April 26, 2024, 12:48:30 AM

Author Topic: Champion Coach Mc Comie out.  (Read 9665 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Champion Coach Mc Comie out.
« on: February 23, 2007, 12:40:45 PM »
...Cubans take over the Eastern Lions. 
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague.com).
[/size]

TT Pro League Coach of the Year Michael Mc Comie of the 2006 Pro League Champions B Mobile Joe Public will no longer be in charge of the Macoya based team as he is expected to take up duties with the national Olympic team ahead of the upcoming 2008 Olympic qualifiers.
It is confirmed that Cuban Coaches Domingo Hernandez and Manuel Rodriguez will take charge of the ‘Eastern Lions’ for the 2007 season.
According to the owner of the Club Mr. Jack Warner, both Domingo Hernandez and Manuel Rodriguez are expected to arrive in Trinidad on Tuesday ahead of the team’s preparation for the 2007 Pro League season.
Mc Comie who led the ‘Eastern Lions’ to the Pro League title in 2006 has been appointed assistant coach to Dutchman Jan Van Diesen  who is also the assistant coach to the Trinidad and Tobago national head Coach Wim Rijsbergen.
Owner of the Pro League Club and FIFA Vice President Jack Warner confirmed to ‘ttproleague.com’ the move by his league winning coach.
“Mc Comie has been elevated to the national Olympic team as an assistant to Jan Van Diesen and they will both start working with the team for the Olympic qualifiers later this year. The plan really, is to allow him to gain the experience at this level, before he returns to the Club,” confirmed Mr. Warner.
The qualifiers for the 2008 Olympics in Beijing China begin in September of this year for the Trinidad and Tobago team, but no date has been confirmed yet as to when the local team would begin training.
Technical Director of the ‘Eastern Lions’ Keith Lookloy now believes the Club’s decision to hire the Cuban coaches Domingo Hernandez and Manuel Rodriguez was the right decision.
Speaking with ‘ttproleague.com’ Lookloy said, “I have known these two coaches for many years while working with FIFA. They have good local and international records in Cuba. They have the national team experience at the under-17 level to the Olympic team level.”
“Domingo Hernandez would be the head coach of Joe Public for the 2007 while Manuel Rodriguez will be the assistant coach.”
“If you look at the recently concluded Digicel Caribbean Cup, the top three coaches outside of the Trinidad and Tobago team were Cuban coaches. Haiti and Cuba both had Cuban coaches.”
“They are from the Caribbean, they know the people and our cultures and I think we have made the right decision,” ended Lookloy.
According to Technical Director Keith Lookloy, both coaches are contracted for the 2007 season with an option to renew for the 2008 season.
Grayson joins Joe Public coaching staff.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague.com).

Former CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh youth Coach Michael Grayson, has joined the technical ranks of 2006 League Champions B Mobile Joe Public ahead of the 2007 season as part of their coaching upgrade.
Grayson whose contract ended in December with the San Juan based team previously told ‘ttproleague.com’ the major reason for him leaving the club is that he was reinstated as a teacher at the Curepe Junior Secondary School and would not have been able to make a full time commitment to the club and so the board of directors at San Juan Jabloteh the Club where he was employed for two years took the decision not to renew his contract.
The school teacher confirmed his move telling ‘ttproleague.com’, “I am with Joe Public this season but as coach of their reserve team as far as I understand. I am not with the senior or youth team under-17; I’m just with the reserve team and my first day on the job with the ‘Eastern Lions’ started on the February 7,” confirmed the former San Juan Jabloteh youth Technical Director.
He went on to explain his reason for joining the Macoya based team saying, “I am back as a school teacher with Curepe Junior Secondary and I can’t commit to any Professional Club team full time like what they wanted me to do at Jabloteh. I decided to join Joe Public because it’s the closest team on the East West corridor and I would only be working with the reserve team,” said Michael Grayson.
The former Arima Senior Comprehensive school teacher also said he is committed as the coach of the Secondary Schools football champions St Augustine Senior Comprehensive.
Technical Director of the Macoya based Club, Keith Look Loy confirmed Grayson’s move to the ‘Eastern Lions saying, “Yes, Grayson is now a member of the Joe Public coaching staff and is working with the reserve team.”
“When I took over the job of Technical Director of the Club back in April of 2006 my job was clear. I am about promoting player development and this is my reason for upgrading our coaching staff with proven winners.”
“Michael Grayson is one of our greatest local developmental coaches. He is also the 2006 SSFL League winning coach with St. Augustine and it is great that we have him at the Club to work with our under-20 players in the reserve team,” said Lookloy.
The 2006 Pro League Champions Technical Director also revealed another champion coach has joined his staff ahead of the 2007 season.
“The 2006 SSFL Intercol winning Coach, Keith Jeffrey who coached San Juan Senior Comprehensive is now the under-15 coach of Joe Public while former national defender Derek King will continue as Coach of the under-17 team.”
“Another addition to our club is the Trinidad and Tobago national women’s coach Marlon Charles who has rejoined us as the women’s team coach.”
As to how long the coaches would be contracted with the 2006 League Champions Lookloy said, “These are proven coaches and we have no plans of replacing them in the future. But for now I would say they are contracted on a one year basis and I predict they would stay with the club much longer,” ended the ‘Eastern Lions’ Technical Director.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 12:46:35 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Champion Coach Mc Comie out.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 12:45:39 PM »
It is confirmed that Cuban Coaches Domingo Hernandez and Manuel Rodriguez will take charge of the ‘Eastern Lions’ for the 2007 season.

