March 28, 2024, 11:25:24 PM

Author Topic: Government gives 18 million.  (Read 13583 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Government gives 18 million.
« on: March 15, 2007, 05:45:32 PM »
Cabinet passes $18 million for football.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

Cabinet today passed funding valued at TT$18 million that will go towards the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation. This followed the request for funds made by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation as Minister of Sport Roger Boynes announced at the post cabinet press conference that the mentioned sum will be made available to the local governing body for the game.
Boynes added  that the TTFF will be required to submit details of the contract arrangements, terms and conditions with respect to the technical staff of the national team and once these requirements are fulfilled by the TTFF, Boynes added, the Ministry of Sport will report to cabinet on the dispersement of funds in keeping with the whole question of transparency of public funds. He said he says the disbursement will be made on performance criteria as set out in the development plan of the 2010 budget.
TTFF President Oliver Camps said he was pleased with the announcement, adding that the $18 million was only part of the request to really serve the development of the game here and he anticipated the process will be properly carried out in the future.
“This will go towards the preparation of the team and the payment of the two (Dutch) coaches. The Ministry requested further documents which were made available to them today,” Camps told TTFF Media.
He added the TTFF Executive Committee will meet on Friday and further details regarding the restart of the national team programs, particularly the senior team preparing for the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup will be made available later in the day.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 03:05:22 AM by Flex »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Government gives 18 million
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 05:49:16 PM »
Jackular must be laughing boi ,he plan wukk like ah charm  :devil: blackmail is ah hell of ah  leverage tool  jed .But like the Gold Cup back on .yahhh

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 05:54:18 PM »
Half of that going to UNC election campaign.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 06:18:51 PM »
For those who could wake up early. on morning
edition on tv6 they will be talkin about d present state of football they will hav Andrew Jennings as a guest.
Youtube Channel

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 06:20:56 PM »
dey blink first

vampire win

talk done
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 06:24:25 PM »
Actually the games may continue since the funding may be contingent on TTFF transparency, which may still hamstring JW.
Live large and prosper!

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 06:32:57 PM »

LAWDDDDDDD :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 06:51:00 PM »
I eh go lie i damn vex d gov't give d money. Look out for ah next impasse when dis 18 million run out.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 06:51:46 PM »
Half that money is to reimburse JW for the payments he made to the coaching staff back in Oct, Nov, Dec I believe it was, and the rest is to pay them up until now. So you see the TTFF still bankrupt.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 07:04:52 PM »
Half that money is to reimburse JW for the payments he made to the coaching staff back in Oct, Nov, Dec I believe it was, and the rest is to pay them up until now. So you see the TTFF still bankrupt.

9 million to pay the coaches for 5 months??

didnt jack and them say the kept half the Germany2006 money for SA2010?

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 07:27:15 PM »
CABINET PASSES $18 MILLION FOR FOOTBALL CABINET PASSES $18 MILLION FOR FOOTBALL 

Cabinet today passed funding valued at TT$18 million that will go towards the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation.

This followed the request for funds made by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation as Minister of Sport Roger Boynes announced at the post cabinet press conference that the mentioned sum will be made available to the local governing body for the game.

Boynes added  that the TTFF will be required to submit details of the contract arrangements, terms and conditions with respect to the technical staff of the national team and once these requirements are fulfilled by the TTFF, Boynes added, the Ministry of Sport will report to cabinet on the dispersement of funds in keeping with the whole question of transparency of public funds. He said he says the disbursement will be made on performance criteria as set out in the development plan of the 2010 budget.

TTFF President Oliver Camps said he was pleased with the announcement, adding that the $18 million was only part of the request to really serve the development of the game here and he anticipated the process will be properly carried out in the future.

“This will go towards the preparation of the team and the payment of the two (Dutch) coaches. The Ministry requested further documents which were made available to them today,” Camps told TTFF Media.

He added the TTFF Executive Committee will meet on Friday and further details regarding the restart of the national team programs, particularly the senior team preparing for the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup will be made available later in the day. (S Fuentes, March 15, 2007)

Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 07:48:10 PM »

And $6MM to FIFA to cover Jr's fine, which leaves $3MM to the TTFF.

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 07:50:20 PM »
And the fishiness continues:

"Boynes also said Cabinet had approved payment of salaries for 2006 and 2007 for techical staff for the national senior squad’s support team towards preparations for Fifa World Cup 2010 in the sum of $18 million.

