April 24, 2024, 02:53:19 PM

Author Topic: Jabloteh pair off on Millwall trials.  (Read 12496 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Jabloteh pair off on Millwall trials.
« on: February 15, 2007, 04:35:40 PM »
Jabloteh pair off on Millwall trials.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague.com).
[/size]

CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh’s Lester Peltier and Jason Marcano have left Trinidad on Wednesday for England on a two week trial with League One club Millwall FC.
According to Millwall club officials 18 year old Lester Peltier would join up with the under-20 team and 23 year old Jason Marcano with the senior team where they would be screened very excessively with other talents in England.
Coach Terry Fenwick of the TT Pro League Club San Juan Jabloteh who accompanied the players on the England trip explained to ‘ttproleague.com’ his decision to choose both Marcano and Peltier for these trials.
“They are two of the biggest talents in Trinidad and Tobago football at the moment. They both have had a fantastic season with Jabloteh and I’m sure that they will soon be knocking on the door of the Trinidad and Tobago national team very soon.”
“This is now a wonderful opportunity for these guys to go out and experience professional football outside of Trinidad and Tobago,” he said.
Fenwick also believes both players will do well and hopes that Millwall will accept them saying, “Marcano and Peltier are two very talented youngsters and I’m expecting them to work very hard. They need to step up because they would be exposed to a very disciplined organization at Millwall and I’m hoping they both have a great experience and do very well. I’m also hoping that Millwall will come back with a very hefty offer for them,” said the Englishman.
The former England player also explained that these trials were made possible through his strong contacts in the UK saying, “I have good contacts in the UK with thirty-five years of professional football under my belt. I also have a good relationship with the director of the Millwall football Club and we thought this was a great way to link the youth academies together,” said the Jabloteh Coach.
He also believes that the relationship between Jabloteh and Millwall would be fruitful for the local club saying, “Football is very popular here in Trinidad and Tobago, but not well supported, so we need to lean on better quality Leagues and better financed Clubs that will benefit us here in Trinidad and Tobago and also get our local players overseas on bigger better contracts, and this is what we are working towards at CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh,” added Fenwick.
Millwall’s Director Jeff Burnige who made the trip to Trinidad along with his Youth Director Joe Little and two other Club officials were delighted to take the Trinidadian pair on the trials and explained to ‘ttproleague.com’ what will happen over the next couple of weeks.
“I believe it’s a great opportunity for us and Jabloteh seeing the great players that they are able to produce. Over the next couple of days they would have to acclimatize to English conditions as they go into training with our professional players. Probably in the case of Lester Peltier he would train with our under 18, under 19 squads and in the case of Jason Marcano he would train with the senior team because he is older. We would have our scouts at these sessions and after the two weeks we would see where it goes from there,” ended Burnidge.
Marcano & Peltier looking to make best of English trials.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague.com).

CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh’s Jason Marcano and Lester Peltier have promised to make the best of their two week English trial with League One club Millwall FC in hope of earning an English contract.
Both players were in positive moods speaking with ‘ttproleague.com’ moments before their departure on Wednesday saying that this trial was something they have been looking forward to for sometime now.
The 23 year old Marcano said, “I am very happy for this trial. This is part of my dreams to play in England and I have been waiting for something like this for some time now. It’s now for me to put my best foot forward and continue to show progress while I’m at Milwall.”
“I know it’s going to be hard with the change of weather, but this trial would make a big impact on my life so I am going to work hard in order to make both my friends and family proud of me,” said Marcano, who was voted the Most Improved Player in the 2006 by Jabloteh.
While the teenage sensation Lester Peltier who represented Jabloteh’s senior team in 2006 backed up most of Marcano’s remarks, as he believes this opportunity at Milwall is a great stepping stone for him.
“I have prepared and was waiting for this a very long time now. I am looking forward to doing my best over in England at Milwall to impress their coaches.”
“I know it’s really cold in England although I have never been there but I am ready for this and I would be going there to do my best. This could be a once in a lifetime opportunity, so it’s up to me to make the best of it. My dream is to play with one of the biggest clubs in England, so I am looking to use this opportunity as a stepping stone in my career,” ended the 18 year old player.
Millwall’s Youth Director Joe Little who also spoke with ‘ttproleague.com’ mentioned that matches would be made available for both players on the trial and added the relationship between the two Clubs is a great one as they are look towards promotion they would need better players.
“Firstly they would go into a two week training program at Millwall. It would be a good two week intensive training period where they can probably adapt to what the standards are like over in England.”
“There certainly would be matches for Lester. He would more than likely get a game against Arsenal in the FA Premiere Youth Academy League. As for Jason, there is some reserve fixtures arranged but we need confirmation on those. We have the both players involved in some matches to give them a fair assessment.”
“We’ve got a good thing going here with Jabloteh, as Millwall will be able to access players we wouldn’t normally get access to. It looks like a great relationship for both Clubs. The Jabloteh boys can come over and get experience in the English League and we hopefully get good players to help Millwall climb the table,” ended the Millwall Youth Director.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 04:52:21 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jabloteh pair off on Millwall trials.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 04:42:14 PM »
Fenwick was not  bad talking the lower league in england ah time....this is a nice twist

