April 19, 2024, 12:02:23 AM

Author Topic: U-15 Men's Football Team Thread  (Read 97023 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
T&T footballers late for Concacaf tourney
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2013, 11:49:57 PM »
T&T footballers late for Concacaf tourney.
T&T Guardian Reports.

T&T’s Under 15 boys team is still on local soil due to the unavailability of flights leaving Port-of-Spain en route to Cayman Islands.

Initially the team was scheduled to depart yesterday morning before Copa Airlines informed the TTFA that there were insufficient seats available on its flights to Panama City from which the team was due to connect to the Cayman Islands.

Further attempts to get the team out via other existing routes proved futile again due to the unavailability of seats. This has left the TTFA with the option of securing a charter flight to the Caymans today.

TTFA general secretary Sheldon Phillips has been in discussion with various government offices and personnel on this matter and is awaiting further word. The TTFA secured funding assistance from the Ministry of Sport for the team’s travel earlier this week but Copa Airlines was unable to guarantee sufficient bookings, advising the TTFA of an unsuccessful attempt to arrange for use of a larger flight yesterday.

Concacaf, meanwhile, has been advised of the team’s travel woes and is expected to announce a rescheduled kick off date for T&T’s opening match against St Kitts/Nevis which was scheduled for last night. The tournament, featuring 24 nations, will bring together more than 400 players between the ages of 13-15, allowing them a first experience at higher level football on a regional stage.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 02:03:24 AM by Flex »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Under 15 National team Tournaments to be added to CONCACAF competitions
« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2013, 02:01:54 AM »
T&T footballers miss first match.
T&T Express Reports.

Trinidad and Tobago national Under-15 footballers were unable to get a flight out of the country yesterday and did not play their opening match of the inaugural Concacaf Under-15 Championship now taking place in the Cayman Islands.

Late yesterday, Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFA) general secretary Sheldon Phillip confirmed that the team did not leave the country as anticipated, following the very late release of funds by the Ministry of Sport.

The T&T team had originally planned to leave on Tuesday, but late release of Government sponsorship saw them without tickets and funds. After money was released on Tuesday, the adjusted plan was to have the team fly to the Cayman Islands via a special COPA Airlines flight and play their first match later that night. Those plans also fell through.

“The situation as it stands, is that we were unable to get any flights out of Trinidad and Tobago. We informed Concacaf and asked that the opening match be postponed to a later date and that the next match (today against Honduras) be shifted to a later time in the day,” Philip said.

“Due to the funding issues, we have gotten caught up in the typical travel problems at this time of the year. We are trying to get them to leave tomorrow (today), but the details still have to be worked out. We are in constant contact with Concacaf to let them know what the situation is.”

Meanwhile, the tournament began with Belize beating St Lucia 1-0 and Jamaica hammering Grenada 4-0 on the opening day of competition.

Following a tightly contested first half that was well contested in the midfield, Alvin Sifontes struck from inside the 18-yard box with 14 minutes remaining in regulation time to give Belize a narrow 1-0 victory at the Truman Bodden Sports Complex in George Town, Cayman Islands. The match was the first in competition history to pit sides from the Caribbean and Central America against each other.

Meanwhile, Peter Campbell scored two goals as Jamaica defeated Grenada 4-0. The first half ended scoreless thanks to the outstanding play of Grenada goalkeeper Reshane Houston, who made several tremendous saves.

Three minutes after the interval though, the Jamaicans jumped ahead 2-0 thanks to Campbell’s brace. With less than ten minutes remaining in the game, Stephen Malcolm (63’) and Justin McMaster (66’) added to their tallies.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2013, 06:39:39 AM »
This is so shameful, I feel for these young men, training so hard for the tournament, looking forward to representing their Country and only to have this happen. We tout ourselves as being a rich nation but here it is the so called poor smaller Islands are already in the Cayman Islands playing their scheduled matches.
Does Caribbean airlines fly to the Cayman Islands if yes why not use them to fly the young men out.
Now you will understand why many of these young men will decide that this footballing life eh for me. Having seen what happened to the Soca Warriors and now what they are going through, can you blame them for turning their backs on football?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 06:41:10 AM by soccerrama »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2013, 07:59:49 AM »
3 teenagers were shot dead in PoS yesterday. This government has no clue about how to inspire the younger generation. Imagine these boys going back home in disappointment with their suitcases.

