March 28, 2024, 06:32:39 AM

Author Topic: U-15 Men's Football Team Thread  (Read 95904 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
U-15 Men's Football Team Thread
« on: July 27, 2005, 08:27:27 AM »
Jamaica's U-15 team gearing up for CFU

Observer Reporter
Wednesday, July 27, 2005

WALTERS ... they have good size and speed and with two years to work with them, they should be very competitive
Jamaica's National Under-15 footballers will tackle St Vincent and the Grenadines, The Bahamas and the British Virgin Islands in Zone B of the preliminary phase of the inaugural Caribbean Football Union Youth Cup tournament in Trinidad and Tobago, starting on August 3.

The five-zone 20-team event runs from August 3-14.
Zone A: Guatemala, Antigua-Barbuda, Aruba and the US Virgin Islands.

Zone C: Canada, Grenada, Dominica and St Lucia.
Zone D: Szuriname, Martinique, Puerto Rico and Guyana.
Zone E: Trinidad and Tobago, Netherlands Antilles, St Kitts-Nevis and Anguilla.

The quarter-finals are slated for August 9, with the semi-finals on August 11, and the final and third-place play-off on August 13.

Coach Patrick "Jackie" Walters is very optimistic that this team will emulate that of 1999, which qualified for the Under-17 World Championships.

"This is the youngest national football team ever selected by Jamaica, with all the players ranging from 14 to 15 years old.
"They have good size and speed and with two years to work with them, they should be very competitive," said Walters.

Qualification for the Under-17 World Cup begins next year.
The squad was set to return to camp yesterday and the final 18 will be selected by the end of the week. They leave on August 2.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 01:22:29 PM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaica's U-15 team gearing up for CFU
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 08:30:08 AM »
I will like to seehow we match up against Canada ,Guatemala and martinique at the under 15 level. I hope they introduce an under 18 or under 19 CFU or GC competition soon.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Lazie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 09:07:07 AM »
I just realize that the CFU does not have a website.  Is there anywhere I can see some official article regarding this U15 competition?

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 01:03:58 AM »
Big zonal section of the confederation and they don't have a website.  Boy, I tell yuh.  We can't buy professionalism.  They still feel football is ah sweat in the savanna.  CFU could do better than that.  That is the authority for Caribbean football and they have no website!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Under-15 Football Team Thread
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 10:46:08 PM »
Carrington gets National U-15 coaching job.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Former National Senior Team midfielder Reynold Carrington has been given the job to prepare and coach this country’s National Under 15 team for the upcoming Caribbean Football Union Youth Cup.
The 37-year-old Carrington, who has represented T&T at the World Cup qualifying level and also captained the team at one time, has been focusing heavily on his coaching since retiring from playing. He was recently among the top performers at the coaching symposium with the Dutch Royal Academy which allowed him the chance to undergo further courses in Holland.
Current National Under 17 team head coach Anton Corneal, also youth development officer of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation, said the decision was taken by the TTFF to hand the role to Carrington as he would gain the right exposure working with the youth and he also carried the right attributes for the position.
“This is really the first stage of the preparations for 2009 Under 17 World Championship and is one similar to what we went through two years ago,” Corneal told TTFF Media.
“This gives us a chance to start competing at an early age.. it’s where we start weaning players. This tournament is a good start for any Caribbean team,” he added.
“All the players may not go through the final stages in 2009 but once this type of early preparation is done properly you will get a nucleus that will stay together for two years similar to what we are now experiencing with the current team that has qualified for the World Championship in Korea,” Corneal continued.
Muhammad Isa has been the coordinator for the screening sessions which begun earlier this month at the Ato Boldon Stadium with some 120 players coming from four regional associations. He said that the response has been overwhelming thus far with 38 players being selected. Those players have undergone three training sessions under Carrington and assistant coach Terrence Marcelle at the Marvin Lee Stadium.
“We have seen a very eager bunch of players since the process started. The players have all shown keen interest and the response has been very nice from the different zones. We expect this to continue as the team itself continues preparations going into the tournament,” Isa said.
There will be another screening session at the Dwight Yorke Stadium on Wednesday from 10am for Tobago players and then one at the Mayaro Resource Learning Centre on Friday morning for the Eastern Counties Association. The current squad of 30 players will train this week as well at the Marvin Lee Stadium.
T&T will  host the third edition of the Caribbean Football Union’s Caribbean Under 15 Youth Cup from August 18-30, 2007. T&T  opens the tournament against Aruba on August 18.
This year’s tournament will not serve as qualifiers for the CONCACAF Final qualifying round  and subsequent World Championship unlike the 2006 edition which was an Under 16 level competition with the top Caribbean teams moving on to the final qualifying round towards the FIFA Under 17 World Championship. And only Central Americans El Salvador will be the guest nation participating this year.
Meantime, Corneal will continue to conduct training sessions with the current National Under 17 team at the Ato Boldon Stadium as they prepare for Korea.
Carrington gets coaching tips from Beenhakker.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF Media).

