April 25, 2024, 01:24:47 AM

Author Topic: The Futsal Team Thread  (Read 67858 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Futsal Team Thread.
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2015, 03:13:19 PM »
T&T national Futsal screening info

Session 1

Saturday, 21st March 2015
2-8pm
Central Regional Indoor Facility, Chaguanas

Session 2

Sunday, 22nd March 2015
10-2pm
Woodbrook Youth Facility

Dress Code

Red and a white t-shirt, short black football pants, socks, sneakers and trainers.
No football boots or trainers with pegs.

For more info contact;

Clayton Morris - 756-5754
Merere Gonzales - 758-9945

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2015, 06:25:38 PM »
Former National Futsal player Brent Antoine has passed away at just 32 years old. Still active and participating in the Eastern Football Association competitions with F.C Maloney, Antoine died of meningitis on October 1st

https://www.facebook.com/csportslive/videos/1028330533885245/

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2015, 02:56:28 AM »
Money woes for TT Futsal team.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

FINANCIAL WOES are afflicting the Trinidad and Tobago men’s futsal team, according to national coach Clayton Morris.

According to Morris, the national team is supposed to participate in the CFU (Caribbean Football Union) futsal playoffs in January, but are currently hampered by a lack of funds.

During a recent interview, Morris related, “at present I have the national futsal team under my wings. It’s so sad to know that (two months) ago we shortlisted 28 players to reform the national team and (recently) I received an e-mail where the fixtures (are) set for the CFU playoffs in January from the 22nd to the 26th and the team is not in training because of a lack of funding.

Morris, captain of the 1989 Strike Squad team who missed out on qualification for the 1990 FIFA World Cup in Italy, continued, “it really hurts my heart to know that here it is we have these 28 youths, they are waiting (for information). We talk about crime and what have you but this is a tool to fight crime.

“And it’s really important for us to get the funding so we can keep the guys focused,” added Morris, who was recently inducted into the First Citizens Sports Foundation Hall of Fame. “And not only for them but you can also develop the other teams in the future. Also we have the National League that we want to get going.

“Receiving the award is really nice but I wish this award could turn into funds which I can use to get the national team up and running.” Morris was quick to admit that, “the TTFA (Trinidad and Tobago Football Association) has their situation with funding with the World Cup campaign and what have you. So I’m looking forward to the corporate sponsors, if one of them could come forward and, at least, help us with this CFU qualifying, because it’s also qualifying for the World Cup.” He continued, “after qualifying through CFU, you go to CONCACAF (qualifiers in Costa Rica next May) and, from CONCACAF you go onto the World Cup (in Colombia next September).

I’ll really look forward if the corporate sponsors could come on board and assist us, at least, with this CFU tournament.” Morris, who is currently the technical director of the University of Trinidad and Tobago (UTT) football team, spoke on his recent induction into the Hall of Fame.

“It’s really, really an honour to be given this award, moreso for the work done and moreso for the work that’s still to be done,” he related.

“It’s really an incentive. It’s like a vehicle you drive and it runs out of gasolene, and this is like coming back to the gas station, refill and ready to go again.” The former national youth team coach stated, “I received the Chaconia Medal Silver on behalf of the Strike Squad in 1988, when we qualified for the last six. This is really a milestone for me and it’s an incentive for me to go on for me.

“I’m so happy that I’m healthy enough that I still play the game, I still coach the game so there is a lot more for me to give. I’m very happy to be given this award at this point in time in my life,” he ended.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2015, 07:16:52 AM »
Very sad.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2015, 08:36:21 AM »
I wonder if th TTFA has all these funding requirements submitted to the new regime or everybody just going to the media first.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2015, 09:28:24 AM »
I wonder if th TTFA has all these funding requirements submitted to the new regime or everybody just going to the media first.

The modus operandi has typically involved media comment. Are you sure iz not the media running to the fire?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2016, 02:57:54 AM »
T&T Futsal team prepares for Caribbean Qualifiers.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

The Trinidad and Tobago National Futsal Squad is currently engaged in preparations for the 2016 Caribbean Football Union Futsal Qualifiers which will take place in Cuba from January 22nd to 26th.

