March 29, 2024, 09:47:13 AM

Author Topic: LESTER Peltier agrees four year deal with Portsmouth  (Read 27158 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
LESTER Peltier agrees four year deal with Portsmouth
« on: March 22, 2007, 09:21:56 AM »
Portsmouth offers Peltier four-year contract.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague).
[/size]

English Premiership Club Portsmouth have offered CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh’s Lester Peltier and Atulla Guerra four year contracts opening up negotiations with the Pro League giants for the two young players.
The Trinidad and Tobago under-20 attacking midfielder Lester Peltier was scheduled to return from England on Wednesday but had his flight pushed back because of passport problems and will now arrive on Thursday.
According to Jabloteh’s Head Coach Terry Fenwick, Portsmouth has now joined the line of interests along with Arsenal and Cardiff City.
Speaking to ‘ttproleague.com’ Fenwick preferred to remain tightlipped on the situation, “We can’t say much on the offer by Portsmouth right now. Over the next week Portsmouth and Jabloteh’s chairman Jerry Hospedales and vice-chairman Wilfred Espinet will be engaged in negotiations,” he said.
“Lester has done fantastically well in England and we now have to look for the best offer available,” added the Jabloteh Coach.
As for youngster Atulla Guerra, Fenwick said, “We would first deal with Lester because he has done great on his trials and then we can move on with Guerra,” ended Fenwick.
Englishman Steve Davies who arrived in Trinidad on Wednesday and currently acts as Peltier’s agent in England also confirmed the offer.
Davies told ‘ttproleague.com’, “All the Clubs Lester has been to in England wants him. He has done extremely well in England and has been offered a four year deal by Premiership Club, Portsmouth along with another Jabloteh player Atulla Guerra.”
“No player outside of England at Lester’s age has ever been offered such a deal by a Premiership Club. He would be making history,” exclaimed Davies.
No reason however was revealed by Fenwick and Davies on how Atulla Guerra was granted such an offer by Portsmouth after the player didn’t go on trials.
Lester Peltier only spent two days on trial with Portsmouth, he had a five week stay in England saw him having stints with Premiership Giants Arsenal, Cardiff City, Millwall FC and most recently Portsmouth.
Emotional return for Lester Peltier.
By: Gordon Pierre (ttproleague).
[/size]

Cl Financial San Juan Jabloteh’s teenage sensation Lester Peltier returned from what turned out to be a month long trial at various clubs in England, last night at around 8.25pm. A tired looking Peltier was met by his met by his mother Ann-Marie Peltier when he arrived at the Piarco International Airport, yesterday.
The young Jabloteh striker attracted attention form many clubs in England, including, Cardiff City, Millwall, Manchester City and premierships giant Arsenal, however the young attacking midfielder is said to be close to signing a four year deal with premiership team Portsmouth.
When ttproleague.com spoke to Lester after an emotional greeting by his mother, the young man from Carenage stated, “The trip was exciting, it was a different experience, a different life style and a good one for me, but I am glad to be back home with my family”.
The young man who rubbed shoulders with some of the worlds’ best, during his stint in England was full of advice for upcoming youngsters. He encouraged, “When you are good at something you must not give up”.
The 18 year old who seemed have matured immensely from the trip also encouraged other youngsters to pray giving it as one of the reasons for his success. When questioned about what the trip meant personally to him Lester said, “I am glad for the opportunity and although I am not there yet I will be working hard and with time I am sure I will get there”.
Ann-Marie Peltier, Lester’s mother also was very emotional and spoke to ‘ttproleague.com’ and though lost for words she was full of advice for mothers and people in the communities, “There is a lot of greatness and talent in our country, but they needed to be supported and pushed in the right direction”. Mrs Peltier also implored persons to pray for guidance. Lester and his mother left quickly for a meeting with his agent and coach to finalize his contract arrangements with Portsmouth.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 04:49:22 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Portsmouth offers Peltier four-year contract
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 09:25:45 AM »
 :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Let's see what happens.

Ah thought Paul Mohammed was his agent?

Edit:

Lester Peltier only spent two days on trial with Portsmouth

Ah didn't know about this before. Was this mentioned before?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 09:36:13 AM by Peong »

Offline Papachunks

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 09:31:17 AM »
See now this is real good news.....but who is this Guerra boy, never heard his name mention once ?

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 09:33:37 AM »
something sounding fishy!!

but ah love it still!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 09:41:00 AM »
Congrats

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 09:43:08 AM »
still awaiting further confirmation from other sources

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 09:46:51 AM »
coolness if is true. they making the youth sound like the next c. ronaldo.

whoever see peltier play? how he rate?

