March 28, 2024, 08:12:26 AM

Author Topic: Players claim blacklist in effect.  (Read 15351 times)

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Players claim blacklist in effect.
« on: April 06, 2007, 09:13:01 PM »
Players claim blacklist in effect.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).
[/size]

Warriors Fume

Trinidad and Tobago's historic goalless draw against Sweden last June, on the twin island republic's World Cup debut in Germany, gave new meaning to the phrase "warrior spirit". But, these days, the "Soca Warriors" appear to have more problems with the enemy within.
The fight between players and administrators over promised bonuses seemed to have taken its toll on the rank and file, this week, as reserve goalkeeper Clayton Ince threatened legal action against his teammates in an effort to distance himself from the activities of the Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT).
It prompted a plea by national players Stern John and Kelvin Jack for the Trinidad and TobagoFootball Federation (T&TFF) to come clean on a supposed blacklist that has seemingly denied the country's most experienced players from wearing red, black and white.
John, who represents English Championship Division club Sunderland, is Trinidad and Tobago's record goal scorer with 67 items while his 100 international appearances is second only to ex-CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh captain Angus Eve, who has 117 caps. He also scored five of the country's six goals in a crucial run of 2006 World Cup qualifying fixtures, two years ago, which clinched a Play Off battle against Bahrain.
But John, who is still available for selection, has not heard from the T&TFF in months. His position is identical to 15 of his World Cup teammates who threatened to take the local football governing body to court over bonuses arising from the team's participation in Germany. Midfielder Densill Theobald initially stood with the dissidents but backed down after being supposedly threatened with omission from the national squad.
"I am a bit disappointed that I didn't get a call (for national selection) but we heard that we were blacklisted," John told the Express, "although the Federation never contacted me personally and told me this was the case. We didn't want to go down this road with the Federation but they left us no choice.
"We had meetings with Groden and so on but things just weren't adding up at all. Even some of the local players who are training now say that the are not fit for a team that just played in a World Cup. Everything we worked so hard for in the summer just went out the window. It is a joke."
Jack, who represents English League One club Gillingham, is equally unimpressed with the treatment meted out to the Warriors. The 30-year-old goalkeeper returned to full training last week after a lengthy lay off with severe tendonitis in his left knee that rendered him unavailable for club and country.
But he also stressed that the T&TFF's alleged response to their bonus dispute is having a negative affect on the team and was eroding the gains made by their 2006 World Cup appearance.
"Players talk obviously and we have seen that players have been available and the Federation has not selected them," said Jack. "Maybe the Federation can explain why players from Aurtis Whitley and Cyd Gray come up are not being selected. Aurtis Whitley is the best player in Trinidad so how come he is not being selected?
"That is a question for the coach to answer It would be very unprofessional not to select a player for non-footballing reasons."
None of the radical 16 Warriors were summoned for national duty since last November's friendly 4-1 loss away to Austria when Trinidad and Tobago's sole item came from Dundee United winger Collin Samuel-another player who found himself on the wrong side of the bonus battle. It spans a period of eight matches under coach Wim Rijsbergen.
Oliver Camps, the president of the T&TFF, insisted that he knew of no such "blacklist" and suggested Rijsbergen had omitted the likes of Kenwyne Jones, Brent Sancho and Samuel on his own accord.
"The coach is doing what he has to do," said Camps. "There is no blacklist; not that I am aware of."
Rijsbergen, a former Holland World Cup player, declined the opportunity to confirm or deny the existence of a blacklist.
"That is something between the Federation and me," said the Dutchman. "I cannot give you an answer on that."
John is anxious to know more about his international future, especially with the CONCACAF Gold Cup coming up in June.
"Hopefully we (the Federation and the players) can get everything sorted by then," said John. "It will be really disappointing if this whole thing hampers the team because I think we turned the corner at the World Cup.
"I think that is one of the strongest Trinidad teams we ever had."
A decision on Trinidad and Tobago's strongest present squad, according to Camps, is a matter for Rijsbergen.

The Radical 16:

Avery John, Anthony Wolfe, Atiba Charles, Aurtis Whitley, Brent Sancho, Christopher Birchall, Collin Samuel, Cornell Glen, Cyd Gray, Evans Wise, Ian Cox, Kelvin Jack, Kenwyne Jones, Marvin Andrews, Shaka Hislop, Stern John.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 07:38:20 AM by Flex »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: WARRIORS FUME: Players claim blacklist in effect
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 09:32:12 PM »
thank you lasana for d article. i want this full on d back page of d express, so d whole country go see what really goin on. fellahs i think is time for that protest in front TTFF now.

look at who they blockin nah d same men tht get us to world cup.