The squad is in training under the watch of head coach Hutson Charles at the Central Indoor Facility in Chaguanas on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 6pm to 10pm and on Sundays from 9am to midday. The session this coming Wednesday is scheduled for UWI Spectrum in St Augustine.

T&T are in Group A alongside Antigua/Barbuda, Haiti and Guyana . T&T will play its opening game against Antigua on January 22nd, followed by Guyana (January 23rd) and Haiti on January 24th.

Group B includes St Marteen, Cuba, Guadeloupe and Jamaica.

The top two teams from the two groups will move onto the semi finals with the two finalists advancing to the CONCACAF Finals in Costa Rica in May.

Morris, a former national senior team captain, who has been at the helm of the National Futsal team at its two previous regional Futsal qualifying campaigns, described the team’s chances as quite good despite the late start to preparations.

“Preparations are behind what I would of liked and what the team should be at this stage but having said that I am very much confident we can compete well enough to defend the CFU championship,” Morris told TTFA Media.

“Twenty four of the twenty eight players have showed up on both days with enthusiasm which emphasized my point that we can go all the way despite the set backs. We expect the tournament will be very competitive but we have a strong bunch of players who are very eager to do well and we have our sights firmly set on advancing to the CONCACAF Finals at this stage,” Morris added.

The team is vying for qualification for the 2016 FIFA Futsal World Cup which will be staged in Colombia from September 10th to October 1st and will include twenty-four teams.

The CONCACAF Final round from which four team will qualify for the World Cup, will be held in Costa Rica in May.

T&T were last crowned Caribbean Futsal champions in 2008 when they defeated Haiti 6-3 at the then Concacaf Centre of Excellence in Macoya.

T&T Futsal Squad from which the final team of ten players will be selected.

Kevin Graham (GK), Adrian Perthysingh (GK), Keston Guy (GK), Javon Bourne (GK), Colin Joseph, Jerwyn Balthazar, Kerry Joseph, Anthony Small, Cyrano Glenn, Dwayne Calliste, Ako James, Ishmael Daniel, Marvin Lee, Jamel Lewil, Jameel Neptune, Ricardo Bennett, Bevon Bass, Ronald St. Louis, Kareem Perry, Nicholas Mullins, Brent Edwards, Anthony Thompson, Renato Ramlochan, Akil Stafford, Christopher Vanterpool, Rushawn Murphy, Tevin Gill, Keon Figaro.

Technical Staff

Manager – Ronald Bereton, Head Coach – Clayton Morris, Trainer/Phsiotherapist – Brent Elder, Doctor – Dr. Kerry Dollaway

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2016, 04:40:10 PM »
T&T Futsal team selected for CFU Finals.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Trinidad and Tobago’s Futsal Team to contest the Caribbean Football Union Qualifiers in Cuba this month has been finalized by Head Coach Clayton Morris.

The team includes several experienced players including goalkeeper Kevin Graham and Defence Force’s Jerwyn Balthazar, both members of the T&T team that captured the Caribbean title in 2008.

Morris who led the team to the regional title in 2008, spoke about the preparations leading up to the upcoming Championship, describing the team as a balanced one.

“Granted the short time to prepare for such a tournament we have accomplished a lot of fitness tactics but still have much more work to get back to the level that brought home the two previous CFU championships,” Morris told TTFA Media.

“What is notable is that the players have been showing a level of commitment and desire that makes up for all the shot falls which I mentioned. The final ten is made up half the squad whichwon the two titles and half first timers, added to which four are presently members of the TT Professional football league and two in the National Super League.

“The confidence in the camp is very high at the moment. Hopefully with fours days to kick off we will get more mental preparation by means of videos of games of the Concacaf teams we have to contest to gave them more knowledge of this entertaining excited sport and more importantly to qualify for the Concacaf finals later this year in Costa Rica,” Morris added.

T&T are in Group A alongside Antigua/Barbuda, Haiti and Guyana . T&T will play its opening game against Antigua on January 22nd, followed by Guyana (January 23rd) and Haiti on January 24th.

Group B includes St Marteen, Cuba, Guadeloupe and Jamaica.

The top two teams from the two groups will move onto the semi finals with the two finalists advancing to the CONCACAF Finals in Costa Rica in May.

