April 25, 2024, 02:13:33 AM

Author Topic: Rijsbergen: Gold Cup is good "get set" for World Cup  (Read 6755 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rijsbergen: Gold Cup is good "get set" for World Cup
« on: April 30, 2007, 10:30:00 AM »
Rijsbergen: Gold Cup is good "get set" for World Cup.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago senior team head coach Wim Rijsbergen, for the time being, is in Jamaica giving his support to the next generation of players currently competing for a spot in the FIFA Under 17 World Championship. But while the days slowly go by, the Dutchman is also hoping that by the time he returns to Port of Spain there will be some sort of resolution to the matter that is preventing him from having the option of selecting the best players possible for the 2007 Gold Cup.
Even if not in a week or two, Rijsbergen is still hopeful that some compromise will come through to allow him to select some of the players not being considered due to the current impasse with the TTFF.
“It’s a difficult situation. I don’t have the option to select some of these players and that’s the position at this time. Anyone will want the best team of players to take to a tournament like the Gold Cup but only time will tell what happens,” Rijsbergen said. Already a squad has been shortlisted to prepare for the tournament with only six overseas-based players in Darryl Roberts, Clayton Ince, Dennis Lawrence, Carlos Edwards, Jason Scotland and Osei Telesford included to join a camp from May 21. During that period also, several of the other overseas-based players are expected to be back in Trinidad to engage in activities for the T&T Professional Players Association as well as the annual Mickey Trotman memorial day scheduled for May 19 at Pinto Road.
He did try on Sunday to contact the Sunderland trio to congratulate them on promotion to the premiership but got through only to Stern John, a player he still considers to be the leading striker for the country.
“It’s a great step for these guys. I think it’s the best thing to happen for them right now and it means they will continue to play at a high level and we know the importance of having players at that level. Hopefully more will continue to reach a stage like that.
“At the moment the next big tournament for us is the Gold Cup and this is a great opportunity to also get the team together again to take its shape for the next World Cup qualification,” the two-time World Cup finalist player added.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 02:00:35 AM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rijsbergen: Gold Cup is good "get set" for World Cup
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 10:41:02 AM »
well everyone have to start rebuilding sometime. out of the class of 2006, only a handful of players will not be on the wrong side of 30 by 2010. unfurtunately, man like jones & birchall is key components of the next gen of warriors.

like wim, we go see what happen.

in the end, jackoff & the TTFF still getting paid.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 01:04:15 PM »
It would have been a great set up if there was no blackilist.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 07:05:54 PM »
If anybody wanted further proof of the degree of concern that Jack has for our football.......this is a fitting example. As i said before i don't agree with the players breaking ranks but i also realize the futility of the situation. It depressing.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 07:32:14 PM »
WIM BE A 4KING MAN AND SELECT YUH PLAYERS YUH WANT AND TELL THE TTFF THAT IS WHO YUH WNAT TO BATTLE WITH. SHOW THE PLAYERS THAT YUH WITH THEM AND YUH EH THINK IF YUH TAKE THAT STANCE , YUH GO HAVE WARRIORS BATTLING FUH YUH TILL 2010?

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 09:02:25 PM »
WIM BE A 4KING MAN AND SELECT YUH PLAYERS YUH WANT AND TELL THE TTFF THAT IS WHO YUH WNAT TO BATTLE WITH. SHOW THE PLAYERS THAT YUH WITH THEM AND YUH EH THINK IF YUH TAKE THAT STANCE , YUH GO HAVE WARRIORS BATTLING FUH YUH TILL 2010?

Amen, brother!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 09:06:39 PM »

Thats a smart idea ent  ::)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 09:57:53 PM »
could anyone tell me if finley of the LA galaxy was born in T&T, and is he eligable.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 05:07:41 AM »
could anyone tell me if finley of the LA galaxy was born in T&T, and is he eligable.
Yes, he is eligible, dat is why we have been following him since he was in college.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 05:17:28 AM »
Yes, he is eligible, dat is why we have been following him since he was in college.

So the question is will they call him up? does wim even know bout him ?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 07:38:06 AM by DWarriorMan »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007, 05:52:39 AM »
That  man is worries, what a wicked player. sorry to ask again, as you said he's eligable, but is he TT born? just asking cause my hommie told me he's not, and could probably get selected to play for the US.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2007, 07:17:52 AM »
That  man is worries, what a wicked player. sorry to ask again, as you said he's eligable, but is he TT born? just asking cause my hommie told me he's not, and could probably get selected to play for the US.
No, he's not T&T born, but his parents are Trinis. He has dual citizenship (T&T and US), so of course he can also be called up for the US.

This was a question posed to him in August 2006:
You have dual citizenship with the U.S. and Trinidad & Tobago, and have taken part in a T&T U-23 national team camp. Do you have a future playing for their national team?
“Both my mom and dad were born there, so that let me get dual citizenship. When I went there and tried out, it was hard for me, because it seemed like a lot of the players that were invited already knew the coaches and were residents of Trinidad & Tobago. It was tough for me because I didn’t know anyone. I’m not too sure what’s going to happen in the future. It would be nice to get called up to play with them down the line.”

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2007, 07:27:34 AM »

saw him play last night- have some rip and some speed- ...(how old is he?)...wish he was left footed as we already have a proven right winger....he seemed to like to get out wide on the right
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 07:32:06 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2007, 07:36:27 AM »

saw him play last night- have some rip and some speed- ...(how old is he?)...wish he was left footed as we already have a proven right winger....he seemed to like to get out wide on the right
He is 21 (will be 22 in August).

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2007, 11:51:39 AM »

He is 21 (will be 22 in August).

Good age  :beermug: It'd be nice if he has a strong Trini inclination....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2007, 12:12:11 PM »
you like a inclination talk eh
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2007, 12:19:28 PM »
he could "incline"  ;D how much he want if TTFF and/or Wim doh do ah lil "incline" too, 'all fall ....., to the ....'

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2007, 12:49:29 PM »

I saw that game too. The man have nice speed. He held up the ball well in the first half. Ran at players and cause real trouble. He has real leap but he does not seem to get pace off his headers (Dwight need to give him some lessons). He also played up top by himself seond half with Donovan coming from behind him. Second half he was not holding the ball as well though.

Didn't he come on as a striker against Shaka? I was kinda surprised to see him starting wide.
He need to get capped asap. I could do without seeing him poisoning T&T. Especially where he and Landon going to have an understanding. That go be pressure.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

1]; } ?>