wish them best of luck
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 06:01:44 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 05:23:22 PM »
“They are two of the biggest talents in Trinidad and Tobago football at the moment. They both have had a fantastic season with Jabloteh and I’m sure that they will soon be knocking on the door of the Trinidad and Tobago national team very soon.”

Go f00ck a goat Fenwick. They may make the T&T team, but you will un-make that... and Peltier is a next stuck up asshole.....
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 05:35:35 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 05:26:23 PM »
all de best fellars, all de best  ;D, shoe them what u have  ;D

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 05:40:23 PM »
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 05:40:39 PM »
Good luck fellas. Wheyyss, Sam...where all dat reactioncoming from dread? Is this really bad news? Release de files pardnah, so man could understand. Respec'
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 05:42:23 PM »
A nex' ting, dey should cut dis Denzelesque shit-talk about wanting to use the club as a steppin' stone. Dat eh go go dong good atall. Cut it out! >:(

TrinInfinite

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 05:53:41 PM »
when it rains, it pours, real players gettin signed oui, this is good news but i still dont support fenwick, hes an idiot, double tongue, mr mamaguy himself oui...

God is de BOSS...

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 06:16:20 PM »
my only reservation is that Millwall have a very significant BNP (read racist) following...
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 06:18:14 PM »
Yeh dreamer, why Theo now this one talkin about bigger clubs before dey even step on de pitch?
Peltier worse than Theo, he eh even sign yet!

Hopefully things work out for these two.

Side note: Millwall have de most notorious hooligans, ah mean "firm" in England.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 06:38:48 PM »
Oh my.  2 more foreigners.  ???
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 06:40:15 PM »
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007, 06:58:42 PM »
Yeh dreamer, why Theo now this one talkin about bigger clubs before dey even step on de pitch?
Peltier worse than Theo, he eh even sign yet!

Hopefully things work out for these two.

Side note: Millwall have de most notorious hooligans, ah mean "firm" in England.

Well, when yuh want something bad in life, yuh go have to grovel and see some shocking stuff oui. Is skinhead, monkey chants and all kinda neonazi threats that go wake dem up yes. Boys will rapidly turn man fast fast in those conditions. Play station, gyal farm fete and li'l boy talk in Smokey & Bunty eh go help us. Yes Millwall, take dem and shake dem up......while we pray for dey tail.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2007, 08:02:34 PM »
Football is very popular here in Trinidad and Tobago, but not well supported, so we need to lean on better quality Leagues and better financed Clubs that will benefit us here in Trinidad and Tobago and also get our local players overseas on bigger better contracts, and this is what we are working towards at CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh,” added Fenwick.

The league dead before it start. Just as I suspected. There is no League in TNT just a  bunch of organizations trying to farm some players.

Something is wrong if a sport is popular but not well supported. Obviously then the fan base is there, but the league not reaching out to them.

Steeeuuups!!!!!!!  jackasses all ah dem.

Good luck to de fellas.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 08:15:17 PM »
I real happy for them fellas.

