April 23, 2024, 02:25:44 PM

Author Topic: Warriors available for Gold Cup.  (Read 11350 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warriors available for Gold Cup.
« on: May 03, 2007, 08:58:13 PM »
Warriors available for Gold Cup.
By: Lasana Liburd (TTFF).

FPATT: FIFA won't ban players.

The Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT) yesterday reiterated that their 2006 World Cup players are ready for international duty and denied that any FIFA law could stop their participation at the June CONCACAF Gold Cup in the United States.
Kevin Harrison, an England Professional Football Association (PFA) financial adviser and adviser to FPATT, suggested that FPATT's legal advisers had sought to clarify the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation's (T&TFF) concerns over the availability of their star players.
Oliver Camps, the T&TFF president, suggested that the 16 World Cup players considering legal action against the association over a bonus dispute were ineligible for selection.
"Anybody who takes their Federation to court is in violation of FIFA rules," said Camps, last Friday. "Once that threat is in the making we cannot deal with them."
Harrison, who claimed to "have rushed to the aid of the T&TFF" in this matter, disagreed with Camps' interpretation of the FIFA statutes.
"Our legal advisers have told us that this kind of industrial dispute is covered under employment laws, and therefore is not a 'sporting dispute'," said Harrison. "It is every employee's democratic right to challenge their employer if they believe an employment contract, be it written or verbal, is not adhered to.
"Obviously, it is now down to T&TFF's legal advisers to discuss this in more detail with FIFA, but it is our understanding that the barrier to selection is non-existent."
Harrison chided the T&TFF for allegedly attempting "to divide and conquer" within the squad and admitted to disputes among the World Cup players as a result. However, he conceded that both parties would have been better served if FPATT had played a role in negotiations between players and administrators.
"Disputes of this kind should be settled around a table and not in court rooms," said Harrison. "This dispute has festered because the federation needs a point of contact to deal with directly It would be wise for all Trinidad and Tobago internationals, both present and future, to recognise that their needs are best protected by negotiating future contracts through FPATT.
"This way, there is anonymity for the players and a dispute will not lead to reprisals and non-selection."
He explained that the lack of funding curtailed FPATT's growth but said the organisation was solving the problem with initiatives like the May 20 benefit match at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.
"We do not have access to massive TV deals as in other nations, but we have many plans in place to create income streams of our own, such as the forthcoming Funday," said Harrison. "We are in discussions with global businesses who are interested in becoming business partners of FPATT and we expect to make announcements in the coming weeks as these deals are ratified. I think it will shock some people as to the standard of these business partners.
"People fail to appreciate that, outside of Trinidad and Tobago, the national team has created a place in the hearts of the global football community, much as Cameroon achieved in the 90's. We are tapping into this rich vein of respect."
Harrison pointed out that 42 countries already had a players' union and claimed that FIFA president Sepp Blatter accepts the stabilising effect of unions and endorsed their formation in Africa to be established alongside every national league.
"You only have to look at the way such disputes are dealt with in the 42 countries that have players unions," said Harrison. "When was the last time that Brazil, Germany or England failed to select their star players over contracts?"
The British financial adviser claimed to be satisfied that Camps' stance on national selection was not based on reprisal but "stems from his duty to ensure (the) T&TFF adheres to FIFA rules".
He hopes that FPATT has helped resolve the selection issue so that all parties can focus on Gold Cup success. He expects that national coach Wim Rijsbergen would be particularly pleased to have a full roster at the CONCACAF tournament, which is the biggest competition between World Cups.
"It is important to nurture the talent of home-based players, for they are the future of Trinidad and Tobago," said Harrison. "However, it is also important to blend youth and experience and play your best available team in competitions When the nation's pride is at stake, the football community expects to see the best possible team, regardless of the relationship between players and federations.
"The fresh crop of home-based players will wish to emulate the 2006 squad in the 2010 World cup finals, however, it will require the experience of the World Cup players to get them there."
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 04:02:04 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors available for Gold Cup
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 09:12:49 PM »
Ok, the ball is in the TTFingF court now, let me see what dotish talk dey gonna come up with now  >:(