Newly appointed head coach of Trinidad and Tobago’s National Under 15 team Reynold Carrington had the chance to hear the views and advice of former Senior team head coach Leo Beenhakker while participating in the Dutch advanced coaching symposium in Holland.
Carrington and Jefferson George had the opportunity to take in the experience after topping the recently held coaching symposium held by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation in conjunction with the Dutch Royal Academy at the Dr Joao Havelange Centre of Excellence, Macoya.
And among the highlights for Carrington was the first phase of the symposium in Holland where Beenhakker and Guus Hiddink delivered presentations on “Footballers for the future”. Part of the course which dealt with analyzing team performance and opponents, team preparation and other aspects, also involved Carrington and the other coaches attending and analyzing matches at the European Under 21 Championship.
“The course in Holland really opened by eyes because the level there is high and well respected. The exposure we gained there was priceless,” Carrington told TTFF Media.
“Part of the symposium was going to some of the games at the Under 21 championship where we viewed and analyzed all of Holland’s matches. The early part involved presentations from Leo Beenhakker and Guus Hiddink and they were  very interesting. A lot of coaches have much respect for Beenhakker because they see him as someone who can the job done and that was the obvious feeling among the other coaches there.  He is one of those coaches who can go into a situation and turn it around and he has the respect out there because of that quality,” Carrington added.
Commenting on his current tenure with the National team, the former T&T skipper said he always had coaching as an intention since his playing days.
“I always said even since my playing days that I would want to continue in the game and once the opportunity came up I would get involved. Everything worked out in my favour since I took the English FA ‘B’ license course in 2004 and then I continued with  the Dutch course recently.
“I have realized too that coaching at the youth level is very critical and that’s why I’m excited about this new role.  It’s a stepping stone for me because I have the view that youth needs to be the focus of our attention in development. The talent is there but more enthusiasm needs to be part of it and I see myself as a past player and the others being able to pass on the knowledge and the experience to the younger ones and help them adapt to the higher standard of international football at a younger age.”
Carrington also worked as a scout for W Connection in the Point Fortin area as well as had a stint with Point Fortin Civic Centre. TTFF Technical director Lincoln Phillips said currently Carrington was the right man for the job with the U15s.
“He has experience coaching in the South Association. He was chosen by the KNVB as one of the two top candidates in the symposium among 108 coaches (including several of the Pro and Super league coaches). Incidentally  when his and Jefferson George's names were called it was receives with a lusty round of applause from all the coaches. Yes indeed, he had proven himself among all his peers. Thirdly the experience he received while attending the Advanced Dutch symposium and performing well-above average among top international coaches is an important factor.
“The successful performances all in three areas indicated to T&TFF that Reynold would be a sound selection as coach for the U15 National team. Jefferson George is in the same Category. He was the top candidate in our goalkeeping course; goalkeeper coach for Joe public and of course selected to attended the Advanced Dutch symposium in Holland. He is now selected to be the goalkeeping coach for the U-23 national team,” Phillips revealed.
Carrington, crediting Stuart Charles Fevrier for being influential in his transition from player to coach, also recognizes the work ethic of current T&T Olympic team coach Michael McComie.
“Stuart taught me how to be a student of the game and I think another person who has been inspiring is Mike McComie. I have played with him and then to see him step up and win the Pro League as a young coach is a fine achievement. He operates with confidence and shows that he belongs there which is something that other coaches like myself can look up to. Recently reading about Shaka (Hislop) involved in coaching and leaving the door open to come back home and work is every encouraging as well. We are fortunate to have the Dutch way as part of our system and working with these other experienced guys is always something I look forward to doing,” Carrington added.
With a couple screening sessions still to be completed, Carrington is currently working with a squad before T&T’s opening CFU Youth Cup game on August 18 against Aruba.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 02:47:49 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Carrington gets National U-15 coaching job.
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 02:12:44 AM »
Tallman and flex, you all might want to take him off the roster if he retire. I didn't even know he was that old.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 04:51:16 AM »
He is a good selection good luck hippo

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 10:34:39 AM »
congrats carrie.....dis man have a future in de game...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 12:56:49 PM »
bessah luck hippo
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 02:57:16 PM »
new breed of warriors coming soon
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kaiser

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 09:48:03 PM »
glad to see they finally get the coach,best of luck to him

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2007, 12:00:31 PM »
The man needs to move the miracle worker sign on his back beause is a miracle they want with the competition right around d corner
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 12:32:15 PM »
What Corneal Jr coaching credential????
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline kaiser

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 08:00:52 PM »
met carrington today,the man is a true gentleman hope his coaching could be on par with his attitude,he has some good youngsters to work with but given the time frame i'm not expecting too much

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2007, 10:10:47 PM »
Congrats hippo. I have no doubt that you will get the job done. You are a genuine and "down-to-earth" guy and I am very happy for you. Good luck!