All the best and once yuh put in a good showing you will move orn to bigger and brighter things.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 08:45:56 PM »
Football is very popular here in Trinidad and Tobago, but not well supported, so we need to lean on better quality Leagues and better financed Clubs that will benefit us here in Trinidad and Tobago and also get our local players overseas on bigger better contracts, and this is what we are working towards at CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh,” added Fenwick.

The league dead before it start. Just as I suspected. There is no League in TNT just a  bunch of organizations trying to farm some players.

Something is wrong if a sport is popular but not well supported. Obviously then the fan base is there, but the league not reaching out to them.

Good luck to de fellas.

This is a well discussed issue, but ah go say one thing related to this lack of community vibes to support the teams. Yuh see dem stadium that Jackula geh built hurry hurry for the juniour world cup (with the major motive being the under-the-table windfall) daiz what kill off the fan base for a professional league. Yuh cyah have poor people, or hard up people or mothers with chile to mind, having to find their way in the dark to an in-the-middle-of-nowhere-next-to-rapist-in-waiting-in-de-canefield Ato Boldon Stadium and expect that to engender a sense of community.

Yuh ever see dem stadium in England. Right dere in some narrow squeeze-up street in the very middle of the town. De drunkards, hooligans, hoes, unemployed, diehard fans, li'l boys with no bus fare does jess trapes over from the bar and dey own li'l house and walk to the stadium gate. 6000 ready to watch football onetime and deal with dey frustrations. Ultra convenient with all the resources of the community leaders right there to be used for game day hype. Advertising and fan-base by default! Yuh bored? Watch football in your own li'l small arena and stay off de streets. Yuh vex wit yuh gyul?, let she go she self. She eh need nobody to drop she or protect she and she friends

Hear what. Dey should abandon the stadium venue concept and build up the li'l communuty football field and put some li'l panorama dong-de-drag-style stand just like Joe Public did with the Marvin Lee Stadium and slowly build up as dey get more than a couple thousand attending. Den network with de local pan, tassa, parang side and let de school chirren in free at first The stadia are white elephants at the moment that only have some use for hosting multi-team Digicel-like international competitions and I guess they also give chance for different parts of T&T to geh a li'l opportunity to see big name football every now and then.

De whole premise behind the sociology of football is wrong. Greed warped an idea and we are stuck trying to perpetuate a myth about who we are and what we react to. Fix dat and de crowds will flow
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 09:02:37 PM by dreamer »

TrinInfinite

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 09:30:37 PM »

Good luck to de fellas.

This is a well discussed issue, but ah go say one thing related to this lack of community vibes to support the teams. Yuh see dem stadium that Jackula geh built hurry hurry for the juniour world cup (with the major motive being the under-the-table windfall) daiz what kill off the fan base for a professional league. Yuh cyah have poor people, or hard up people or mothers with chile to mind, having to find their way in the dark to an in-the-middle-of-nowhere-next-to-rapist-in-waiting-in-de-canefield Ato Boldon Stadium and expect that to engender a sense of community.

Yuh ever see dem stadium in England. Right dere in some narrow squeeze-up street in the very middle of the town. De drunkards, hooligans, hoes, unemployed, diehard fans, li'l boys with no bus fare does jess trapes over from the bar and dey own li'l house and walk to the stadium gate. 6000 ready to watch football onetime and deal with dey frustrations. Ultra convenient with all the resources of the community leaders right there to be used for game day hype. Advertising and fan-base by default! Yuh bored? Watch football in your own li'l small arena and stay off de streets. Yuh vex wit yuh gyul?, let she go she self. She eh need nobody to drop she or protect she and she friends

Hear what. Dey should abandon the stadium venue concept and build up the li'l communuty football field and put some li'l panorama dong-de-drag-style stand just like Joe Public did with the Marvin Lee Stadium and slowly build up as dey get more than a couple thousand attending. Den network with de local pan, tassa, parang side and let de school chirren in free at first The stadia are white elephants at the moment that only have some use for hosting multi-team Digicel-like international competitions and I guess they also give chance for different parts of T&T to geh a li'l opportunity to see big name football every now and then.

