April 28, 2024, 04:16:28 PM

Author Topic: Jemmott aiming to take it to another level...heading to Panama and Costa Rica  (Read 4852 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jemmott aiming to take it to another level.
By: Joel Villafana (ttproleague).
[/size]

Kerwyn ‘Hardest’ Jemmott made a more than impressive return to national duty when he wore the number 10 jersey for Trinidad and Tobago in the just concluded Digicel Caribbean Cup, but now the 28 year old midfielder is ready to take it to the next level.
Jemmott leaves with the national team on Monday for Panama and then to Costa Rica where he is expected to line up with the national team in two friendly internationals.
The Superstar Rangers midfielder admitted to ttproleague.com that he was very excited about the trip.
“I am really grateful for this opportunity, and I am looking forward to continuing where I left off in the Digicel Cup,” said Jemmott.
Now a father of a newborn son, the talented midfielder is aware he has a lot of work to do to reach his peak.
“I had a good Digicel Cup, but I was not fully fit, and it hampered my performance, so I will be working hard trying to prove to the coach that I am up for the task. This trip is very important for me, having made a comeback in the Digicel Cup, I am now ready to take it to the next level and prove to Trinidad and Tobago I still have a lot to offer.”
He continued, “Who knows, this can also be an opportunity for me to attract some scouts, you never know who is watching you when you go outside, so I will try to do my best at all times.”
Jemmott has recently signed on the dotted line extending his contract for another year with his local club Superstar Rangers.
He told ttproleague.com, “Rangers have been good to me, I finished the season with them last year and we did pretty well for a new club, so I will be back with them this season, I have already committed to another year and I am looking forward to helping them do well again.”
The Soca Warriors will play two back-to-back friendly internationals, they first take on Panama on January 31, and then challenge Costa Rica on February 4.
The national squad takes on a similar look to the team that represented T&T in the Digicel Cup, but coach Wim Rijsbergen has recalled standby players Kevon Carter and Christian Baptiste of Defence Force.
US College-based players Makan Hislop and Keeron Benito were scheduled to depart back to their respective colleges and will not make the trip. Defender Osei Telesford is also recovering from an injury while W Connection Jan Michael Williams, Jabloteh’s Kerry Baptiste and Nigel Daniel were released back to their clubs after Tuesday’s game for CFU Club Championship action.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 05:40:50 AM by Flex »
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
All the best Jemmott. Hope you keep your head on this time.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

TrinInfinite

do your ting meh breddah, let your feet do de talking family :beermug:

God is de BOSS....

oh and by de way fellahs, hardest has gained serious interest in the US from a few clubs in the a-league and mls.. :beermug:

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jemmott aiming to take it to another level...heading to Panama and Costa Rica       
Sunday, 28 January 2007 
By Joel Villafana...

Kerwyn ‘Hardest’ Jemmott made a more than impressive return to national duty when he wore the number 10 jersey for Trinidad and Tobago in the just concluded Digicel Caribbean Cup, but now the 28 year old midfielder is ready to take it to the next level.

Jemmott leaves with the national team on Monday for Panama and then to Costa Rica where he is expected to line up with the national team in two friendly internationals.
The Superstar Rangers midfielder admitted to ttproleague.com that he was very excited about the trip.

“I am really grateful for this opportunity, and I am looking forward to continuing where I left off in the Digicel Cup,” said Jemmott.

Now a father of a newborn son, the talented midfielder is aware he has a lot of work to do to reach his peak.

“I had a good Digicel Cup, but I was not fully fit, and it hampered my performance, so I will be working hard trying to prove to the coach that I am up for the task. This trip is very important for me, having made a comeback in the Digicel Cup, I am now ready to take it to the next level and prove to Trinidad and Tobago I still have a lot to offer.”

He continued, “Who knows, this can also be an opportunity for me to attract some scouts, you never know who is watching you when you go outside, so I will try to do my best at all times.”
Jemmott has recently signed on the dotted line extending his contract for another year with his local club Superstar Rangers.

He told ttproleague.com, “Rangers have been good to me, I finished the season with them last year and we did pretty well for a new club, so I will be back with them this season, I have already committed to another year and I am looking forward to helping them do well again.”

The Soca Warriors will play two back-to-back friendly internationals, they first take on Panama on January 31, and then challenge Costa Rica on February 4.

