April 26, 2024, 04:17:08 PM

Author Topic: U-15 Men's Football Team Thread  (Read 97544 times)

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T U-15s, Aruba at Hasely Crawford
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2007, 07:06:50 AM »
OK so who goin to see the Youths today?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2007, 08:11:55 AM »
I will be there

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2007, 01:29:40 PM »
ok we safe between Jah and Patriot we on like a socks. A lil report will b expected
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2007, 03:36:14 PM »
Games live on 105.1 fm trinidad t&t leadin 4 nil
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2007, 03:42:16 PM »
5 nil now First half done T&T Dominating d game
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 03:48:12 PM by die hard warrior »
Youtube Channel

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2007, 03:53:43 PM »
still car get ah team list
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2007, 04:04:55 PM »
6th goal from halfline
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2007, 04:11:43 PM »
7 nil now :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2007, 04:13:41 PM »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2007, 04:18:48 PM »
Let the football gods save some of dem goals for MONDAY ... on a different continent.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2007, 04:23:31 PM »

You love that Smiley  :devil:
i like yes lol lucky 7 in dey tail :D . OH WAIT 8 NIL NOW haha
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2007, 04:23:47 PM »

You love that Smiley  :devil:
i like yes lol lucky 7 in dey tail :D . OH WAIT 8 NIL NOW haha
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2007, 04:30:39 PM »
Ok 9 nil now
Youtube Channel

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2007, 04:45:59 PM »
Jerel Britto scored the first four goals....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2007, 05:44:40 PM »
Final score?
Warrior For Life !!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2007, 05:49:49 PM »
Youtube Channel

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mini-report From PATRIOT
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2007, 06:19:15 PM »
I joined a couple hundred other persons (mostly CFU member countries, players and officials) to see Trinidad and Tobago DEMOLISH Bahamas 9-0. The first two goals were scored by #10 and captain Jerrel Britto, who had earlier squandered 2 chances including a one on one with the keeper. One positive comment that was immediately apparent with THIS T&T team was the willingness of players to "Shoot on sight". We took shots from 30 and 40 yards out and they were generally on target. In fact two of the more memorable goals we scored in the 2nd half were both long-range efforts. One a delightful chip from overlapping defender, Dinell Lopez (#5) and a suburb free-kick from #2 Shaquille Stewart from all of 40+ yards out!!!

While our opening play was characterized by simple errors like over-pushing the ball, and giving away under no pressure we were generally saved by quick recovery efforts and the fact that our opponents were technically weaker and MUCH S L O W E R than our players. Some small-goal mentality was apparent in our play as our boys tended to hold onto the ball when a simple pass and run into space would have been the better option. The player MOST guilty of this was our #8 Shahdon Winchester! He is clearly one very gifted player (picture a younger, red version of Andre Touissant), but must learn to play TEAM ball.  Still, I liked the OVERALL hard work ethic of this team, and I KNOW this is coming from the Head Coach Reynold Carrington.

I must single out ONE player for special mention, our #18 Keane Mc Ivor who at maybe 3 feet tall,came on as a second half sub and was immediately greeted with high-fives by his team-mates. While he didn't have much time on the ball he showed some nice touches the few times he did...picture a minature version of Sean DeSilva!!!  Jah gol informed me that he's the younger brother of former national Under-17 player Kyle McIvor. Well folks every time we scored in the second half, young McIvor leaped onto the chest of the goal-scorer, much like a child would into their father's! But i'm glad to see him getting experience playing at this level as it can only lead to him developing into a quality player faster. Apparently for this tournament,games are only 80 mins and teams are allowed 5 Subs, and we used ALL of ours.

As the goals came fast and furious, i can't remember all the goal-scorers, but I CAn tell you that Britto scored a beaver-trick and the aforementioned goals from Stewart and Lopez, and a beauty of a shot from Winchester!!