I'm not suggesting that they will turn to crime, but what about their brothers, cousins, neighbors and schoolfriends? Why should they give a toss about T&T, the law or their community when they see these boys dreams torn apart by an inept government?

We are supposed to show care, respect, concern, hope and support in the hope that some of these youngsters will be inspired to turn away from crime. I can just imagine kids living in East PoS saying, "yeah, de cricket playin Indians doh get tie up so, is we African yutes dem doh care about"

Not trying to suggest race has anything to do with this, but those youngsters will grab at any reason to rebel against the law and the govt not trying to improve things at all.

I maybe will get shouted down for saying the above, but I have definately noted this undercurrent of PNM govt = power to Indians while the Africans are pushed down further. Even Jack is loving them up in Central.

I can't imagine how disappointed these boys must be. Real shame. But that's what happens when TTFA has to live hand to mouth. Anil really needs to give them a chance and fund them properly. That way they can pay the flights and recover the cost later.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2013, 09:04:06 AM »
Deese I in foreign.

I hear you, Deeks.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2013, 09:23:58 AM »
Well, if this is your first experience of international football at a higher level, Anil Roberts style, as a 13-15 year old, it surely will leave a bad taste in your mouth. Just recently, the Prime Minister was lamenting about the fact that many of TnT's youths are either dying or gravitating towards a life of crime, and then this happens, initiated by the Ministry of Sports.

The crying shame of this entire fiasco is that no one in the government is angry about this latest inept performance on behalf of the Minister of Sports and his ministry. The PM not stunned because she doesn't know what is going on. The minister in charge of youth and whatever not stunned because she doesn't know what is going on. Minister of the People blind, MOS f#&kup, TTFA delinquent and dependent, everybody acting but nobody in a starring role.

What a shame. What an inept government. What is really going on in Trinidad. I have never felt this angry and disgusted about the people in authority. They just cannot do anything right. A simple thing like getting the funds out to the TTFA in a timely manner so that these kids could experience what maybe a tournament of epic proportion, at least, for some of them, the MOS couldn't fulfill. If those in authority cannot do anything right, those in the TTFA cannot do anything right, the commissioner and the small minded shareholders of the TT Pro League, and I hate calling it a pro league, cannot do anything right, and the people of the country, and this is some and not all, cannot do anything right, why is it the responsibility of the kids to do anything right.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 09:42:56 AM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2013, 11:13:05 AM »
Do you guys think that maybe the reason the funds weren't released timely from the Gov't to the TTFF is because of the past corruption and mis-use of funds by the TTFF? 

I might be wrong here, but it could be that internally the Ministry of Sports is taking a much closer look at all funds to be disbursed to the TTFF because of 'lack of trust' in the TTFF, since they don't have the best track record for transparency and responsible use of funds.

What're your thoughts on that?
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2013, 11:16:11 AM »
Do you guys think that maybe the reason the funds weren't released timely from the Gov't to the TTFF is because of the past corruption and mis-use of funds by the TTFF? 

I might be wrong here, but it could be that internally the Ministry of Sports is taking a much closer look at all funds to be disbursed to the TTFF because of 'lack of trust' in the TTFF, since they don't have the best track record for transparency and responsible use of funds.

nope Anil jus' playin up in he @#$%& on Jack behest
I pity the fool....

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2013, 11:21:43 AM »

+1

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2013, 11:28:30 AM »

Ah hear dat!  :beermug:
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2013, 01:39:16 PM »
Well, if this is your first experience of international football at a higher level, Anil Roberts style, as a 13-15 year old, it surely will leave a bad taste in your mouth. Just recently, the Prime Minister was lamenting about the fact that many of TnT's youths are either dying or gravitating towards a life of crime, and then this happens, initiated by the Ministry of Sports.

The crying shame of this entire fiasco is that no one in the government is angry about this latest inept performance on behalf of the Minister of Sports and his ministry. The PM not stunned because she doesn't know what is going on. The minister in charge of youth and whatever not stunned because she doesn't know what is going on. Minister of the People blind, MOS f#&kup, TTFA delinquent and dependent, everybody acting but nobody in a starring role.

