April 18, 2024, 12:25:26 PM

Author Topic: Wife faces jail after spouse kills her lover  (Read 3353 times)

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wife faces jail after spouse kills her lover
« on: April 01, 2007, 07:03:34 AM »
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 12:02:28 PM by Cocoapanyol »
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Re: Wife faces jail fater spouse kills her lover
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 07:46:45 AM »
wow..i eh think that fair?
wah de jail. but then again trini soceity so different whenti comes to that eh.i coulda see him putting a cut arse on de man or she maybe dont i eh condone that. but she ging to jail.way sah
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 08:12:33 AM »
that is a strange verdict but it makes sense.  texas not easy.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 09:48:04 AM »
 :applause: :applause: to the jury!!

she killed that man as surely as if she had put the gun to his head herself! Damned fool.

Amazing jury work though...it's rare that justice is served this well.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 09:56:40 AM »
dais madness
cyah argree with no ppunishment for the husband.
that could set ah bad precident. u saying that de man didnt have any control of himself..steups eh
i think she is culpable. but she eh pul lde trigger.

Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 10:03:46 AM »
dais madness
that could set ah bad precident. u saying that de man didnt have any control of himself..steups eh

control?

You arrive to find a man on your wife and she is screaming and you're going to wait until he is done then ask him to step away so you two can discuss it like gentlemen?
What if it were your 12 year old daughter? Your 12 year old son? Would you show 'control'?
In Texas you can carry arms to protect your limb and property. This is what the husband did.

I also think George Bush should be impeached if not jailed for this war. It isn't the soldiirs who are killing, it is Bush. Don't mess with Texas yet their boy is messing all over the world. The gander living large while the goose scratching.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 10:06:00 AM by Queen Macoomeh »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 10:09:20 AM »
dais madness

control?

You arrive to find a man on your wife and she is screaming and you're going to wait until he is done then ask him to step away so you two can discuss it like gentlemen?
What if it were your 12 year old daughter? Your 12 year old son? Would you show 'control'?
In Texas you can carry arms to protect your limb and property. This is what the husband did.

I also think George Bush should be impeached if not jailed for this war. It isn't the soldiirs who are killing, it is Bush. Don't mess with Texas yet their boy is messing all over the world. The gander living large while the goose scratching.
kids eh relevant here. is a woman an adult. i never say discuss it. so by the same token he  shoulda shoot she also ent. wah ever u eh like or mak eu blood boil u should jus shoot ent. dais what u saying/
i nto saying eh eh wrong i saying the man suppose to get some time also.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 10:19:13 AM »
dais madness

control?

kids eh relevant here. is a woman an adult. i never say discuss it. so by the same token he  shoulda shoot she also ent. wah ever u eh like or mak eu blood boil u should jus shoot ent. dais what u saying/
i nto saying eh eh wrong i saying the man suppose to get some time also.

Please do not misunderstand me. I am saying I understand completely what he did. The wife threw all responsibility on the victim. She aimed that gun at him by crying rape.

I used the children as an example because you are the protector of your family. This wasn't a truck the man was breaking into. It was a person that you (supposedly) hold dear that he was apparently violating.

No he would not have shot her if she is crying rape..how did you get there from my post?

It is a gun state, old testament rules. I am not saying you should kill what you don't like. Again you're either misunderstanding me deliberately for argument sake or I am not making myself clear. Don't read into my words though.

I used the example of Bush to make my point clearer. Did you see that?

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 10:27:25 AM »
i hear you. understood bush example. and now understand what u saying in terms of she cried rape.thats y de guys shot.
let me ask u somehting now.
if she didnt cry rape. and it was obvious that she was conseting...should have have been shot instead or same way asde guy?

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 10:40:47 AM »
unfortunately, when you put weapons in the hands of imperfect beings we backslide into the old ways. We attack...even the most mild mannered people can lose it and the situation becomes fatal if we have the means in our hands.

I don't like guns but they do nothing but sit there. It's guns in people's hands that worry me.

If it were consenting she would probaby have lost her life, maybe her lover might have been killed also. The husband would most likely have gone to jail for double murder - aggravated.

