April 19, 2024, 06:55:14 PM

Author Topic: TTFF suspends its football programs!  (Read 37200 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFF suspends its football programs!
« on: March 06, 2007, 03:47:03 PM »
TTFF suspends its football programs!
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Due to a lack of financial support towards this country’s National Football program, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation has been forced to suspend all football related activities pertaining to National Teams with immediate effect until further notice.
This was the revelation coming from the TTFF on Tuesday as its General Secretary Richard Groden confirmed that the only program which will continue is that of the National Under 17 team which, following months of preparation, will go into a CONCACAF Final round of qualification towards the FIFA Under 17 World Championship, a tournament once hosted by T&T in 2001. The T&T Under 17 team also faces world champions Mexico in a friendly at the Ato Boldon Stadium today.
All programs relating to the National Senior Team has also come to a standstill and the TTFF has informed CONCACAF Head Offices in New York to be on standby for search of a replacement team. The draw for that event takes place today in New York and the event organizers and by extent the region has been high in anticipation of having the “Soca Warriors” as one of the competing teams, even citing them as one of the favorites following its brave and commendable performance at the 2006 World Cup.
The TTFF has long benefited from the generous support of Special Advisor and financier Jack Warner and after continuing promises from the Government of Trinidad and Tobago to assist in the funding of national programs. This includes the payment of salaries of National Team Senior Coach Wim Rijsbergen and Jan Van Deinsen and other members of staff which is yet to become a practice dating back to initial promises by Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs Mr. Roger Boynes and his Government since July 2006.
The salaries of the coaches, amounting to close to US$100,000 per month has been paid by Warner despite several promises from time to time by the Government that they would fit the bill. This and the other related programs have come to a standstill until assistance is offered by the Government or corporate body(s) coming out of the many which jumped on the bandwagon for the 2006 World Cup but have since slipped off.
The TTFF notes that dating back to July, the Government promised to second the Ato Boldon Stadium as a training facility for national teams, provide a hotel, as well as meet the salaries of the coaches, prompting Warner to agree that he would pay their salaries until the end of October 2006. Time elapsed without any concrete development from the Government and Warner continued to finance.
Warner held a meeting with the coaching staff last Thursday, informing them that he would be ending all payments of salaries. According to the TTFF , Boynes acknowledged receipt of a letter of request for assistance dated November 11, 2006, saying that a budget would be sent to Cabinet for approval.
In a letter to Boynes on November 11, Warner stated: “I write to confirm what was verbally advised to you by me earlier, regarding remuneration of the technical squad of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation, in which context I declared my inability to continue personal funding of salaries and other expenses for this Division after September 30, 2006. Since I have again paid October’s salaries and other related expenses, I again wish to advise you of my inability to continue after October 31, 2006.
“As you are aware, I have been underwriting this aspect of TTFF expenditure for some considerable time, solely in the interest of ensuring preparation of our country’s teams enjoyed optimal assistance. Results have been more than encouraging and, like you, I wouldn’t wish to see any slippage in this regard, but the level of personal financial support that brought us to this juncture can no longer be sustained by me.” Also submitted by the TTFF was a tabulation of the various and cumulative expenses incurred by the technical squad on a monthly basis.

Boynes’ response to that TTFF letter came on December 1, 2006 and read:

“Please be advised that following the submission of the budget prepared by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation, a budget to take the country to 2010, a development plan was requested of TTFF to facilitate the due consideration to Cabinet. At the behest of TTFF, this Ministry has been working with Assistant Coach Anton Corneal (also TTFF Youth Development Officer) on this matter and he has recently provided the proposed development plan. This plan is being reviewed by the Ministry and will be forwarded to Cabinet for its consideration in one week’s time. It is expected to be determined in the shortest possible time,” Boynes stated in his written response to the TTFF on December 1, 2006.
Nothing transpired, prompting a second letter from Warner on December 18 after he again paid salaries, this time for the month of November.
Part of it read : “Owing to the inactivity of your Ministry on this important issue I have been forced to pay salaries for the month of  November but please be advised that this is my final advice re payment of the Technical Staff that I shall discontinue such payment with effect from November 30, 2006.
The pattern continued with Boynes’ subsequent response on January 9, 2007, during this period T&T were preparing to host and partake in the Digicel Caribbean Cup which it would eventually finish runners up in with all salaries, accommodation, match fees an bonuses being paid without any assistance from the Government,
“I wish to assure you that the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs remains steadfast in its commitment to the team’s assistance,” Boynes had written on January 9. “However you would appreciate that the Assistant Coach, Mr Anton Corneal  was responsible for submitting the development plan which was still found lacking in logistical sequence.”
Boynes added that his Ministry had to “fine tune” the budget causing them to “expend considerable time and resources.”
“It is anticipated that both the budget and the plan will be forwarded to Cabinet for its consideration in approximately one week’s time and its determination will be issued to the Ministry with the utmost celerity.”
More time elapsed, the Digicel Cup was played, the National team went on tour to Central America, the National Under 17 team continued its preparations, visiting Honduras for a three-match series as well as hosting the Mexican National Under 17 team. Warner continued funding.
TTFF President Oliver Camps informed acting Minister of Sport Ms Joan Yuille-Williams of the Federation’s position as of February 27, 2007.
“Once again I am to draw to your attention the fact that with effect from January 31, 2007, Mr Jack A.Warner, Special Advisor to the TTFF, has stopped paying the salaries of the National Coaches, Wim Rijsbergen and assistant Jan Van Deinsen after numerous promises by the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, through the Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs, to pay the salaries of the members of the Technical Staff of the National Football Teams,” Camps stated, giving a reminder that Warner was the sole person paying the salaries of the coaches.
“This is therefore to merely advise of the current situation in which the National Coach and his Assistant are in a state of wonderment and are contemplating their return to their native land until further notice,” Camps wrote.
With the possibility also of the National Senior Team missing out on the CONCACAF Gold Cup, the TTFF has had to withdraw the Team from a friendly international against Chile later this month and has issued a letter of apology to the Chilean Football Authorities. The South Americans have since finalized a replacement and will instead play Brazil.
The TTFF had also requested the release of some of its overseas-based players, including Dwight Yorke, for the friendly and therefore had to send a written apology to the clubs, informing them of the team’s inability to play the international match.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 05:34:48 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
whaatt???
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF suspends its football programs!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 03:54:20 PM »
dis is ah sad day fuh T&T football   :( :( :(>:( >:( >:(
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 03:55:18 PM »
Is obviously the Government fault...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 03:56:35 PM »
OH GAWD ... why dey must hold we hostage so....??

