April 19, 2024, 03:26:59 AM

Poll

If members of the T&T WC '06 decided to boycott WC qualifying games or even the next WC should we qualify..because they feel they weren't rewarded properly etc. Would you support their decision?

Yes,I behind them 100%
39 (65%)
No,they should put $ issues aside and represent
18 (30%)
Who cares,they replaceable
2 (3.3%)
Take what they get and cool it
0 (0%)
Shame on them,unpatriotic behaviour
1 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: WOULDYOU/WILL YOU JUMP OFF THE SUPPORT TRAIN IF..  (Read 11930 times)

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
WOULDYOU/WILL YOU JUMP OFF THE SUPPORT TRAIN IF..
« on: January 26, 2007, 10:43:52 AM »
with the present talk of players going to court over $ related issues the scenario i've painted isn't that far fetched but whatever happens in the courtroom or outside..at the end of it all my 2 cents is that some trinis just know how to f--k up a good thing..and regardless of the outcome(which will never be a win,win one)..our football progress and development will ultimately suffer..while all around us our concacaf opponents get stronger with each day..sad sad business.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 10:47:39 AM by #8 »

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
Re: WOULDYOU/WILL YOU JUMP OFF THE SUPPORT TRAIN IF..
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 10:59:06 AM »
I don't think it's about jumping off the support train. Granted the disappontment will be there if our players from the 06 WC who can still play in '10WC aren't there.........but real support lies with allegiance to country regardless of who dons the colours.

I will love to see the familiar faces back in the squad ...... but at the end of the day once i see that Flag flying and the anthem playing in South Africa all is good with me.

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 11:11:10 AM »
Unfortunately, All those players who have put their names to that Class Action lawsuit, I would be very surprised if they are allowed to ever play for theTTFF.
Most Countries have a pre determined amount of compensation for each level a player attains playing for their country, and that amount is made public.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 11:13:26 AM by RH »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 11:45:06 AM »
I don't think it's about jumping off the support train. Granted the disappontment will be there if our players from the 06 WC who can still play in '10WC aren't there.........but real support lies with allegiance to country regardless of who dons the colours.

I will love to see the familiar faces back in the squad ...... but at the end of the day once i see that Flag flying and the anthem playing in South Africa all is good with me.

:beermug:

All players in the future MUST be very cautious when dealing with the TTFF.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 11:45:35 AM »
trinidad and tobago first, dem fellahs come after, dey were supposedly promised a certain something and didnt get it they are claiming, so if they want, diz their business, tt bigger than dem, we have players tuh take we again, i juss care about our nation qualifying for the world cup....

God is de BOSS....

money is the root of all evil....

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 11:51:54 AM »
All I can say is that this injustice troubles me deeply and seeing blood money circulate to "pimp juice" vulnerable people is like a blight (I'll avoid using stronger language) that will haunt us until we have the courage to face radical surgery to confront and then remove this malignant cancer that is Jackula.

I have been writing in my posts that this crisis at the crossroads has been coming. We are of all kinds of ages and mindsets on this forum but as Trinbagonians (especially of the "Trin" subset more than the "bago" subset) we are prone to a wine and jam mentality, an as-long-as-ah-get-it-ah-happy mentality, a boy-at-least-ah-geh-in-free-so-doh-study-corruption-now-nah mentality and, by extension, an as-long-as-I-doh-get-my football-holiday-spoil-in-South-Africa,-laterz-for-Sancho-Glen-an-dem-and-those-to-come-yes mentality. It sickens me to my stomach. We are caribbean champions. Champions of shit-talk, no principle, no sacrifice, champions of pimps and hos, champions of convenient memory loss and champions of contentment to be exploited. We are heading like Colombia where Pablo Escobar was the football king there as he injected millions and millions in the leagues and particular clubs to keep desperate peasants happy with cocaine-laden hush money. Look where he is now. Riddled with submachine bullets and 6 feet under.

It doesn't occur to us that cancer is cancer. Cancer never says: "Let me just spread to yuh flecking brain and ah promise to be good after dat and spare yuh life eh". Jackula is the epitome of cancer of the most voracious variety. He makes a killing and wants more...and more, and just can't stop.

