenhakker for. "

TRUE DAT!!!!!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 09:11:19 AM »
We didnt put away Honduras and Panama when we had the chance.
touches

Fellas that is the weakness in this side and in us as a people.  THe question is why we didn't put them away?   That stuff mental.  Is like we always feeling pressure, always the under dog blah blah.....Stern stuff is mental........See how Dog does play? Mental.............Watch Lawrence we could see his mental strength developing.

In my opinion there is two things a world cup team needs ..mental fitness and physical ability.....Breads we lacking both.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 09:56:31 AM »
Any thoughts on bringing  E. Cummings or former members of the STIKE SQUAD  to consult and work with players on a one on one basis?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 04:42:05 PM »
So are we as fans contributing to the negativity or are we adding support to the players psyche?

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 08:06:38 PM »
aye does anybody know if the team has a psychologist or psychiatrist on staff?

boy albertatrini, where you is come up with these thoughts?..i is have the same things running through my head but i guess is just laziness to write it down and explain them lol..i ent want to tell you that it have better things to do too lol..the important thing is that you care about what you do,so keep up the good work  8)
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 08:48:56 PM »
Good points made Alberta........the intangibles that you comment on are really tough to work on. Morale takes a while to build and can immediately be lost. I felt like spirits began to rise after our two WCQ games under Beenie, but it wasn't enough. It was still too early. We weren't fully convinced. People were looking to be convinced in this Gold Cup and I fear that morale that we built is being broken now. In the absence of a psych., it's up to the technical staff, the players themselves, the media, and public figures to continue to show encouragement and keep the belief high in the camp.

On the field itself it's similar. From my football playing experiences I've noted that physical fitness helps mental fitness and vice versa. It's obvious that the boys were physically tired....so what went down is a self fulfilling prophecy. 

The crucial time is now. We need to let the disappointment boil over, and all the powers that be, need to start to re-build morale. The media must do its part. The public must do it's part. The gov't can do something as well. We don't have to wait for a Nov 19th situation for calypsoes to be composed, for us to stream our cars with red ribbons, to have red day, yeah we sucked at Gold Cup, but we can still welcome the local boys at the airport and let them know that we still believe in them......etc etc...Alot of the morale building needs to take place within the camp...and yes a psych is a huge asset, but I think alot can be done outside the camp as well. Alot that I don't think is currently being done.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 12:55:28 PM »
Ah just beginning to be analytical of the coach's role in providing leadership; They say  non verbal body language says alot. Now soem people commented on how our coach was reacting to our play  at times and  well it was not  positive vibes.

How much is a factor on this man's style on our players? ah ha now ah just saying:  did he not have big success in Europe? how was his success in Europe compared with  the ones he had in MEXICO?

Why was he let go by the Mexican  club?

Doh dig nutting ah just asking!!!!  after all dis man have 40 years and he answer all the questions already!!!!!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2005, 08:19:50 PM »
"Follow de leader leader.... step right step left ... follow de leader leader...?

Soca pounding in  meh head with these days of holidays. Anyhow who  will be our leader to take us to the promise land? who wil take us out of this wanderng in the desert? who will ressurect us from the  depths of soccer malady? which players will leave it all out next game?

I am encouraged by the words from the coach in the article posted by Flex:

“It is a situation now where we have to give it that little extra to realize this ambition we all have of taking Trinidad and Tobago to a World Cup. It’s not beyond us and it all starts again from our next game against the United States.”

The morale, leasdership and focus MUST start with each and every player. Look it eh doomsday yet for this team. August 17 who counting the days till then?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 09:39:28 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2005, 11:47:08 PM »
On the field itself it's similar. From my football playing experiences I've noted that physical fitness helps mental fitness and vice versa. It's obvious that the boys were physically tired....so what went down is a self fulfilling prophecy. 

I think it would be a mistake to let this fitness issue blow over.  Was it ok because it was off-season?  I don't think so because the suspect players didn't really have a full season at all.  Is it practical to enforce stricter fitness requirements if only for the player's benefit?

Any thoughts on bringing E. Cummings or former members of the STIKE SQUAD to consult and work with players on a one on one basis?

Brian Lara spoke to the guys at half time for some game.  I think Ato Boldon(born winner) cud do plenty for this team in a bunch of different areas but he don't joke around so they'd have to be serious if they want his help.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 01:35:54 PM »
How we getting ready to win all the remaining games to move on? what we go start  scrambling to assemble a team in Late July play some hurry  game against  Valencia X1 and feel good to go up against the rest.

1]; } ?>