April 18, 2024, 01:09:43 PM

Author Topic: Peltier gone for now, but he may well return.  (Read 10280 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Peltier gone for now, but he may well return.
« on: March 18, 2007, 06:29:34 AM »
By: Terry Phillips (S.Wales Echo).
[/size]

The Bluebirds have shelved plans to sign pacey midfield player Lester Peltier from Trinidad and Tobago.
Peltier, aged 18 and from San Juan Jabloteh FC in the T&T Pro League, played in a behind-closed-doors friendly at Hereford.
But, after only three minutes and seconds after Dave Jones had taken his seat, Peltier suffered a shin injury.
It was shocking timing. City have been impressed with the youngster, who could be quicker than any player at Ninian Park.
Now he faces the possibility of an operation, but should be back for the start of the season in Trinidad during June.
Don't be surprised if Peltier does return, though. He really was impressive. Arsenal, Portsmouth and Millwall have shown strong interest, but his agent, Paul Mohamed, is based in Cardiff and is a strong Bluebirds fan.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 06:59:10 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
Re: Peltier gone for now, but he may well return.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 06:32:16 AM »
This is a bit of sad news Flex.. but that's life... >:(
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 06:49:11 AM »
Don't be surprised if Peltier does return, though. He really was impressive. Arsenal, Portsmouth and Millwall have shown strong interest, but his agent, Paul Mohamed, is based in Cardiff and is a strong Bluebirds fan.
?!?!?

dat is a hard luck for de youth.....but me eh understand what the agent being a Bluebirds fan have to do wid anything
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 06:58:14 AM »
?!?!?

dat is a hard luck for de youth.....but me eh understand what the agent being a Bluebirds fan have to do wid anything

I second that,what if mohammed the profit is ah bluebird fan,at the end of the day is peltiers career on the line not mohammed,I tell yuh some of these agents smell till they stink with self interest............

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 07:06:08 AM »
he should go to arsneal or porthsmouth(under rednapp)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 08:03:30 AM »
an agent first off suppose to have connections....now that being said these championship clubs are always sniffing for young talent usually former primiership trainees or youth internationals from other countries...maybe the agent has a strong tie within the bluebirds organization that could lead to keeping Corncurls name on file.

well newaysz all d best meh boy yuh must reach sumhow

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 08:26:33 AM »
Arsenal, Portsmouth and Millwall have shown strong interest, but his agent, Paul Mohamed, is based in Cardiff and is a strong Bluebirds fan.

What dat have to do with anything? Anyway..it is a South Wales publication so hopefully the reporter taking some liberties in his writing to make the public feel they have a great chance to sign an exciting new talent...or maybe Mohamed just playing the press in order to keep the club very interested.

But is it me, or did Peltier go on trial at Millwall? I thought the Cardiff and Arsenal trials were by chance. And Peltier has Dutch roots and should be able to play anywhere in the EU. I get the feeling this agent not really doing enough. If Mohamed is such a Cardiff fan, why he didn't get a trial there in the first place. The club seemed to be extremely impressed with him...but then again, maybe they weren't intersted in him until they got a look by chance at a Millwall reserve match. Maybe Moamed got them to look then. And why has he not had any trials in Holland where his family is from? I don't know the whole picture..I can't condemn the agent too much I guess, cuz I know very little about how these things operate...but I am dissapointed that a talent that Arsenal thought was worth a look..had originally gone out to trial with Millwall...and that a kid with Dutch citizenship (or the ability to obtain Dutch citizenship) hasn't even trialled in Holland

Offline Papachunks

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 09:02:10 AM »
Wow, but even if de man injured, dose clubs were supposed to be loving him bad....dey woulda sign him anyway, and wait for recovery to me.....something fishy.
I hope that injury isnt career threatening.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 09:14:06 AM »
Wow, but even if de man injured, dose clubs were supposed to be loving him bad....dey woulda sign him anyway, and wait for recovery to me.....something fishy.
I hope that injury isnt career threatening.

negotiaions maybe break down i feel  remember they were holding  talks .. I remember with kelvin  jack fenwick mess him up asking fuh to much from ready they said on a raido show  .. could this be the case
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 10:55:17 AM »
Shit man, I hope he doesn't really need an operation.
In any case, he have some time before the next season starts so let's hope for the best.