The team is vying for qualification for the 2016 FIFA Futsal World Cup which will be staged in Colombia from September 10th to October 1st and will include twenty-four teams.

The CONCACAF Final round from which four team will qualify for the World Cup, will be held in Costa Rica in May.

T&T were last crowned Caribbean Futsal champions in 2008 when they defeated Haiti 6-3 at the then Concacaf Centre of Excellence in Macoya.

T&T 10-man Futsal Squad

(1)   Kevin Graham  GK

(2)  Adrian Pirthysingh GK

(3) Ako James

(4)  Jerwyn Balthazar

(5)  Cyrano Glenn

(6)  Kerry Joseph

(7) Colin Joseph

(8.)  Jameel Neptune

(9)  Anthony Small

(10) Bevon Bass

Standbys – Keston Guy (GK) and Kareem Perry.

Offline loyalist

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2016, 12:39:06 AM »
Is it possible to get the names of the clubs the players are currently attached to??

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2016, 06:31:29 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago Men’s Futsal Team defeated Antigua and Barbuda 7-1 at the CFU Futsal Championships in Havana, Cuba. T&T will square off against Guyana tomorrow (Saturday).
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2016, 06:52:30 PM »
Is it possible to get the names of the clubs the players are currently attached to??

Kevin Graham (Sharks)
Adrian Pirthysingh (Don’t Know)
Ako James (Tigers)
Jerwyn Balthazar (Sharks)
Cyrano Glen (Tigers)
Kerry Joseph (Tigers)
Colin Joseph (Sharks)
Jameel Neptune (Dolphins)
Anthony Small (Dolphins)
Bevon Bass (Sharks)

Standbys
Keston Guy (Panthers)
Kareem Perry (Tigers)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2016, 05:32:05 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago Men’s Futsal Team defeated Guyana 4-3 to register their second consecutive victory at the CFU Futsal Championships in Havana, Cuba.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2016, 06:24:31 AM »
Futsal men through to CFU semi finals.
By TTFA Media.

Captain Jerwyn Balthazar notched a hattrick to lead this country’s National Futsal team to a convincing 7-1 victory over Antigua/Barbuda in their Caribbean Football Union qualifier on Friday night in Cuba.

T&T’s other goals were scored by Colin Joseph (2), Jameel Neptune (1) and Kerry Joseph (1).

And on Saturday, T&T completed their second straight win at the Caribbean Football Union today with a 4-3 victory over Guyana in Cuba.Team captain Jerwyn Balthazar was in on the scoring again while Kerry Joseph, Jameel Neptune and Ishmael Daniel also netted a goal each.

T&T led 4 nil before Guyana pulled three goals back in the closing ten minutes. Neptune’s goal in the second half turned out to be the winning item.

The win, which follows yesterday’s 7-1 victory over Antigua/Barbuda,has put T&T through to the semi finals.

T&T and Curacao will meet on Sunday to determine the group winners with the latter side also unbeaten on six points. In the other group, Jamaica have lost its opening two games with Cuba leading the table with two wins in as many matches.

T&T are vying for one of two automatic spots in the CONCACAF Finals in Costa Rica in May. The 2016 FIFA Futsal World Cup will be held in Colombia in September.

Following the win on Friday over the Antiguans, T&T head coach Clayton Morris later described the win as a comfortable one despite the team taking some time to settle.

“We took some time to settle down but once we did that we began to dominate the game and our goals came at different points of the game,”Morris told TTFA media.”We took a while to get into our stride because the surface was wet.

There was a lot of rain and there were some leaks over the playing area. But we didn’t let that deter us. I think the guys realised we were the better team and they started to take charge. It was a good win to start the tournament and now we will go after a second win,”Morris added.

Standings

P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
Curacao Futsal  2  2  0  0  10  2  6
Trinidad & Tobago Futsal  2  2  0  0  11  4  6
Guyana futsal  2  0  0  2  5  9  0
Antigua & Barbuda Futsal  2  0  0  2  1  12  0

Offline mcruic

• Full Warrior
  • 56 sports updated daily @ theroonba.com
    • View Profile
    • The Roon Ba international Team Sports
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2016, 07:34:06 PM »
Trinidad & Tobago lost their last group match 3-2 to Curaçao.  There are no semi-finals as mentioned in the previous report.  Straight to final and 3rd place match after group stage.