Marvin Andrews, Chris Birchall, Atiba Charles, Ian Cox, Cornell Glen, Cyd Gray, Shaka Hislop, Kelvin Jack, Avery John, Stern John, Kenwyne Jones, Collin Samuel, Brent Sancho, Aurtis Whitley, Evans Wise and Anthony Wolfe.

jack you feckin crazy yes
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 09:34:42 PM by die hard warrior »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 09:39:44 PM »
Remember this

Now maybe I just under conspiracy thing, maybe I watching too much tv, or maybe the common sense kicking in. Thus the beauty of the forum and reviewing old posts came into helping me make this conclusion.

I was lil idle over the past few days and I was thinking to myself....Why would we deliberately pick a weak team, and why would our own PFL team screw us over?

Then developments take place....Why if we agree with Jabloteh for players why we only get 2. Why no Cyd, or Wolfe or WHitley?...why we cyar get all 8? ............and the threat that the players could be banned from club action if they ent show up for training.

Forumites the TTFF win. The plan they hatched since Nov 18th with the players impasse has finally bore fruit. This is our new national team and we have to accept it as such and wish them fellas the best because dais it for the Germany squad.

Alyuh remember this post TTFF threaten to go local for 2010

Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) general secretary Richard Groden yesterday declared his intention to eradicate the "anxieties" and "distractions" facing his organisation on the road to the 2010 South Africa World Cup, referring to their own players.
In a press release entitled "Update on Soca Warriors conflict", the T&TFF revealed they are considering asking players from the Trinidad and Tobago Pro League, as well as the Under-20 and Under-17 squads, to shoulder the responsibility of the 2010 World Cup campaign.
"We are actively contemplating a swifter than originally envisaged consideration of incorporating the rising brood of players," stated Groden's release, "from our Professional League, under-20 and even under-17 squads to form the nucleus of our team for 2010."
Groden, via a release, explained that the T&TFF were "contemplating" this "consideration" as a result of the players' "vacillation" over 2006 World Cup bonuses.

Now if you remember this post Update on Soca Warriors Conflict

These are the names of the fellas who strike:

6. Essentially, the 13 players involved publicly accused the TTFF of reneging on a contractual obligation made during the 2006 World Cup build-up. Captain Dwight Yorke read a prepared statement, which said (inter-alia): "We, the players of the National Team that participated in the World Cup 2006, would like to announce our consideration to retire from international football immediately after our next two games."

7. Appearing in demonstration of solidarity with the position articulated by Captain Yorke were: Dennis Lawrence, David Atiba Charles, Avery John, Chris Birchall, Carlos Edwards, Colin Samuel, Stern John, Kenwyne Jones, Jason Scotland, Brent Sancho and Cornell Glen.

So the locals, Whitley, Cyd, Theobold and Wolfe. Hush they mouth eat they biscuit and didnt stand in solidarity with the others cause they needed the TTFF to continue their careers.

Of those in training the non Jabloteh man make it. They use Fenwick as the cover to say they cyar play but really Cyd too old and not in the plans for 2010. Cyd done went on trials after WC and ent get tru with nuttin, dais it for he. Wolfe is Beenie boy and Beenie not here so he ent gettin pick and Whitley didn't go no training even doe he was invited.

Thus Theobold make it cause the ttff wanna give him cap so that he could fly out and give somebody a piece of money. If they wanted to write off theobold they could do so, but they using him to say they have experience in the side.

Also Daniel and Baptiste strengthenin the squad but they are the two hopefuls to next get contact abroad as they prove they could handle it so they there for caps...and Fenwick just waiting to collect a piece of money for them.

Watch meh this sounding like a good TV show eh, but watch it good. It making complete sense.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 10:04:50 PM »
The first ting Mr.Often Jock Wierner have to realise is he not bigger than the game ,big stupid idiot .