De whole premise behind the sociology of football is wrong. Greed warped an idea and we are stuck trying to perpetuate a myth about who we are and what we react to. Fix dat and de crowds will flow

there was community support at de digicel, i know for a fact thousands from the east dry river came out to see bleeder and hardest play bc they are from our community, thats why the attendance was bigger than expected, but alot of people didnt realize dat...

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007, 09:48:26 PM »
TI, I am talking about regular club football. Are you satisfied with the average weekend game attendance? C'mon man, geh serious.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2007, 10:10:56 PM »

Go f00ck a goat Fenwick. They may make the T&T team, but you will un-make that... and Peltier is a next stuck up asshole.....
Calm down sam atleast he trying to make these players play abroad even though he will benefit from it, we will have more talent being developed overseas

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 01:14:56 AM »
Good luck to the both of them. Hope something works out.

I understand that local talent may have to step into lower division leagues in foreign...but arrangements should be made for other countries besides England...doh have to be far: Mexico, Costa Rica or South America. Or in Europe: Spain, Germany, France or even Italy. See who have contacts and start from there.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 04:10:14 AM »
dreamer made an excellent point about the stadium sizes ,they were not built in the best interest of our sport .we do need smaller community oriented grounds to try to encourage that local fan base.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2007, 08:08:38 AM »
Boy them  millwall fans eh easy

Posted by MFC67 on 16 Feb 2007 09:06  Complain | Reply 
re: re: Jabloteh pair off on Millwall trials ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So Burnidge,little and 'two others' go to Trinidad at the clubs expense!? More of holiday than a scouting trip me thinks.
[IP address logged]   

Posted by MFC67 on 16 Feb 2007 11:07  Complain | Reply 
re: re: re: Jabloteh pair off on Millwall trials ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
trini,check this out
[IP address logged]  Link: http://football.guardian.co.uk/news/theknowledge/0,9204,977095,00.html 

Posted by iansmfc on 16 Feb 2007 11:19  Complain | Reply 
re: re: re: re: Jabloteh pair off on Millwall trials ...

morning T.

f**k me weve got more trials going on than the old bailey. lets hope some of them are worth the air fare at least..
[IP address logged]   

Posted by MFC67 on 16 Feb 2007 11:33  Complain | Reply 
re: re: re: re: re: Jabloteh pair off on Millwall trials ...

Mornong Ian.

Nice little holiday for Burnidge and pals,no wonder the ticket prices are so much!
[IP address logged]   

Posted by iansmfc on 16 Feb 2007 11:46  Complain | Prev | Next | Reply 
re: re: re: re: re: re: Jabloteh pair off on Millwall trials ...

probably came back with two donkeys, just to justify the 20 large they spent out there..
[IP address logged] 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 08:30:15 AM by Tallman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2007, 09:49:33 AM »
 Fellas don't get mad at Fenwick...He may have his dumb times but don't we all...But what the man trying to establish still says to me that T&T have talent and is exportable talent...For people to come out to games they have to know that the league have good players which are capable of going abroad...What Terry Fenwick has done in Trinidad and Tobago football is very commendable...Under his coaching we were able to have two consistent players for the World Cup squad...He bring fitness to Jabloteh and professionalism also...Although he is sometimes hotblooded his contribution is something we should look at...Jabloteh does play a great brand of football I find...With more coaches like Fenwick the PFL will flourish but you see they are not many people who wouldl think about Our Football(wim )....We need more Terry Fenwicks...Actually we need more coaches who knows what they are doing...Although exporting players might gain him a extra dollar...He still figure the talent is there to put his reputation on the line...

Go T&T

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2007, 10:21:23 AM »
Good Morning Guys,
                                Good luck to the guys. I guess if we had stronger contacts for the bigger clubs, our guys would be at Chelsea instead Millwall. But beggars can't be choosers.