Cuba and Curaçao meet in the final (and both teams qualify for the CONCACAF Championship in Costa Rica in May).

T&T now face Guadeloupe (2nd in the other group) for 3rd place.  The winners of T&T/Guadeloupe will play against the 3rd placed team in the Central American zone which starts tomorrow (27 Jan) in Guatemala.  The winner of the CFU/UNCAF play-off stays on in Costa Rica for the CONCACAF Championship while the loser goes home.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 07:35:43 PM by mcruic »
50 sports updated daily @ theroonba.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2016, 07:37:12 PM »
We sure like to the hard or long road to heaven.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2016, 08:53:45 PM »
Curaçao bringing Dutch professionals now in their program remember. They ent no pushovers again.
Holland has a vibrant futsal scene and they have won world and European titles.
Just some perspective to consider.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2016, 11:01:55 PM »
Curaçao bringing Dutch professionals now in their program remember. They ent no pushovers again.

ok

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2016, 09:17:34 AM »

ok
Yeah somehow we as a nation does just feel that other teams and programs don't improve.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Futsal Thread
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2016, 06:41:13 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xEWE-QguLY4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xEWE-QguLY4</a>

Will post match highlights as they become available. Hoping to stimulate further interest in the local game.

The opening match kicked off a lil while ago with Iraq v. China.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2016, 04:03:22 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/y1cjAW9doJc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/y1cjAW9doJc</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2016, 04:04:38 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hAosOVEG3mc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hAosOVEG3mc</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2016, 04:06:01 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GHwhD33cFHU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GHwhD33cFHU</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2016, 04:09:09 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lAQlBflAke8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lAQlBflAke8</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2016, 02:22:35 PM »
AFC Quarterfinals and Group Stage

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fFDGgJxA0Ic&amp;index6&amp;list=PLPkuWEMcRg4Hy0al53Y5mRQw6tgWQo3Wr" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fFDGgJxA0Ic&amp;index6&amp;list=PLPkuWEMcRg4Hy0al53Y5mRQw6tgWQo3Wr</a>
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 02:27:40 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2016, 06:39:02 AM »
WATCH: An in-depth interview with the Trinidad and Tobago Futsal Team as they prepare for their two-legged playoff series against Honduras for a spot in the 2016 CONCACAF Futsal Championship

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MBLhJjB_Hq4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MBLhJjB_Hq4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #116 on: April 07, 2016, 04:05:00 PM »
T&T Futsal Men to play two friendlies vs Costa Rica.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association has secured two training matches for this country’s National Futsal Team against Costa Rica to be played in San Jose on April 27th and 29th.

The games will be the final part of preparations for the T&T team prior to its CONCACAF qualifying playoff matches with Honduras at the BN Arena in San Jose on May 4th and May 6th. The winner of that two-game playoff will progress to the CONCACAF Finals at the same venue where eight countries will battle it out for four qualifying spots for the 2016 FIFA Futsal World Cup in Colombia.

The T&T team finished third in the Caribbean Championship in January which resulted in its progress to the playoffs.

Team head coach Clayton Morris said the two friendlies with Costa Rica would be timely for his team as they look ahead to the matches with Honduras.

“Firstly I want to thank the TTFA for arranging these two games and the training camp,” Morris told TTFA Media.

“This is what I have been asking for since we returned from Cuba in January. I just wished it could have been a bit earlier so that some of our new players would have had the experience and exposure before the matches with Honduras.

“Be as it may, we truly welcome this opportunity and look forward to this camp as the spring board to getting us past Honduras which sets up the final qualifying matches versus Mexico, Panama and Guatemala.

“This latest development has motivated the players so much that at last night’s (Wednesday) training session we had one of the most intense sessions since we resumed training in February. Once again we would like to thank the TTFA and look forward for its continued support as we keep our focus on the prize which is qualifying for the Futsal World Cup in Colombia,” Morris said.

