April 28, 2024, 03:18:16 AM

Author Topic: Bridges are Built from Both Banks.  (Read 8855 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Bridges are Built from Both Banks.
« on: March 10, 2007, 11:50:36 AM »
By Hannibal Najjar.
[/size]

Allow me a few comments on the exchange over the Pro League players between Mr. Larry Romany and Mr. Wim Rijsbergen that was published in the Express on February 12th.

I believe that Mr. Rijsbergen should stay away from comments that send the public in waves of praise and waves of bashing of the players. Their results should all be viewed as developmental. A soccer program must identify its main tournament or engagement and move the players to peak for that event. What was he expecting of this team going onto the two-game trip to self-searching Panama, and recovering Costa Rica? Did he not believe that our accomplishments in the recent Digicel-sponsored tournament were only relative to the opposition at hand, and were only a shadow of what was lurking at the next level, especially when those “next-level” encounters were at the oppositions’ home venue? I also believe that Mr. Rijsbergen difficulties with the English language, and maybe his passive, “scratch-your-head”  view of our social and political culture may be a big factor in how his comments come out. Using his Dutch frankness to explain his concerns and bash the very warriors that are being asked to do battle for him is counter-productive. I believe that Rijsbergen should disconnect himself from direct contact with the media? Why doesn’t the T&TFF provide a representative for him so that his “second-language” statements wouldn’t be so whimsical! Maybe there is merit in the talk that his personal decision to take charge of his exchanges with the media may have more to do with reliability within his ranks and reach.
I believe that it is the responsibility of the coach is to get the players to where he needs them to be. The status of the players must dictate his training time, scope and pattern of training. A residential, full-time coach should make the Pro League and other programs more aware of what he desires, and work the package out.  It is a waste of energy to be bashing the Colleges League and the Pro League - he has been in T&T too long for that.

Mr. Romany is very correct when he states that public criticism of the team’s shortcomings would not solve any of their current problems. Having said that however, let me state that I definitely empathize with Rijsbergen’s assessment of the quality of the Pro League and its players? This is being shared from a first-hand experience while as Coach and Technical Director during my 2002-2003 period. observed two main areas of deficiencies – fitness and game understanding and attitude.

1. Fitness: The players were amazingly unfit despite being in the thick of their Pro League season (October-November). There were some key players who could not complete 4-5 laps of the soccer field (about one mile), even at a moderate pace, without lagging behind, buckling under pressure, or complaining. They also were failing to comfortably accomplish level 8 on the shuttle-run test (when I, in my older age, then 50, could safely top that in spite of measurable pain in both of my surgically-exploited knees). I expect players at the professional and the international levels to be able to top level 15-17 at minimum of that test, depending on the positions they play. Let them play elsewhere and witness what true preparation is like.

2. Understanding of Role: Players were technically functionally under par. They also lacked tactical and strategic awareness and an understanding of their roles as they relate to the field positions, strengths and weaknesses of the opposition and demands of the game at varying times in the game. Players need to even know and accept their strengths and weaknesses appreciatively relative to the opposition. Our players are short of game maturity, naďve, and must develop their play beyond the “instant” that they are engaged in. They must recognize and see into the next one or plays ahead of the play that is in their immediate embrace – look at the rest of the field and play with anticipation and calculation.

3. Player Attitudes: Several players fell short on their commitment to the program, and the vision for the program and even on confidence in their personal abilities.

4. Club Attitudes: The morale at National training was often impeded by the disrespect and negative comments that several club officials made about the T&TFF’s training needs and developmental efforts. Club coaches were unwilling to receive the verdict that their players were unready and underdeveloped for the game at the “next” level. They were given quantitative information that spoke emphatically to this issue, but all to no avail. These players went on to strike from National duty at the end of 2002.

