April 28, 2024, 11:07:18 AM

Author Topic: Toyota Yaris up for grabs in PFL 2007 season.  (Read 3500 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Toyota Yaris up for grabs in PFL 2007 season.
« on: April 12, 2007, 02:02:03 PM »
Toyota Yaris up for grabs in 2007.
...as new season launched.       
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague.com).

The 2007 TT Pro League Player of the Year is to be awarded a brand new Toyota Yaris at the end of the season courtesy Toyota Trinidad and Tobago Limited. This extravagant announcement was made public on Wednesday evening at the opening ceremony of the TT Pro League 2007 season at the Ballroom of the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
Present at the gala ceremony were members of the Board of Directors of the TT Pro League, Deputy Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Sports Ashwin Creed, Charge de Fair Embassy of the United States Mr. Eugene Sweeney, Sponsors, Coaches, Club managers, and players.
The brief, but engaging opening ceremony started with a spectacular display of a video montage of last season performances as well as the teams' heavy preparations ahead of the new season entitled 'When you Believe' which surely touched the hearts and minds of those present.
The montage was immediately followed by the feature address by Chairman of the TT Pro League Mr. Larry Romany.
In his address the highlight announcement of the Toyota Yaris to be handed to the 2007 Player of the Year was followed by a number of changes in the prize structure of the new season.
"This car shows that Toyota has a commitment in the development of youths in Trinidad and Tobago and we know that it would make a very keen competition among the players themselves," said a pleased Chairman.
"We have the League, the knockout tournaments, but the League is made up of four rounds of competition and because in the past we have had the struggle of people attending the games we are now running each round of the competition as a separate competition. At the end of each round monies would be paid out to the best Team, Coach, Player, Forward, Defender etc. and we would be promoting it from round to round," explained Mr. Romany.
The Pro League Chairman also took time to thank key sponsors who have supported the League over the years saying, "Every single partner we have in this League have increased their partnership funds with the League and that to me talks about the confidence they have in Professional Football, in the people at Pro League and you the players who make up the TT Pro League and it says a lot for what we have done in the past.
"First Citizens, Courts, Lucozade Sport, Sports and Games and Toyota has done a lot in the past and this year we are making sure our partners benefit considerably," he assured.
Mr. Romany went on to enlighten the audience on some major developments that would be take place this season.
"We have a very exciting season ahead of us that would not only be fulfilling to the football loving fans but the fans in general. We plan to choose a match per week, which would be televised locally and in the region.
Once a month we would also be video streaming live to the U.S. and Europe so that we can actually carry the matches to the fan base outside of Trinidad and Tobago.
"We would also be using our website to promote our sponsors and players globally and our Magazine is also set to hit the U.S. market this year," added the Pro League Chairman who reminded the audience it was not all about the players and the League but also the benefit of the sponsors.
On the focus of the new Player of the Year prize, W Connection's Head Coach Stuart Charles Fervier told ' ttproleague.com' afterwards, "I believe it is a great incentive. This would now give the players the drive to perform better and to compete at an even higher level. This means a lot for the players in the season ahead and as a coach I would expect to see a bit more competitiveness in the players. Overall the car as the prize is a great deal," he said.
Fervier is the Coach of the reigning Player of the Year, W Connection and Trinidad and Tobago international goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams.
Thrills and excitement reign as Pro League unveils new car.
By: Gordon Pierre (ttproleague).
[/size]

Players, coaches, fans and the media could barely control their emotions as it was revealed that, the 2006 Player of the Year would receive a brand new Toyota Yaris. A hush fell across the Festival Ballroom at the Crowne Plaza Hotel after the League Chairman made the announcement.
After the evening formalities one could feel and hear the excitement of the players as they mingled with each other.
‘ttproleague.com’ spoke to some the players including last year player of the year Jan Michael Williams. The W Connection keeper complimented the sponsors Toyota, “It is a great gesture by the sponsors that is great for the league.”
He further stated, “This incentive would help players to focus mentally and bring a higher level of competition to the league”. The 2006 player of the year joked, “It is a pity that the car was not up for grabs before, but it’s all good for the League.” The National goalkeeper hinted that he maybe leaving our shores shortly and so may not be able to repeat the feat this year.
W Connection stalwart Earl Jean was visibly excited and thanked the sponsors for a move in the right direction. The former ‘Player of the year’ and one of the most recognizable faces in the Pro League stated, “Giving a car for the player of the year is one of the best things to happen to local football and will give the players the added incentive to go out and perform day in day out.” He warned players against playing selfishly to try and win the car, “I hope players would not try and be selfish but remember that it is a team sport and if you help your team at the end of the day you hard work will be rewarded.”
Last year joint leading goal scorer Anthony Wolfe seemed expectant to drive away with the car, “I would be looking to win the player of year this season and also to reclaim the leading goal scorer of the season, the car is mine.” Having returned to his old club North East Stars this season he seemed ready to help his club win some of silverware.
The unveiling of the prize for the player of the year sure caused a stir among all present and the ripple effect is sure to be seen in the coming weeks as Trinidad and Tobago is about to see the best brand of football to be played on local soil as the TT Pro League kicks off this year.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 04:28:27 AM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: Toyota Yaris up for grabs in PFL 2007 season.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 10:55:40 AM »
We have a very exciting season ahead of us that would not only be fulfilling to the football loving fans but the fans in general. We plan to choose a match per week, which would be televised locally and in the region.
Once a month we would also be video streaming live to the U.S. and Europe so that we can actually carry the matches to the fan base outside of Trinidad and Tobago.

Like dey listening to we, this is good news. Hope this pulls through.  :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 12:49:47 PM »
I must say the awareness generated by this league already for the upcoming season is more than the entire season gone by.Hope it continues.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 12:52:37 PM »
but is it pimped?

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 01:30:17 PM »
You

Are

Riding

Iin

Shit

;D :rotfl:

But under all seriousness this is what sponsors are for. Good move by Toyota. If this is the carrot that needed to be dangled to make the players play better then dangle a few more.

Actually the New Yaris on some rims does look good. Dey good on gas as well.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 01:34:48 PM »
real spanner go share for sure

touches u killing me witht that acronym
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 12:55:26 AM »
You

Are

Riding

Iin

Shit

;D :rotfl:

But under all seriousness this is what sponsors are for. Good move by Toyota. If this is the carrot that needed to be dangled to make the players play better then dangle a few more.

Actually the New Yaris on some rims does look good. Dey good on gas as well.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Is ah piece ah shit car but hey is something. when ah was car shopping mih wife show me one ah dem tings and this was my reaction  :puking:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 07:05:36 AM »
Good going Pro-league..... :beermug:

As for de Yaris, dat is de worst thing Toyota ever design and build.....de thing light, light like paper and de back too high up in de air.....but say wha is a car.....and at least Toyota step up where others have failed.....ask Jackula/TTFF....dem always ah complian bout not getting sponsors on board....

Good going Toyota.... :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>