March 29, 2024, 12:35:04 AM

Author Topic: Pro League Results 04/21/07  (Read 8986 times)

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Pro League Results 04/21/07
« on: April 21, 2007, 10:13:18 PM »
San Juan Jabloteh get first win.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).
[/size]

Beginning yesterday's T&T Pro League match against North East Stars as if there was no tomorrow, CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh managed a 2-0 victory, their first in three outings, and secured just their fourth point for the season.
Peter Byers, Jabloteh's newly-signed Antiguan striker, got both of his team's goals. Aided by the reluctance of stopper Dexter Franklin to remain at the centre of North East Stars' defence, Byers often found a clear path down the centre and ran straight on goal.
However, it was Kendall Velox, Stars' Vincentian midfielder, who had the first real chance of a scrappy match, when forcing goalkeeper Daurance Williams to tip a low shot around the left upright of the Jabloteh goal.
But, when given his chance, Byers showed his proficiency at the other end.
Playing in an unfamilar midfield position, Anthony Wolfe was stripped of the ball just outside Stars' penalty area by Byers. In just a few powerful strides, the Antiguan was in the penalty area and striking the ball past goalkeeper Marvin Phillip.
Byers got his second in the 26th minute, when finishing off a meandering run by overlapping defender Marcelle Francois. Collecting on the left side of the penalty area, Byers powered through two tackles, before again beating Phillip, with a hard, low, angled shot.
For the most part, Stars looked a disjointed bunch, using several players out of regular positions and also lost goalkeeper Phillip in the 71st minute to a straight red card.
After beating the Stars' offside trap at the half-line, Byers against outpaced the defenders, before goalkeeper Phillip raced out the penalty area and cut down the striker with an errant tackle. In other Pro League results up to press-time last night, Caledonia AIA edged Superstar Rangers 1-0 and Defence Force beat Police 2-1.
Defending champs stop Connection.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).

Public warning

Joe Public, 2006 Trinidad and Tobago Pro League champions, reiterated their desire to remain the nation's top club on Saturday night with a composed 2-0 win over Vibe CT 105 W Connection at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella.
Connection approached their task with the usual poise and flashes of radiance. But it will take more to unnerve a Public team capable of lethal attack off front or back foot.
Trinidad and Tobago coach Wim Rijsbergen, who was in attendance, has made no secret of his dissatisfaction with the local competition and Gary Glasgow knows it will be tough to keep his international spot ahead of foreign-based strikers like Sunderland's Stern John, Southampton's Kenwyne Jones, Sparta Rotterdam's Darryl Roberts and St Johnstone's Jason Scotland.
On current form, though, John-the country's record scorer with 67 goals from 100 caps as opposed to 12 from 53 by Glasgow-should be proud to play alongside the Public striker while there was enough to appreciate from the closing match of a Manny Ramjohn double-header.
The opening fixture, which featured a clash between the local Police and Defence Force, was tedious. The Army/Coast Guard unit deservedly won 2-1 as a goal apiece from Bevon Lewis and Sherman"Ants" Phillip kept out the Lawmen, who managed a fine late finish by substitute Keon Wilson.
Eight years have passed since the Defence Force were last domestic champions while Police's last league title came in 1994. Neither team are likely to enhance their glorious past this season.
Defence Force fielded a five-man midfield with the inclusion of ex-national youth player Chris Durity and managed to starve the Police frontmen of decent service for much of the game but the soldiers' wing play and movement were ordinary, at best. It meant an uninspiring affair from two of the Pro League's three clubs who boast of completely home-grown squads. The contrast between the two Marabella matches on Saturday was unmistakable.
For starters, Public and Connection offered notice to the flourishing football nurseries elsewhere in the Caribbean.
Public, coached by the Cuban duo of Domingo Hernandez and Manuel Rodriguez, play a mobile, combative brand of football epitomised by the ambitious Guyanese full back duo of Abassi McPherson and Carey Harris.
Connection, led by the esteemed St Lucian Stuart Charles-Fevrier, anchor their slick passing style with the street-smart savvy and brawn of the St Lucian pair of team captain and striker Earl Jean and sweeper Elijah Joseph-whose performances reject any notion of national bias on Fevrier's part.
The southern hosts began by hogging ball possession and testing their guest's patience but were put to the sword by a ruthless Public charge on the break.
Burly Nigel Pierre, who replaced injured talismanic striker Arnold Dwarika in the starting line-up, held off his marker and cleverly released right winger Kerry Baptiste, whose first-time cross was steered over the goal line by an alert Glasgow in the 43rd minute.
Connection pushed players forward in search of an equaliser but, with the speedy Glasgow in this mood, it was like juggling hand grenades.
Ten minutes after the break, Public doubled their lead after another potent combination from Glasgow and Baptiste.
Glasgow was the creator this time as he tricked promising Connection left back Kern Cupid with a stepover before dragging a low cross into the opposing area that Baptiste rammed into the roof of the net.
Two Public errors almost offered Connection a way back.
National defender Seon Power slashed at a clearance in the 70th minute but Connection substitute Andre Toussaint lost his nerve with a similarly wild finish while, four minutes later, midfielder Kayode McKinnon-one of four Guyanese players in Public's first team-was stripped in his own half but Jean's subsequent effort was blocked low by opposing goalkeeper and ex-Connection employee Alejandro Figueroa.
It was testament to Public's solid rearguard, led by captain and midfield lynchpin Dale Saunders, that Connection relied on unforced errors by the visitors for their best chances.