If we don't stand up to Jackula now in united fashion and avoid his divide-and-conquer-socawarrior agenda then we will be irreversibly conquered by his greedy malignant tentacles. Everything he touches he tries to corrupt. Right now he is salivating and rubbing his hands while he watches Roberts, Hardest, Glasgow, Jan, Baptiste like a stinking child- abusing serial predator seeing fresh prey.

Jackula must be brought down or least contained with a stiff no-fly-zone surveillance. We can still offer to play ball at the same time, as the Socawarriors did while filing their lawsuit. We don't have to be disruptive to the game and the future of our youngsters while we strive to stand up for a cause. The baby warriors are not stupid and they will have to play and pounce at the right time too. It's all tactical, and timing will differ subtly for all players. I congratulate Denzil as he has alot to lose but knows he eh go lose his soul dread, and I am in full support of those who brought the lawsuit. I am so happy when they play and make us proud but if we have to do without them, do without Gold Cup and do without World Cup, so be it.

Yes, it's a painful, scary prospect, but guess what,..... good will prevail and Jackula will eventually get a stake through his heart and the coffin will be nailed shut for good, hopefully not too long after an as-brief-as-possible sacrifice by the players and fans. I truly wish the best first for all our players in these troubling times. The rest of us fans.....well, we go handle we self.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 01:08:09 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 11:52:51 AM »
trinidad and tobago first, dem fellahs come after, dey were supposedly promised a certain something and didnt get it they are claiming, so if they want, diz their business, tt bigger than dem, we have players tuh take we again, i juss care about our nation qualifying for the world cup....

God is de BOSS....

Once you could work and feed your family you free to say that Trinidad first talk.  These fellas job is football.  And if your boss says that he is going to give you x for doing a certain job, and you do it, then the money is rightfully yours.  

The players are arguing and standing on principle and I can support that.

This is how they earn their bread, so they cannot have Jack playing games with their compensation.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 11:57:06 AM »
This thing is really turning out to be a big mess,when i tell you it have nothing about loyalty in this game ppl think i'm joking,everthing in this game is about business,Jack has accomplished the one thing that eliminated him in his career(WC qualifying) so time for a new start.

I've always said we operating like armatures with professionals,it's like oil and water they can't mix,i'm not a lawyer or don't have access to the real problems that brought us to this stage so i will not get into who i'm supporting,what i can say for sure is that i'm supporting T&T when ever we take the field.

I've seen so many individuals/clubs fight this cause through my career and could never win,what normally happens in our Football is that we have very good talkers but when is to act you can't see a sole,my thing is right or wrong these guys are fighting for Footballers, even if they don't benefit those coming behind will,Colts,Chalengers,Sammy,Nakhid,Burn Boots etc etc all destroyed non of them ever got the support of the public,Sammy had a placard at one of the WC games ppl laugh at him but those same ppl talking about prices to go Football.

It's very easy to sit down home and say i supporting this and that but for anything to be effective we need some body's,i see we does have interviews with everybody have anyone tried to have a meeting with Jack/Camps?even if we tried i know they will not want to talk to us because they just don't care,nothing we do or say affects them.As a former player i usually sympathise with our players because is years they have been used for certain people's personal gains,it never affected me because of the Army,all i want to say is if these guys can do it i salute them.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 12:00:49 PM »

What was the reason for some players not signing on?
That division will be a weakness.

I understand Yorke and Latas.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 12:17:20 PM »

God is de BOSS....

And we does wonder why things doh change.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 12:23:56 PM »

God is de BOSS....

You is the worst kind of waggonist. As long as you get what you want is ok for Jack and the TTFF to exploit the team.  After all, they get paid by the gov't already...

Let's hope that Hardest doh have the same stories down the road, we'll see what kind of song you singing then.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 12:27:28 PM »
Well said Bitter

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 12:32:06 PM »
The problem with the TTFF is once the Govt give the players the million dollars they start to look unfavorably and start to pinch pennies.

Now they playing the greedy card saying the players want too much money and look they done get 1 million already.

This is a purly political thing because the TTFF wanted the govt to give them the money so they could distribute to the players and in fact the Govt has given no money to the TTFF at all to help with any expenses.

