April 19, 2024, 10:14:01 AM

Author Topic: Jabloteh pair off on Millwall trials.  (Read 12490 times)

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jabloteh pair off on Millwall trials.
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2007, 03:58:44 PM »
my only reservation is that Millwall have a very significant BNP (read racist) following...

well, i'm not an expert on millwall, but  once upon a time, as you know,"big" chelsea  was notorious for that.
  my point being that millwall , a club not as"big" as chelsea , may soon overlook the presence of black players on their team  - at least the racist fans - especially should they get tru and perform even better afterwards.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 04:01:06 PM by legal alien »

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2007, 04:48:25 PM »
i have lived most of my life in UK and i have been a longtime Chelsea fan. Me eh no Abramovich-era waggonist  ;D

You are 100% correct that Chelsea had a notorious skinhead National Front following. This was especially so back in the 70s and 80s. I was present when Chelsea's first black player made his debut as a sub. I think it was an away match at Fulham and the player concerned was Paul Canonville. When he came on he was booed by his own "fans", it was truly disgusting. I also remember traveling to every home game and seeing National Front supporters handing out leaflets in Fulham Road. Again it was a disgusting sight and you may ask why i supported a team with such a following. Well thankfully that racist following was a MINORITY. A sizeable one but still a minority. You are also correct that over the decades that large racist following at Chelsea has for the most part either died out or moved on to other clubs. Chelsea fans today are more known as being the "prawn sandwich" brigade :D

major difference between Chelsea's following and Millwalls is that Millwall's following has always been largely from their local community ie Millwall, the Docklands and that wonderful part of London called the Isle of Dogs. It's a rough part of town, in fact it's a shithole, and has always been a stronghold of support for the BNP during local elections

Chelsea on the other hand is one of the richest and most expensive parts of London. Even a simple garage to park a car will sell for something like £80,000. And Chelsea fans are from all over, mainly the Home Counties like Hertfordshire and Buckhamshire etc.

i'm sorry to say that in my opinion, the Millwall local community is, was, and will continue to be, very very racist :(
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2007, 05:28:48 PM »
But Jay even though what your saying is completly right they do have ALOT of Black Players in their Youth Ranks, two of their biggest players from the youth team would of been but they messed it up for themselves by being rowdy peckham youths ::)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2007, 12:02:11 PM »
Good Afternoon Guys. Wha you saying Coop,
Coming back to the Stadium issue. We have them, then we should use them to the fullest.  Coop is right when he says that in we time we use to cry we want a stadium, we want facilities, look at JA this, look at Cuba that, look at the US, look at the East German, look at the Eastern block with all they medals. Now we have the facilities, it to far. But this govt or which govt come in the future has the opportunity to make livible development around these facilities with proper access roads and parking at these facilities to be worth all the money that was spent on them.
         Deeks i don't know if you remember why they stop playing Football in King George V Park and also why they never put lights in the Oval,the people living in the area complained,it created a big issue and Football was then moved to PSA.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2007, 10:11:30 AM »
W Connection duo finally off to Belgium       
Sunday, 18 February 2007 
By Randy Bando...

www.ttproleague.com

Vibe CT 105 W Connection’s Matthew Bartholomew and Aaron Downing have left Trinidad on a three-year contract with Royal White Star Woluwe FC of Belgium’s third division League.

According to assistant Coach of the ‘Savonnetta Boys’, Ben Davies, the youngsters are officially contracted with English Premiership Club Sheffield United and have been placed on loan to the Belgium Club who the English Club have interests with, so that they can later earn their European passports and be able to play in England.

Both Trinidad and Tobago under-20 players, Matthew Bartholomew and Aaron Downing are products of the W Connection youth system and the both players also represented W Connection’s senior team in the Pro League in 2006 and are now in very high spirits on their three-year European contact.

Although not knowing much about the Belgium Club, White Star Woluwe FC, both players are already committed and are looking forward to a brighter future.

Speaking with ‘ttproleague.com’ moments before their departure Bartholomew said, “I have worked hard for something like this and now it’s time for me to go and do my best. I don’t know much about the Belgium Club but I know that they are in the third division and it would be great to help them win the League and get promoted, so this would be part of my plans with the Club,” said the 2006 under-18 Pro League Youth Player of the Year.

Bartholomew now 18 years old hopes to be playing in England with one of the Premiership Clubs before his three years is up at White Star Woluwe FC.

Meanwhile 19-year-old Aaron Downing is now looking to erase the memories of 2005 when he broke his leg on a trial with Scottish Club Falkirk FC forcing him back home.

“I have been waiting a while now on an opportunity like this to come again after my failure to earn a contract with Falkirk FC in 2005 when I broke my leg on trial.”

