April 18, 2024, 07:26:44 PM

Author Topic: Croft leaves LOC 2010.  (Read 6440 times)

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Croft leaves LOC 2010.
« on: March 16, 2007, 09:14:23 PM »
Croft leaves LOC 2010.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).
[/size]

Colin Croft has departed as chief operating officer (COO) of the Local Organising Committee (LOC) for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa, six months after being installed by FIFA vice-president Jack Warner.
Back then Warner, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation's (T&TFF) special adviser, said Croft was chosen from six candidates and given special consideration because of his familiarity with South Africa.
"I have nothing directly to do with that. I suggest you call Roy Augustus, the human resource officer," said Warner yesterday when asked about Croft's removal.
Last September, Warner introduced Croft as the man whose job it was to organise matches, events and raise corporate financing in the build-up to T&T's qualification bid for the 2010 World Cup. The LOC was to be based in Arouca, but has actually been set up at the Centre of Excellence, Macoya. Croft was to head several sub-committees and also to report to a board of directors.
However, after seeking several leaves of absence, Croft was relieved of the post. That was confirmed yesterday by Augustus, the LOC's human resource officer, who said the departure of the former West Indies fast bowler and cricket commentator was an amicable one.
"There is not anything negative about it really. It was a question of Mr Croft not having time to juggle the job with the other things he does. It was a pleasant separation and a mutual kind of thing," Augustus told the Express.
Asked if the T&TFF's World Cup campaign was affected now that the LOC's chief organiser was no longer on the job, Augustus replied: "We are in the search for a COO," while explaining that in the interim the current staff will have to increase their work load to make up for Croft's loss.
"It's not such an unusual thing really. Going into the last World Cup in Germany, we went in without a COO at several times after separation with individuals for one reason or the other. Some of us have had to double up what we do, but we have always got the job done," said Augustus.
When he took the job last September, Guyana-born Croft said the first World Cup to be played on the African continent will thrill the world in ways never before experienced and he was happy to be part of the project. He described South Africa as being football crazy.
In taking over the post formerly held by Jamaican Horace Reid, Croft admitted it will be a challenge and listed his job specification as being the main organiser of the T&T effort to qualify for the next World Cup.
He also said none of the inhabitants of Trinidad and Tobago should be thinking if Trinidad and Tobago will get to South Africa 2010. "It must be when," not if, he exclaimed.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 06:08:23 AM by Flex »

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
Re: Croft leaves LOC 2010
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 09:51:24 PM »
Its now offical , The TTFF is being ran by the UNC ;D
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Croft leaves LOC 2010.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 03:54:40 PM »
I could bet i know what going on with Croft,the guy not into no games/politics with JW and them,he tell himself he have better things to do and before somebody say they fire him is better he walk away(early).

I watching what going on with Lincoln for the longest while and i just read his article,the guy is trying to just deal with Football but the politics just keep getting in the way and that's what messing him up,as long as JW is around the two can't be separated.

I might be wrong but the TTFF didn't say they was not funding anything,they said they didn't have money to fund the programs,JW was the one that said he was pulling out,according to what Lincoln is saying the programs was not dissolved is just that they didn't have money to run them.

I know Lincoln personally and he is all for the betterment of our Football,he is very open and trys his best to please everyone,politics is not his game,a lot of ppl will find why doesn't he do this or that is just that he is not a radical kind of person but will tell you what he thinks in the best way he can,i don't being President of Football is the best place for him,that will limit him too much,the knowledge and experience that man has is better suited in a number of areas,he needs to be closer to the people.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 07:15:20 PM »
Good evening Coop and friends,
 I read the article. I know Lincoln trying to straddle the middle road. The fact of the the matter is, that Jack has total control of TTFF. All the voting officers are his yesmen. If an election was call tomorrow. All the voting officers will vote Jack, because that is where their bread butter. As far as I know, only the zone associations can vote, not the clubs. If that has to change, some kind of constitutional ammendment must be made for all the clubs to participate in the vote. Jack will not allow that. If we call on the govt to force a change, FiFa will step in  to threaten the TT membership. Is a no win situation.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 07:22:22 PM »
Everybody know that Croft does be bad talkin Lara at every opportunity. So all of a sudden he trvael schedule is a issue. Them fellas is the best. They eh know he is a cricket commentator.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 06:18:50 AM »
Good evening Coop and friends,
 If we call on the govt to force a change, FiFa will step in  to threaten the TT membership. Is a no win situation.

But Deeks, what if that is what is needed??........something radical, embarrassment by getting banned.  Yes ah know it goh look bad, we now qualify fuh a WC den a year or so later, we get ban from FIFA.  But something just wrong about being able to take MY tax dollars, but the Gov't cyar ask questions of the TTFF??.....

Anywho, it is very apparent that we have nobody in this here country with the balls to stand up for what is right......I real disappointed with Boynes dread....real disappointed..... :( :(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 01:05:15 PM »
I ready to bite the bullet, are the real football ifans n TT ready to go all the way. I living in foreign, I can say this and that and the other. The effort must start with the people at home,  with total(not wishy-washy) backing from the foreign base supporters. We must have this change soon. If not, we will see LP leaving the scence in total disgust.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 06:31:46 PM »
If it was not for this forum I would have stop goin football. I that fed up but this forum infectious so whenevr  they say stay in yuh yard and doh go I ready
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 06:38:03 PM »
fuh me ...that was always ah jackass appointment....full stop
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 11:33:06 AM »
fuh me ...that was always ah jackass appointment....full stop

I agree wholeheartedly with that statement knowing how the individual conducted his operations at SPEC
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 12:04:05 PM »
that appointment made no sense even Anil Jack spin doctor could not spin it.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 12:05:09 PM »
When i read some of these posts i does wonder if some of you ppl for real,after following every day what's going on with our Football we still find ppl should accept what ever going on and stay involved,i think one way to deal with anything you don't like is to walk away,the man ain't make no scandal so he is wrong,no one can say his real reasons for doing so.

How many of you have ever worked for JW,you not sure of getting paid,a pension plan,can you make a career of it,working for the TTFF you always on edge about tomorrow,i know of so many ppl that have given so many years of free service to our Football and now there is money they can't even go to see a game,if TTFF could not pay the Coaches/Programs do you think the would pay Croft?everybody taking care of themselves,it's a matter of what's best for him.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 02:35:38 PM »
Everybody know working for Jack is having the devil for a boss. So if you take a job with Jack be prepared for the heat. You cyah say half way true that Jack is a devil the whole world knows this.

So if you jump in bed with Jack, you jump in bed with the devil. Why you think he with the UNC remember Bas say he go sleep with the devil is Jack he was talkin bout.

As BM and FLi say idiot appointment from day zero.

1]; } ?>