April 27, 2024, 05:20:27 AM

Author Topic: I eh know when last I've felt this insulted!  (Read 3910 times)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
I eh know when last I've felt this insulted!
« on: February 26, 2007, 10:17:54 PM »
Watch nah tings real real bad in this country!

Ah start off the evening happy happy like pappy with Flex reporting that everything looking good for Connection's visa issues, and I still had lingering good vibes from the 95.5 FM interview suggestive of allegedly positive developments with the impasse.......until I read this article( below) with hidden author (please tell me is not Shaun Fuentes !!) and picture showing a mega bucks big business deal with Jackula signing as part of presumably 3 parties (1). IMC (abbreviation explained).....(2). Sportsmax (identity explained)......and (3). so-called JDI casually mentioned as if it is common lingo as say CNN. It was a glaring, intentional and disrespectful omission that seems to reek of secrecy and conspiracy to under-report. I have never seen such vile, putrid-smelling, smokescreen journalism than this!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( Is de worst! The article goes on and on and is only JDI, JDI every time like is outta style. Ah almost rename this article Return of the JEDI JDI

Let me tell you something, if this is the same patriotic love-de-socawarriors Shaun who has boosted the morale of forumites here with his generous digital pictures and stories, then despite all good that was presumably done before by him, this would then be, (if true that he wrote this), the ultimate dissapointment.... and would suggest that the cancer of corruption / nepotism /cronyism is not just geyyin' a touch of  the supposedly young innocent ones around us, but devouring them whole and men are prepared to sell dey soul, not in secret, but wide in de open, brandishing dey intent loudly with articles that make no attempt to hide the sinister motive

Sickening!   >:(  Even if it is not Shaun Fuentes, then Lord help us still. Shaun Fuentes, at least we thought we knew you.... please say this is not you  :'(.

Flex, Tallman, palos.. I'm sorry. ............this cyah work.

Lasana are you there? Help!!  I cyar take this!   :frustrated: :frustrated:

If somebody could show that this was somehow just an innocent careless omission with nothing sinister then I will try to cool it.

-------------------------------------------------

JDI AGREES FIFA W/CUP DEAL WITH IMC ... Region to see the matches on SportsMax
http://www.socawarriorstt.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=910&Itemid=2

International Media Content Limited (IMC), parent company of regional sports cable channel SportsMax, announced today an agreement with the JDI for the broadcast rights to a comprehensive soccer programming package from 2007 through 2014, which will include the 2010 FIFA World Cup South AfricaTM and the 2014 FIFA World CupTM and will begin with the broadcast of this year’s FIFA Under-17 and Under-20 World Cups.

“Football continues to enjoy significant popularity and growth in the Caribbean, widely recognized as the #1 participation and watched sport in the region. The JDI’S objective is to ensure that we utilise the best technology and platform available to bring the beautiful game to our football loving television audience across the entire region,” said CFU President Jack Warner, who negotiated the deal on behalf of JDI, “IMC is the ideal partner for JDI not only in terms of its proven ability to deliver the programming across the Caribbean but also due to its strong experience, position and commitment to the world’s most cherished sport.”

In addition to the 2010 FIFA World Cup South AfricaTM and the 2014 FIFA World CupTM, FIFA properties included in the agreement through 2014 are the FIFA Men’s U-20 and U-17, the FIFA Confederations Cup (played in the year prior to the World Cups), the Women’s World Cup as well as the CONCACAF Gold Cup. As it did for the FIFA 2006 World Cup GermanyTM, IMC will act as host broadcaster in the Caribbean for FIFA properties through 2014.

“This is another big step for IMC in our goal of remaining the leading provider of sports content in the Caribbean,” said Patrick Rousseau, IMC’s Chairman. “Our successful experience from the transmission of the FIFA 2006 World Cup GermanyTM to approximately 40 million households in the Caribbean in three languages was unprecedented and will be very valuable as we bring even more FIFA football content to the Caribbean over the next 8 years. Without a doubt, IMC is the best positioned to bring high quality coverage of the region’s most popular sport to watch and play to the viewing audiences around the Caribbean.”

The agreement between the JDI and IMC includes broadcasting rights to 29 countries in the Caribbean and will require IMC to distribute the FIFA properties in English, Spanish and French. A key tenet of the agreement is that the FIFA 2010 and 2014 World Cup tournaments be broadcast on free-to-air television or the widest possible broadcast platform available in each territory to maximize viewership.