T&T's starting line-up:

John Thomas #1 - Had VERY little to do, so can't guage his ability
Shaquille Stewart #2 - Scored a great free-kick, has pace and energy but holds onto the ball too long for a defender
Richarde Wint#4 - Was subbed in the 1st half, not sure why, but his replacement - #3 Nathanial Burnett had a great game, so if the sub was a tactical one and not due to injury I don't see him getting back his starting spot.
Dinell lopez #5 - Played well,a nd did his job well at right-back, AND scored a chip goal that showed the boy has VISION!
Moriba Ballah #6 - Can't remember much fom him to be honest
Ryan Frederick #7 - Ditto
Shahdon winchester #8 - VERY skillfull player, has pace, shooting ability and GREAT close-control, BUT needs to be LESS selfish with the ball.
Vernell Ramirez #9 Played on the wing, has some speed and generally ahd a decent game
Jerrel Britto #10 - Reminded me of Stern a bit in the earlies, as i found he WAITED for things to happen rather than MAKING them happen, but after the coach spoke to him, he upped his game, came to life and got 4 goals!!! has great close control.
Anslem Jackson #11 EXCELLENT wing-play, made some VERY good and TELLING crosses into the box, DEFINTELY one of the better TEAM players!
Akeems Grant #12 Had a genarally good game at the back

Thats about all I can recall,Jah-gol was there and may be able to give some more details that I missed. All in all, it was time and money ($20.00) WELL spent. Kudos to the Jack for financing this tournament, it's really a great opportunity for T&T's youngsters to gain valuable International experience! Kudos as well to Lincoln Phillips whose work behind the scenes in pushing for this in his development program, as well as his Coaching Program which has produced Reynold Carrington!!

Feel free to ask me anything else you may want to know, I'll do my best to answer.

PATRIOT

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2007, 06:24:56 PM »
aye brian.. thanks, nice job  :beermug:
being among the foreign members who dont get to see our youth play,
in LA you told me dont frighten about the midfield we have Leston Paul comin up
you see any gems out of this bunch (ah know they still small)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 06:27:21 PM by ricky »

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2007, 06:35:19 PM »
aye brian.. thanks, nice job  :beermug:
being among the foreign members who dont get to see out youth play
in LA you told me dont frighten about the midfield we have Leston Paul comin up
you see any gems out of this bunch (ah know they still small)

EXACTLY Ricky! It's always a tough call with youths, because you never know who will continue to excell and just get better, and who will fail to live up to expectations. i'll give you a quick example - Devon leacock was one of the most skillfull players I saw on the Team 2001 Under-17 team, but he's only NOW getting back into a national team after being drafted into the Under-23's recently. I had HIM pegged as a future Senior national 6 years ago, let's hope he gets back on track.

From THIS Under-15 team, I'm particularly impressed with OVERALL TEAM play and effort, and I'll save the singling out after having seen a few more games...Bahamas didn't give us much of a work-out. Jah-gol and I agreed that the ONLY player on their team was the #10, who to his credit, while he stood head and shoulders above his team-mates, was NOT selfish, but always tried to play his team-mates INTO the game!!

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2007, 06:39:15 PM »
thanks man, look forward to more reports

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2007, 08:11:02 PM »
Aruba ... Bahamas ... ??? as long as it's 9-0 I guess we good.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2007, 08:40:48 PM »
T&T BATTER BAHAMAS

Under-15s open CFU campaign with 9-0 win

Ian Prescott iprescott@trinidadexpress.com

T&T hammered their opponents 9-0. 

The Bahamians looked like under-13's, were slow, had no defence and ultimately proved no match for Trinidad and Tobago's young footballers in the opening match of the Caribbean Football Union Under-15 Cup, yesterday, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

T&T found a prolific scorer in their captain Jerrell Britto, who netted four times in a 9-0 whipping of the outclassed Bahamians. Also on the scoresheet for the local youngsters were Shahdon Winchester (38th), Dinnell Lopez (47th), Anslem Jackson (52nd), Akeems Grant (65th) and Shaquille Stewart (72nd).