Nobody 'should' have been shot. But somebody was and I understand why the jury returned with that verdict.

...but it's easy to pontificate from the safety and calm of my bystander status.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2007, 12:09:31 PM »
Damn right. Dat woman wicked. Rather than face up to her actions....she gone and get de man killed. It possible that he woulda shoot de man when he realise he was getting horn...buh...yuh cant say for sure. But...if a man come home and see he wife getting rape...and de man trying to get away.....any effort would be made to stop him. Can't fault the man for that at all.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2007, 05:36:25 PM »

Conviction for lying to police yes.
Manslaughter no.  If she knew the husband had a gun, saying rape cud have been self defense knowing he might kill them both.

I also not sure if the husband without fault shooting a man in the back(fleeing) with no immediate threat.  It passable I guess since he was a fleeing assailant?

I hope they overturn the wife's conviction on appeal or at a higher court.  Fear of the husband and for her life should be a good enough defense.

Shoot first ask questions later eh   :-\    unfortunate but inevitable.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2007, 06:00:42 PM »
some very interesting points there DCS.
that is a complicated situation but if dem in Texas happy who is me
Doh mess wid Texas

i go ask meh sister in law what she thinks  ;D
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 06:02:49 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2007, 06:06:34 PM »
She look for dat.  She literally kill de man, especially knowing she living in Texas and knowing de husband have a gun.  I think justice was served.

I don't fault de man at all.  If you see your wife in a car with a next man and she bawling rape, and de car take off.  I wasn't thinking at all.  I would shoot de man too.  What would you do?

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2007, 09:07:01 PM »
Mark Osler, a Baylor University law school professor and a former federal prosecutor, said the grand jurors evidently put themselves in the husband's place: "I can see one of them saying, `I would have shot the guy, too. I was just protecting my wife.'"

full stop.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2007, 09:12:49 PM »
Mark Osler, a Baylor University law school professor and a former federal prosecutor, said the grand jurors evidently put themselves in the husband's place: "I can see one of them saying, `I would have shot the guy, too. I was just protecting my wife.'"

full stop.

true if i think ah amnw as raping meh wife i woulda shoot also.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2007, 07:21:14 AM »
This is what makes law so interesting.  Every situation is weighed independently.  All the scenarios being presented in the thread has nothing to do with THAT situation.  As Cana said, the jury arrived at the conclusion based on the situation at the time it happened.

I agree with the verdict myself.  It should hopefully be a lesson to all and if yuh eh happy in yuh blasted marriage/relationship, den LEAVE.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2007, 08:17:03 AM »
This is what makes law so interesting.  Every situation is weighed independently.  All the scenarios being presented in the thread has nothing to do with THAT situation.  As Cana said, the jury arrived at the conclusion based on the situation at the time it happened.

I agree with the verdict myself.  It should hopefully be a lesson to all and if yuh eh happy in yuh blasted marriage/relationship, den LEAVE.

Ah think so too, but it is a case of having yu cake and eating it and den eating from somebody else cake too.  Is oman so dat does make man go bad.... :beermug: :devil:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2007, 10:00:10 AM »
actually i was reading the story again this morning

is it safe for me to say that this situation is a higher level of provocation?
and in a lesser sense this is how people get buss lip and blue/black eye ?

thoughts appreciated

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2007, 10:12:59 AM »

thoughts appreciated

it is the ultimate boof...

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2007, 12:09:24 PM »

thoughts appreciated

Assistant District Attorney Sean Colston said Texas law allows a defendant to claim justification if he has "a reasonable belief that his actions are necessary, even though what they believe at the time turns out not to be true."

This was the deciding factor in determining the outcome.  So if the husband KNEW de wife was hornin him and came home to that scenario and and she say rape and he shoot de man, chances are he would not have gotten off. 

IMO, it eh "safe" to say or tuh assume nuttin nah.  Every situation does yield different results.  I think this was an extreme situation.  The trigger here was that the wife cried rape.  He mighta shoot de wife if he did ketch dem and he realise what she was up to, in which case, he woulda probably end up in jail and de key get throw way.

1]; } ?>