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 09:49:55 AM »
hmmm....wha bout Cardiff who dis Mohammed (agent?) fellah had ties or something too...after all dis talk  boy ah hope de old "corn curls" really get pickup yes (preferably by Arsenal)....
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 09:51:38 AM »
Sign de contrac' oui. Portsmouth is safe out of relegation zone and now in the upper half of the table. Nothing to lose really by signing. Just geh out of Jackula's, Scamps' and Rodent's way and make something of yuh life.

Barclays Premiership Table
18 March 2007

P GD PTS

1 Man Utd 30 50 75
2 Chelsea 30 35 69
3 Arsenal 29 27 55
4 Liverpool 30 24 54
5 Bolton 30 -3 47
6 Everton 30 12 46
7 Tottenham 30 -1 45
8 Reading 30 5 44
9 Portsmouth 30 5 42
10 Blackburn 30 -5 40
11 Newcastle 30 -5 37
12 Middlesbrough 30 -4 36
13 Aston Villa 30 -6 34
14 Fulham 30 -13 34
15 Man City 29 -12 33
16 Wigan 30 -14 33
17 Sheff Utd 30 -19 31
18 Charlton 30 -21 27
19 West Ham 30 -28 23
20 Watford 30 -27 20
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 09:58:07 AM »
this article sounding real suspicious......however if it is true...this is big big news....congrats young peltier  :beermug:

what i doh understand is how dey could offer a man a contract without seeing him on trials...

No reason however was revealed by Fenwick and Davies on how Atulla Guerra was granted such an offer by Portsmouth after the player didn’t go on trials.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 10:01:24 AM »
this article sounding real suspicious......however if it is true...this is big big news....congrats young peltier  :beermug:

what i doh understand is how dey could offer a man a contract without seeing him on trials...

Maybe a few they sent a few  clips of guerra
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 10:34:17 AM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 10:36:29 AM »
Maybe a few clips but guerra was a member of the under 20 team

dat count for anyting... ::)...

we don't have any senior national guys in the premiership...I cah see how some video clips of a youth from our U20's would do any good

on top ah dat, I've never heard of any player getting a contract with a Premiership side, based on video clips....dat not sounding funny to you?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 10:43:30 AM »

we don't have any senior national guys in the premiership...I cah see how some video clips of a youth from our U20's would do any good

on top ah dat, I've never heard of any player getting a contract with a Premiership side, based on video clips....dat not sounding funny to you?

Yeah i know it funny but licks if is true guerra get a 4 year contract power to fenwick and davis

TrinInfinite

Re: Portsmouth offers Peltier four-year contract.
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2007, 10:45:54 AM »
i heard about guerra already, i also heard he has skill and will surprise in the future but i have never seen him play, good news otherwise but i take all news concerning agents and signings with a grain of salt oui..

God is de BOSS...

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 10:51:06 AM »

licks... the reason we may not have any senior national players in the premiership is either dey eh good enough or dey too old... 'corn curls and guerra still young and have lots of potential. Teams will more than likely take chances on them...good luck to both ah dem  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 10:55:57 AM »
ah hope this work out for dem boys. all de best fellas!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 10:58:35 AM »
Didn't I see that Arsenal wanted Peltier ? ...I could be wrong though .... Just who is supplying this info now ??? Sounds like the rags are being kept busy these days ...
iMAGINE A YOUTH GETTING A CONTRACT WITHOUT EVEN TRYING OUT ! WAAAYYYY

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 11:46:47 AM »
Has anyone noticed the amount of under 21 players getting contracts in Europe in past few months?
Is this due to the Under 20 leagues in the PFL or something else all together.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 12:04:01 PM »

Mar 22 2007
By South Wales Echo

Cardiff City:

LESTER Peltier, an attacking midfielder who spent two weeks on trial with City, has agreed a four-year contract with Premiership Portsmouth.

Pompey have gambled that Peltier, who suffered a shin injury during his trial with the Bluebirds, has the pace and talent to make the grade.

The player from San Juan Tabloteh in the Trinidad and Tobago ProLeague has returned home to rest before joining Portsmouth next season.

'Cardiff were extremely interested, but Lester suffered an injury early in a reserve team match,' said his agent Paul Mohamed.

'Cardiff were still keen to bring him back at the start of next season, but Portsmouth have offered a long-term contract.'