But truth be told, T&T showed little structured football themselves, relying on speed, strength and the individual talents of Britto, Winchester and Jackson.

Britto had a couple early misses before getting it right on his third run at the Bahamian goal. He put his side ahead 1-0 in the 11th minute with a low shot down the centre of the penalty area.

Britto doubled his tally in the 14th minute. And the T&T skipper's hattrick came in the 28th, when he picked up a loose ball in the penalty area, skipped past two tackles, and hit the ball wide of the keeper. For good measure, he netted a fourth in the 31st minute.

Winchester got a fifth T&T goal when allowed to pick his spot and hit a long, curling shot into the top of the Bahamian net in the 38th minute. The game was finished as a contest, T&T taking several pot shots at the Bahamian custodian and coming up with some spectacular long-range goals from Jackson, Grant and Stewart in the second half.

TEAMS:

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO: 1- John Thomas(Goalkeeper), 2-Shaquille Stewart, 4-Richarde Wint, 5-Dinell Lopez, 6-Moriba Ballah, 7-Ryan Fredericks, 8-Shannon Winchester, 9-Vernell Ramirez, 10-Jerrel Britto (Captain). 11-Anslem Jackson, 12-Akeems Grant. SUBS: 3-Nathaniel Burnett, 13-Luke Hernandez, 14-Zavion Navarro, 15-Jerome Diaz, 16-Reagan Gaulteau, 18-Keane McIvor, 21-Derron De Freitas(Gk).

BAHAMAS: 1- Kevin Charlton (Goalkeeper), 2-Audley Carey, 6- Duane Beneby, 8-Kristoff Wood, 9-Lester Taylor, 10-NathanTaylor, 12-Quade Smith, 13-Cameron Lunn, 15-Shaquille Williams, 17-Terrell Sadiford, 18-Preston Rolle. SUBS: 3-Ramon Sturrup, 5- Matthew Constantakis, 7-Kevin Sheehan, 14-Michael Butley, 16-Terrell Sandiford, 19-Stefan Nembhard, 22-Michael Belot(GK).

TODAY'S MATCHES: Antigua & Barbuda v Grenada, 10 a.m., Larry Gomes Stadium; St Kitts v Bermuda, 10 a.m., Manny Ramjohn Stadium; St Vincent v Suriname, 12 noon, Manny Ramjohn Stadium; Barbados v Netherlands, 2 p.m., Dwight Yorke Stadium; Dominica v British Virgin Islands, 3 p.m., Marvin Lee Stadium; US Virgin Islands v Bahamas, 3 p.m. Hasely Crawford Stadium; President's X1 v El Salvador, 4 p.m., Dwight Yorke Stadium

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2007, 09:58:38 PM »
Thanks Patriot
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Under-15 Football Team Thread
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2007, 11:29:38 PM »
T&T U-15s whip Aruba 4-1.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).

It wasn't quite as easy as Saturday's opening 9-0 victory against the little Bahamians, a match in which Trinidad and Tobago were up by four goals after half hour, all coming off the boot of their prolific captain Jerrel Britto.
Yesterday, the physically bigger Arubans provided more of a test for the T&T squad, before going down 4-1 in their Caribbean Football Union Under-15 Cup match at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.
It took 25 minutes for the T&T players to finally crack a stubborn Aruban defence, when Dinell Lopez headed in the rebound from Britto's free-kick, which had crashed off the crossbar. Well beaten, goalie Jordon Tromp was helpless when Lopez put a low header into the net.
But, a breathtaking free-kick from Bryan Dubero soon had Aruba level at 1-1 two minutes later. Lining up a shot from almost 35 metres, Dubero had T&T keeper John Thomas wrong-footed, as his scorcher flew low inside the corner. "Spectacular" could hardly describe that goal.
Early in the second half, Trinidad and Tobago came very close to scoring again, but Jerome Diaz could hardly believe his bad luck, dropping to his knees as his low, long-range shot crashed off the post.
Three minutes later, T&T substitute Reagan Gaulteau hit his shot just wide and Britto crashed a tremendous volley off the crossbar.
Meeting Anslem Jackson's right-side cross first time, Britto rocked the bar and the ball bounced back into play.
Finally, Britto gave T&T a 2-1 advantage in the 56th minute, sliding in a loose ball from close up. And, in similar fashion, Gaulteau breached the centre of the Aruban defence and also rolled in a low shot in the 68th minute, giving T&T a 3-1 lead.
A minute later, Britto had his second, and sixth goal in two matches. Keeper Tromp completely missed Shaquille Stewart's cross, allowing the T&T left back to pass to Britto, who tapped the ball into an open net.
For brief periods yesterday, the young T&T footballers looked good when moving the ball around, but generally there was little off the ball movement by the players. They still have to improve a lot if they are to challenge better teams.