TTFA President David John-Williams added: “We have the qualifiers coming up in May and we have been able to secure two friendly games in Costa Rica. The General Secretary is working on getting the team to Costa Rica. We are happy to know that Costa Rica is going to help us in terms of sharing the hotels costs, ground transportation and meals for those internationals. I think the preparations for the Futsal team before their playoff games are well in hand and we hope that they will qualify.”

Some of the players currently in the T&T Futsal training squad include Jerwyn Balthazar, goalkeeper Kevin Graham, ex-T&T forward Conrad Smith, Jameel Neptune, Bevon Bass, Cyrano Glen, Kareem Perry, Noel Williams and Kerry Joseph.

Once T&T qualifies for the final round, they will open their campaign against Mexico on May 8th before facing Panama on May 9th and Guatemala a day later. The other group includes Cuba, Curacao, Costa Rica and the winner between the USA/Canada two-game playoff. The top two teams from each group will advance to the semi-finals and gain automatic entry to the 2016 FIFA Futsal World Cup.

Video - Trinidad & Tobago Futsal Team interview

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Final Futsal team selected for CONCACAF playoff against Honduras
« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2016, 05:40:14 PM »
Final Futsal team selected for CONCACAF playoff against Honduras
TTFA Media

The Final Trinidad and Tobago Futsal squad to contest the upcoming CONCACAF playoff qualifiers with Honduras has been selected by head coach Clayton Morris.

The squad was announced at practice on Sunday as the team continues its preparations ahead of two friendly matches against the Costa Rica National Futsal Team on April 27th and 29th in San Jose.

T&T placed third at the Caribbean Championships which meant that they would have to enter a playoff with Honduras for one of two final qualifying spots in the last phase of qualification.

Once T&T qualifies for the final round, they will open their campaign against Mexico on May 8th before facing Panama on May 9th and Guatemala a day later. The other group includes Cuba, Curacao, Costa Rica and the winner between the USA/Canada two-game playoff. The top two teams from each group will advance to the semi-finals and gain automatic entry to the 2016 FIFA Futsal World Cup.

Once T&T qualifies for the final round, they will open their campaign against Mexico on May 8th before facing Panama on May 9th and Guatemala a day later. The other group includes Cuba, Curacao, Costa Rica and the winner between the USA/Canada two-game playoff. The top two teams from each group will advance to the semi-finals and gain automatic entry to the 2016 FIFA Futsal World Cup
“The feeling after announcement of the Trinidad and Tobago Men’s Futsal National team was bitter sweet. Bitter for me because for the past three months the entire group has bonded really well so now where fourteen of the players have been selected to travel and ten remains at home, it pains my heart,” Morris told TTFA Media.

“The sweet feeling is a sense of accomplishment on that from where the group is at now and the many challenges we encountered during the months gone gives me that belief that any thing is possible when you keep focus and give your very best always.

“Once again let me thank all the players who have been making this grand effort to get to and from training venues in East, West, Central and South four days a week, three hours a day. To those who didn’t make it, I would like to say your efforts never go to waste. Keep working and you will be rewarded in time.

“We also wish to thank the TTFA for its support, particularly for the upcoming camp in Costa Rica,”Morris added.

On the squad selection, Morris added “We have five new players coming in and I’m very excited to see them on the international stage and of course we have four players from the team back in 2004 who will bring a wealth of experience to this team. The players have come on very well over the last three months or so since the Caribbean qualifiers and I feel good about our chances. We also have four players coming from the T&T Pro League which is bringing a strong level of organization and professionalism to the team.

“The preparations have gone quite well. Our players have the natural flair and skill to play the small sided game and now we have had the chance to work on the technical and tactical aspect. The enthusiasm is very high in the squad at the moment,” Morris said.