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: LESTER Peltier agrees four year deal with Portsmouth
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 12:10:02 PM »
ok, de reports coming in.  :praying:
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 12:12:30 PM »
one constant i am hearing... d yute have pace.  genuine pace and skill will take u plenty places in football. look around at d quick men in d game...they all making ah name 4 themselves
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2007, 12:14:46 PM »
TI why I not surprise that u know Guerra. After all if he eh shape up h ego be  th enext Hardest.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2007, 12:29:16 PM »
Pompey's new Director of Youth Operations Paul Hart is hoping to unearth a few gems in the coming years as he gets to grips with his position at Fratton Park.

Famed for nurturing the Leeds United youth side who won two FA Youth Cups and provided the backbone of the side which went on to make the Champions League Semi finals in 2001 Hart believes that Pompey have some exciting times ahead.

And he says that it is the future plans of the club that were paramount in bringing his undoubted expertise to the South Coast.

He also took time to look back to his most recent tussles with Pompey when as manager of Nottingham Forest he saw his side lose four times on the bounce.

In 2001-02 in his first season in charge two goals by Lee Bradbury, the winner seven minutes from time, brought Pompey back from 2-1 behind to beat a Forest side that contained Jermaine Jenas 3-2 at Fratton Park. Later on that season an 83rd minute free kick from Robert Prosinecki completed a double giving the club their first league win at Forest in 27 years.

Then Pompey began the glorious promotion season of 2002-03 with a 2-0 victory after goals from Deon Burton and Vincent Pericard. Then at the end of the year they came out of an indifferent spell where they had not won in four games to produce a highly polished performance at The City Ground to win 2-1 with goals from Matty Taylor and Vincent Pericard.

Speaking of his appointment and the future Hart said: "These are exciting times for Pompey and the plans they have for the future convinced me of that.

"So much has happened to the club in a short space of timeand it is good to be a part of what is going on here.

"I eventually want to be judged on what I produce and getting players in the first team eventually is the aim.

"We have to lay the foundations and lay the principles down but I think this is the right time for Pompey to develop the youth set up."

On past memories of games with Pompey he admitted they had left him feeling equally gutted and impressed.

"The 3-2 game I seem to remember we were in control of and then our tactics seemed to go awry and that was that" he said.

"When Pompey beat us the first game of the following season it was a kick in the nuts because we went a goal down very early and were two down by half time.

"And when Pompey came back to us later that season I remember being very impressed by the side and I remember in particular Todorov giving us the run-around that night

"Of course it was always nice to share a drink with Harry who was manager for that second season when Pompey were4 promoted."
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2007, 12:32:00 PM »
It’s a simple case of if yah snoozes yah loose happy for de youth
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2007, 12:39:04 PM »
Jayerson u have a link for dat story or yuh make it up?

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2007, 12:41:05 PM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2007, 12:58:20 PM »
Guerra is a player,

He was the standout for Mucurapo season before last.

The boy he have a deadly bullet and some beat in him. A good midfield player. He scored a wicked bullet in some Trinidad match I went and see.

I happy for he and corn curls, all the best to them.

As a side note...besides Carlos, lawrence and Scotland from defence force.

Do any TT players outside of Jabloteh and Joe Public get contracts abroad?

I never hear Fire, Ne stars or any of the other clubs sell a player for big money overseas.
Is it agents and connection...i.e Fenwick and Jack or is the plan for Jab to buy them cheap from other clubs and den peddle them abroad.

Why I ask this is because player sales is the only real way a club could make money, gate admission is not enough. if yuh sell a player a season to a foreign club tings nice.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2007, 01:29:03 PM »
Congratulations Corn Curls....... do yuh thing

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2007, 01:35:51 PM »
Guerra is a player,

He was the standout for Mucurapo season before last.

The boy he have a deadly bullet and some beat in him. A good midfield player. He scored a wicked bullet in some Trinidad match I went and see.

I happy for he and corn curls, all the best to them.

As a side note...besides Carlos, lawrence and Scotland from defence force.

Do any TT players outside of Jabloteh and Joe Public get contracts abroad?

I never hear Fire, Ne stars or any of the other clubs sell a player for big money overseas.
Is it agents and connection...i.e Fenwick and Jack or is the plan for Jab to buy them cheap from other clubs and den peddle them abroad.

Why I ask this is because player sales is the only real way a club could make money, gate admission is not enough. if yuh sell a player a season to a foreign club tings nice.

I think you forget W Connection also Touches..... :beermug:

1]; } ?>