Yesterday’s CFU (Under-15 Youth Cup Results

Group A

US VIRGIN ISLANDS 3 (Mc Donald Taylor 5th, 55th, 73rd) vs

BAHAMAS 0.

Man-of-the-match: Mc Donald Taylor (US Virgin Islands)

T&T 4 (Jerrel Britto 52nd, 69th, Reagan Gaulteau 68th, Dinell Lopez 25th) vs ARUBA 1 (Bryan Dubero 26th)

Man-of-the-match: Jerrel Britto (T&T).

Group B

ANTIGUA & BARBUDA 1 (Kevin Brown 50th) vs CAYMAN ISLANDS 1 (A. Harris 75th).

Man-of-the-match: A. Harris (Cayman Islands).

Group C

TOBAGO XI 3 (Cherlon Alleyne 16th, Omarr Charles 31st, Davion David 79th) vs NETHERLAND ANTILLES 2 (Irving Doran 70th, 80th).

Man-of-the-match: Omarr Charles (Tobago)

EL SALVADOR 3 (Ricardo Gueverra 24th, 25th, Edwin Gonzalez 69th) vs BARBADOS 2 (Louis Moss 21st, 48th pen)

Man-of-the-match: Ricardo Gueverra (El Salvador).

Group D

SURINAME 4 (Dania Afinkol 33rd, 40th, 79th, Stefano Ryssel 17th) vs ST KITTS & NEVIS 2 (Kadeem Inniss 46th, Davishun Buckshon 50th).

Man-of-the-match: Dania Afinkol (Suriname).

BERMUDA 2 (Dante Leverock 33rd, 55th) vs ST VINCENT & GRENADINES 1 (Myron Samuel 80th).

Man-of-the-match: Akeem Wolffe (Bermuda).

Group E

GUYANA 22 (Jevon Gibson 11th, 51st, 75th, 79th, Runnel Gordon 20th, 38th, 46th, 64th, William Europe 34th, 43rd 61st, Andel Norton 40th, 57th, 66th, Kevon Archer 79th, 80th, 80th, Lindsley Jones 14th, 42nd, Germaine Batson 26th, 56th, Joshua Kamal 77th) vs BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS 0.

Man-of-the-match: Jevon Gibson (Guyana)

Going for goal: Anslem Jackson, the elusive Trinidad & Tobago right winger, skips past Roan Petronia of Aruba. Trinidad & Tobago won the CFU under-15 Cup match 4-1 on Tuesday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 02:46:54 PM by Flex »

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T U-15s whip Aruba 4-1.
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2007, 07:10:11 AM »
britto is ah post-man son?
 good work warriors hope the coach work on the lack of movement off the ball......this is mostly the squaad 4 2009 u17 world cup..leh we take they games serious
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T U-15s whip Aruba 4-1.
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2007, 08:28:29 PM »
Guyana hit a team 22 allyuh..... :rotfl:

And Tobago 1X win.... who on that Tobago team Doc.....
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 08:31:12 PM by Flex »

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Under-15 Football Team Thread
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2007, 12:16:06 AM »
Young T&T, Bermuda in CFU quarter
Ian Prescott iprescott@trinidadexpress.com

Sunday, August 26th 2007

CLASH: Aaron Pelouiz, the USVI defender, left, holds off Jerrel Brito, captain of the Trinidad and Tobago Under-15 football team during their CFU Under-15 encounter at the Hasely Crawford Stadium last week. T&T won the match 3-0.