The national squad takes on a similar look to the team that represented T&T in the Digicel Cup, but coach Wim Rijsbergen has recalled standby players Kevon Carter and Christian Baptiste of Defence Force

US College-based players Makan Hislop and Keeron Benito were scheduled to depart back to their respective colleges and will not make the trip. Defender Osei Telesford is also recovering from an injury while W Connection Jan Michael Williams, Jabloteh’s Kerry Baptiste and Nigel Daniel were released back to their clubs after Tuesday’s game for CFU Club Championship action.

TI yah see de man admit he wasn’t fit his own words so can’t get vex when people say hardest not fit. 

Empty barrels make the most noise

TrinInfinite

Jemmott aiming to take it to another level...heading to Panama and Costa Rica       
Sunday, 28 January 2007 
By Joel Villafana...

The national squad takes on a similar look to the team that represented T&T in the Digicel Cup, but coach Wim Rijsbergen has recalled standby players Kevon Carter and Christian Baptiste of Defence Force

TI yah see de man admit he wasn’t fit his own words so can’t get vex when people say hardest not fit.

true breddah ;D :beermug: hardest probably didnt want 2 tell meh dat fully bc he probably thought i would be disappointed, he like ah brother tuh meh so i expect that from him, but he did say his fitness is improving and he will get better, he needed a coach like wim to bring out de bess in him.. :beermug:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 04:13:46 PM by TrinInfinite »

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile

God is de BOSS....

oh and by de way fellahs, hardest has gained serious interest in the US from a few clubs in the a-league and mls.. :beermug:
Which clubs is that boss...buss de files nah man!!!
Two islands are better than one.

TrinInfinite

God is de BOSS....

i would love tuh tell yuh breddah but de clubs want it on de low for now...   :-X

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

God is de BOSS....

All de best tuh Hardest, ah will always support yuh, and fight de critics and dem, cuz when you do well and pick up ah good or descent foreign contract, in de  long run, is meh beloved T&T will benefit from de experience you gain out there. Eh TI, ah surprise wid this thread, how come Bally beat yuh tuh dat info on yuh bredda. Doh let dat happen again eh.  ;D HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 05:52:30 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

TrinInfinite

God is de BOSS....

All de best tuh Hardest, ah will always support yuh, and fight de critics and dem, cuz when you do well and pick up ah good or descent foreign contract, in de  long run, is meh beloved T&T will benefit from de experience you gain out there. Eh TI, ah surprise wid this thread, how come Bally beat yuh dat info on yuh bredda. Doh let dat happen again eh.  ;D HIGHLY BLESSED.

;D :rotfl: yea breds, ah didnt check out de pro league site in days since de match, bally is meh breddah too, so i ent frighten, he also want tuh see hardest do well under de talk about fitness ;D

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TI, say after me:"Ah sorry for raggin on you guys when you say that Hardest wasn't fit and bun by half time of every game of the Digicel Cup"
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

TrinInfinite

TI, say after me:"Ah sorry for raggin on you guys when you say that Hardest wasn't fit and bun by half time of every game of the Digicel Cup"

:rotfl: :rotfl: breds he wasnt unfit, juss not fully match fit ;D but i do apologize if ah cause anyone a bufferin or tylenol rounds...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TI the man admit he eh fit. We were in the stadium unlike you so we knew that he was not fit. All the best to Hardest, I eh hear no new captin named so I guess Densil Yorke it is.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

TrinInfinite

TI the man admit he eh fit. We were in the stadium unlike you so we knew that he was not fit. All the best to Hardest, I eh hear no new captin named so I guess Densil Yorke it is.

small ting, hardest need a few 90 mins under he belt and he'll be fine, when ah talk to him 2day he was in good spirits, dey had a light session in couva again today, ah think de flight leavin 4am or so from piarco.... :beermug:

God is de BOSS...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I agree a diet eh go hurt either. 4:00 am that real early. Is Miami they goin to ketch the connecting? At that hr man go miss dey flight
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile

God is de BOSS....

I'm hoping that he contnues to take care of business and really fulfill his potential...(represent Nelson St.) I wouldn't be suprised if NY Red Bull has an interest because Bruce Arena is a big fan of Hardest...
i would love tuh tell yuh breddah but de clubs want it on de low for now...   :-X
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
Good luck
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

1]; } ?>