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2007, 07:33:26 AM »
Sorry I cant agree with you guys on this one ...the best coaches in brazil and argentina coach the youth teams ...the importance of youth programmes is such that the more experienecd get the post ...which club Carrington ever coach ? We putting him in charge of a national team first ?? I expected no less from the TTFF ..that is their style ..pelt enough stone at a mango tree and one must fall.....then you boast how yuh hit ah mango !!
Hit and miss attitudes is the modus operandi of the TTFF....and it seems now and forever...some never learn ! carrington might be a perfect gentleman, a good guy, an enthusiastic coach but he is a first timer and should not be afforded a national team to practise on ... seems like we will never learn from past mistakes ...... but when you look at the composition of the TTFF itself ...well it is just more of the same isn't it ..from President go right back , with the exception of Phillips and Jack, who has his own agenda, what skills do the others have ???
bet if it was a common entrance or SEA every body woudda want an experienced teacher to teach dey chile in de common entrance class..well under 15 is the preparation for the first exam stage in football competition should we expect any less ?
I am disappointed with our forum comments on this one though ...we should know better ....

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2007, 07:55:07 AM »
What Corneal Jr coaching credential????

Why does this question keep comming up?  Putting personalities aside, can everyone not agree he is the most experienced local coach we have in Trinidad.  He resume is long, but does his most recent accomplishment stand for anything?  Why does it seems as though are we unable to appreciate the accomplishments of our own people?  THere is not another young coach in the country with the experience and knowledge that this guy have, some of us do not always agree with him, but does that mean he is not knowledgeable????

Please, lcan we get past personalities and celebrate the accomplishemnts of our own people!

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2007, 08:01:20 AM »
Sorry I cant agree with you guys on this one ...the best coaches in brazil and argentina coach the youth teams ...the importance of youth programmes is such that the more experienecd get the post ...which club Carrington ever coach ? We putting him in charge of a national team first ?? I expected no less from the TTFF ..that is their style ..pelt enough stone at a mango tree and one must fall.....then you boast how yuh hit ah mango !!
Hit and miss attitudes is the modus operandi of the TTFF....and it seems now and forever...some never learn ! carrington might be a perfect gentleman, a good guy, an enthusiastic coach but he is a first timer and should not be afforded a national team to practise on ... seems like we will never learn from past mistakes ...... but when you look at the composition of the TTFF itself ...well it is just more of the same isn't it ..from President go right back , with the exception of Phillips and Jack, who has his own agenda, what skills do the others have ???
bet if it was a common entrance or SEA every body woudda want an experienced teacher to teach dey chile in de common entrance class..well under 15 is the preparation for the first exam stage in football competition should we expect any less ?
I am disappointed with our forum comments on this one though ...we should know better ....

If I'm not mistaken I think Carrington was the head coach for W Connection's team (PFL) for one season.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2007, 08:20:24 AM »

If I'm not mistaken I think Carrington was the head coach for W Connection's team (PFL) for one season.

You are not mistaken. He was the coach of W-Connection professional team. He also was the head coach of Point Fortin Civic center F.C (a team that was to come into the PFL this season with sponsorship coming from LNG, but that never happened).

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2007, 10:25:16 AM »

well I guess that makes him well qualified to coach our under 15 national team  ::) long live the TTFF ...may they continue to lead and mislead ....

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2007, 10:31:06 AM »
« Reply #11 on: Today at 09:33:26 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hit and miss attitudes is the modus operandi of the TTFF....and it seems now and forever...some never learn ! carrington might be a perfect gentleman, a good guy, an enthusiastic coach but he is a first timer and should not be afforded a national team to practise on ... seems like we will never learn from past mistakes ...... but when you look at the composition of the TTFF itself ...well it is just more of the same isn't it ..from President go right back , with the exception of Phillips and Jack, who has his own agenda, what skills do the others have

Good call right there. If you have average ppl coaching at the youth level, the best at the top, what we think will happen. We have to put the best people to develop the players at the youth level. No wonder when we bring an international coach to coach we senior team they still have to coach basic technique.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2007, 10:38:35 AM »

Good points- but both Dunga & Klinsmann had very little coaching experience before they were entrusted with their senior teams- and that's Germany & Brazil....two of the most high profile nat'l teams in the World....

Carrington getting the opportunity to guide the T&T u-15 outfit isn't that outrageous...