What a shame. What an inept government. What is really going on in Trinidad. I have never felt this angry and disgusted about the people in authority. They just cannot do anything right. A simple thing like getting the funds out to the TTFA in a timely manner so that these kids could experience what maybe a tournament of epic proportion, at least, for some of them, the MOS couldn't fulfill. If those in authority cannot do anything right, those in the TTFA cannot do anything right, the commissioner and the small minded shareholders of the TT Pro League, and I hate calling it a pro league, cannot do anything right, and the people of the country, and this is some and not all, cannot do anything right, why is it the responsibility of the kids to do anything right.

KD, I was just going to comment on this being a great post....and then you have another pop at the ProLeague!! Bro, it may have been poor for years, but don't discourage those of us who are trying to bring change....it's hard enough as it is!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2013, 01:43:20 PM »

I think that's the excuse they use, but in this instance, if you check the request and approve it, you would also know the dates of travel. Ideally, if Anil really doesn't trust TTFA he could simply pay the flight costs etc direct. That's what we asked our sponsors to do with the Walsall trip. We didn't need to see the money because it all was going straight to suppliers. In fact the only thing we actually received was two cases of Carib, two cases of shandy and a box of football bubble gum!

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2013, 02:42:30 PM »
It is definitely the Ministry of Sports fault this time..... they took too long to send the money to acquire the tickets...

Such a shame , things were looking up with the Ministry... why cant they just be consistent ?  now a group of 14 year old kids have to suffer and the TTFA get hit with unfair criticism

Sad stuff

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2013, 03:00:57 PM »
Well, from what I understand is that the budget for the U-15 team was submitted to the ministry weeks ago and it was only on Monday that the permission was given to the travel agency to book the tickets.

The TTFA is definitely not at fault for the turn of events and I heard that they've been working on different ways to get the team out.

But had the ministry made the reservations weeks ago, this would not have happened. Very difficult situation that can only improve once the TTFA stop depending on the Ministry of Sports.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2013, 03:28:25 PM »
ah feeling it for these yutes. ah boy.....

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2013, 03:37:22 PM »
Well, from what I understand is that the budget for the U-15 team was submitted to the ministry weeks ago and it was only on Monday that the permission was given to the travel agency to book the tickets.

The TTFA is definitely not at fault for the turn of events and I heard that they've been working on different ways to get the team out.

But had the ministry made the reservations weeks ago, this would not have happened. Very difficult situation that can only improve once the TTFA stop depending on the Ministry of Sports.

So true, TTFA have to stand on their own legs.

Anil Roberts is really a dam dog too, suffering the youths and to know there is so much crime in T&T this should be more reason to push youths in sports an all.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2013, 04:20:52 PM »

So true, TTFA have to stand on their own legs.

Anil Roberts is really a dam dog too, suffering the youths and to know there is so much crime in T&T this should be more reason to push youths in sports an all.

They need the Ministry to assist them in the early stages...you cant expect them to have alot of funds from Sponsors just yet.... I expect by next year the TTFA can stand on its legs but they need the help from the Gov't immediately to kick start programmes and have all the teams playing whenever they can

It is one big collective effort...apparently Ashwin and Anil doing whatever they want to do and not realizing they affecting people lives... these kids can be saved by Football

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 15, 2013, 05:26:54 PM »

I think that's the excuse they use, but in this instance, if you check the request and approve it, you would also know the dates of travel. Ideally, if Anil really doesn't trust TTFA he could simply pay the flight costs etc direct. That's what we asked our sponsors to do with the Walsall trip. We didn't need to see the money because it all was going straight to suppliers. In fact the only thing we actually received was two cases of Carib, two cases of shandy and a box of football bubble gum!

Hey, man...2 cases of carib & shandy, and a box of football bubble gum is a pretty good deal.   :rotfl:

But seriously...I hear what you're saying.  You're right, because there is really no good excuse why the MOS wouldn't just pay the vendors (airlines etc) directly, if they didn't trust the TTFF.  Good point. 

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 15, 2013, 05:34:04 PM »
Just heard on CNC3 news that the U15 team will no longer be part of the tournament. What a shame, I can't imagine how these youngsters are feeling. Shame on all those who allowed this to happen. Unforgiveable.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 06:03:28 PM by soccerrama »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #139 on: August 15, 2013, 06:10:16 PM »
Just heard on CNC3 news that the U15 team will no longer be part of the tournament. What a shame, I can't imagine how these youngsters are feeling. Shame on all those who allowed this to happen. Unforgiveable.

What a shame.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 15, 2013, 06:40:48 PM »
The TTFA is to be blamed.

They should be keeping tabs on the situation, what, they waited till a hour before the flight to check and see if flights were booked.