So believe it or not the TTFF thinking, we not going to pay you cause the Govt done pay you and we aint get we money from the Govt yet.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 12:32:55 PM »
I will not fault any of the players that plan to sue TTFF. They had an agreement and TTFF did not live up to it`s end of the bargain. You have to take a stand for something, otherwise you will always get run over.

So if they gave an ultimatum and it is not met, they should go through with their actions, if they did not then they don`t have any crediability.

However I will support any player that wears my NAtional colours and I would not grudge the WC players for bowing out of team ...........its shows they have a back bone. TTFF should not have promised something they could not deliver !! A friend of mine always use to say "u diss u get dismiss" and its "the Principle of the matter"  :beermug:

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 12:33:50 PM »

God is de BOSS....

Once you could work and feed your family you free to say that Trinidad first talk.  These fellas job is football.  And if your boss says that he is going to give you x for doing a certain job, and you do it, then the money is rightfully yours.  

The players are arguing and standing on principle and I can support that.

This is how they earn their bread, so they cannot have Jack playing games with their compensation.

but jahyouth, man cyah be relying on *national team compensation* to feed family. professional footballers be making their primary dollars from their club job. national team is not something to build career on.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 12:48:35 PM »
Obviously as a hardcore T&T fan I want our best players possible for the big games and tournaments. You have to be full of conviction if you see these games and don't wonder "what if" we had Edwards, Birchall, Samuel and others in de Germany squad, and especially be a little vex because you know their real income comes from club football ( THAT is their job) and whatever they get from national football is jess a bonus, and what about patriotism etc.

At the same time, there is that matter of principle that the players are standing up for themselves for, as Dreamer and RasIred say. There is the reminder that sometimes you have to make dire sacrifices. As individuals ourselves - if yuh take football passion away - we can all relate.

I eh go jump off the support train though. The ride kind of bumpy and the view from the windows hazy, but I done take meh seat, order meh drinks and doh plan on getting up fuh a while.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 12:55:39 PM by Grande man »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2007, 01:56:15 PM »
Realize too that this topic addresses a critical issue that T&T has a problem dealing with. How to fight a rotten system run by rotten folk that exploits good people in it. Do you support, do you strike, do you throw out the bathwater or do you throw out the baby or both or neither. It causes seeeeeerious conflicting feelings and makes us want to quarrel with each other

I feel the answer is to always support de "troops" (our warriors) and all the helpless footballers whether they be in manipulation-pool 1, 2 or 3. Pool 1 with Carlos may look sweeter than pool 2 with Baptiste and Daniel or pool 3 with Whitley and Grey but dey still all vulnerable and hurting from a career that could be very unfair and prone to never ending exploitation. So no manipulation pool is safe. We must lobby and write to ensure that all monies obtained by TTFF on the warriors' backs are accounted for and help the players to protect themselves at all times in current and future negotiations. An urgent serious crash course in contract negotiation literacy for the players (and their local agents) is needed to minimize exploitation as more players are coming up every day. Ah think Skeene and dem was planning to start this.

Power is in the pen, not talk. Talk helps to rally and so on, but using your lawyer is when the shit will finally come to a head especially with a class lawsuit as is going on now. A career in footbal is a risky ting and will always be. Kudos to those who had de guts.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 03:31:13 PM by dreamer »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2007, 02:23:45 PM »

God is de BOSS....

TrinInfinite yuh leave the TTFF out of that ranking scheme yuh have there.

The players not bigger than T&T but neither is the TTFF.  Whoever causin the problem is the one you should criticise,
and the root of the problem is the TTFF, not the players.

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2007, 02:39:36 PM »

God is de BOSS....

I finally figure out what T.I stands for...not trininfinite but TOTALLYIDIOTIC..read the ?tion again and try..i repeat and stress the word 'try' to respond intelligently.......

if the players that i'm talking about decide to boycott...what players 'we have to take we again'?...no disrespect to none of dem fellars on that digicel squad...but..against mexico..they will get spanked...against the us..they will get spanked....against costa rica..they will get spanked....and last time i checked those are teams T&T have to face in WC qualifying...so pull yuh head out yuh ass...cause kerwyn jemmott is a good passer of the football and could beat defenders with his eyes closed and pants falling down..but he is NOT capable of carrying ANY team on his shoulders at this point in his footballing career professionally or internationally through any game much less a major tournament...STOP DELUDING YUHSELF!!

the #8 definition of spanked   -    beaten convincingly,outplayed
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 03:19:28 PM by #8 »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2007, 03:06:51 PM »
There is no players association and thus no unity.

