April 24, 2024, 10:37:58 PM

Author Topic: Hislop says quick resolution needed.  (Read 4594 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hislop says quick resolution needed.
« on: March 13, 2007, 03:04:50 PM »
Hislop says quick resolution needed.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago World Cup goalkeeper Shaka Hislop says the recent news of a halt of National team programs took him by surprise and he is hoping for the quickest possible resolution.
Hislop, speaking from Dallas after returning from a preseason tour to Brazil with Dallas FC, says he was disappointed that at this stage, the T&T Football Federation was still in a position where financial support was not coming as it should following the country’s participation and proud display at the 2006 World Cup Finals.
“I have to admit the news caught me by surprise initially,” Hislop told TTFF Media on Monday. “Jack Warner certainly has been the financial life behind  Trinidad and Tobago‘s football. And certainly as a player who played in the World Cup. I will  always be grateful for the support he gave to us and Trinidad and Tobago’s football for so long.
“Even with regard to the impasse involving the TTFF and the World Cup players, I still maintain a healthy respect to him (Warner)  for what he has done for some time and what he continues to do for Trinidad and Tobago’s football.”
But even for Warner’s generosity and current halt to it, Hislop believes T&T’s football should not suffer.
“It’s unfortunate that it had to come to this, on the back of what was very encouraging World Cup last summer. I for one and most people expected T&T’s  football to continue to  progress and continue to drive forward particularly towards South Africa 2010.
“I’m disappointed because Mr Warner has always complained about the lack of support and even as a casual observer, it would have been thought that support would have been forthcoming from different angles. I hope this is all resolved sooner than later for the sake of Trinidad and Tobago’s football,” the former Newcastle United custodian added.
For some time too, the solid establishment of a T&T Professional Footballers Association has been in the making but now Hislop says it seems to be getting firmly off the ground, particularly with the formation of a partnership with the English Professional Footballers Association. The first event in conjunction with the English PFA takes place on March 22 - a play taking place at the Hackney Empire from which part proceeds go towards the T&T Association.
“It certainly is something that we had thought of and spoken about for quite some time.  I know we have the support of the T&T Pro League but now we have financial support and invaluable advice from the English PFA,” Hislop said.
“You still talk to some people and they tell you that their feeling is that the English League started being established as a Premier League when Jimmy Hill first formed the PFA in the 1950s and it was then when the League really started to develop and some 50 years later the League is one of the more recognized in the world,” Hislop said. Hill became chairman of the English PFA in 1957. The former Fulham and Brentford player campaigned to have the English Football League's £20 maximum wage scrapped in 1961.
Hislop felt that the proper establishment of an association for T&T will go a long way in ensuring that players do not encounter further conflicts relating to financial dealings.
“It is an  important step and players  must be well represented in a unified and professional manner. No one wants to see players go on strike and that continues to happen. We also want a healthy relationship with the authorities. This is forthcoming and it will be great step for T&T football and in the  region on a whole.”
The former Reading man mentioned that the English PFA was also interested in the setting up of an association for the Caribbean.
“The English PFA is putting on the play and part of the profits will go towards our establishing of a Players Association. The English PFA also have an interest in seeing us take this throughout the region. The Caribbean is well represented in the EPL and they see the need for the setting up of an association. This is all a step in the right direction,” Hislop concluded.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 04:35:46 AM by Flex »
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hislop says quick resolution needed.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 04:58:49 AM »
Trinidad and Tobago's World Cup goalkeeper Shaka Hislop lost his place in the FC Dallas line-up to Argentina's Dario Sala, who returned from suspension with an outstanding game as Dallas edged the Wizards 2-1 at Arrowhead Stadium.
Kenny Coooper and Juan Toja struck goals for Dallas and Sala made a plethora of fine saves to deny the Wizards, who were on a three-game winning streak. The Wizards were without injured T&T striker Scott Sealy. “We took X-rays and they were negative, so that's a good sign,” Sealy told MLSNet. “There's still some discomfort, so we're going to get a second opinion and maybe get an MRI done.”

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 09:56:45 AM »
why was this thread merged!!??
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 10:24:56 AM »
Well Shaka if yuh SO surprise ....spend some of yuh money nah...ent 1pound is 13$TT.....

All ah dem does talk...Yorke ever give a flippin cent either...steups.... >:(

Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 11:55:52 AM »
Well Shaka if yuh SO surprise ....spend some of yuh money nah...ent 1pound is 13$TT.....

All ah dem does talk...Yorke ever give a flippin cent either...steups.... >:(

how you know what dem men have contributed or not?
you see dey bank accounts and wey dey spend dey money?
steups back at you

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 02:17:36 PM »
Double steups. First of all, ah man doh HAVE to share just because he have money. Second, if they DECIDE to use dey own money for a cause, dey doh have to alert nobody outside of de cause that dey giving to       ( especially a man name ROTATO POTI). Ah know Shaka personally, and he not on giving something to get some attention and notice. Steups again. Good name doh Mr. poti
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 02:34:27 PM »
Why they dont take a page outta George Weah's book and sponsor d whole team...even though
dey didnt make it to d World Cup and imagine dat is in Liberia...you tellin me...dem fellas iz all talk..
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 05:42:35 PM »
Somehow ah doh believe that Hislop truly said the things that this reporter is revealing in this article  :waiting: . Ah smellin' a certain spin to de story  :shameonyou: .  It makin' Hislop look naive and gullible dread and I know he eh so  >:( . Jackula dis and jackula dat. Steeuuppssss!

Ah doh trust dis article  >:( .  Sorry  :-\
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>