T&T Futsal Team
1. Kevin Graham (GK)
2. Adrian Pirthysingh (GK)
3. Cyrano Glen
4. Bevon Bass
5. Noel Williams
6. Ishmael Daniel
7. Jameel Neptune
8. Jerwyn Balthazar
9. Kerry Joseph
10. Colin Joseph
11. Kevaughn Connell
12. Kareem Perry
13. Jamel Lewis
14. Keston Guy

Standbys
1. Curtis Julien (GK)
2. Akeem Roach
3. Dwayne Calliste

WATCH: Futsal Head Coach Clayton Morris talks about his team’s preparation for the upcoming CONCACAF playoff matches against Honduras
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9NtPKX0RHvg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9NtPKX0RHvg</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2016, 05:02:25 AM »
Balthazar hopes to inspire Futsal men in Costa Rica.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Defence Force midfielder Jerwyn Balthazar will shoulder this country’s chances of qualifying for the 2016 FIFA Futsal World Cup when he joins his teammates in Costa Rica next month for a qualifying playoff tie with Honduras.

Balthazar was the leading scorer in the recent Caribbean championship and also enjoyed a call up to the T&T Senior men’s team for its recent 2-2 draw with Grenada.

But Futsal is his focus at the moment.

“The preparations have been going good so far, even better than this time around than previously. We have more players involved and more time. The coach has had a good amount of time to implement what he wants,” Balthazar said.

T&T will meet Costa Rica in two training matches next week and Balthazar is anticipating those outings.

“It will be a good test for us especially against the hosts and being able to get accustomed to the conditions and the venue. We are really looking forward to it,” he added.

He touched on his recent experience with the senior team saying “It was a great, learning experience for me. At this point in my career it is about taking in all the points and information and enjoying my experience as a footballer.

I like the Futsal flair that players like Ronaldinho brought to the game and locally I love Russell Latapy. And then on the club stage I looked up to players like Hutson Charles,” Balthazar added.

“Now with the Futsal team we have a great bunch of guys who are working hard and I think it would be a great accomplishment for us to qualify for the World Cup and our first hurdle will getting over Honduras.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Futsal men off to Costa Rica
« Reply #119 on: April 25, 2016, 07:29:35 PM »
Futsal men off to Costa Rica
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago’s National Futsal team is scheduled to depart for San Jose, Costa Rica on Tuesday afternoon to engage in two warm-up matches against Costa Rica ahead of their CONCACAF playoff qualifying tie with Honduras on May 4th and 5th.

T&T finished third in the Caribbean championship earlier this year which pushed them through to the playoff for the right to contest the CONCACAF Finals in Costa Rica.

At the championship, the winner and second-place team from each group will qualify to the semifinals of the Championship, and the FIFA Futsal World Cup Colombia 2016.

The winners of the semifinals will advance to the final and the two losing semifinalists will compete in the third-place match. In addition to crowning the Confederation’s champion in this discipline, the CONCACAF Futsal Championship will qualify four teams to the FIFA Futsal World Cup, to be played in Colombia later this year.

Once T&T qualifies for the final round, they will open their campaign against Mexico on May 8th before facing Panama on May 9th and Guatemala a day later. The other group includes Cuba, Curacao, Costa Rica and the winner between the USA/Canada two-game playoff.

T&T Futsal head coach Clayton Morris said he was optimistic of his team’s chances of advancing to the Final stage. He spoke on Friday after welcoming Minister of Sport Darryl Smith to the team’s training session at the Central Regional Indoor Sporting Arena in Chaguanas. Smith spoke to the members of the team, pledging his Ministry’s support to the team and wishing them well in their upcoming matches.

“We are off to the tournament quietly confident of doing well and getting over the next hurdle against Honduras which will take us into the finals,” Morris told TTFA Media.

“The team has been hard at work over the past few weeks which has been the longest stretch of preparations we have had. And the two games against Costa Rica which the TTFA has been able to arrange for us will be a big boost to our final leg of preparations. We are really looking forward to these two matches coming up this week.

“The group of players have come a long way since the Caribbean qualifiers in January and we are just aiming to close off the preparations on a good note and head into the playoffs with everything to play for,” Morris added.

T&T Futsal Team for Costa Rica

1. Kevin Graham, (GK)
2. Adrian Pirthysingh (GK)
3. Cyrano Glen
4. Bevon Bass
5. Noel Williams
6. Ishmael Daniel
7. Jameel Neptune
8. Jerwyn Balthazar
9. Kerry Joseph
10. Colin Joseph
11. Kevaughn Connell
12. Kareem Perry
13. Jamel Lewis
14. Keston Guy

1]; } ?>