Let's wish him well- He's pretty young and not too far removed from the modern game so he might have some very good ideas and could turn out to be a success. Unless you know for a fact that he has nothing to offer, I think your post wreaks of unfair prejudice.....skepticism is one thing and your premonitions might be correct, but let's not plain out assume that he's incapable-
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 10:42:51 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2007, 10:57:46 AM »

Good points- but both Dunga & Klinsmann had very little coaching experience before they were entrusted with their senior teams- and that's Germany & Brazil....two of the most high profile nat'l teams in the World....

Carrington getting the opportunity to guide the T&T u-15 outfit isn't that outrageous...

Let's wish him well- He's pretty young and not too far removed from the modern game so he might have some very good ideas and could turn out to be a success. Unless you know for a fact that he has nothing to offer, I think your post wreaks of unfair prejudice.....skepticism is one thing and your premonitions might be correct, but let's not plain out assume that he's incapable-

Is  Dunga & Klinsmann yuh want to compare de man to ??? Dem fellas have played at the highest level  and both have won World Cups with there respective national teams. What are his credentials?
Carrington getting the nod is a strange decision at best, but nothing eh dubious when yuh dealing wid de TTFF.
Ah wish him all the best and may he be successful in his endeavors....
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2007, 12:44:52 PM »

Jai Who else we go put-> Spicer  :devil:  now that is some madness  ;)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2007, 04:00:24 PM »
Is  Dunga & Klinsmann yuh want to compare de man to ??? Dem fellas have played at the highest level  and both have won World Cups with there respective national teams. What are his credentials?
Carrington getting the nod is a strange decision at best, but nothing eh dubious when yuh dealing wid de TTFF.
Ah wish him all the best and may he be successful in his endeavors....

Not a direct comparison- more of a parallel.

If Dunga & Klinsmann could coach senior teams of their respective countries with very little to no coaching experience....who is Carrington to coach our U-15's ?

Jose Mourinho wasn't a baller- now arguably the one of the most successful club coaches in the modern game...

Yuh have to start somewhere- Carrington is obviously dedicated his future endeavous to coaching and has done work at the local club level so making his nat'l debut at the u-15 level (coaching 13 & 14 yr old boys) is not that outrageous in my view...

If we had bring in some unknown European coach- we woulda either support him in ignorance, or cry him down saying we should develop our local coaches and give them the opportunities.....end of day- everybody just guessin' and speculating....

The way Jai talkin' is like he expect TTFF to hire Beenie to coach the U-15's, and anything short of such is a guaranteed destruction to our youth football hopes..

the best coaches in brazil and argentina coach the youth teams ...

I not doubting you, but since yuh make the bold statement, my question is:

Who are the U-15 coaches for Brazil & Argentina? And what are their resumes?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2007, 04:25:30 AM »
I saw that Carrington former T&T team mate Ansil Elcock is also Harlem Strikers (Super League Team) head coach.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 04:32:53 AM by Flex »

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
T&T U-15s, Aruba at Hasely Crawford
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2007, 10:12:19 PM »
T&T U-15s, Aruba at Hasely Crawford

Saturday, August 18th 2007

THE journey to qualify another Trinidad and Tobago team for the FIFA Under-17 World Cup, begins today with the kick-off of the 2007 Caribbean Football Union Under-15 Youth Cup which runs from August 18-30.

Hosts T&T will be involved in the only game today when they take on Aruba from 5 p.m. at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain. But tomorrow, the competition goes into full swing with eight matches throughout the country.

Nineteen Caribbean nations will take part in the first round, with seven advancing to the quarter-final stage, where they will join guest team El Salvador.

For T&T, coach Reynold Carrington will be seeking to make a winning debut to his stint as national coach, and has already expressed confidence that his charges will emerge out of their group which consists of Aruba, the United States Virgin Islands and the Bahamas.

The first Caribbean Youth Cup began in 2005, with T&T claiming fourth place after a 3-0 loss to Jamaica in the battle for third place. Canada were crowned champions of the 2005 Youth Cup after whipping Guatemala by a 4-0 margin. The following year, the competition was extended to under-16 level, thus preparing the regional team for the CONCACAF Under-17 qualifying tournament.

Mexico won the tournament, controversially defeating Haiti, the most talented team in the competition, by a 3-0 margin. T&T finished third, beating Jamaica 2-0. Three Caribbean teams from that tournament automatically qualified for the CONCACAF Under-17 play-off, from which both T&T and Haiti progressed to the 2007 FIFA Under-17 World Cup which also begins today in South Korea.

Warrior For Life !!

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T U-15s, Aruba at Hasely Crawford
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2007, 04:20:33 AM »
anyone knows the team list?
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2007, 06:54:00 AM »
anyone knows the team list?

Yuh joking? That is the best kept secret in TnT. Question of national security or something like that
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2007, 07:02:09 AM »
cant make...small mag leaves today..so airport run and then a fete match....someone give me a report on the game and on Jerrel Britto
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>