So, what is the message here? We are behind in the race to maximize on the gains made from our World Cup 2006 experience. We have lost major ground with our Olympic Team and U-20 failures to advance to the rounds of competition, and now await our fate with the U-17’s, in an expected torrid and vicious 4-game pool play in Jamaica in April. We repeatedly fail to calculate the importance of continuity, through the successes of our various youth programs. We need to decidedly do something about this huge hiccup in our football planning and lives. We have to accept that leaders and champions are made and not wished up, and so we must give our warriors a standing chance to compete with the higher-level regional powers by engaging in training and playing that sees them progressing. To successfully accomplish this we must be unified, and use the Colleges League, the Pro League and the National Level exposure in a collaborative and continuous manner. To me, a most vital first step is for the leaders of this effort to be willing to listen to the people who have direct experience with these programs. To put aside differences of personality and smaller goals, and even differences in thinking of how this should be achieved. We should begin with a united front and a united goal. The differences in approach will pan themselves out if the heart is genuinely unified, if there is peace with purpose.

Success truly lies in cooperative work. It does take two hands to clap, two people to bear children, and two river banks to make a bridge. I live in St. Louis and recently watched the film on the building of United States’ tallest monument - the Gateway to the West Arch. It was built from both base ends, working its way up and across, eventually to meet at the centre, 630 feet into the sky. It is my dream for T&T’s football – World Cup 2010! Every involved person must be ready to take an unselfish and impartial look at the big picture, the vision for the country’s soccer, and the mission for getting us to South Africa and beyond.

Regardless of the setbacks, our past is what it is, fait accompli, and we must not despair for the refreshing thing is, our future is spotless, untouched – enter purposefully and with peace. We ought to be very encouraged and inspired with the prospect, because the Government is also set and ready to support the attainment of this goal. They got a sweet taste in their mouths with our 2006 World Cup showcase and have recognized all the benefits associated with such products, as well as the process/journey. It benefits the youth, the players, the business sector, the religious bodies, families, and Government’s performance goals.

The Government may have some $100 M set aside for this journey, this destination point and beyond. And, as said, business are eager; the public are hurting as they watch our 2006 cookie crumble and disintegrate, and the achievers that realized that 2006 dream, are flabbergasted and dismayed.
Why are the conglomeration of our efforts and the pooling of our resources always so difficult to attain and maintain? Let us not delay anymore. Let the buggy be ridden by horses working in tandem. Begin the process now, Wim, NOW!
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bridges are Built from Both Banks.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 02:21:49 PM »
Well somebody have a vision and understanding of what is needed. Too bad is not someone involved in our football right now.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 02:48:47 PM »
Well somebody have a vision and understanding of what is needed. Too bad is not someone involved in our football right now.
Hannibal Najjar had his shot at the helm and did nothing with it, so it is very easy for him to come and criticise any of his successors, but ask him, what are his results??

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 04:36:56 PM »
we have a troll under we bridge  :(

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 04:58:38 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  Who is dat trool, boy?

"Klip klop, klip klop, who ith dat walking akwoth my bwidge?!"

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 05:57:01 PM »
SAY WHAT- The man made some good suggestions. Let us focus on the Message, not the Messenger.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 06:00:11 PM »
SAY WHAT- The man made some good suggestions. Let us focus on the Message, not the Messenger.
yeah maybe since he had the Job he has had some serious learning or has made changes in thinking that if he had the job today he might have a different result.  big if eh
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 10:03:13 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  Who is dat trool, boy?

"Klip klop, klip klop, who ith dat walking akwoth my bwidge?!"

early nomination for "Phrase of de Year"  I am truly impressed.... 
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007, 01:24:28 AM »
By Hannibal Najjar.
[/size]

I believe that it is the responsibility of the coach is to get the players to where he needs them to be. The status of the players must dictate his training time, scope and pattern of training. A residential, full-time coach should make the Pro League and other programs more aware of what he desires, and work the package out.  It is a waste of energy to be bashing the Colleges League and the Pro League - he has been in T&T too long for that.

This is the point ah trying to make all de fecking time.  >:( >:(
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 06:36:34 AM »
The things he pointed out as being deficient were of the team from 2002 - 2003.

Aren't these the same things we say of our current team(s)??.  Den if we cyar see dat we in 4 - 5 years we eh really progress well mih eh know what it goh take....
Ah think the euphoria of going to de WC distract we for a bit, but coming back down to earth......Lawd ah find de landing eh soft at all....in fact every bone in mih body broken from the fall....