This is an interim agreement on T&T Football Federation’s budget to fund operations for the senior team for World Cup 2010. " [taken from Trinidad Guardian March 16, 2007 - "Boynes back home after surgery in US"]

Guess who getting repaid for 2006 salaries! Did I read that UNC moved their headquarters to POS, and the last Executive Meeting was held in CONCACAF office of JW? So much for pollitics being kept out of football as per FIFA.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 07:51:57 PM by royalian »

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 08:12:06 PM »
Time to get rid of camps.. Put Anil Roberts as the President of TTFF instead.. He knows how to do everything
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2007, 09:50:55 PM »
Well this is good news but only the beginning.  The TTFF needs reorganization, honesty, and transparency; and JW should have nothing to do with the purse strings
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 10:04:54 PM »
See u in 2008, The money is for 2006 and 2007. So expect a statement that we eh takin park in WCQ as Jack eh go be payin for the coach.

So since they eh sayin that they have half the money for 2010 the players could get their money as that is the reason they eh get it.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 10:10:56 PM »
The gov't should have investigators know if 100% of the money going to football, not for jack warner to build another swimming pool for he mistress  :rotfl:

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 10:47:36 PM »
 Yuh see de power of this FORUM.

Ah half change mih mind . VOTE PNM  ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2007, 02:20:30 AM »
Yuh see de power of this FORUM.

Ah half change mih mind . VOTE PNM  ;D ;D

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: Government gives 18 million. (REMEMBER THIS)
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2007, 05:08:16 AM »
remember this ;D

News from the 9th of November 2005.
'Warriors' get $15m.
By: Kern De Freitas (Express).

The Trinidad and Tobago "Warriors" will now have little else to worry about other than facing Bahrain in their upcoming home and away World Cup play-offs.
Yesterday, Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs Roger Boynes announced that the Government, as well as several corporate sponsors, have stepped in with financial contributions, the total sum of which surpasses the $13.1 million requested by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF).
At the Ministry's office on Abercromby Street, Port of Spain, Boynes outlined contributions made by several companies, including NGC, Petrotrin, the National Lotteries Control Board (NLCB), BG T&T, BHP Billiton, BPTT, UTC and Carib.
The latter are still locked in negotiations, but the Minister revealed the total input is in the vicinity of $15 million.
"Mr dear friend, Mr Peter O'Connor," Boynes said as he addressed the T&TFF marketing manager at the Ministry's conference room, "we are all here to give you the support and, through you, team Trinidad and Tobago without a shadow of a doubt will make history in our country and take us to the next World Cup in Germany."
Boynes also used the opportunity to respond to comments suggesting Government had not been doing enough to help the national football team, explaining that the total amount being contributed by state-owned entities was in excess of $15 million, including TSTT, NLCB, Petrotrin, and NGC, as well as the $6 million Cabinet approved towards facilities, travel and accommodation, and training of the Warriors.
"The last time I checked, Government had 51 per cent interest in TSTT," Boynes stressed, adding there were also pledges being made by other companies, as well as corporate bodies from the Point Lisas Industrial Estate, who have expressed interest in giving financial support to the team.
The Sport Minister also expressed satisfaction with the corporate response.
"In a sense, ladies and gentlemen, I am pleased with corporate Trinidad and Tobago with their effort now, and their continued effort."
Boynes went on to list several initiatives of his Ministry, in conjunction with the newly-formed Sports Company (SPORTT), including $120 million for development of playing fields and a further $20 million for upgrading of playing fields and parks.
He also noted funds given to the T&T Pro League and the National Super League.
Following the media conference, O'Connor summed up the event. "Well what happened here today was the fruition of a campaign to bring corporate Trinidad and Tobago on board with a full understanding of their opportunities, as well as ours. If I grouped that, what we received today is about $15 million, according to the quick sums from Government and the corporate sector."
O'Connor was also pleased with the monetary boost for the team.
"What we had before this was about $8 milllion. We are delighted in what we have seen today, it was a long time coming. If we didn't have a benefactor in Mr (Jack) Warner, we would not have been where we are today.
"But that's water under the bridge now...people were skeptical, you know the team was not a shining team in the beginning, but they showed character beyond what Trinidadians, what we like to be. And I think now people joined us and there's a tremendous opportunity for all of us, football, and everybody else."
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Government gives 18 million.
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2007, 05:11:21 AM »
dey blink first

vampire win

talk done

Dutty to take de words right out mih mouth......ssssttteeeuupppsss!!!!.....

>:( >:(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2007, 05:13:47 AM »
and this

T&TEC AND CROWNE PLAZA ASSIST SOCA WARRIORS
(socawarriorstt.com)

28 Apr 2006

Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation Special Adviser Jack Warner heaped praises on the Issa Nicholas and the Trinidad and Tobago Electricity Commission for their joint contribution of TT$450,000 at a media conference at the Crowne Plaza on Wednesday.

But Warner, a CONCACAF President, still spoke out at the lack of sufficient financial backing for the “Soca Warriors” as they count down the days before the opening Group B match against Sweden in Dortmund.

