April 19, 2024, 08:09:57 AM

Author Topic: Diversionary nonsense!  (Read 3713 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Diversionary nonsense!
« on: March 21, 2007, 09:57:39 PM »
Diversionary nonsense!
By: Lasana Liburd  (Trinidad Express)

Jennings scoffs as Warner contradicts FIFA

It took Daryan Warner, son of FIFA vice-president and United National Congress (UNC) deputy political leader Jack Warner, seven days to respond-via e-mail-to reports that FIFA had fined him and/or Simpaul Travel just over $6.2 million for its profiteering in the build-up to the 2006 World Cup.
And, according to English investigative reporter and author Andrew Jennings, Daryan might have spared everyone the trouble of his effort.
Daryan, a former Simpaul Travel director, claimed that neither he nor any company he represented had "been fined for any action surrounding World Cup 2006" and accused Jennings of harassment by "daily e-mail correspondence".
The local businessman further dared Jennings to show evidence of the fine and insisted that he was outside the jurisdictions of FIFA as well as its member associations and confederations.
Daryan went on to congratulate his father who will start his fourth successive term as CONCACAF president unopposed on May 12.
"I refute categorically the libelous allegations about 'ticket scalping'", stated Daryan. "I have never been in receipt of a billing, made a payment towards, received nor distributed the tickets in question for the Japanese, Mexican or English agencies as reported in the slanderous articles it is of particular interest to me that Mr Jennings has not been asked to produce any evidence to confirm his allegations.
"May I take this opportunity to congratulate Mr Jack Warner on his re-election as president of CONCACAF despite the efforts of Mr Jennings who travelled to almost every country in CONCACAF's region slandering Mr Warner's name while trying to peddle his book."
Daryan's statement was at odds with the FIFA 2006 World Cup regulations which, in article 44 verse two, states that "FIFA and the Organising Committee for the FIFA World Cup will issue special ticket regulations for all ticketing matters, which will apply to all ticket holders, including but not limited to associations".
International accounting firm Ernst & Young (E&Y) investigated the Simpaul Travel ticket scandal, and declared that Simpaul had violated its contract with FIFA.
The E&Y report was accepted by the FIFA Disciplinary Committee last June.
Daryan, according to a leaked report from the FIFA executive committee, was asked to "reimburse FIFA the sum of EUR 754,375" on June 4, 2006, despite the fact that Disciplinary Committee chairman Marcel Mathier ruled that Daryan "could not be sanctioned by FIFA as he did not fall under FIFA's jurisdiction".
Daryan, in his e-mail, appeared to highlight the latter point while ignoring the former.
Jennings was unimpressed at Daryan's attempts to clear himself, which he labelled as "pathetic, diversionary nonsense".
"What a short memory Mr Daryan Warner has," said Jennings.
"May I remind him that he was interviewed by the FIFA ticket auditors from Ernst & Young in Manchester and Trinidad exactly a year ago.
"Their report, which went to FIFA General Secretary Urs Linsi on April 11 2006, detailed his complete involvement.
"Anybody who doubts this can download the Ernst & Young reports from my website (www.tra nsparencyinsport.org) and read the gory details."
Jennings reiterated that FIFA president Sepp Blatter announced the penalty on Daryan and Simpaul Travel last December based on "legally binding agreements" between the two parties.
He scoffed at Daryan's claims of "daily" harassment and accused him of convenient "memory loss" while he also denied travelling the region in an attempt to unseat Warner.
"Daryan, count again, I think it is four e-mails (from me) since September last year," said Jennings.
"Daryan also says I have travelled 'to almost every country in CONCACAF's region slandering Mr Warner's name while trying to peddle his book'.
Since my book FOUL! was published in May last year-and is now translated into 12 languages-I have been to one CONCACAF country-Trinidad and Tobago.
"Daryan's reliability about my travels has as much truth as the rest of his pathetic, diversionary nonsense."
Jennings did not offer congratulations to Warner for returning to his post atop the CONCACAF region.
"The re-election of Jack Warner to his positions in regional football," said Jennings, "is a sad commentary on the conduct of public affairs, as nearly everybody, except the Warners and their bag carriers, well knows."

« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 11:22:00 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Diversionary nonsense!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 10:05:23 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl:

These Warners is tears yes
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 10:34:48 PM »
Like father, like thun. Stammering thcum bagth.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 10:51:28 PM »
I eh thaying he nethetharily look like him......but he remine meh of Gary Coleman.  But even he have more thcruplth dan dith bunch of tiefin' foolth!

(allyuh men ent eathy nuh!!)

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 11:01:05 PM »
Ah was just about to change mih "Jenninigs is ah bold faced liar " to  "Daryn is ah pathetic waste of time"

Yuh beat mih to it triniman.

ps Ah still doh like de wimp.  ;D ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 05:12:01 AM »
Abott and Castello  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."