Whatever they have now is a group who involved in the dispute trying to be organized but they don't have the support of the ENTIRE pool of national players supporting.

I don't know what needs to happen to push them to start working through a players association but they are always going to be at a significant disadvantage negotiating in groups.

Even if Carlos and Tallest didn't agree, if there was a majority vote then they could all agree to support the decision.

Anyway...I think they may still accomplish some things through this...just hope none of the players get burned.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2007, 03:15:37 PM »
There is no players association and thus no unity.

Whatever they have now is a group who involved in the dispute trying to be organized but they don't have the support of the ENTIRE pool of national players supporting.

I don't know what needs to happen to push them to start working through a players association but they are always going to be at a significant disadvantage negotiating in groups.

Even if Carlos and Tallest didn't agree, if there was a majority vote then they could all agree to support the decision.

Anyway...I think they may still accomplish some things through this...just hope none of the players get burned.

how would one go about trying to push for a formation of a national team's player's association.....most national teams in the world have one....why not us?......i'm sure we can pool our resources on this site to make this a reality......

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2007, 03:16:19 PM »
Well said dcs

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2007, 03:23:40 PM »

God is de BOSS....

You is the worst kind of waggonist. As long as you get what you want is ok for Jack and the TTFF to exploit the team. After all, they get paid by the gov't already...

Let's hope that Hardest doh have the same stories down the road, we'll see what kind of song you singing then.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

The more TI talks, the more it seems like he doh care about T&T football on the whole, all he care about is Hardest.

As for the topic of the thread, I will support the players in the lawsuit against Jackula and the TTFF as they are making a stand of conviction and principle, I cannot begrudge them for that.

At the same time I will support anyone who dons our national colours to represent us on the field. The players that sacrifice their blood, sweat and tears for us will always have my full support.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2007, 03:52:38 PM »
Remember when a ceartian someone was real bitter pre world cup cause a certiain player was ommitted, not even looked at. Where was the country first talk then?
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

TrinInfinite

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2007, 04:06:12 PM »
Remember when a ceartian someone was real bitter pre world cup cause a certiain player was ommitted, not even looked at. Where was the country first talk then?

if you love your nation first, you would want de bess players selected to win in the greatest tournament in football... I never said i not behind the players, all im saying is our goal for 2010 must go on, god willing they will join this squad for qualifying, but our goal is the gold cup and world cup 2010, our nation comes first...

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2007, 04:13:25 PM »
The players never said they were boycotting the National Team while this was going on.  Our courts not exactly lightening fast so there is no telling if this will be settled before qualifying start or 2010 for all we know.

The only question is if the law suit 17 will be considered for selection.  I think they should be.  What they do with Theobald for the next two games might give an indication but it a bit premature to start talking about replacing players en masse.  That would not be right at all.

The foreign based could not be called back for the Digicel to begin with and the Gold Cup is still some time away so we may not know what they doing for some time.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 04:16:15 PM by dcs »

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2007, 04:23:48 PM »
I will not fault any of the players that plan to sue TTFF. They had an agreement and TTFF did not live up to it`s end of the bargain. You have to take a stand for something, otherwise you will always get run over.

So if they gave an ultimatum and it is not met, they should go through with their actions, if they did not then they don`t have any crediability.

However I will support any player that wears my NAtional colours and I would not grudge the WC players for bowing out of team ...........its shows they have a back bone. TTFF should not have promised something they could not deliver !! A friend of mine always use to say "u diss u get dismiss" and its "the Principle of the matter"  :beermug:

I stand behind this statement.  Ah aint mad at no body (as a matter of fact ah kinda proud of dem fellas) however I am not going to be held hostage by the situation. De Team must go on because my job remains de same. I am de fan. They get paid to ply their trade. I spend money to ply my hobbie.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2007, 08:22:10 PM »
Good, so Jabloteh and Connection buss dem up. Back to Jackula now. Leh we see his next chess move

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2007, 08:43:49 PM »
I dissapointed that everybody eh sign. If Jack et al eh pick them I eh goin. I Trinbagonian so I will want the team to well as it in my DNA to back TNt if is darts but I eh backing no scab team.

