April 17, 2024, 08:04:57 PM

Author Topic: The death of rum shops  (Read 7743 times)

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
Re: The death of rum shops
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2007, 12:20:29 PM »

Ever been to Green Door Bar in Calcutta ?
 52 in St James ?
 First an Last in Sangre Chiquito ?
 Pepe's refinery rd Point Fortin ?

Yuh know what they all still have in common ?
been to first and last... around that corner does get crowded when it have anything in man zan or mayaro..
i never been @4 in de am... but i does see an old man dey all de time..lol i eh kow if is de same one...he have ha oel stetson hat?

Hoe what yuh was doing in First and Last?

I hope yuh went to buy a pack ah nuts !  :thinking:

He was boarding some hoe for de first and last....... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2007, 12:22:52 PM »

52 in St James ?

been to first and last... around that corner does get crowded when it have anything in man zan or mayaro..
i never been @4 in de am... but i does see an old man dey all de time..lol i eh kow if is de same one...he have ha oel stetson hat?

He was boarding some hoe for de first and last....... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
jus so......grande..when yuh moving with drinkers..and couple of dem indian....even though it have real drinks ind e car...u know they must hit every bar along de way.  we use to stop bout 5 times in  sangre grande alone... is a good thing i know there well i use to avoid most ah de bars  passing though the back rds... but de liem use to always be good.
once it took us about 2  and ah halfs hrs to reach rampanalgas...only stop stop stop stop
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2007, 12:30:56 PM »

52 in St James ?

jus so......grande..when yuh moving with drinkers..and couple of dem indian....even though it have real drinks ind e car...u know they must hit every bar along de way.  we use to stop bout 5 times in  sangre grande alone... is a good thing i know there well i use to avoid most ah de bars  passing though the back rds... but de liem use to always be good.
once it took us about 2  and ah halfs hrs to reach rampanalgas...only stop stop stop stop

yeh i know what yuh mean, although my friends never stop dat much  ;D

it had a lady (prob still there) on de way to rampanalgas with a shop along de road that used to make real good homemade coconut ice cream...lawd just thinking about it

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2007, 12:32:30 PM »

52 in St James ?

it had a lady (prob still there) on de way to rampanalgas with a shop along de road that used to make real good homemade coconut ice cream...lawd just thinking about it
which part..from one ha de houses along de rd..., by de lill group ah houses at the base of ah hill round ah corner.... or by salibiya with dem lil stalls? or round by de honey man
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2007, 12:35:07 PM »

52 in St James ?

which part..from one ha de houses along de rd..., by de lill group ah houses at the base of ah hill round ah corner.... or by salibiya with dem lil stalls? or round by de honey man

weyy...now that is photographic memory. It have about 3 honey man on de way not so. I think is by a group of houses at de base of a hill round a corner yes...a simple little shop in front selling preservatives and ting. She does live in de back and plenty ppl does stop by she

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2007, 12:40:22 PM »

52 in St James ?

weyy...now that is photographic memory. It have about 3 honey man on de way not so. I think is by a group of houses at de base of a hill round a corner yes...a simple little shop in front selling preservatives and ting. She does live in de back and plenty ppl does stop by she
u knwo de ole spanish/ cocopanyol man ah fattish man who use ot sell honey when de road form grande and arima meet to continue on to balandra, dais de honey man ah tlaing bout. dais meh padna father we use ot get free honey sometimes  ;D he passed away now though  RI.P POPS

I know wey u talkign bout never taste she ice cream though....

for about 3 yrs dat was we limin spot for summers man ever sat or sunday we use to go down on dat side for de day...its was nice dais why i know de rds real good.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2007, 12:45:26 PM »
[yuh ever drink rum by kinshasa

dais in curepe...close to kay donna ent??
I drink in dey once.....men want to stab yuh if you too long on de pool table oui

not me an dem

kay donna still around?

yes exactly 48 steps from Kay donna (6 foot steps to cross dey highway)
every friday night it have ah fight in dere
me ain't know what happen to Capo...askin me if i ever gone in dere

yes Kay donna still going strong yes....

kaydonna close dong gyul,they makin condoms ah mean condos.

Capo doh make joke nah...dey close down Kaydonna?
but den dem build pretty bright colour condos right next to Kaydonna what year it was
and is only when dey owner put down dey last brick, den dey government say dey land NOT fur sale - break it down

ah wonder whatever happen to dat case

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2007, 12:46:15 PM »

I drink in dey once.....men want to stab yuh if you too long on de pool table oui

not me an dem

kay donna still around?

but den dem build pretty bright colour condos right next to Kaydonna what year it was
and is only when dey owner put down dey last brick, den dey government say dey land NOT fur sale - break it down

I remember sumthing so....details :beermug: :devil:

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2007, 12:49:48 PM »

not me an dem

kay donna still around?

eh knwo what ahppen to de case, but de condos occipied and still bright yellow  ;D

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2007, 12:52:49 PM »
ah cyah believe Kay Donna close down boy  :'(

dat was meh special place
meh name crave by dey ummm errr :-\

anyways ah cyah believe it close down

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2007, 01:13:36 PM »
ah cyah believe Kay Donna close down boy :'(

carve wey?
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2007, 01:32:15 PM »
i have good rum shop menories

meh Pa had one in Moruga

I used to visit during school holidays

at night I would sneak in an help my self to a C-C-Mel

me alone in de rum shop sipping a CCMel in secret ;D

Now, I know dis go sound bad, but what, pray tell, is a CCMel?

CCMel was a canned cocoa/chocolate drink dat was avaialble in the 60's.  I tried to Google it but came up blank.  Anybody have info on de demise of this drink?
i tink i drink that as ah lil fella,i tink it was ah yellowish long slim can,like de milo can.that was in de 80's.

yes .. de can was slim and yellow.  WC, de name was C-C-Mel or CCMel or someting like dat.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2007, 02:48:07 PM »

like yuh reminissing bout them days in de backseat ah de car gyul.hahaha,yuh is not de only one,real ting get slaughter in kaydonna at de hands ah de butcher.hehe.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2007, 06:30:23 PM »
ah cyah believe Kay Donna close down boy :'(

carve wey?

<stares>
 :heehee:

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2007, 06:33:18 PM »

like yuh reminissing bout them days in de backseat ah de car gyul.hahaha,yuh is not de only one,real ting get slaughter in kaydonna at de hands ah de butcher.hehe.

umm car ??? ya mean dey swings in dey back - ah did like dey see-saw bad  :-X

memories of upstairs dey cafe - moqusito making mass in ya tail but ya not moving....

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2007, 07:02:21 AM »

umm car ??? ya mean dey swings in dey back - ah did like dey see-saw bad  :-X

memories of upstairs dey cafe - moqusito making mass in ya tail but ya not moving....

Dey used to show movies at Kay Donna ??? ??? ??? ::) ::)  Ah do think anytime I went to dey I see de movie :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: 

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2007, 07:07:49 AM »
kaydonna had de best fried wantons and chicken.yuh must eat after ah good bullin ah mean workout. :rotfl: :rotfl:
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

1]; } ?>