Full Results

Police F.C 1 (Kieon Wilson 78) v Defence Force 2 (Bevon Lewis 22, Sherman Phillips 59)

Caledonia AIA 1 (Marvin Oliver 88) v Superstar Rangers 0

San Juan Jabloteh 2 (Peter Byers 15, 26) v North East Stars 0

W Connection 0 v Joe Public 2 (Gary Glasgow 42, Kerry Baptiste 55)

Tobago United 0 v United Petrotrin 0
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 05:49:45 AM by Flex »

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Pro League Results 04/21/07
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 03:57:06 AM »
fellas and gals, I was away but i am back so ah could start meh bragging since Cali beat Rangers. Oliver vs Jemmot.... ah cant wait to see de game on ttproleague.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 10:29:04 AM »
We had one of the strangest refereeing decisions in the Petrotrin vs Tobago Utd game. Petrotrin won a penalty in injury time. Keon "Schillachi" Daniel stepped up and dispatched the kick with aplomb. Some petrotrin players had entered the box just prior to the kick been taken. The referee disallowed the goal as expected, but instead of ordering a re-kick, he gave Tobago Utd an indirect kick, thus preserving the draw for them and giving them their first point for the season.
Live large and prosper!

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 10:29:43 AM »
Dem N.East fans rel quiet today yes.. ;D....Jabloteh silence dem..ah nuh hearing dem today ;D

Aye anyone can give a description on Noriega performance against Connection
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 10:31:27 AM by problemjaydeess »
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 11:29:25 AM »
for the calidonia fans

shabazz tryin a diamond in the middle with theobald on top and oliver wide right

we struggled the entire game dread

finally he took off denzil for tinto

shfted marvin on top with tinto wide right immediately 5 crosses come over cuz michel james rangers u20 left back was he food

oliver get a couple a headers on to some but a striker finally control one slide pass to him in the area he cut on the cb and dispatch in the back a d net

nb. everytime hardest get the ball denzil rush him hard he cya past theobald jus so at all

errol macfarlene should be top scorer in this league if due only to share size and skill but not with rangers lala players around him

devon modeste play real good for rangers as well he could get a u23 call like nuttin
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 11:33:32 PM »
fellas and gals, I was away but i am back so ah could start meh bragging since Cali beat Rangers. Oliver vs Jemmot.... ah cant wait to see de game on ttproleague.

It was unfair to say oliver vs jemmot because after watching de game on ttproleague i realize that is 2 different styles. Both classy players but oliver seems to be more pro-active while I would like to add that Hardest has de deftest touch in local or international TnT players. (Russell Latapy included) now doh buss meh head yet.... hear meh out. There are several things that Jemmot cant do that defines the magician (Latas) but touch and un-orthodox body movement kerwyn jemmot has got de prize. with an accuracy rate of at least 85% as well (passes attempted/completed).  meh ratings for TnT players with most touch and technique

Russell Latapy  -10
Kerwyn Jemmot 7.5
Arnold Dwarika -6.5
Marvin Oliver - 6

Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 11:36:19 PM »
for the calidonia fans

shabazz tryin a diamond in the middle with theobald on top and oliver wide right

shfted marvin on top with tinto wide right immediately 5 crosses come over cuz michel james rangers u20 left back was he food

oliver get a couple a headers on to some but a striker finally control one slide pass to him in the area he cut on the cb and dispatch in the back a d net

nb. everytime hardest get the ball denzil rush him hard he cya past theobald jus so at all

errol macfarlene should be top scorer in this league if due only to share size and skill but not with rangers lala players around him

devon modeste play real good for rangers as well he could get a u23 call like nuttin

Gunta, who is de leftback (de dread) playing for Cali?  Is he  trinbagonian or a foreigner?

Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 12:31:00 AM »
does the proleague have a new web site? www.ttproleague.com eh woking fuh meh
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 02:10:39 AM »

It was unfair to say oliver vs jemmot because after watching de game on ttproleague i realize that is 2 different styles. Both classy players but oliver seems to be more pro-active while I would like to add that Hardest has de deftest touch in local or international TnT players. (Russell Latapy included) now doh buss meh head yet.... hear meh out. There are several things that Jemmot cant do that defines the magician (Latas) but touch and un-orthodox body movement kerwyn jemmot has got de prize. with an accuracy rate of at least 85% as well (passes attempted/completed).  meh ratings for TnT players with most touch and technique

Russell Latapy  -10
Kerwyn Jemmot 7.5
Arnold Dwarika -6.5
Marvin Oliver - 6

Saddist if you talking touch you have to put yorke and nixon in there  dwarika skill is undoubted but his touch isnt that clean

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 08:48:51 AM »
for the calidonia fans

Gunta, who is de leftback (de dread) playing for Cali?  Is he  trinbagonian or a foreigner?

nah boss he aint a trini

he name is sheldon emanuel or shelly onthe field he won pro league defender of the year last year and get the captincy from denzil cuz he wait to long to sign back his contract

HE FROM ST LUCIA
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 09:14:34 AM by GARRISON GUNTA »
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 10:17:34 AM »

Russell Latapy  -10
Kerwyn Jemmot 7.5
Arnold Dwarika -6.5
Marvin Oliver - 6

Saddist if you talking touch you have to put yorke and nixon in there  dwarika skill is undoubted but his touch isnt that clean

Ah feel yuh on dat. Ah feel ah only aint put dem fellas because  de final pole came down to both touch and technique and because dem man is forwards / finishers vs wokkin in de engine room (midfield) ah didnt put dem but Yorke and Nixon touch and ability was glorious and then there is scoring ability which also shared by bount to score Stern...  but Hardest boy? de man does glide dread. We just have to get him to glide faster and work on he surging runs.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 10:20:43 AM »
for the calidonia fans

nah boss he aint a trini

he name is sheldon emanuel or shelly onthe field he won pro league defender of the year last year and get the captincy from denzil cuz he wait to long to sign back his contract

HE FROM ST LUCIA

Horse, well I glad at least de man recognized for he skills because dat youth could play de ball sah. Ah now getting excited and sayin Cyd on de right and de dread on de left.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 10:11:08 AM »
We had one of the strangest refereeing decisions in the Petrotrin vs Tobago Utd game. Petrotrin won a penalty in injury time. Keon "Schillachi" Daniel stepped up and dispatched the kick with aplomb. Some petrotrin players had entered the box just prior to the kick been taken. The referee disallowed the goal as expected, but instead of ordering a re-kick, he gave Tobago Utd an indirect kick, thus preserving the draw for them and giving them their first point for the season.
Well I thought is only amateur referee does do dem ting. De first time I see dat happen was two years ago during a T&T Independence Day Zonal tournament in Ft. Lauderdale. Ironically, it involved de Tobago side  ;D. De indirect free kick is only supposed tuh be given if de penalty did not score, otherwise it has to be retaken.

Law 14 – The Penalty Kick
Infringements/Sanctions

If the referee gives the signal for a penalty kick to be taken and, before the ball is in play, one of the following situations occurs:

The player taking the penalty kick infringes the Laws of the Game:
  • the referee allows the kick to proceed.
  • if the ball enters the goal, the kick is retaken.
  • if the ball does not enter the goal, the referee stops play and restarts the match with an indirect free kick to the defending team, from the place where the infringement occurred.

The goalkeeper infringes the Laws of the Game:
  • if the ball enters the goal, a goal is awarded.
  • if the ball does not enter the goal, the kick is retaken.

A team-mate of the player taking the kick infringes the Laws of the Game:
  • If the ball enters the goal, the kick is retaken.
  • If the ball does not enter the goal, the referee stops play and restarts the match with an indirect free kick to the defending team, from the place where the infringement occurred.
[/b]

A team-mate of the goalkeeper infringes the laws of the game:
  • if the ball enters the goal, a goal is awarded.
  • if the ball does not enter the goal, the kick is retaken.

A player of both the defending team and the attacking team infringe the Laws of the Game:
  • the kick is retaken.

If, after the penalty kick has been taken: The kicker touches the ball a second time (except with his hands) before it has touched another player:
  • an indirect free kick is awarded to the opposing team, the kick to be taken from the place where the infringement occurred.

The kicker deliberately handles the ball before it has touched another player:
  • a direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team, the kick to be taken from the place where the infringement occurred.

The ball is touched by an outside agent as it moves forward:
  • the kick is retaken.

The ball rebounds into the field of play from the goalkeeper, the crossbar or the goalposts, and is then touched by an outside agent:
  • the referee stops play;
  • play is restarted with a dropped ball at the place where it touched the outside agent.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 11:00:34 AM »
Petrotrin protested on the grounds that officiating referee Lee Davis made an error with regards to the Laws of the Game, and the PFL Disciplinary Committee has ordered a rematch.
Live large and prosper!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 01:06:33 PM »
Marvin oliver rippin agae against him but he rippin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>