The first opportunity to see what happening is whether we have to find a new captin for the games against Panama and C/Rica
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2007, 10:35:56 PM »

God is de BOSS....

I finally figure out what T.I stands for...not trininfinite but TOTALLYIDIOTIC..read the ?tion again and try..i repeat and stress the word 'try' to respond intelligently.......

if the players that i'm talking about decide to boycott...what players 'we have to take we again'?...no disrespect to none of dem fellars on that digicel squad...but..against mexico..they will get spanked...against the us..they will get spanked....against costa rica..they will get spanked....and last time i checked those are teams T&T have to face in WC qualifying...so pull yuh head out yuh ass...cause kerwyn jemmott is a good passer of the football and could beat defenders with his eyes closed and pants falling down..but he is NOT capable of carrying ANY team on his shoulders at this point in his footballing career professionally or internationally through any game much less a major tournament...STOP DELUDING YUHSELF!!

the #8 definition of spanked   -    beaten convincingly,outplayed

yea and #8 stand for #8 hater/bullahman on this site, i love my nation more than money, unlike yourself, i support the players stand but their club is where their money should come mostly from, ah next ting, you speak of intelligence, intelligence is having a written agreement with the ttff as opposed to a verbal agreement with jw and ttff, that is de intelligent ting to do, forming a players union like the west indies cricket team did is an intelligent ting to do, not this he said she said business when your dealing with a person like jw, say what you like saddis your intelligence is limited in scope bc obviously you havent thought of these tings like many others on the site. the uk based gettin foreign dollars and have money, the locals trying tuh feed they themselves and they family, think about dat nah, but if you really want to do something effective, all the players should strike... and lastly b4 u say we will lose badly, watch all de national games nah, instead of watching epl football...

God is de BOSS...

there you again...talking before you think..failing to read a ?tion and answer that specific ?tion....look at majority of yuh posts ...everybody from visitors of de site,forumites old and new,national footballers(de same ones you does wanna talk about like yuh know dem real real personal)have asked themselves when reading a post or thread from you..whey this boy come out from?

lemme give yuh a few examples...

Culture & Entertainment Thread '06...a forumite ask what ever happen to Ataklan...your response..'I hear he bulling in Trinidad'

Football Thread...a new forumite talks about she thinks it's sad how the women players get treated and that she had de honour of practicing and playing alongside some of the girls professionally...her forum name is #8+1(which in any math system is 9 with a number sign in front of it)..your 1st post in that thread..'wha kinda 8+1 business is that..are you #8's child'

moving back to de thread at hand...you still haven't answered my ?tion.....you said that'dem fellars not bigger than TT,we have players to take we again'...if the players that can make a significant contribution to the 2010 campaign(that wewr a part of the '06 Wc squad) boycott or are blacklisted because of their legal action...WHICH PLAYERS DO WE HAVE TO TAKE WE TO DE 2010 WC?.....which concacaf power house will that dicigel cup squad beat?...you say if they were intelligent they would get a written agreement instead of a verbal one..not only do they have to balance club and country schedule and deal with all the pressures that come with it,they must also perform and stay healthy to participate in both..then play their heart out wearing the red,white and black and with all that still worry about their football federation shafting them at de end of the day...what great examples and levels of encouragement that shows the young and upcoming footballers...and you talk about local based trying to feed their family..you dunce..everything nowadays comes down international duty/selection and how much caps you have else no work permit..so if the young footballers that are coming up,come up with the mind set that national football not making no sense cause de ttff is a bunch a bandits..WHAT PLAYERS WILL THEIR BE TO SELECT FROM? .if you played any kind of professional football or been part of any kind of national set up in any capacity you would know that footballers or athlethes on the whole perform better if there are incentives/rewards for their hard work..hence things like scoring bonuses,winning streak bonuses etc.. for a fellar that has two left and has to move his gut aside to tie his shoe laces you are quite the football analyst...never talking about what you've experienced personally..but always what you hear this one say or that one say...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 10:49:48 PM by #8 »

1]; } ?>