April 24, 2024, 11:42:43 PM

Author Topic: Ronaldo Viana joins Oliviera on Chicago Fire trials.  (Read 5053 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Ronaldo Viana joins Oliviera on Chicago Fire trials.
« on: April 11, 2007, 03:29:32 AM »
Ronaldo Viana joins Oliviera on Chicago Fire trials.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague).
[/size]

Vibe CT 105 W Connection Brazilian midfielder Ronaldo Viana is scheduled to leave Trinidad on Wednesday morning to pick up a one-week trial with Major League Soccer Club Chicago Fire.
According to W Connection’s Team Administrator Raymond Mc Lean, Chicago Fire saw footage of the Brazilian player and were impressed.
Viana would now meet up with his W Connection teammate and Brazilian counterpart William Da Silva Oliviera at Fire who is also on trials with the MLS Club. Oliviera left Trinidad three weeks ago along with Andrei Pacheco another W Connection player on MLS trials.
According to the Owner/President of the Pro League Club David John Williams, he is awaiting an update on William Da Silva Oliviera’s progress with Chicago Fire, while Andrei Pacheco returned home two Sundays ago from trial with the Columbus Crew.
Pacheco may have to undergo Hernia surgery after Columbus Crew team doctors cited his injury while on trial with the Club.
As for Viana, his time at the Chicago Club would be shorter than his Pro League teammate.
Speaking with ‘ttproleague.com’ a day before his departure, an excited Viana said, “This is a great opportunity for me to expose myself, W Connection as well as Trinidad and Tobago football.”
He is also in a very cheerful mood to team-up with his W Connection Brazilian teammate at Chicago Fire, “If William and I earn contracts with Chicago Fire it would be great for us to combine at the MLS club,” said the midfielder.
But while seeking greener pastures the dynamic midfielder holds a soft spot for his current Club.
“It would be a bit hard for me to leave a Club I have spent so much time with. I have made a lot of friends while at W Connection and we are a family. I’m from Brazil, but I can admit that the experience I gained as a player is from Trinidad and Tobago in the Pro League,” said an emotional Viana.
Although the 28-year-old player is rooted as a W Connection player he is committed to his quest of reaching a higher standard.
“The MLS is getting better; they have signed on very big international stars like David Beckham, Blanco, Bellamy and others. Chicago Fire is also a very good Club with some big named players and I would try to give my best.”
“I am never satisfied as a player. I always want something more and to play in Europe and in the Champions League is my goal. So I am looking to use the exposure in the US as another stepping stone,” added the soft-spoken Ronaldo Viana.

Ronaldo Viana.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 05:16:10 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldo Viana joins Oliviera on Chicago Fire trials.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 09:50:39 AM »
I thought he was young. The man 28. If Williams could get either of them Brazilians sold I would be surprised.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 12:31:08 PM »
Unless you talking about a player who needs to be developed, 28 isnt old.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 12:49:33 PM »
28 old if you not established in a league of worth.The PFL young still.  Being a star in the PFL only have worth outside if you young and could listen to instructions.
If he technically vastly superior to what the MLS have then he may get a bligh. Wish him the best still but I won't be surprised if he wearing green and white this season.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 01:00:30 PM »
“The MLS is getting better; they have signed on very big international stars like David Beckham, Blanco, Bellamy and others. Chicago Fire is also a very good Club with some big named players and I would try to give my best.”

Which Bellamy he talkin about?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 03:04:01 PM »
But men vex when EPL teams didin't sign Carlow Edwards in de January transfer window.

Edwards is 28...soon to be 29 if he eh already 29.  He old too den?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 04:03:11 PM »
But men vex when EPL teams didn't sign Carlow Edwards in de January transfer window.

Edwards is 28...soon to be 29 if he eh already 29.  He old too den?

Palos I feel you asking that question to chook fire but I truly believe that was the reality of Carlos situation. If he was 22 he might a get snap up.

Carlos still has a better chance of going to an EPL club at his age because he has proven his worth in a League that EPL managers know about. Secondly he has had greater exposure. He represent in the World Cup. He also have he paper work in order to play in the country and he acclimatised. Finally look how much clubs there are in the EPL.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 05:10:14 AM »
Apparently William Oliviera will be joining the Fire as a youth international. If they want to sign Viana they will have to get rid of some international player.

William Oliviera will be miss as he brough a lot of excitment to the league. We need more players with his attidude to improve the league, players around him and attendance too in the PFL. Selling our best players may not be a great idea for the league, but I can understand its best for the players.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 05:24:09 AM by Flex »

1]; } ?>