He mention something about putting aside personality and differences.....Mr. Najar.....is TnT yuh referring to yuh know.....  :(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 10:23:07 AM »
Good points  Mr. Najjar, well said....however, similar to your tenure, the organzational body, needs  someone to give them a plan to show them the path of getting themselves organzied, and then they can see about changing the very same defiencies you experienced so many years ago, and we will continue to experience a few years from now....you self should not have expected much to change, irregardless of any short term success, which we have always been capable of, due to our individual talent, however the beauty of football most successful countries and clubs is there longevity, and of course successes...together you create a dynasty...yet we flip and flop, with every new tournament, is like we fraid to sing the same tune every year, even tho this be football and not calypso competition...it's like an unwritten rule, we change goals, focus and plans, is corneal plans, Bsc plans,najjar plans, porters plans, simoes plans, Jack plans, wim plans, phillips plans, Butcher plans, Tech, Comm. plans, Corneal plans again, Govt plans. We have plans based on plans, and organization based on plans, and in our chief organization case, a slight contradiction, disorganization based on no plans, and no plans based on what?what?what?..."Look we meeting tomorrow to discuss that very same thing, you just mentioned"...
 Thus your article at this time surprises me that even you have realized that no matter what you may suggest as the ills of our game, you who have had the experience, do not realize that the fixing of these ills lie with the game-keepers, who are themselves ills, thus who fixes the game-keepers..so though your suggestions may ultimately raise our game to the level of a Brazil, we will never realize this.....yet you should know this, and still you publicly suggest..maybe you like the public light ( I don't think anything wrong with that), I just hope you don't expect the Stone Monolith to which you wail, to respond...that would be fantasy..not real...if you would wail on how to fix it creators, whom you have met ...then maybe we can act to redesign that monolith to something a little smaller, but more practical to our country....thanks for your insight all the same.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2007, 01:20:50 PM »
I want to say here this is a very good article by Hannibal,the thing is these guys have the knowledge and insight of the game but our problem is to implement it,no one person can do anything for T&T Football don't matter how much knowledge they have,as Hannibal said if we don't have that unity/support the best minds in Football can't come together nothing will work,too much pulling and tugging in our Football people fighting for positions and can't do the job.

You can call the name of anybody involved in our Football every level every position and garbage could be brought up on them,the thing is we don't dig up in the back ground of any foreigner,our attitude is anti T&T before we even start,look at some of the responses to this article by Hannibal men kicksing and trying to bring him down,everybody here knows his record so what,lets keep criticizing people and see how far our Football will get.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2007, 07:33:43 PM »
Good Evening Guys,
                              This is in defence of my Essex clubmate. Hanni was a passionate player. Scored some crucial goals for Essex. He was no slouch. He trained hard and was at all the practices. He is also a true patriot. He is a verbose guy, so what. That is a Trini trait. You may not agree with it him, but he made some good ponts. Hanni got his chance to coach TT. But in reality he never stood a chance. He was really an interim coach. Always to be replaced. Jack/TTFF was always searching someone else. Hanni's record with the team was not a great one, but so to are many who coached TT. I know he gave his best for the short time he was there. Peace.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2007, 07:51:54 PM »
I want to say here this is a very good article by Hannibal,the thing is these guys have the knowledge and insight of the game but our problem is to implement it,no one person can do anything for T&T Football don't matter how much knowledge they have,as Hannibal said if we don't have that unity/support the best minds in Football can't come together nothing will work,too much pulling and tugging in our Football people fighting for positions and can't do the job.

You can call the name of anybody involved in our Football every level every position and garbage could be brought up on them,the thing is we don't dig up in the back ground of any foreigner,our attitude is anti T&T before we even start,look at some of the responses to this article by Hannibal men kicksing and trying to bring him down,everybody here knows his record so what,lets keep criticizing people and see how far our Football will get.