They should have known and have confirmation a long time ago, even if the MOS forget they would have had time to fix the problem, same situation with Guerra, they depending on everyone else but the men who should be responsible.

I thought Sheldon Phillips would have brought more organization. Its the same old story.

Someone in the TTFA should have been on top of this instead of depending on an outside source to do it for them, Wallace and David Muhammad is a waste of time.

They should give Flex or Tallman that job. What are they afraid off, to be outdone.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 15, 2013, 06:57:07 PM »

They should be keeping tabs on the situation, what, they waited till a hour before the flight to check and see if flights were booked.

They should have known and have confirmation a long time ago, even if the MOS forget they would have had time to fix the problem, same situation with Guerra, they depending on everyone else but the men who should be responsible.

I thought Sheldon Phillips would have brought more organization. Its the same old story.

Someone in the TTFA should have been on top of this instead of depending on an outside source to do it for them, Wallace and David Muhammad is a waste of time.

They should give Flex or Tallman that job. What are they afraid off, to be outdone.

Lol you really dont know what is going on behind the scenes...

trust me this is no way the TTFA fault

This is Ashwin and Anil fault plain and simple..and now 18 under 15 kids have to pay for their error

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2013, 07:02:57 PM »

That's messed up.  It's one thing if it happened to the senior team...but for them to do this to a bunch of young kids is really reprehensible.   

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Coaches unpaid, U-15 team withdraws and U-17 women travel shorthanded...
« Reply #143 on: August 15, 2013, 10:00:38 PM »
Sport Ministry fails football again
... Late payment KOs T&T U-15 footballers while local coaches still unpaid

By LASANA LIBURD (Wired868)

Twenty-one year old Trinidad and Tobago track star Jehue Gordon lifted the mood of sport enthusiasts today with a golden run in the 2013 IAAF World Championships in Moscow, Russia.
The Trinidad and Tobago national under-15 football players might not have felt like celebrating, though, as the young “Soca Warriors” suffered the ignominy of being withdrawn from a CONCACAF tournament, due to issues arising from a late confirmation of funding from the Ministry of Sport.
The CONCACAF under-15 tournament kicked off on Tuesday evening in the Cayman Islands and Trinidad and Tobago was scheduled to take the field earlier today against Honduras while the boys should have travelled to the competition’s venue since Sunday August 11.
Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) general secretary Sheldon Phillips told Wired868 that the local football submitted a budget of roughly $380,000 to the Sport Ministry in the third week of July.
CONCACAF takes care of accommodation, meals and ground transport for all participants. But the TTFA needed the Sport Ministry to pay for its airfare and stipends for the team’s coaches.
The football body was willing to send its squad without payment and then try to collect stipends for its staff after the competition. All that was required was a phone call from the Ministry of Sport to Naipaul’s Travel that would authorise the travel agency to book the team’s flight to the Cayman Islands.
But the Sport Ministry’s “okay” happened just three days ago; well after the national team’s deadline.
Wired868 contacted an official at the Sport Ministry for comment but was told that only Permanent Secretary Ashwin Creed could explain what happened. The website failed to reach Creed up to the time of publication.
“Personally, I’m gutted at the fact that we had to pull the team,” said Phillips. “It is still ultimately the TTFA’s duty to manage the team and that is the most frustrating thing because we have had to rely almost entirely on the Government… In the last few days, I was fuelled by thoughts of how I would have felt as a 14-year-old player.”
Today, Phillips wrote the parents of the players as well as CONCACAF general secretary Enrique Sanz to inform them of the country’s withdrawal from the competition. Trinidad and Tobago is not known to have ever withdrawn a team from a CONCACAF football competition and the late pull-out means the two island republic could be handed an international ban, although the TTFA is not worried about that prospect at the moment.

Read more...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 11:00:22 PM by Bakes »

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2013, 03:18:10 AM »
I say boycott national team football until somebody gets fired! This is an embarrassment, what incentive is there for young players to want to represent this country when the powers that be are this callus in the execution of their jobs...it would send a massive show of solidarity if all the players and coaches stood up and say "enough is enough" - "we done until something drastic changes". FS makes a good point, I haven't heard of any T&T youth cricket teams having any of these issues - maybe thats a message that is being sent. All the coaches should step away - it's not like they getting paid anyway apart from Hart and Leo. Total shut down of national team football. Think about the ramifications for the people responsible for this outrageous situation.

