March 29, 2024, 01:29:48 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 603184 times)

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: UK Crew - anybody interested in going to a Sunderland game at the SOL?
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2007, 12:35:12 PM »
I am up for that but i am looking at the fixture list an i am thinking that, it may be a better thing to go to the game against either, Colchester the 3rd to last game of the season or  Luton town on the last day of the season as the luton game is when Carlos returns to his old club and it just may be the game that decides who gets promoted to the premiership.

What do you think redtrinigirl?

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline soca_randy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2007, 01:43:17 PM »
Nah! The last game may not decide it.

Promotion will be decided on getting past the stronger teams in the division such as West Brom, southhamption and Hull.

Luton is at the bottom and struggling at the moment.

But I am up for any game.

socarandy

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2007, 04:21:09 AM »
I am up for that but i am looking at the fixture list an i am thinking that, it may be a better thing to go to the game against either, Colchester the 3rd to last game of the season or  Luton town on the last day of the season as the luton game is when Carlos returns to his old club and it just may be the game that decides who gets promoted to the premiership.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Whilst I agree it would be cheaper, and closer to home, so to speak, the whole point of going is to experience watching them in front of the home crowd, get the meet-and-greet with the Sunderland fans, and SEE the SOL.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2007, 04:32:59 AM »
the whole point of going is to experience watching them in front of the home crowd, get the meet-and-greet with the Sunderland fans, and SEE the SOL.

Allya have to realise that Sunderland are some of the loudest fans in the CCC
Just imagine the SOL packed to the Rafters and everyone singing their heads off
look the view here...man I wish I could be there ;) :wavetowel:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 04:48:04 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2007, 04:52:29 AM »
the whole point of going is to experience watching them in front of the home crowd, get the meet-and-greet with the Sunderland fans, and SEE the SOL.

Allya have to realise that Sunderland are some of the loudest fans in the CCC
Just imagine the SOL packed to the Rafters and everyone singing their heads off
look the view here...man I wish I could be there ;) :wavetowel:

No, just imagine it pack to capacity, and a serious rhythm section going for de whole game! Dat's what I want to see (hear).

gives Love.

[

Offline krsrd

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2007, 07:05:12 AM »

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

It would be very unlikely that you would get tickets for Luton if the game will make a difference to our season, (ie. a win would get us promoted) and near enough impossible for you to get tickets for Colchester because their ground only holds 6,375, unless of course you go in the home end which wouldn't be as special and could you imagine Carlos, Yorkie or Stern scoring and you not being able to celebrate with the Sunderland fans?

Wolves looks the best home game left for crowd size and atmosphere IMO on the 7th April and they are playing well which should add to the excitement, not to mention the fact their manager is our old one

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2007, 07:11:15 AM »
I checking ryan air tuh see how much it go cost tuh come dey for a game. hold on.......... I will need help tuh get ticket and pay when I arrive there for it. But I know from Germany it cheap tuh get tuh england I could come fuh de week end....   Stansted is de only airpot I could use though.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2007, 07:16:37 AM »
60Euros
leave Friday 11PM..get stansted 11:30PM 
Leave Stansted Sunday 16:40PM or 21:30 PM

hmmm wuh alyuh say???
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2007, 07:50:01 AM »
60Euros

hmmm wuh alyuh say???

Yuh ain't see d thread say  uk crew?

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2007, 08:09:09 AM »
I will have to change it to "All Soca Warrior supporters who willing to go a Sunderland home game"  ;D

gives Love.

[

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2007, 08:18:23 AM »
60Euros

hmmm wuh alyuh say???

Yuh ain't see d thread say  uk crew?

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Well excuse me if dat is an exclusive club I guess I can just sit at home and sob about it  :'( :'( :'(
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2007, 08:41:14 AM »
Ah wonder if ah could get ah weekend flight from TO to come wid yu all?? :devil: :beermug:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2007, 08:43:12 AM »
Ah wonder if ah could get ah weekend flight from TO to come wid yu all?? :devil: :beermug:

Dat kinda taking patriotism to new hights there breds  ;D

gives Love.

[

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2007, 09:06:56 AM »

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

It would be very unlikely that you would get tickets for Luton if the game will make a difference to our season, (ie. a win would get us promoted) and near enough impossible for you to get tickets for Colchester because their ground only holds 6,375, unless of course you go in the home end which wouldn't be as special and could you imagine Carlos, Yorkie or Stern scoring and you not being able to celebrate with the Sunderland fans?