Coops, ah feel like ah have to come to de defence of de "kicksers" where this topic is concerned. I did not see it as no grief to de "local guy" (Hanibal) as a matter of fact the statement was "there is a troll under we bridge" and i suspect that it wasnt hanibal but the other guy people was talkin about. You know... the other guy...   
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2007, 11:26:20 AM »
Very good article Hannibal ! straight up....

We have to work together for the betterment of T&T. Does Wim expect to just walk into a country and pick a team that can beat Italy. Come on, he has to help improve the league and players, we are not Brazil or England, we have to build block by block and Wim needs all the support to do this also, so it have to work hand in hand.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2007, 11:35:41 AM »
Hannibal Najjar had his shot at the helm and did nothing with it, so it is very easy for him to come and criticise any of his successors, but ask him, what are his results??

The question is "is his assessment correct?"
many will debate if Hannibal got a fair shot at the National program or not. It's the same for Charles. right now this is not the topic at hand or debate. However, when one was in and steps out, one can have a clearer perspective of what the job actually requires. For example Beenie also identified the fitness issue.

From where I sit what was said seems consistent with what football peoples in T&T have been saying for some time. Logical Mr Spock  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2007, 12:01:22 PM »
That is the only issue ah have with the piece, Observer. Is nuthen new, every coach since strike squad point out this, and still we here. So the real problem(general) of why the known issues are not being addressed (for the last aprox. 20 yrs) should take more precedence. Knowledgable ppl like Mr. Najjar, should address that - personally I think is the Organizational bodies - and not telling us, the public and technical ppl, what we have already been told.
The ppl in the know should be writing, no, demanding that we fix our total football, not just the players. Though their levels are  part of the problem, for the last 2 decades, it hasn't been the defining issue. We (fans) try telling them, raise funds, get games, be self sufficient, push the players, all kinda thing...buh is like we talking to the wall...Najjar, Coops, Gally, Fevrier, Phillips, must not join we (who doh have clout) in talks, they have to act. By doing what ? I not qualified or knowlegable enough to say, yet these ppl with clout have to take back and build the football, and then fix what needs to be fixed...but it starts with taking the licks and the Game...at this point does it matter who is coach, captain or bottleboy ? We presently have NO program, no ship....so who go say lemme captain/work this ship, that for all intents and purposes has obviously sunk

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2007, 12:23:34 PM »
By Hannibal Najjar.
[/size]

Allow me  a few comments on the exchange over the Pro League players between Mr. Larry Romany and Mr. Wim Rijsbergen that was published in the Express on February 12th.

I believe that Mr. Rijsbergen should stay away from comments ......

lemme do all de talkin'@!

I believe that Rijsbergen should disconnect himself from direct contact with the media? Why doesn’t the T&TFF provide a representative for him so that his “second-language” statements wouldn’t be so whimsical! Maybe there is merit in the talk that his personal decision to take charge of his exchanges with the media may have more to do with reliability within his ranks and reach.

anybody else rather hear the coach of T&T opinion strictly thru Fuentes?

I believe that it is the responsibility of the coach is to get the players to where he needs them to be. The status of the players must dictate his training time, scope and pattern of training. A residential, full-time coach should make the Pro League and other programs more aware of what he desires, and work the package out.

...that said, these are the reasons I didn't exactly do it when I had my chance....but Whim is a tough lad man!

3. Player Attitudes: Several players fell short on their commitment to the program, and the vision for the program and even on confidence in their personal abilities.

4. Club Attitudes: The morale at National training was often impeded by the disrespect and negative comments that several club officials made about the T&TFF’s training needs and developmental efforts. Club coaches were unwilling to receive the verdict that their players were unready and underdeveloped for the game at the “next” level. They were given quantitative information that spoke emphatically to this issue, but all to no avail. These players went on to strike from National duty at the end of 2002.

...whim shouldn't be saying these exact same things, but lucky thing I hear to say it for him -

observed two main areas of deficiencies – fitness and game understanding and attitude.