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO may now be firm favourites to capture the third annual Caribbean Football Union Under-15 Cup, but first they have to dispose of Bermuda today when the teams meet from 5 p.m. today at the Hasely Crawford stadium.

Reynold Carrington's young footballers are playing much better than when they started the tournament, but may have to raise their level against the Bermudans, who also played unbeaten in three preliminary matches, beating Suriname, St Vincent & the Grenadines, and St Kitts/Nevis.

Young T&T, meanwhile, eased through their group, starting with a no-contest against Bahamas (9-0), before seeing off Aruba (4-1) and the United States Virgin Islands ( 3-0). Playing against stronger teams in their last two matches, T&T have improved their play.

They already have a lot of natural talent in captain Jerrel Britto, who hails from San Juan, and has scored seven goals in the tournament. Right winger Anslem Jackson, midfielders Shahdon Winchester, Ryan Fredericks and Regan Gaulteau have all looked good, while the backline for the most part, has remained solid. And to a greater degree, goalkeeper John Thomas has had little to do, except for conceding a scorcher against Aruba, which would have beaten most of the keepers in this tournament. Should T&T capture the tournament, it will be their first triumph in this tournament. They finished fourth in 2005 behind Canada, Guatemala and Jamaica and third in 2006 behind Mexico and Haiti. However, first they must confirm their superiority over Bermuda, who have rarely beaten T&T in football at any level.

QUARTER-FINALS:

3 p.m. - Antigua & Barbuda v Barbados, Hasely Crawford stadium
5 p.m. - Trinidad & Tobago v Bermuda, Hasely Crawford Stadium

3 p.m. - El Salvador v Netherland Antilles, Marvin Lee Stadium
5 p.m. - Guyana v Aruba, Marvin Lee Stadium.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 02:44:43 PM by Flex »

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
Re: [U-15] Young T&T, Bermuda in CFU quarter
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2007, 05:59:55 AM »
Ok, do these kids know what they're doing? The ball is behind them... ;D
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: [U-15] Young T&T, Bermuda in CFU quarter
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2007, 08:39:18 AM »
like d man hit ah back heel

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T third in CFU U-15 Cup.
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2007, 06:12:45 AM »
T&T third in CFU U-15 Cup.
T&T Express Reports.
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago secured third position in the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Under-15 Youth Cup with a one-sided 5-0 victory over Guyana yesterday at Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya. After a goalless first half, T&T captain Jerrel Britto netted a hat-trick (47th, 64th and 75th minute) and Anslem Jacksoon scored twice in the 55th and 67th to give the hosts a comprehensive victory. In the final last night, El Salvador hammered Barbados 7-1 to lift the title.
It worked for the opening half, T&T's exuberance getting them consistently caught offside, as they struggled to break down a packed defence. But after playing a game of backs and forwards, and holding their hosts goalless for the first 40 minutes, the weak Guyanese defence eventually crashed, conceding their second successive 5-0 drubbing in the tournament.
Predictably, among T&T's five second half goalscorers was their captain Jerrel Britto, a San Juan-based Queen's Royal College striker. Britto is no new find, having played for San Juan Jabloteh, where he has twice grabbed the most goals trophy for his team, and was also voted Most Valuable T&T Pro League youth player. Britto also finished as the top striker in the Caribbean tournament, grabbing 15 goals of the 22 which T&T scored in six matches played.
Predictably, Britto finally got T&T's breakthrough when he collected a long punt out of defence from Richarde Wint, took a touch, and put the ball across the body of Jamaal Gibbon, Guyana's captain and goalkeeper. Britto went on to complete a hat-trick, getting his second through a weakly hit penalty (64th) which still eluded the grasp of the Guyanese keeper; and a third in the 75th minute when he skipped past defender Troy Lewis on the left, and beat the Guyanese keeper.
Anslem Douglas also got a pair of goals. His first in the 55th came from a solo effort after he meandered through the Guyanese right flank; and he also got a second in the 56th, side-footing a loose ball into the top corner of the Guyanese net. A right-midfielder, Jackson almost got another for his team, when again clear through the Guyanese right flank, but showing some selfishness, he looked for the big shot and found the side-netting. Britto, Shahadon Winchester and company, were lining up like vultures near a carcass, waiting to devour Jackson's pass. Unfortunately, it never came.
Coach calls for step up after U-15 tourney.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