“This represents a phenomenal day for football in the Caribbean,” said Oliver McIntosh, President and CEO of IMC subsidiary SportsMax Limited. “The partnership between the JDI and IMC means that the Caribbean television audience will see more football over the next eight years than ever before, further increasing the popularity of the sport. Together with the JDI, we have started producing local football matches that were never done before allowing the abundance of talent that we have here in the Caribbean to be seen across the Caribbean and into the rest of the world. With many of the region’s teams likely to participate in the FIFA tournaments included in this agreement, the Caribbean audience can be assured that they will not miss any of the action. In combination with regional broadcasters, SportsMax will definitely play a role in continuing to satisfy the football appetite of our people.”

For specific tournaments, full broadcast partners in each territory and programming details will be made available as soon as possible.  (February 26, 2007.Photo attached shows Warner signing an agreement with IMC chairman Patrick Rousseau, IMC deputy chairman Philip Martin and SportsMax President and CEO Oliver McIntosh (behind) looking on at CONCACAF Office, Port of Spain on Monday. Second photo includes CFU consultant Cheryl Abrams in the group)

About International Media Content (IMC)
IMC is incorporated in St. Lucia and is the 100% owner of SportsMax Limited (“SportsMax”). IMC’s primary business is the acquisition of television and radio broadcasting rights for international, regional and local sporting events. IMC was the official host broadcaster in the Caribbean for the FIFA 2006 World Cup Germany in the Caribbean.

Rights currently owned by IMC for the Caribbean include English Premier League and FA Cup Football, 2010 and 2014 FIFA World Cups, COPA America senior, FIFA Under-20 and Under-17 2007 tournaments and Gold Cups; international cricket consisting of West Indies overseas tours and the home series played in England, South Africa, Australia, Sri Lanka and New Zealand as well as regional and Jamaican cricket; international rugby and track & field as well as other major sporting events.

About SportsMax
SportsMax began broadcasting on cable in Jamaica in 2002 and launched its service via satellite in October 2005. The Channel is transmitted regionally to over 19 territories in the Caribbean, recently launching in Trinidad & Tobago (November 2006) and Barbados (March 2007) SportsMax’s strategy is to focus on content that the regional market desires, marrying regional sports content with the most popular international content available.

SportsMax has broadcast some of the most prestigious competitions worldwide, namely the Euro 2008 Qualifiers, the English Premier League and FA Cup, West Indies away Tours, English, Australian, South African and Sri Lankan cricket, Copa America, and the CONCACAF Gold Cup to name a few.

Visit SportsMax on the web at www.sportsmax.tv.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 10:48:14 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I eh know when last I've felt this insulted!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 10:37:06 PM »
So the question is who or what is JDI?  Ah smelling something with a bad odor!  Can someone bring the perfume?
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 11:41:30 PM »
I find you real disparaging Mr.Fuentes considering that there's nothing to indicate that he's the source of this info.

Get a grip breds  ::) .

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 12:43:51 AM »
So the question is who or what is JDI?  Ah smelling something with a bad odor!  Can someone bring the perfume?

sweet and stink doh mix......
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 04:29:02 AM »
the thing is no matter how much cologne you use, it still remains $#!T,
pure unadulterated BULL$#!T
Jackula strikes again

check a thread by Flex that may have some info on the parties involved
here
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 05:46:04 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 05:39:56 AM »
Mih eh commenting till ah know who write de article and who/what does JDI stand for??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 06:33:14 AM »
Mih eh commenting till ah know who write de article and who/what does JDI stand for??

The question of the day
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 06:34:50 AM »
i now reading d article i was really wonder what jackulla was doing signing agreement, then i realize what goin. >:(
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 06:45:45 AM »
Please find out who wrote it............

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 07:11:49 AM »
JD International (JDI) strangely enough if its a company i cant seem to find it anywhere on the net. i found one company name JD international but its a  theater company selling carpets and curtains lol ???

Youtube Channel

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 07:20:37 AM »
how bout this one in Jamaica?

"Jamaica Digiport International Limited (JDI) is a telecommunications company located in the Montego Bay Free Zone. Established in February 1988. JDI is licensed to provide advanced voice and data communication services to companies in the information technology industry in the Jamaican Free Zones engaged in the businesses of data entry, telemarketing, reservations and information processing.

JDI offers communication services to North America at rates competitive with US Tier 1 carriers. The concentration of JDI in its niche market has allowed the company to strategically focus on expanding and improving the quality of services provided to meet international standards. JDI's technical expertise, along with its years of experience in the industry are significant value added benefits that assure superior quality of service and agility for customers' business

Included in JDI's network is a Nortel DMS 100/200 switch equipped to provide ACD & Centrex services. JDI partners with Cable and Wireless Jamaica Limited to provide High-Speed Internet and International Private Line services across its resilient and fully digital transmission network. International connectivity is achieved via the CJFS/Maya 1 submarine cable system.