Concerning the stadiums. The stadiums were built for long term development in mind. Ato is somewhere near the canefields between Couva and Chaguanas. UNC and Jack built it in that location with the premise of building new business and residential communities around that stadium. Good access roads etc. There is more space. So it was not a bad idea. But after PNM win, things on hold. I think the new rail system should have train stop at ATO. They should also build a mini indoor arena, and Olympic size pool and a mini cricket stadium. Then build gov't offices, hospital, etc, etc. Arima is the same thing. Develop around Malabar. The rail system supposedly going to Grande, so it should be passing close by. If the rail system goes up the highway, Jack will have it made. His complex near the highway. Also the rail system will be passing near the airport. The Mannie stadium is off the Southern Main rd. I presume the rail system will be passing close by. IF the gov't move right with the transport plans, that will certainly help the "willing but not able" football fan.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2007, 11:07:29 AM »
Boy people hard to please,when we used to be playing in front the Grand Stand,PSA,Arima Velodrome,Point Fortin Civic Centre etc etc the talk was why the TTFF don't get their own facilities/Stadiums,now they have it the same people find we should have fields in every neighborhood,now mind you i personally find T&T wasting their time with so many Stadiums the country is too small for them,we don't have enough major events to sustain all those Stadiums.

This is the second Foreign Coach in one week that have spoken highly of the ability of all our players,Millwall's Jeff Burnige just spoke about great players coming from T&T,if this is mamaguy let them mamaguy us the guys getting trials and contracts,more players are being looked at now than ever before in the history of our Football.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2007, 12:35:41 PM »
Great news. On the other hand, without knowing how good these guys are, I sometimes wonder if our players get a raw deal because they have agents that just shipping them to the first bidder without caring about where the best place for their development is. I understand the idea that you do have to start somewhere, and maybe these fellas not good enough to even make a Millwall reserve team ??? but allyuh doh ask how someone of Carlos potential was playing at Wrexham? Or why fellas like Leonson Lewis and Latapy had to pay so much dues in the Portuguese 2nd division for years when everyone around them knew..and as they proved, they should have been in the 1st division from day 1. The right agent is paramount...look at Daryll Roberts. Despite his potential, the wrong agent would have had him at trials at some 2nd division team in Northern Ireland. Anyone feel like our players generally need better representation ?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2007, 01:24:18 PM »
Anyone feel like our players generally need better representation ?

Sounds like what Neville spoke about in general yesterday, would be curious to know more on that end of things, perhaps you are right...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2007, 02:12:52 PM »
Good Afternoon Guys. Wha you saying Coop,
Coming back to the Stadium issue. We have them, then we should use them to the fullest.  Coop is right when he says that in we time we use to cry we want a stadium, we want facilities, look at JA this, look at Cuba that, look at the US, look at the East German, look at the Eastern block with all they medals. Now we have the facilities, it to far. But this govt or which govt come in the future has the opportunity to make livible development around these facilities with proper access roads and parking at these facilities to be worth all the money that was spent on them.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 02:21:25 PM »
Great news. On the other hand, without knowing how good these guys are, I sometimes wonder if our players get a raw deal because they have agents that just shipping them to the first bidder without caring about where the best place for their development is. I understand the idea that you do have to start somewhere, and maybe these fellas not good enough to even make a Millwall reserve team ??? but allyuh doh ask how someone of Carlos potential was playing at Wrexham? Or why fellas like Leonson Lewis and Latapy had to pay so much dues in the Portuguese 2nd division for years when everyone around them knew..and as they proved, they should have been in the 1st division from day 1. The right agent is paramount...look at Daryll Roberts. Despite his potential, the wrong agent would have had him at trials at some 2nd division team in Northern Ireland. Anyone feel like our players generally need better representation ?

Yeah, definitely. It bothers me. Most of our players are capable of great things under the right development and yeah, it does seem like dey just getting shipped out to the first bidder, or whoever have an iota of vague interest. Maybe the players themselves have to play a larger part in researching and acquiring the right agents, and not go for the first one that promises a reserve spot in a League Two side.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2007, 03:05:03 PM »
Grande Man, Good Afternoon,
                          It bothers me also that all our players going to England. But maybe if these guys carry themselves well, then the word may be out that players from the TT league are good. Then the othe Euro league may come scouting. So men may be able to go Italy and Spain too. The only problem with that is we don't get as much news from these countries, especially about the lower divisions. But you can't blame these guys. When opportunities knocks, take it by the hand and run like a rabbit.

1]; } ?>