“I have earned this contract now and I am looking forward to making the best of it. In Belgium I would like to help White Star Woluwe FC get promoted to the second division, and I also want to continue to grow as a player,” said Downing who is also eying the Premiership before his three year contract ends.

“This is a platform for me and I am going to do my best to go on and play with Sheffield in the Premiership,” ended the W Connection player.

Assistant coach Ben Davies of Vibe CT 105 W Connection who will accompany the players on the trip told ‘ttproleague.com’, “This is a great opportunity for both Matthew and Aaron and knowing what it’s like to leave your country I am traveling with them to make sure they settle in and the transition runs smoothly,” said the Manchester born W Connection assistant coach.
“We were able to secure these contracts through our contacts at Sheffield United who also have interests in Belgium and in Europe.”

Davies also explained the reason why both players where chosen, “Matthew and Aaron have been the leading young players at W Connection and in Trinidad and Tobago football. Matthew has been the top goal scorer at youth levels with W Connection and we see the talent of both players who have been playing with our team for about five years now. I hope that they make a name for themselves in Europe and open doors for more of our players and Trinidad and Tobago footballers in general,” added Davies.

Davies is expected to return to Trinidad on the 24th before leaving for Mexico to meet up with the W Connection senior team under head coach Stuart Charles Fervier as they get ready to take on Mexican champions Chivas in the second leg of the CONCACAF Club Championship quarterfinal round.

W Connection will go into the return leg in Mexico leading 2:1 on aggregate after defeating the Mexican Club 2-1 at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium in the first leg of the home and away tie.

Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2007, 10:22:51 AM »
Great news. On the other hand, without knowing how good these guys are, I sometimes wonder if our players get a raw deal because they have agents that just shipping them to the first bidder without caring about where the best place for their development is. I understand the idea that you do have to start somewhere, and maybe these fellas not good enough to even make a Millwall reserve team ??? but allyuh doh ask how someone of Carlos potential was playing at Wrexham? Or why fellas like Leonson Lewis and Latapy had to pay so much dues in the Portuguese 2nd division for years when everyone around them knew..and as they proved, they should have been in the 1st division from day 1. The right agent is paramount...look at Daryll Roberts. Despite his potential, the wrong agent would have had him at trials at some 2nd division team in Northern Ireland. Anyone feel like our players generally need better representation ?

i also share this point of view, however we are getting better agents now for the players, and darryl is an example that we have players who could make it in the top leagues, fellahs in local ball never had good agents, now we are gettin better in terms of representation, if latas had a good agent, he would have been in serie a or la liga from time, but bad reppin keep him in portugal, however this trend is changing.. what i am seeing is players from tt are starting 2 realize dey need good agents, findin a good agent is very hard 2 find...

God is de BOSS....

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2007, 11:41:06 AM »
i have lived most of my life in UK and i have been a longtime Chelsea fan. Me eh no Abramovich-era waggonist  ;D

You are 100% correct that Chelsea had a notorious skinhead National Front following. This was especially so back in the 70s and 80s. I was present when Chelsea's first black player made his debut as a sub. I think it was an away match at Fulham and the player concerned was Paul Canonville. When he came on he was booed by his own "fans", it was truly disgusting. I also remember traveling to every home game and seeing National Front supporters handing out leaflets in Fulham Road. Again it was a disgusting sight and you may ask why i supported a team with such a following. Well thankfully that racist following was a MINORITY. A sizeable one but still a minority. You are also correct that over the decades that large racist following at Chelsea has for the most part either died out or moved on to other clubs. Chelsea fans today are more known as being the "prawn sandwich" brigade :D

major difference between Chelsea's following and Millwalls is that Millwall's following has always been largely from their local community ie Millwall, the Docklands and that wonderful part of London called the Isle of Dogs. It's a rough part of town, in fact it's a shithole, and has always been a stronghold of support for the BNP during local elections

Chelsea on the other hand is one of the richest and most expensive parts of London. Even a simple garage to park a car will sell for something like £80,000. And Chelsea fans are from all over, mainly the Home Counties like Hertfordshire and Buckhamshire etc.

i'm sorry to say that in my opinion, the Millwall local community is, was, and will continue to be, very very racist :(

I agree with you - unless Millwall become a Premiership club, the racist element isn't going anywhere. Whether or not the entire team is black, their fans will still be racist.

Probably even worse than the racism is the incessant threat of violence - the massive police presence required around Bermondsey and London Bridge for Millwall's home games is ridiculous.

Millwall was, is, and probably always will be a $hit club. The worst fans in the country in one of the worst areas in the country. Nobody likes Millwall. Hopefully these youngsters move on from there quickly.

PS - I'm surprised they want Trinis playing for them - they probably still having nightmares of Stern knocking dem out of Championship playoffs!  Plenty rioting went down after dat game. :devil:

1]; } ?>