Why two coaches to replace one? Like dey taking ah page outta Sweden book.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 12:49:34 PM »
they better win everything this year with two coach, you know what they say two heads are better than one  :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 12:51:37 PM »
they better win everything this year with two coach, you know what they say two heads are better than one  :rotfl: :rotfl:
yeah they also so to many cooks spoil the food!!
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 01:08:12 PM »
Allyuh, Derek King is now ah coach..... who de flick he know boy ? like he catch Jack in some slackness and holding something over he head.

FIFA paying all them coaches Joe Public hire I'm sure.

Joe Public playing in Adidas half de sponsor money from we national team get gone there.

Out of all them coach they hire only Michael Grayson I respect, de rest is shit, especially Keith Look Loy....

Jack Warner is a real business man and he is a great politican.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 01:09:17 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 01:10:28 PM »
Allyuh, Derek King is now ah coach..... who de flick he know boy ? like he catch Jack in some slackness and holding something over he head.

Joe Public playing in Adidas half de sponsor money from we national team get gone there.

Out of all them coach they hire only Michael Grayson I respect, de rest is shit, especially Keith Look Loy....

wah level derek coaching? wah madness is this.
grayson is a good coach but like to many other trini coaches he does mix up in o much favoritism
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Papasmurf

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://footballawayoflife.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 01:27:36 PM »
Derek King a coach? Wasnt he supposed to be the next great hope in Defense for the senior national team. He was a pretty good central defender. And if my memory serves me right he wore the armband for a couple of matches correct? I just find it strange that he dissappear just so just so....

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 01:31:52 PM »
Derek King a coach? Wasnt he supposed to be the next great hope in Defense for the senior national team. He was a pretty good central defender. And if my memory serves me right he wore the armband for a couple of matches correct? I just find it strange that he dissappear just so just so....
dereck was good but sometimes inconsistent(i know i know alot of players are).

derek got alot better since i played agaisnt him in intercol but after a while his level of skill became stagnant. and i eh think he was argressive enough as a central defender.
i eh know..but to me it seemed he couldnt raise his level any further.
i havent heard about him for a couple of year so i eh knwo nutin since then. but he was a good defender.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 01:32:54 PM »
I Hear he get a bad injury
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 02:59:49 PM »
“Mc Comie has been elevated to the national Olympic team as an assistant to Jan Van Diesen and they will both start working with the team for the Olympic qualifiers later this year. The plan really, is to allow him to gain the experience at this level, before he returns to the Club,” confirmed Mr. Warner.

I  tink  it suppose to be other way around ??  he gain experience through local coaching them move up..... again friend friend thing again...

wha ever happen to brian haynes wha he in the dog house ah wha...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 03:07:16 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 03:10:02 PM »
I Hear he get a bad injury

Doh study dem fellas, Derek got a bad injury on his knee and he needed an operation on it. He had to sort it out and the knee is out of shape(long and short legs) apparently. He is now effectively retired as a comeback is out of the question.

He is Jack boy, so he has a job at the club, nothing wrong with that; as he is continuing to work in the game.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 03:32:42 PM »
I am extremely happy for Mc Comie. He has been knocking on the doors for a while now. Happy he got his chance. I hope he makes good use of it.

Sam, what level Derek King coaching at? Just the other day this guy was our young star center back and just so he fall of the rador.

The life of a footballer...it's a weird one!!

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 04:15:11 PM »
Sam, what level Derek King coaching at?

He is Joe Public U-17 team coach.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 04:40:14 PM »
Wim Better look out... yuh know when JW bring in foreign coaches at Public... de next thing dey does end up national Head coach..... :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2007, 04:58:59 PM »
Wim Better look out... yuh know when JW bring in foreign coaches at Public... de next thing dey does end up national Head coach..... :rotfl: :rotfl:

De only way Wim go geh fire  :flamethrower:  is if Wim insist dat he want Stern, Jones, Birchall, Theobald, Scotland, Gray and dem on de team for Gold Cup and Jackula tell him no, insisting dat all ah dem is "tr tr tr tr tr traitothh" and that "Trinidath football muth move on".

Warriors, doh ease up. Buss da net tomorrow and seal de case! >:(
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 05:02:18 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2007, 07:10:48 PM »
Congrats to McComiie...makes yuh moves breddah  :applause:
Yuh makin Grovie proud
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2007, 07:52:27 PM »
The Olympic team have a coach it is already half past too late but as a sucker for punishment when the qualifiers starting.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2007, 09:53:09 PM »

grayson is a good coach but like to many other trini coaches he does mix up in o much favoritism

As a former player for Mike Grayson, I ask the question, can you give an example of favoritism?  I played for him for 3 years and I never saw it.  Therefore, maybe I can be enlightened?
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2007, 11:00:33 PM »

De only way Wim go geh fire  :flamethrower:  is if Wim insist dat he want Stern, Jones, Birchall, Theobald, Scotland, Gray and dem on de team for Gold Cup and Jackula tell him no, insisting dat all ah dem is "tr tr tr tr tr traitothh" and that "Trinidath football muth move on".

Warriors, doh ease up. Buss da net tomorrow and seal de case! >:(
:rotfl: :rotfl: Well yes ;D
Two islands are better than one.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2007, 10:19:35 AM »

As a former player for Mike Grayson, I ask the question, can you give an example of favoritism?  I played for him for 3 years and I never saw it.  Therefore, maybe I can be enlightened?

U were probably starting and not warming bench so u cant see the favoritism... ;)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2007, 05:04:43 PM »
sam...why cant derrick king be a coach ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>