Shit again.
Steups.

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 01:15:26 PM »
Very Sad.
Smoke and Fly

Offline broko

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 02:25:51 PM »
By: Terry Phillips (S.Wales Echo).
[/size]

But, after only three minutes and seconds after Dave Jones had taken his seat, Peltier suffered a shin injury.
.Now he faces the possibility of an operation.                                         Shin injury requiring an operation??? Wha kinda injury is dat. Ah could understand a knee, ankle or foot injury requiring surgery. Any body have more details about this injury?quote]

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 02:50:57 PM »
Arsenal, Portsmouth and Millwall have shown strong interest, but his agent, Paul Mohamed, is based in Cardiff and is a strong Bluebirds fan.

wtf is this shit?
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2007, 03:38:28 PM »

wtf is this shit?

conflict of interest there

Offline Papachunks

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2007, 04:47:00 PM »

wtf is this shit?

I dont think Portsmouth was interested...it was Cardiff who was interested along with Arsenal and Milwall.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 08:35:05 AM »
Awright son...time to show some character here. Take a lesson from Carlos Edwards' previous injury experience. Heal fast and well, stay focused on your game plan. God speed. :beermug:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 11:19:23 AM »
Fingers crossed.... dig in deep and work hard man..... it will be aight

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2007, 03:00:40 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2007, 03:13:57 PM »
 PELTIER COMES HOME ON WEDNESDAY PELTIER COMES HOME ON WEDNESDAY 

Trinidad and Tobago youth striker Lester Peltier will return home on Wednesday after spending the last few weeks on trials at English clubs Arsenal, Milwall and Cardiff City.

From all indications, Peltier is likely to return on a deal most likely at Cardiff which has opened up negotiations. According to CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh head coach Terry Fenwick, Arsenal have also kept interest in the player.

Reports from Cardiff stated that Peltier also picked up a slight shin injury but they have maintained interest after his impressive spell at the club.

“He gets in on Wednesday when he flies in with Milwall’s directors. When he gets back we will continue to be in talks with Cardiff and also Arsenal and also see where he is comfortable. Discussions with our club directors will also take place,” Fenwick said.

Fenwick also relayed that national team defender Keyeno Thomas was this week sold to 2006 Pro League champions Keyeno Thomas.

“Keyeno was in and out of the team last season with injuries but now he’s back playing again. He’s had a recall to the national team and hopefully a fresh start will get him back on track,” Fenwick said.

The former England international added that Jabloteh’s players will be present at national Senior team training sessions all week and are all available for the friendly international against Guadeloupe on Saturday with it being on an international date. (March 19, 2007.Photo shows Keyeno Thomas in training on Monday.)

Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2007, 01:26:25 AM »
How come sll dem youths picking up injury just when they about to make it ?
Silvio Spann etc.
Is just badluck or something else? Like lack of green fig in they diet ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2007, 05:30:01 AM »
Silvio Spann etc.

Dem boy and dem eatin' too much........"fish"  :devil:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2007, 05:52:23 AM »
Fenwick also relayed that national team defender Keyeno Thomas was this week sold to 2006 Pro League champions Keyeno Thomas.

Them writers like they do not check back they work before they publish.....

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2007, 06:49:00 AM »
Silvio Spann etc.

Dem boy and dem eatin' too much........"fish"  :devil:

Only if it is of the salted variety.  ;D ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2007, 01:52:48 PM »
You know how much fish Dwight Yorke eat in Canaan and he nevr had all them injuries?  Don't blame the fish, although ah sure a lil' coc'nut water and seaweed helpin' them 'bago boys.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2007, 05:27:32 PM »

Them writers like they do not check back they work before they publish.....

Keyeno Thomas is ah big side boi, rel amateurs  :P

1]; } ?>