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 10:33:16 PM »
Oliver Camps, the president of the T&TFF, insisted that he knew of no such "blacklist" and suggested Rijsbergen had omitted the likes of Kenwyne Jones, Brent Sancho and Samuel on his own accord.

yuh see men who does watch yuh with a straight face and lie to yuh...never float good wit me.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 10:35:51 PM »
Well Camps throw the ball in Wim court. He can go ahead and name them since Camps eh blacklist them. I eh see Denzil on th elist he change he mind?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 11:08:24 PM »
actually, this is real sad news for T&T football...cuz we cyah go nowhere without we best players.  Even if them fellas work out they differences, them players ent go have no respect for wim..and yuh can't go nowhere with that situation either.  The only way we going to make next world cup now, is if we hire a new coach who not affiliated with any of this BS.  Jack double cross wim to take the fall for him man.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 11:53:37 PM »
actually, this is real sad news for T&T football...cuz we cyah go nowhere without we best players.  Even if them fellas work out they differences, them players ent go have no respect for wim..and yuh can't go nowhere with that situation either.  The only way we going to make next world cup now, is if we hire a new coach who not affiliated with any of this BS.  Jack double cross wim to take the fall for him man.
poor wim since d man get he job them men giving he a raw deal. Now we await for wims response seeing that it suppose to be the coach to pick d team. the truth will come out soon :'(
Youtube Channel

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2007, 05:18:04 AM »
Rijsbergen, a former Holland World Cup player, declined the opportunity to confirm or deny the existence of a blacklist.

"That is something between the Federation and me," said the Dutchman. "I cannot give you an answer on that."

This says it all right here.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Players claim blacklist in effect.
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2007, 06:30:12 AM »
doh worry fellahs, jamaica will represent the caribbean in south africa...we went germany so we good till the 2070 world cup.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2007, 06:43:45 AM »
time to move people
if yuh really love tnt football.....the time is now
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: WARRIORS FUME
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2007, 07:07:31 AM »
Ah need to cool off.....ah goh respond later.... >:( >:( >:(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2007, 07:26:12 AM »
time to move people
if yuh really love tnt football.....the time is now

Yuh done know how I feel already!!!!.... >:( >:( >:(

What f%$#@ng shit is dis dis hour ah de mawning.....ah still too pissed to respond"oficially"..... >:( :'( :bs: :cursing: :puking: :banginghead: 
Dat is all mih emotions in one....ssstteeeuuupppsss...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2007, 08:41:43 AM »
I disapointed in some of the players, all they men who drop out are a bunch of punks.

As players they should stick together.

even if you dont need the money or need the game for work permitthe players should stand as one.

Why the players are trying to achieve is a better standard of administration for the future.
WHich is what we need going forward.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2007, 08:51:39 AM »
I know a lot ah man here go cuss me out but, I must say:-

As a player don't you have a responsibility to your country and your fans.  ???

I know we cannot allow the administration to keep doing what they doing but, come one too, when you go abroad you also take on that responsibility of being called up for your country. Is either yes or know, depending on your heart.

I know that they owe dem money and thing, and is real f*ck up that Jackula is de one who reap all de benefits especially with the Timpaul scheme, but I remember George Weah playing for Liberia when de federation could not afford to field a team, he was one who was putting up de money.

Just a question!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2007, 10:00:19 AM »

you sum it up right there horse....to put it mildly this post shows a complete lack of understanding of what really going on in T&T football.  Ask coops and some of the older heads how long Jack and dem using blacklist to keep control and keep tiefin money while we players who sweat and eat they heart out for T&T treated like slaves.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2007, 10:05:39 AM »

you sum it up right there horse....to put it mildly this post shows a complete lack of understanding of what really going on in T&T football.  Ask coops and some of the older heads how long Jack and dem using blacklist to keep control and keep tiefin money while we players who sweat and eat they heart out for T&T treated like slaves.

Thanks for explaining and not cussing meh out  :beermug:

Man you must understand me too, I doh like de politics and politricks but I vex that we cannot field a first class team because of greed. I hope some more men explain also, so I get a bigger piece of the picture!

Thanks bredda!

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2007, 10:12:23 AM »

As a player don't you have a responsibility to your country and your fans.  ???

I know we cannot allow the administration to keep doing what they doing but, come one too, when you go abroad you also take on that responsibility of being called up for your country. Is either yes or know, depending on your heart.

I know that they owe dem money and thing, and is real f*ck up that Jackula is de one who reap all de benefits especially with the Timpaul scheme, but I remember George Weah playing for Liberia when de federation could not afford to field a team, he was one who was putting up de money.

Just a question!