Wolves looks the best home game left for crowd size and atmosphere IMO on the 7th April and they are playing well which should add to the excitement, not to mention the fact their manager is our old one

The 7th of April will be a good day to go see our boys take on Wolves but only if we can get back to London or wherever else we live by 12 midnight GMT in time for a very important AGM!  ;)

Correction, I just realised that important AGM is on the 7th March a month before this game so no conflicts here plus that is Easter weekend!!!!  ;D

I say lets try to plan our WN visit to the SOL for the Sunderland vs Wolves game on Sat. 7th April'07 and we want to see everyone in their WN gear too!

We may also need the WN banner sent up from T&T if we can get it back, is we who had it first yuh know!!  ;)

Who with me?!  8)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 09:15:28 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2007, 09:27:21 AM »

Alyu help me out, ah need flights and all other information so ah could pitch this idea to de wife to get me passport stamp or if she want to come too LOL

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2007, 11:03:32 AM »

you takin he orn
he gobe goin to ah ManBoo Game :devil:

ah lie, Dragon ;D ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2007, 11:10:27 AM »

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

The 7th of April will be a good day to go see our boys take on Wolves but only if we can get back to London or wherever else we live by 12 midnight GMT in time for a very important AGM!  ;)

Correction, I just realised that important AGM is on the 7th March a month before this game so no conflicts here plus that is Easter weekend!!!!  ;D

I say lets try to plan our WN visit to the SOL for the Sunderland vs Wolves game on Sat. 7th April'07 and we want to see everyone in their WN gear too!

We may also need the WN banner sent up from T&T if we can get it back, is we who had it first yuh know!!  ;)

Who with me?!  8)

Breds, this starting to sound sweet. Easter Saturday, most people off. One of the Sunderland fans told me the London crew comes up on an 8:00 am train and leave via a 9:00 pm train (will verify). It could work. Only dramas is getting Trinis to reach de station before 8:00 am on a Saturday morning...lol

The only dramas is train works normally go on easter weekend. We could find out bout dat. Cause I eh think I able with the long ass coach drive up there.

gives Love.

[

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2007, 12:21:56 PM »

you takin he orn

ah lie, Dragon ;D ;D

Ok OK, de wife thinking bout de trip so ah know ah could get ah flight but somebody go have to put up wid me for de weekend and ah have to know how we getting ticks for de game and we go work out transportation LOL :devil: :devil: :devil:  Toronto in de house

Offline krsrd

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2007, 12:43:49 PM »

you takin he orn

ah lie, Dragon ;D ;D

Ok OK, de wife thinking bout de trip so ah know ah could get ah flight but somebody go have to put up wid me for de weekend and ah have to know how we getting ticks for de game and we go work out transportation LOL :devil: :devil: :devil:  Toronto in de house

The ticket office is open right up until kick off so you can buy tickets on the day, or someone could order all the tickets on a debit / credit card then you can pick them up at the ticket office anytime before kick off (you need the card the tickets were booked on and some form of ID I think)

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2007, 12:48:49 PM »

you takin he orn

ah lie, Dragon ;D ;D

The ticket office is open right up until kick off so you can buy tickets on the day, or someone could order all the tickets on a debit / credit card then you can pick them up at the ticket office anytime before kick off (you need the card the tickets were booked on and some form of ID I think)

So who is de ring leader of dis bunch....redtrinigyul looks like you're de lucky one  :devil: :devil: :devil:

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2007, 02:17:23 PM »
RTG, if you contact the club they may be able to sort the tickets out for you and maybe publicise it as a T & T event.

We did a similar thing earlier in the season when we played Plymouth, it was dubbed St Niall's day and was a tribute to our chairman and former player Niall Quinn, everyone was encouraged to wear green and anything irish, I wore a massive Guinness hat (check out my photo in the members gallery on SMB), quite embarrassing when I look back  :-[

It would be great if you could pull it off and I am sure it would be a fantastic success. The fans at the Sol would join in for sure.

:beermug:

Roy Keane's Red & White Army

Offline Edwards_7

• Roy Keane's Red and White Army
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2007, 03:38:00 PM »
If you do come over it'll be a experience you'll never forget been at the SoL

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2007, 05:38:35 PM »
RTG, if you contact the club they may be able to sort the tickets out for you and maybe publicise it as a T & T event.