National Under 15 head coach Reynold Carrington is hoping for a better alliance involving the respective parties responsible for the development of footballers at the youth level in this country.
Speaking after T&T defeated Guyana 5-0 to cop third spot in the Caribbean Football Union Under 15 Youth Cup at the Marvin Lee Stadium on Thursday ,the former national team captain described his first coaching tenure with a national team as a broadening experience.
"I welcomed the experience as it opened up a different aspect of coaching at this level. We did well against the CFU teams, but again going up against  El Salvador we saw that we have work to do to be ready to face these kind of teams and be able to overcome them without much problems in youth competitions,"Carrington told TTFF Media.
T&T won five of its six matches in this year's tournament, scoring 27 goals and conceding five goals against the likes of Aruba, Bahamas, Guyana, Bermuda, US Virgin Islands and El Salvador to which it lost its lone encounter.
The saying "we have a lot of work to do" has become almost customary and Carrington was asked to elaborate on his words.
"To sum it up it means really whereby we see their team (El Salvador) being a lot more focused. They concentrate a lot more than our players. We saw it at the Under 17 games also where the pace is quicker and there is no time for a lapse in focus. They are also stronger and faster to the ball so we have a lot of work to do in all aspects, physically and tactically as well. This is where in our development we need to take more responsibility as coaches and trainers to do what is necessary to get the players up to that level of readiness."
He hopes now that the team has come up short against Central American opposition in a tournament which also excluded the likes of Haiti, Jamaica and Cuba will be a wake up call to the younger players as well as the coaching personnel involved.
"We could all say at the end of the day that we were defeated by El Salvador and leave it as that. But if we don't make moves to solve it defeats will be coming rapidly. These competitions will come around again.
"We have to form an alliance with all coaches and persons attached to the development of the game if we want to solve the problems to get a better understanding."
On the positive side, Carrington added "The technical level (of the T&T team) is decent and they have an average understanding the game. But again we can see that they have to go to the next level. This problem comes from where at there age they think they do not really need to extend themselves. We may be causing that because they are left in a certain level of comfort. A lot of these players will go back into the Colleges league and dominate and fall back into that false sense of thinking they are on top of the world and then when they get to the world stage it shows up. It comes down to proper training and diet as well.
"We have a tendency to pamper players to get results but at the other level you have to work them to get the full out of them."
He mentioned that the staff of the Under 15 team has also discussed ways of analyzing their time in charge of the team thus far and looking ahead to future preparation.
"We have discussed ways of looking back and looking ahead. We need to demand more of the players. We train without having competition in mind and we need to prepare more   with facing the likes of El Salvador in our thoughts . We need to have something to measure our progress by and not just have a training session for the sake of it," Carrington added.
He pointed out skipper Jerrel Britto as one of the standouts as well as 13-year old Tobago-born goalkeeper John Thomas, striker Anslem Jackson and defenders Akeem Grant and Shaquille Stewart as promising.
"He (Britto) needs to keep focused though. He also needs a lot of work in terms of his fitness. This is where the schools and clubs have to help more."
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 05:14:18 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>