JDI stands ready to support the government in its thrust to develop the export informatics industry in Jamaica. To this end, the company has committed, to provide telecommunications services to emergent free trade zones across Jamaica at the same price that prevails in the Monego Bay Free Trade Zone."
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 07:32:51 AM »
how bout this one in Jamaica?

"Jamaica Digiport International Limited (JDI) is a telecommunications company located in the Montego Bay Free Zone. Established in February 1988. JDI is licensed to provide advanced voice and data communication services to companies in the information technology industry in the Jamaican Free Zones engaged in the businesses of data entry, telemarketing, reservations and information processing.

JDI offers communication services to North America at rates competitive with US Tier 1 carriers. The concentration of JDI in its niche market has allowed the company to strategically focus on expanding and improving the quality of services provided to meet international standards. JDI's technical expertise, along with its years of experience in the industry are significant value added benefits that assure superior quality of service and agility for customers' business

Included in JDI's network is a Nortel DMS 100/200 switch equipped to provide ACD & Centrex services. JDI partners with Cable and Wireless Jamaica Limited to provide High-Speed Internet and International Private Line services across its resilient and fully digital transmission network. International connectivity is achieved via the CJFS/Maya 1 submarine cable system.

JDI stands ready to support the government in its thrust to develop the export informatics industry in Jamaica. To this end, the company has committed, to provide telecommunications services to emergent free trade zones across Jamaica at the same price that prevails in the Monego Bay Free Trade Zone."

Company seems to have money to support this kind of deal and is in telecommunications  :'(  hmm could this be the one. ???
Youtube Channel

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 07:49:44 AM »
JDI: Jack Doing it  :)

is it "JDI" or "The JDI" ??

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 08:00:49 AM »
JDI, Jack -Darren Inc ??? ??? ???
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2007, 09:13:15 AM »
like yuh have yuh court clothes ready sah!...call man name jes so.....

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 12:01:50 PM »
About International Media Content (IMC)
IMC is incorporated in St. Lucia and is the 100% owner of SportsMax Limited (“SportsMax”). IMC’s primary business is the acquisition of television and radio broadcasting rights for international, regional and local sporting events. IMC was the official host broadcaster in the Caribbean for the FIFA 2006 World Cup Germany in the Caribbean.

Rights currently owned by IMC for the Caribbean include English Premier League and FA Cup Football, 2010 and 2014 FIFA World Cups, COPA America senior, FIFA Under-20 and Under-17 2007 tournaments and Gold Cups; international cricket consisting of West Indies overseas tours and the home series played in England, South Africa, Australia, Sri Lanka and New Zealand as well as regional and Jamaican cricket; international rugby and track & field as well as other major sporting events.

About SportsMax
SportsMax began broadcasting on cable in Jamaica in 2002 and launched its service via satellite in October 2005. The Channel is transmitted regionally to over 19 territories in the Caribbean, recently launching in Trinidad & Tobago (November 2006) and Barbados (March 2007) SportsMax’s strategy is to focus on content that the regional market desires, marrying regional sports content with the most popular international content available.

SportsMax has broadcast some of the most prestigious competitions worldwide, namely the Euro 2008 Qualifiers, the English Premier League and FA Cup, West Indies away Tours, English, Australian, South African and Sri Lankan cricket, Copa America, and the CONCACAF Gold Cup to name a few.

Visit SportsMax on the web at www.sportsmax.tv.

What funny is that they gave us info on the companies we already know about and nothing about the new one. Talk about treating readers like they ignorant.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2007, 12:01:54 AM »
But what allyuh getting on so for ?
Everybody know Jackula buy the TV rights for CONCACAF for 1$ some years ago.
And so what if Shaun write this article ? For chrise sakes the man is TTFF press officer , he jus doing his job !!!

Allyuh jus like bacchanal.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 12:24:31 AM »
So where is the local media to ask questions and get clarifications?  Isn't that the rols of the media -   to help inform and educate the public?  Here we are, all speculating and none the wiser while you have a set a newspaper and TV journalists who cannot, or would not, ask the relevant questions.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2007, 10:40:54 AM »
Maybe Peter O'Connor can help soving the JDA mystery?  Ah ah ah ah was jeth wonderin'........thorry :-\ ?

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2007, 11:17:55 AM »
pft... none of you saw this comiing?

stewps... I just cant wait to see the J.W. fan base of idiots attempt to defend him on this one.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2007, 10:43:21 AM »
I take it that NOBODY knows what the "JDA" stands for?  >:( >:(   Haayahyay!!!  >:(

:waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: ....................................  :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

1]; } ?>