April 23, 2024, 12:35:22 AM

Author Topic: Warners mum on FIFA fine.  (Read 8405 times)

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Warners mum on FIFA fine.
« on: March 13, 2007, 08:49:11 PM »
Warners mum on FIFA fine.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).

Twist to Simpaul scandal.

The Warner family was again embroiled in controversy yesterday after a leaked document revealed that former Simpaul Travel Service director Daryan Warner, son of FIFA vice-president and Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) special adviser Jack Warner, has less than two weeks to pay FIFA a $754,375 euros (TT$6,223,394) fine.
No explanation was given as to the origin of the figure, which was decided upon but not publicised at an executive committee meeting on June 4, 2006, although it is likely to be a backlash for Simpaul Travel's profiteering off Trinidad and Tobago's 2006 World Cup tickets despite the company's conflict of interest. FIFA president Sepp Blatter, according to minutes from the FIFA executive committee meeting on December 6, 2006, did inform his colleagues that US$250,000 (TT$1,562,500) was already paid towards the Simpaul fine, which would be forwarded to the SOS Children's Village charity.
The US$250,000 sum mirrors the annual FIFA developmental grant which the global body forwards to its member associations, including Trinidad and Tobago.
Last week Tuesday, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) declared that it had shut down all football teams with immediate effect "due to a lack of financial support". T&TFF general secretary Richard Groden blamed the Government for his organisation's hardships.
T&TFF president Oliver Camps confirmed via telephone yesterday that his organisation receives an annual US$250,000 grant, although he declined further comment about the financial state of the local body.
Neither Jack nor Daryan Warner could be reached for comment yesterday, while a Simpaul official, who preferred to remain anonymous, claimed that she was in the dark about the alleged fine.
"I cannot give you any information concerning that," said the Simpaul official. "I do not know anything about it."
News of the secret fine was published yesterday by London's Daily Mail investigative reporter and author, Andrew Jennings, who visited Trinidad and Tobago last May as part of a BBC Panorama News team and is another follow-up on the Simpaul Travel ticket scandal, which was broken exclusively by the Trinidad Express on December 25, 2005.
FIFA's Committee for Ethics and Fair Play convicted Warner of breaching FIFA's Code of Ethics on February 16, 2006 due to his involvement with Simpaul. Warner along with his wife, Maureen, and sons, Daryan and Darryl, were all Simpaul Travel directors.
But, a month later, Warner was absolved by his executive committee colleagues, who suggested that the administrator corrected the situation by removing himself and his family's names off the directorship of the company.
There was another potentially damaging report to Warner by international accounting firm, Ernst and Young, who ruled that Daryan continued to operate on behalf of Simpaul and he, along with his father, had contravened FIFA regulations regarding the sale of World Cup tickets.
On December 6, 2006, a third FIFA committee-the Disciplinary Committee-chided Warner for his "conduct" and warned him to "ensure that his son, Daryan Warner, did not abuse (his) position" but again opted not to publicly penalise its own vice-president.
Disciplinary Committee chairman Marcel Mathier further declared that FIFA could not take action against Daryan since "he did not fall under FIFA's jurisdiction".
However, FIFA did not tell the global media that "Simpaul Travel and/or Daryan Warner" was ordered to reimburse the global governing body $754,375 euros (TT$6,223,394) and had not complied with the request "despite numerous reminders by FIFA".
Camps denied that the US$250,000, referred to by Blatter, meant that FIFA had frozen its funding to the T&TFF.
Daryan has until March 22, which is the next meeting date of FIFA's executive, to finish payment, although the Daily Mail was told that no further action was expected regardless.
Blatter is running for re-election this May and Warner, a staunch supporter of the present president, controls 35 of the 207 votes available.
"If there is no more money paid over I can't see that Blatter is going to take action," a FIFA source told the Daily Mail. "After all, Jack Warner controls 35 crucial votes that will ensure Sepp Blatter gets a third term."
It is uncertain what Warner's financial situation might mean for the "Soca Warriors".

Related News.