We did a similar thing earlier in the season when we played Plymouth, it was dubbed St Niall's day and was a tribute to our chairman and former player Niall Quinn, everyone was encouraged to wear green and anything irish, I wore a massive Guinness hat (check out my photo in the members gallery on SMB), quite embarrassing when I look back  :-[

It would be great if you could pull it off and I am sure it would be a fantastic success. The fans at the Sol would join in for sure.

Ok folks that's it! Its been decided! Easter Sat.7th April is no longer Easter Saturday, its now to be re-dubbed Warrior Nation Saturday!!
We will catch the 8am train from London to Sunderland and make it a WN Game day out! I will have to cancell my radio show on this Saturday so you'll must realise that I dead serious about making this visit to the SOL to support our 2nd favorite team in the Red, White & Black, the Sunderland Warriors!! And we cheering for Warrior Goals from all the Sunderland Warriors but goals from Soca-Sun Warriors Yorke, Stern or Edwards will be extra special together with a Sunderland victory!!

Reds please get us the ticket prices for the train journey and entry to the game and we will start planning from now! And someone need to take up Cartman's suggestion about contacting the SAFC regards tickets for this game and publicity about our visit!
We need to work out numbers to start so that Reds can co-ordinate the ticket business properly!

Reds I think you have been nominated so get working, yuh already do half the work so the tickets job is yours! 

I think we should all get send our ticket money to Reds so she can book everything on one card to make it easy pull we can get all the tickets in the same seating area so we can be together during the game for maximum vocal & visual impact!! How that sound Reds?!  ;)

This is serious business now!! Allyuh ready to rumble?!!  :challenge:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 05:51:15 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2007, 06:08:59 PM »

Ok folks that's it! Its been decided! Easter Sat.7th April is no longer Easter Saturday, its now to be re-dubbed Warrior Nation Saturday!!
We will catch the 8am train from London to Sunderland and make it a WN Game day out! I will have to cancell my radio show on this Saturday so you'll must realise that I dead serious about making this visit to the SOL to support our 2nd favorite team in the Red, White & Black, the Sunderland Warriors!! And we cheering for Warrior Goals from all the Sunderland Warriors but goals from Soca-Sun Warriors Yorke, Stern or Edwards will be extra special together with a Sunderland victory!!

Reds please get us the ticket prices for the train journey and entry to the game and we will start planning from now! And someone need to take up Cartman's suggestion about contacting the SAFC regards tickets for this game and publicity about our visit!
We need to work out numbers to start so that Reds can co-ordinate the ticket business properly!

Reds I think you have been nominated so get working, yuh already do half the work so the tickets job is yours! 

I think we should all get send our ticket money to Reds so she can book everything on one card to make it easy pull we can get all the tickets in the same seating area so we can be together during the game for maximum vocal & visual impact!! How that sound Reds?!  ;)

This is serious business now!! Allyuh ready to rumble?!!  :challenge:

Ah guess yu leave out the TO crew  :o ::) :-\ :'(

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2007, 04:36:39 AM »
Look I have started the publicity campaign already 

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=204349

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2007, 04:37:27 AM »
Look I have started the publicity campaign already  

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=204349

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2007, 04:38:22 AM »
DOH!, why did it post it twice  8)

Offline ned_werby

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2007, 05:45:52 AM »
How come i'm logged in as ned_werby? I am but a mere guest to this fine forum

Offline Makm

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2007, 05:48:29 AM »
Dammit! I was going to go up for Easter and go to that game but now I've got people coming to stay with me in Manchester so I'm going to miss 'T&T Day'  :'(

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2007, 06:08:19 AM »
Ok, just talked to Management over at Sunderland. They will get back to me with my request/enquiries, but seemed very interested in the idea of a T&T theme day.

I can tell you now that Match Day tickets are either £24 (the sides, or home-behind goal) or £19 (the corners).

She said it may be possible to reserve the tickets at the gates, and we identify ourselves as Trini supporters and pay for them there. Or we can purchase them outright, and collect at the gate.

Offhand, she doesn't see a problem with a rhythm section, but will confirm what we are allowed.

They are interested in the carnival theme, and maybe half-time entertainment, and will also confirm what will be allowed if they decide to go that route.

Once I have the facts, I will be contacting our High Comm, along with as many Trini promotional crews, groups, orgs as possible.

In the meantime, can someone source out a rhythm section, maybe the one that was at QPR for the Iceland match last year?

gives Love.

[

1]; } ?>