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2013, 03:42:37 AM »
While I hate Anil Roberts and Ashwin Creed, I tend to agree with Errol on this.

Didn't the TTFA realise they had no tickets ? or didn't they call someone to find out if everything was ok and on schedule with the arrangments etc ?

This damages the players mentally no wonder no one takes football serious anymore.

What are the TTFA managers function ? who is responsible for keeping tabs on visa's, travel arrangments, hotels etc ?

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Coaches unpaid, U-15 team withdraws and U-17 women travel shorthanded...
« Reply #146 on: August 16, 2013, 06:40:21 AM »
Ashwin Creed email to TTFF last year (regarding their request for funding for the senior “Soca Warriors” Gold Cup qualifying campaign):
“With regards to the support for the senior team you have been informed on several occasions that the Ministry (sic) focus is on development given the abysmal performance of the senior team.”
http://www.wired868.com/2012/10/04/warriors-pay-cost-for-ttffsport-ministry-conflict/

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Coaches unpaid, U-15 team withdraws and U-17 women travel shorthanded...
« Reply #147 on: August 16, 2013, 06:44:44 AM »
Ashwin Creed email to TTFF last year (regarding their request for funding for the senior “Soca Warriors” Gold Cup qualifying campaign):
“With regards to the support for the senior team you have been informed on several occasions that the Ministry (sic) focus is on development given the abysmal performance of the senior team.”
http://www.wired868.com/2012/10/04/warriors-pay-cost-for-ttffsport-ministry-conflict/

These men don't care about the kids man.  Playing effing politics with the kids and their future.  Extremely disappointing.  I know how I would have felt if I was one of those kids... Additionally, as a parent, do these clowns realize the sacrifice these parents and the kids are making to just do this to them.  People have to be held accountable!!  Anil and Ashwin Creed got to go man.... people have to demand it.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 16, 2013, 06:47:36 AM »
I say boycott national team football until somebody gets fired! This is an embarrassment, what incentive is there for young players to want to represent this country when the powers that be are this callus in the execution of their jobs...it would send a massive show of solidarity if all the players and coaches stood up and say "enough is enough" - "we done until something drastic changes". FS makes a good point, I haven't heard of any T&T youth cricket teams having any of these issues - maybe thats a message that is being sent. All the coaches should step away - it's not like they getting paid anyway apart from Hart and Leo. Total shut down of national team football. Think about the ramifications for the people responsible for this outrageous situation.
What would this prove if in this case if it's really the Sport ministry's fault?  The issue is demanding change from the gov't.  Ashwin Creed and Anil have to go.  The TTFA changed management and it appears to me that they moving in the right direction.  What we still have is the clowns Anil and his band of brethrens that witholding money.  Sorry, I disagree, then again you in trini and I'm far away so it's possible you know more intimate details...
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 16, 2013, 07:01:47 AM »

While I hate Anil Roberts and Ashwin Creed, I tend to agree with Errol on this.

Didn't the TTFA realise they had no tickets ? or didn't they call someone to find out if everything was ok and on schedule with the arrangments etc ?

This damages the players mentally no wonder no one takes football serious anymore.

What are the TTFA managers function ? who is responsible for keeping tabs on visa's, travel arrangments, hotels etc ?

Can't agree with that at all, check this quote from Lasana's article.

Sport Ministry fails football again
... Late payment KOs T&T U-15 footballers while local coaches still unpaid

By LASANA LIBURD (Wired868)

Read more...
The football body was willing to send its squad without payment and then try to collect stipends for its staff after the competition. All that was required was a phone call from the Ministry of Sport to Naipaul’s Travel that would authorise the travel agency to book the team’s flight to the Cayman Islands.
“We tried to arrange charters,” said Phillips. “We also spoke to the Ministry of Finance and they tried to accommodate us by talking to Caribbean airlines. CAL chairman Phillip Marshall was very helpful but they just couldn’t pull any planes off because of the season.

“We spoke to LIAT and Copa Airlines and several other charter companies in Venezuela and Santo Domingo. We even sent a formal letter to the head of the Defence Force (Major General Kenrick Maharaj) but the timing was bad. For the entire week, there were no flights available.”

All MoS had to do was make a blasted phone call. Team managers could keep all the tabs they want and make all kinds of arrangement but in the end, if the ministry doesn't approve the funding...

Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

1]; } ?>