FIFA fine top official’s son $1 million.

Jack Warner re-elected as CONCACAF President.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 03:42:08 AM by Flex »

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warners mum on FIFA fine
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 08:52:20 PM »
With yet another US$250,000. surfacing in FIFA Annual funding, where the hell is that money going? I tell you URP and CEEPEP being put to shame by the TTFF.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 08:55:30 PM »
With yet another US$250,000. surfacing in FIFA Annual funding, where the hell is that money going? I tell you URP and CEEPEP being put to shame by the TTFF.
:whistling:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 09:00:49 PM »
And meanwhile Fuentes still remains silent on accountability in TTFF's receipts and expinditure. He can write about what Carlos thinks, what Shaka thinks, FIFA inspecting stadium and remains silent on where money gone - the source of the crisis. Steups.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 09:02:39 PM by royalian »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 09:11:29 PM »
if they getting so much money a month how d hell dey have no money
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 09:12:59 PM »

Duh !!!

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 10:31:38 PM »

Duh !!!

Do the initials JW ring a bell???

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 11:43:40 PM »

Thats annually. so this means a year ::)
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
Re: Warners mum on FIFA fine.
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 05:58:09 AM »
I doh care what no one say but Jack Warner is de smartest man from T&T, he giving Eric Williams competition. FIFA aint charge no one, this is just news to fool the public, because in the end Jack and FIFA is still close friends and I am sure that money will return to T&T soon, we do not know what going on behind close doors for all you know Jack son wouldn't even pay that and FIFA could say he did because all of them is one, FIFA need to fire Jack and then I would believe how serious they are. This was just a way to kill of the bad name FIFA and Jack was getting. For the good of the game my ass.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 10:40:22 AM »
I could just see jack salivating thinking about de oil money ...jack for minister of finance of T&T ! Next thing he own we too....

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 11:07:58 AM »
And meanwhile Fuentes still remains silent on accountability in TTFF's receipts and expinditure. He can write about what Carlos thinks, what Shaka thinks, FIFA inspecting stadium and remains silent on where money gone - the source of the crisis. Steups.

he works for the ttff  yuh want him to be a whistle blower and lorse he wuk
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 12:07:59 PM »

Yeah Fuentes doesn't even claim to be a journalist anymore.

He is strictly PR......PRopaganda.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 12:31:40 PM »

Exactly my point where is the ethics in all of this? And we wonder why crime goes unchecked in TT. Everybody "minding their business" and nobody wants to stand for morality in public affairs and accountability.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2007, 01:09:30 PM »

There is nothing unethical about what Shaun is doing.

Allyuh barking up the wrong tree.

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 01:14:50 PM »
I was referring to the comment that if the situation arises where Fuentes 'whistle blows', should there be anything illegal or shady going on, he will be fired. I was merely saying if standing for what is right means you will be fired so be it. Too often we are content with having people turn a blind eye to corruption for the sake of 'saving a job'! Please!!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 01:32:10 PM by royalian »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2007, 05:05:20 PM »

yeah i dont think anyone takes Fuentes as a journalist ..... some guys take money for many differnt reasons ..... you see any journalist getting $250000 big ones as bonus ? He has lost his credibilty a long time but with that kinda money i dont think he minds.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2007, 08:25:49 PM »
All I want to hear from Jack is I am a tie tong tief.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2007, 08:29:01 PM »
All I want to hear from Jack is I am a tie tong tief.
well boy we will be waithing for most of our lifetime before we get those words out a that man mouth.  :waiting: :waiting:
All American

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2007, 09:00:34 PM »

He is the Media Officer of the TTFF.  That is not a secret and he was there long before the team was anywhere close to being successful.

So basically it is unethical to work as the Media Officer for the TTFF?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2007, 09:16:38 PM »
The job title should be Propoganda officer. Seriously I don;t know why man beating up on Fuentes. Besides Lisana how much people we have in the media? At least he getting paid for the propoganda. Them other fellas just lazy to do work to show that Jack is a capital K krook
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>