1. Fitness: The players were amazingly unfit despite being in the thick of their Pro League season (October-November). There were some key players who could not complete 4-5 laps of the soccer field (about one mile), even at a moderate pace, without lagging behind, buckling under pressure, or complaining. They also were failing to comfortably accomplish level 8 on the shuttle-run test (when I, in my older age, then 50, could safely top that in spite of measurable pain in both of my surgically-exploited knees). I expect players at the professional and the international levels to be able to top level 15-17 at minimum of that test, depending on the positions they play. Let them play elsewhere and witness what true preparation is like.

2. Understanding of Role: Players were technically functionally under par. They also lacked tactical and strategic awareness and an understanding of their roles as they relate to the field positions, strengths and weaknesses of the opposition and demands of the game at varying times in the game. Players need to even know and accept their strengths and weaknesses appreciatively relative to the opposition. Our players are short of game maturity, naďve, and must develop their play beyond the “instant” that they are engaged in. They must recognize and see into the next one or plays ahead of the play that is in their immediate embrace – look at the rest of the field and play with anticipation and calculation.

Success truly lies in cooperative work. It does take two hands to clap, two people to bear children, and two river banks to make a bridge.

:applause: :applause:

could never argue with the truth and the right...but am I just givin' lip service here?

Let us not delay anymore. Let the buggy be ridden by horses working in tandem. Begin the process now, Wim, NOW!

...of course not in the accusatory sense, and I not really trying to pull you down or anything...I mean it in the most positive way!!  :D

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2007, 12:37:56 PM »

Coops, ah feel like ah have to come to de defence of de "kicksers" where this topic is concerned. I did not see it as no grief to de "local guy" (Hanibal) as a matter of fact the statement was "there is a troll under we bridge" and i suspect that it wasnt hanibal but the other guy people was talkin about. You know... the other guy...

yes, i meant the other guy.

it would be real nice to get a player's perspective on the remarks about fitness, tactical awareness, attitude, etc.. because this refrain seem to be universal from the coaches but what is the feedback from the players? it seem like the communication is mostly one-way - is actually broken. plenty mouths but no ears.  :-\

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2007, 04:05:13 PM »
No problem with what Najjar saying. I watch some pro league games and really with the exception of W Connection and SanJuan most of the teams really look second rate. The play slow, no real runs being made off the ball and most team disorganized off the ball.
Is conversations like this is what we need. Not Gally and them talking shit about attacking football and Beenie being shit.

Offline Shepherd

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2007, 08:01:39 PM »
Hey Deeks, Coops and others that were listening to Najjar. Its good to have some openess to a man that is the least xenophobic of all de coaches in T&T.

Wim in T&T 2 plus years and he struggling wid what to do what to contribute to help we improve. Najjar had de rufest time as a coach in T&T and de records show that he has de best record among every body 12 games, 8 wins 3 losses and 1 draw all games played.

Dey never let de man do wha he wanted to do. After talking to many people who kno hin, dey say dat this man wuda give we more for less dan antbody dat come tru.

Deeks, you play wid de man and like you say, he do giv nothing less dan de best - everybody know him to be so. De man is a fighter and he fight for wha is right.

Wim, whimsical nex to he.

Look, he say some good tings bout wha we need to do and wha we short on.

Let peace prevail and ask people who know de man - he frans but he care, he care bout allawee. Ask people like Sammy, and like you Deeks, like Hart, Like Henderson, Like Grovesnor, Abiola, an any ah he teammates or players who ply under he; ask man like Barrington an see wha dey ha to say bout he knowledge and he love for he country.

Let we listen to wha he say and assess it properly - it seems like de majority ah we agree dat he saying sound tings for we own sake.

One luv

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2007, 07:03:37 AM »
Good read. I hope Wim take note.

I didn't see it on the T&T papers but off course the Soca Warriors Online up top of things.....  ;)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 07:05:04 AM by Flex »

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2007, 08:28:33 AM »
Hey Deeks, Coops and others that were listening to Najjar. Its good to have some openess to a man that is the least xenophobic of all de coaches in T&T.

Wim in T&T 2 plus years and he struggling wid what to do what to contribute to help we improve. Najjar had de rufest time as a coach in T&T and de records show that he has de best record among every body 12 games, 8 wins 3 losses and 1 draw all games played.

