April 25, 2024, 05:13:12 AM

Author Topic: Connection pair off on MLS trials.  (Read 9380 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Connection pair off on MLS trials.
« on: March 22, 2007, 09:19:59 AM »
Connection pair off on MLS trials.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague.com)

Vibe CT 105 W Connection midfielders Andre Pacheco and William Da Silva Oliviera left Trinidad on Wednesday for the U.S. to take up trials with Major League Soccer Clubs Chicago Fire and Columbus Crew.
Trinidad and Tobago national player Andre Pacheco would spend two weeks with Columbus Crew while Brazilian William Oliviera has six days to impress Chicago Fire.
Both players left Trinidad on an American Airlines flight and are expected to meet their respective representatives of both MLS Clubs on arrival in the U.S.
An excited David John Williams, Owner/President of W Connection told ‘ttproleague.com’, “One of my contacts in the United States saw a DVD of William Oliviera and made available the trial with Chicago Fire.”
“With Andre it was a bit different. A former player of Columbus Crew recommended him to the Club and they accepted,” explained Mr. Williams.
According to the W Connection Owner, both players are expected to feature in matches for the MLS Eastern Conference Clubs over the coming weekend.
Both young men are 23 years old, Oliviera and Pacheco are products of the W Connection Youth System, Pacheco joined the ‘Savonnetta Boys’ in 2000 while Brazilian Oliviera joined in 2003.
Speaking to ‘ttproleague.com’ at the Piarco International Airport, T&T midfielder Andre Pacheco said, “I have been waiting on this opportunity for sometime now and I’m looking to make the best of it,” assured Pacheco.
“I can’t wait to get out there. I really want to earn a contract outside of Trinidad and this trial in the MLS would give me the opportunity. It will mean, I would get the exposure I need as a player,” he added.
The T&T midfielder also admits it would be tough to leave his current club, W Connection if he earns a MLS contract, “It’s going to be hard for me to just leave knowing that I have spent most of my career at W Connection. But at some point I would have to move on and if I get the chance to better myself then I would move on,” said Pacheco.
The W Connection player had to abort training with the Trinidad and Tobago national team under Head Coach Wim Rijsbergen as they prepare for a friendly international against Guadeloupe this Saturday as part of the Gold Cup preparations.
On that matter the player was a bit disappointed, “Yes, I really appreciate going on trial and really want to earn a contract outside, but I am disappointed not being able to make my national team for the upcoming friendly matches,” ended Pacheco.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 10:30:55 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Papachunks

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Connection pair off on MLS trials
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 09:41:34 AM »
Some more good news....boy well i hope all dese fellas getting trials pick up a contract.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 09:46:12 AM »
personally i only care bout Pacheco, ah hope he makes it......admittedly ah bad-talk him during de digicel cup after ah see him miss one ah de biggest/most gift-wrapped sitters in de opening minutes of one ah dem games, i had said he would never, ever play for de SocaWarriors.....well ah hope de boy do good and prove meh wrong...good luck bredda!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 09:49:01 AM »
Good luck to them, hope something works out for Pacheco

who allyuh think is that "former Columbus Crew player" that recommended him?  ;D

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 09:56:31 AM »
Daiz real nice news. Big up :beermug:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
Re: Connection pair off on MLS trials.
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 12:41:12 PM »
All de best tuh dem fellas man....Ah relly hope Pacheco get he bligh...
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 01:39:22 PM »
Ser Gut!!!!!!!!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 02:25:15 PM »
allyuh tell meh something....how come when connection send players out to trials and contracts nobody does say things like " david williams is ah tief and ah cacahole and only want money"....but if is terry fenick....then is bout 29 post bout terry dis and dat....how come???....am i detecting some kinda underlying ting here???....and do tell meh nothing bout williams own connection and terry is ah coach....all avenues for our players/youngsters are welcome by me....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 02:41:52 PM »
great just great :)
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 02:42:50 PM »
good news all around... hope it keeps on comming.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 02:43:08 PM »
allyuh tell meh something....how come when connection send players out to trials and contracts nobody does say things like " david williams is ah tief and ah cacahole and only want money"....but if is terry fenick....then is bout 29 post bout terry dis and dat....how come???....am i detecting some kinda underlying ting here???....and do tell meh nothing bout williams own connection and terry is ah coach....all avenues for our players/youngsters are welcome by me....

good question  Big Mag

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2007, 07:08:43 AM »
Andrei Pacheco is due home today. Pacheco, who was on trial at Columbus Crew, has a hernia injury which requires surgery.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2007, 07:23:48 AM »

i think there is a general dislike for Fenwick, however i think most usually comment on his treatment of players in regards to playing for the Natl Team, I know I do.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2007, 07:28:09 AM »
Andrei Pacheco is due home today. Pacheco, who was on trial at Columbus Crew, has a  injury which requires surgery.
tuff luck dey hope he bounce back

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2007, 08:01:39 AM »
Check this out nah,would it be funny if all them brazilian we have playing home for connection etc,do well in the trials,so much so that the yankees make them citizens between now and 2010,oops they making the U.S. national squad and bussing we net.

Just ah thought,don't know if that will ever happen though.......... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2007, 09:28:05 AM »
Andrei Pacheco is due home today. Pacheco, who was on trial at Columbus Crew, has a hernia injury which requires surgery.

What's up with all these players getting injured while on trials. It seems like they all do now.
TnT Patriot

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2007, 10:19:11 AM »

What's up with all these players getting injured while on trials. It seems like they all do now.

Yeah hoss..it rell unfortunate but it does happen in sports....anyway ah wish Pacheco ah speedy recovery and hope he get ah nex chance tuh secure ah foreign contract.....Blessings my youth!!!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 11:30:03 AM by breezers »
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

1]; } ?>