This might be a blessing in disguise.... let Jack take all de money he want... ride off in de sunset with he cronies and lewee start over yes!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 03:57:30 PM »
And the drama continues...... ???

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 04:00:35 PM »
OK why the federation have to depend on JW our the government for money what about rising money on your own what about our sponsors we have Adidas big sponsor can’t pay the coach well let jack go maybe Camps would stop getting pay too and he will step down I know this was going to happen Wim WILL QUIT get new local coach fire him within six months and the roller coaster continues.   
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 04:02:38 PM »
Politics. Where is all the money the TTFF made from the World Cup?

I hope this move backfires and they all resign their posts. Camps especially. What worth is he anyway?

It is obvious that neither the government no all corporate entities are interested in being involved with the team while Jack has his hands in the pot.

Jackasses!!!!

TnT Patriot

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 04:03:08 PM »
“However you would appreciate that the Assistant Coach, Mr Anton Corneal  was responsible for submitting the development plan which was still found lacking in logistical sequence.”

So much behind that statement. I'd love to see this development plan.

Another round in this game of chicken. Who will blink first?

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 04:04:39 PM »
Does the federation have any elections anyway???

Time to get busy and rid ourselves of this woeful Camps regime.
TnT Patriot

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 04:09:10 PM »
Politics. Where is all the money the TTFF made from the World Cup?

I hope this move backfires and they all resign their posts. Camps especially. What worth is he anyway?

It is obvious that neither the government no all corporate entities are interested in being involved with the team while Jack has his hands in the pot.

Jackasses!!!!

Jack is TTFF biggest creditor... all de money went back in he pocket. Then he go make dem pay him for providing services via Simpauls via Center of Excellence via TV deals/rights etc... and he go turn round and LEND dem de same moeny and bawl dey owing him....
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 04:10:41 PM »
dem wah meh cuss mudda.....what kinda
shit is this..
so much people
with so much kiss meh ass money in trini...steups
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 04:19:21 PM »
OK why the federation have to depend on JW our the government for money what about rising money on your own what about our sponsors we have Adidas big sponsor can’t pay the coach well let jack go maybe Camps would stop getting pay too and he will step down I know this was going to happen Wim WILL QUIT get new local coach fire him within six months and the roller coaster continues.   
yuh 1st line was exactly what I was thinking...I wonder how many football federations (outside the caribbean) in the world does be depending on outside powers to pay the coach

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 04:24:08 PM »
When Jack pulled out of the PFL and left it for dead the Govt stepped in and Jack humbly crawled back with his team. The league is still around and little by little it is prospering. Hopefully this is our opportunity to get rid of Jack. If it is,I am willing to pay the price. Our football can only prosper without him and his cronies.

Let the chips fall where they may.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2007, 04:30:15 PM »
dem wah meh cuss mudda.....what kinda
shit is this..
so much people
with so much kiss meh ass money in trini...steups

boy I eh even angry anymore nah

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2007, 04:38:27 PM »
 :rotfl: boynes killing me with this:

“I wish to assure you that the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs remains steadfast in its commitment to the team’s assistance,” Boynes had written on January 9. “However you would appreciate that the Assistant Coach, Mr Anton Corneal  was responsible for submitting the development plan which was still found lacking in logistical sequence.