Chairman of the Issa Nicholas Group of Companies, Mr Nicholas himself presented Warner with a cheque valued at $200,000 on behalf of the Crowne Plaza which was dubbed by Warner as the official hotel of the Soca Warriors and extent the TTFF, and moments later he received a further $250,000 from T&TEC as the electricity company offered its late but never the less much appreciated assistance. T&TEC’s corporate communications manager Dennis McComie said his company was committed to offering its support to the team and by extent the development of the country through sports, moreso football.

The national team has stayed at the Crowne Plaza for all of its home 2006 World Cup qualifying matches and friendly international games during the journey and T&TEC further proposed to assist by providing funds for the National Under 15 Championship as well as the 2006 Secondary Schools Football League. They will also sign up endorsement deals with five players (Chris Birchall, Silvio Spann, Stern John, Cyd Gray and Aurtis Whitley) of the T&T World Cup squad. The Hotel will also accommodate several media representatives from as far as China, Sweden, England, Germany, Scotland and Peru who will be in the country for the May 10 friendly against Peru.

â€œI wish I could have come here this afternoon and say that we have all the money we need. I wish I could have said that the team will be happy and feel comfortable based on what we have received today from here as well as from low. I wish that I could have come to tell you that we would not need any more financial assistance but we need only your prayers, your hopes and your aspirations,” Warner said.

He added that up to this day not a nickel nor cheque has been received from the Government following its announcement of a $45 million hand out to the TTFF for the “Soca Warriors” appearance at the World Cup earlier this month. Warner called it an irresponsible press release by the authorities.

He added that head coach Leo Beenhakker and his coaching staff were paid their salaries for this month and that the team staff will receive its qualifying bonuses amounting to one million before month end with the players already receiving theirs.

“Last Sunday at a LOC meeting it was said that we have to pay $6 million by the next day,” Warner added. ‘We were able to pay half of that and we have until Friday to pay the rest,” referring to bills concerning the team’s preparations and participating in Germany.

“Is it right for our footballers to be denied assistance based on the success they have brought?” Warner asked. “ I know I have done almost every evil thing possible to some people, organizations, and some parties, real or imagine. But football has not and therefore don’t use me as the vehicle to punish the football,” Warner said. He mentioned that skipper Dwight Yorke told him on the weekend that he arrives here on May 3 and will be meeting with dignitaries and officials in Tobago and asked “Jack what to do?” but his response was to follow his conscience as any advice from him would be termed politically motivated.

Warner did say that the TTFF can now boast of having paid off all its owes and that he will go to all lengths to ensure the team was not found wanting of any finances or any other tool when it takes on the likes of England, Sweden and Paraguay in June

Photos show Warner receiving cheque from T&TEC mascot and then from Issa Nicholas on behalf of the Crowne Plaza 

Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2007, 05:29:46 AM »
Under all seriousness, all de money that was given to the TTFF last year for 2006....how de hell dey bankrupt and cyar pay de coach and we still begging JW who have to turn round and blackmail we?....

1 + 1 just eh adding up to 2 here.....who de hell is dey Accountant again?.....

Nah man, nah man....something eh right here at all, at all.....

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2007, 05:37:19 AM »
Under all seriousness, all de money that was given to the TTFF last year for 2006....how de hell dey bankrupt and cyar pay de coach and we still begging JW who have to turn round and blackmail we?....

As Jennings say let d fraud squad raid d TTFF today. They must be shredding document now after they hear Jennings talk
Youtube Channel

Offline HEARNAR

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2007, 07:16:00 AM »
It just bad management of funds no accountability . So they do what they want and the sport suffers. What a travesty to the beautiful game in sweet T&T.

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2007, 07:24:06 AM »
we have missed an opportunity for a rebirth in our football, god and god alone can help us now.our football programmes have restarted but our future is not secure.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2007, 07:36:33 AM »
Time to get rid of camps.. Put Anil Roberts as the President of TTFF instead.. He knows how to do everything

surely you jest

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2007, 09:54:30 AM »

Beenie need to augment his saying. "In football finances 2+2 is not always equal.....

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2007, 11:33:27 AM »
Ah not sure if this is good news or bad news.  ???

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2007, 12:58:18 PM »
I think TTFF still have to submit the paperwork first.

as Minister of Sport Roger Boynes announced at the post cabinet press conference that the mentioned sum will be made available to the local governing body for the game.

He eh say WHEN it will be made available.

And

Boynes added  that the TTFF will be required to submit details of the contract arrangements, terms and conditions with respect to the technical staff of the national team and once these requirements are fulfilled by the TTFF, Boynes added, the Ministry of Sport will report to cabinet on the dispersement of funds in keeping with the whole question of transparency of public funds.

1]; } ?>