Dey never let de man do wha he wanted to do. After talking to many people who kno hin, dey say dat this man wuda give we more for less dan antbody dat come tru.

Deeks, you play wid de man and like you say, he do giv nothing less dan de best - everybody know him to be so. De man is a fighter and he fight for wha is right.

Wim, whimsical nex to he.

Look, he say some good tings bout wha we need to do and wha we short on.

Let peace prevail and ask people who know de man - he frans but he care, he care bout allawee. Ask people like Sammy, and like you Deeks, like Hart, Like Henderson, Like Grovesnor, Abiola, an any ah he teammates or players who ply under he; ask man like Barrington an see wha dey ha to say bout he knowledge and he love for he country.

Let we listen to wha he say and assess it properly - it seems like de majority ah we agree dat he saying sound tings for we own sake.

One luv

Shepherd, before you get all emotional, check out all sides of the story first.  I don't know the man personally, so I can't disagree with you on the sentiments expressed about his character. 

What I do know is that he mentioned (in point #4) that the club coaches attitudes didn't contribute to the national team benefit.  He went on to say that these players went on to strike from national duty at the end of 2002.  He made sound as though it was because of the club coaches the players had a strike.  He never mentioned that it was because of money from TTFF...match fees included.  He didn't mention that players were fed up with the conditions under which they had to train and perform FOR THE NATIONAL TEAM...not their respective clubs.  He didn't mention that players had training sessions with no water, bandages or medicine kits on site, or the equipment mgr wasn't paid, and he as the coach didn't do anything about it.  He didn't mention that he as the national coach decided not to support his players and seek their interest...but instead took over the team of scabs.  The team of scabs was no better than the team Wim took to Central America last month, but at least he could pat himself on his back because he didn't say the PFL standard was low.

In the opening paragraph he talk about Wim's comments and the effect on the public.  Real men on the forum lambass Wim for that too.  But here is Hannibal, who had his chance, could come and chastise Wim in the opening paragraph, and then later down come and say the same thing that Wim  said.  All he do is just colour it a lil bit to make it look like a technical report he giving by quoting training techniques and stats.  Wim was just asked a question (on-d-sopt) by a reporter and answer to suit.  Hannibal sit down and think up how he would make up he report and publish it.  Unlike Hannibal, Wim wasn't or isn't the Technical Director to handle PFL and other football issues, just the national coach.

As the indians would say...doh judge a man until yuh walk a mile in his moccasins.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2007, 09:37:19 AM »
That is the only issue ah have with the piece, Observer. Is nuthen new, every coach since strike squad point out this, and still we here. So the real problem(general) of why the known issues are not being addressed (for the last aprox. 20 yrs) should take more precedence. Knowledgable ppl like Mr. Najjar, should address that - personally I think is the Organizational bodies - and not telling us, the public and technical ppl, what we have already been told.
The ppl in the know should be writing, no, demanding that we fix our total football, not just the players. Though their levels are  part of the problem, for the last 2 decades, it hasn't been the defining issue. We (fans) try telling them, raise funds, get games, be self sufficient, push the players, all kinda thing...buh is like we talking to the wall...Najjar, Coops, Gally, Fevrier, Phillips, must not join we (who doh have clout) in talks, they have to act. By doing what ? I not qualified or knowlegable enough to say, yet these ppl with clout have to take back and build the football, and then fix what needs to be fixed...but it starts with taking the licks and the Game...at this point does it matter who is coach, captain or bottleboy ? We presently have NO program, no ship....so who go say lemme captain/work this ship, that for all intents and purposes has obviously sunk

I could not agree with you more. However, if the League do not see themselves as having a problem then why fix it. For me the public has spoken simply by its lack of support for the League. Further more we now have two leagues in direct opposition. Which means that the playing population or quality playing population is now diluted. As a consequence the identified problems remain. My reasoning is this, If W Connection and Jabloteh continue to dominate, then they see themselves as doing a good job (big fish in small pond). Why should they want to raise standards, it is up to the others to meet their standards. I also reason that they as Professional organizations do not give a dam about the National program. Why should they? The National program can't even get their act together as far as they are concerned.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>