“It is anticipated that both the budget and the plan will be forwarded to Cabinet for its consideration in approximately one week’s time and its determination will be issued to the Ministry with the utmost celerity.

what he mean? ??? logic or logistics what is a logistical sequence? i thought he meant celery and had to look up that word.

sounds like gold cup on hold.

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2007, 04:49:29 PM »
and de saga continues.... steups ::) ::)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2007, 04:51:10 PM »

Why? What happen to the 6 million they get from FIFA? Doh blame the government at all.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 04:51:39 PM »
So O'Connor was hinting at this in his article last Sunday Football slowly slipping away.

:rotfl: boynes killing me with this:

“I wish to assure you that the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs remains steadfast in its commitment to the team’s assistance,” Boynes had written on January 9. “However you would appreciate that the Assistant Coach, Mr Anton Corneal  was responsible for submitting the development plan which was still found lacking in logistical sequence.

“It is anticipated that both the budget and the plan will be forwarded to Cabinet for its consideration in approximately one week’s time and its determination will be issued to the Ministry with the utmost celerity.

what he mean? ??? logic or logistics what is a logistical sequence? i thought he meant celery and had to look up that word.

I think it's Boynes fancy way of saying the TTFF can't account for how much money will be needed at what time for what purposes. In essence there was not enough accountability in the plan.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 04:58:41 PM by E-man »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2007, 04:56:35 PM »
Remember This???

Income from sponsors appears to be omitted or doctored including a deal with Adidas. In December 2005 T&TFF announced that Adidas had paid 73 million TT dollars to sponsor the team. When it came to give players their cut, the football federation said the deal was only worth 1.8 million TT dollars.

yuh hear lie that is lie!!!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2007, 05:05:29 PM »

Why? What happen to the 6 million they get from FIFA? Doh blame the government at all.

Sorry dey, I was being sarcastic, forget to indicate that.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2007, 05:12:08 PM »
Remember This???

Income from sponsors appears to be omitted or doctored including a deal with Adidas. In December 2005 T&TFF announced that Adidas had paid 73 million TT dollars to sponsor the team. When it came to give players their cut, the football federation said the deal was only worth 1.8 million TT dollars.

yuh hear lie that is lie!!!

Is not a lie. When Jack spend millions to pay for coaching staff, airline tickets, accommodation, tournament fees, etc.....how you think he gets repaid? Jack might have money, but he would be broke if all he did was spend that amount on T&T football. He ain't a bottomless pit. Of course there is an agreement to repay him with whatever funds come to the TTFF. That is why the players always get less than the numbers would suggest. There are debts to be repaid..and to be honest...I see nothing wrong with that. Except..I don't know if the numbers still add up, and I don't know if the players are made aware of what needs to be paid to JW when the time comes. You cannot have an individual spending millions of his personal money and not expect him to get it back at the first opportunity. Now..I don't know the details..so please accept this as a theory...I not defending jack...but I know he hadda be repaid somehow. I guessing that is how he gets repaid...

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2007, 05:29:30 PM »
Pure politics, the name of the game is public favor, in the eyes of the public the gov't leaving the people without their football team. THIS IS AN ELECTION YEAR PEOPLE DOH FORGET JACK IS A PART OF THE OPPOSTION PARTY.

The gov't have a responisbility that public funds be properly accounted for and the TTFF have a history of poor accoutability. Doh give them a cent until they get their house in order.

I for one will take d hurt of missing d Gold Cup if it mean that Jack and Camps go and we start fresh after with Phillips and co. Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 06:46:10 PM by g »
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2007, 05:41:02 PM »
It seems this is all tied in to the Players impasse too...maybe WIM wanted the WC players, but JW doh want them in the team..so WIM say he not going no GC with PFL players...
The drama continues...

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2007, 06:19:31 PM »
Seems as if Jack is trying to say that the problem lies with the government and not with the TTFF. What gov't in their right mind would pour money into a black hole?

TrinInfinite

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2007, 06:26:23 PM »
Its Time for ah REVOLUTION.... >:(

God is de BOSS....

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2007, 07:04:20 PM »
JW should have consulted the "demoted" TD for advice on putting their proposal together. After years of failure by the TTFF, Mr Phillips came in prepared a proposal that was accepted and funded. No questions asked because of it's clarity. Now it was Anton's turn to try and he was found wanting .... JW looking for schemers.....  :devil:
Live large and prosper!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2007, 07:10:40 PM »
what d mother fuc*%kin shit is this. i now reach home sayin let me talk some shit then i see this. wtf is this stueps this shit spoil my evening
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2007, 07:28:37 PM »
I would like to see the Govt at least pay the salaries of the technical staff and coaches, I think that at least is an agreed upon figure and none of that money should make its way to Jacks pockets.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2007, 07:30:07 PM »
We were the smallest Federation to make to the WC.

FIFA give everybody a share of the money for qualifying, we get sponsorship, they had corporate sponsors, the players get a raw deal.

All these income streams and the TTFF can't fund programs just 8 months after the WC done.

Them men should be lined up and shot.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

1]; } ?>