I dunno if I misunderstand what u sayin eh bro, but from what I see the players say that they are available for selection. If u saying they should play regardless of the situation, I don't think that is the issue they dealing with. Once this lawsuit is pending TTFF plan is to fustrate dem by not picking dem cause as Stern said he is available. :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2007, 10:13:06 AM »

Wim is a Puppet >:(

Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2007, 10:17:38 AM »

Yea i disappointed in Wim's response, he had the opportunity to expose who is really culpable, even if he said it was his decision i would ah take it. But this response only making things worse
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2007, 10:20:23 AM »
Look how well de overseas Warriors doing...rippin up Scotland & the Championship, likely to get promoted to the EPL, impressing in de Eriedivisie, standing out in the MLS..

and this. T&T football can't be where it can be because some real fools calling the shots. We best footballers can't even play for the sake of some happiness in T&T and Trinis abroad even.

people the time is now in truth.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2007, 10:22:30 AM »
Look how well de overseas Warriors doing...rippin up Scotland & the Championship, likely to get promoted to the EPL, impressing in de Eriedivisie, standing out in the MLS..

and this. T&T football can't be where it can be because some real fools calling the shots. We best footballers can't even play for the sake of some happiness in T&T and Trinis abroad even.

people the time is now in truth.

Despite my lack of knowledege, you summed up my feelings!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2007, 10:30:25 AM »
feckin WIM  >:(
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2007, 03:26:06 PM »
If i was a gambling man i would bet a small fortune that youssss guysss would talk your self to sleep until the ttff piss youssss off again then yousss will awaken and fume and fuss and name call a little more bout jackula scamps rodent this that and the other, blah blah blah blah blah then more talk again and noooooo action will be taken what so ever. as long as it have fete carib and buss up shot in tribago jackulaa scamps and rodent alright,dey doh hah nutun tuh worry bout atall, cause noooo action will be taken just pure lyrics, it's a trini trade mark.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2007, 04:09:28 PM »
If i was a gambling man i would bet a small fortune that youssss guysss would talk your self to sleep until the ttff piss youssss off again then yousss will awaken and fume and fuss and name call a little more bout jackula scamps rodent this that and the other, blah blah blah blah blah then more talk again and noooooo action will be taken what so ever. as long as it have fete carib and buss up shot in tribago jackulaa scamps and rodent alright,dey doh hah nutun tuh worry bout atall, cause noooo action will be taken just pure lyrics, it's a trini trade mark.
Ahh daiz the whole point of a internet forum  ???

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2007, 04:57:16 PM »
 :( :-[ :-X ??? :bs: :cursing: :flamethrower: :frustrated: :thumbsdown: :banginghead: :busshead:

when you have notten good to say..is jus not to say anything at all...so ah keeping quiet...steupsss

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2007, 05:02:47 PM »
So Very True
as this has been going on for a long time even before Wim came on the Scene ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2007, 06:01:14 PM »
I love how Lasana writes, however, this article making the players look desperate to get back on the team. Jack Warner must be laughing all now. Dont give Jack Warner anything to feed on, dont show him you weak or else he will devour you.

Come on Stern and Kelvin, allyuh make up allyuh mind, you may NEVER play for T&T again once Jack Warner there. Its to late to quit, so keep going strong and dont look back with what you guys are doing.

Allyuh get this PFA off de ground, many will always remember you for this. This have more value right now as it will benefit the younger ones, the TTFF will bring you down.

Together, we all can bring Jack Warner down to de lowest point of his life, but we must pull together and stick together. Them players who dont want to stand up with you guys like Dwight, Lawrence, Edwards, Latapy, Scotland  etc etc. is PUNKS !!!!! not for the money promised, but atleast to help get this PFA off the ground.

I cant wait for the day I see Jack Warner sink so low, a vargant wouldn't even waste his time to piss on him.

Oliver Camps and Richard Gorden is 2 DUNCE !!!!! and its only a matter of time Jack Warner jam them, ah cant wait for that day too.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 06:20:22 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2007, 06:50:19 PM »
Ahh daiz the whole point of a internet forum ???
How you always jumping down my throat so man , you ain't have nothing better to do. wah hapen bredder you know me.   
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2007, 07:54:58 PM »
Doh get to friendly nah ,I just made a point am I rite or wrong ,discussing matters is the point of a forum rite or wrong .If you say thing that  strikes ppl as weird ,ppl will respond but really it not that interesting .And no I don't know u ,haven't been to a Nation of Islam meeting ..so I doubt it .And sorry for pushing my foot down your throat ,gotta stop doing that to ppl the hydrochloric acid from there stomach is wrecking my f**king new Labron's .
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 08:51:23 PM by Compre »

1]; } ?>