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 09:17:37 PM »
 :devil: now dey have no excuse  :beermug: we have to buy some drinks for Lasana  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: good reporting as usual  ;)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 09:20:04 PM by die hard warrior »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 09:18:21 PM »
I was now going to post this article..... ah doh know y Camps talking for.... cause non o dem aint know nuttin.... dey all know is Jack calling all de shots

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 09:30:50 PM »
So leh we see Wim call dem up then I go believe it. Is not that dey avialble is the issue. Is how there dey eh take they under 1000 US and hush. After all the gov't who eh do nutten give them a million a man.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 09:50:04 PM »
Man, Jack and he pardners in FIFA ent easy at all.
Jack ent shame?
but den again he doing this 34 yrs now
dem does take being a "Bully" to new heights oui
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

TrinInfinite

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 12:53:06 AM »
one flaw... wim has 2 select dem in order for dem 2 play... no players juss walk on de team.. de players callin de bluff.. will wim do it? ???

God is de BOSS...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 05:32:51 AM »
one flaw... wim has 2 select dem in order for dem 2 play... no players juss walk on de team.. de players callin de bluff.. will wim do it? ???

God is de BOSS...

TI, Wim say it outta he hands....

So leh we see Wim call dem up then I go believe it. Is not that dey avialble is the issue. Is how there dey eh take they under 1000 US and hush. After all the gov't who eh do nutten give them a million a man.

Yuh understand Weary......dat is de thing self.....
Ah still goh be home.....with no team to support......

Doh bend now fellas.....keep de faith....ah still vex wid Dennis Lawrence.... >:(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors available for Gold Cup.
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 06:34:30 AM »
Lasana is a BOSS !!!!!!!!!!! de man just know how to time it !!!!!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 06:50:02 AM »
"Anybody who takes their Federation to court is in violation of FIFA rules," said Camps, last Friday. "Once that threat is in the making we cannot deal with them."

Why wouldn’t you sue your boss if he was stealing yuh money is the question? ??? Like them think the players stupid or something. ::) I just hope they could get all that bacchanal straight soon ASAP…because we go geh real licks if our top guns ent playing in tha GOLD CUP.  Like is balizay they dealing with only snake in T&TFF and Jack is the Big Black Cobra!  :devil:
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 07:20:45 AM »
Wow we really get fed a lot of  BS from TTFF boy and it's a good thing that bigger footballing interests are looking into the true nature of the laws. This is an empoyer employee dispute not availability to play as is rightly stated, but I can hear Jack now

"I I I I IT isth apparenth, that the the the, playersth are in a mutiny, and  we we , are within our rightth to deny a resthquest of their srerviceths" :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2007, 08:16:44 AM »
hear nah....allyuh meet meh by de ttff ...ah going with a rope and some duct tape..tie up camps and pelt him in de labbase....
shit...ah forget he doh be in de ttff....he always in havard...f**king scotch and coconut water
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 09:18:47 AM »
You will not believe i'm laughing at this whole situation,this is like looking at a old movie,i've seen it so many times,in the end the starboy always ends up winning.

I'm telling you all you wasting your time,Jack don't do anything if he knows he going to lose,he does things different to the average Trini,he is the ultimate professional,he checks out all the loopholes before he do his thing,we try to plug ours after damage is already done,the guy always a few steps ahead of us eg look at when we form a players union,after this problem happened.

You feel Jack and TTFF don't know about all what is stated in that report,they get their advice and support from FIFA (lawyers),my guess is if anything is to happen it will be after the Gold Cup,TTFF will drag it out to make sure these guys don't play.

What i will say here may affect some people but two wrongs don't make a right,the players right for demanding their money but went about it the wrong way,they said they was not playing for T&T,TTFF said they got their money already and don't want to pay what was promised per contract,which we know is untrue.

Kevin Harrison could interpret the laws how ever he wants,in Football FIFA law stands and that's what Jack/FIFA works with that's why they win most battles.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 09:23:23 AM »
You will not believe i'm laughing at this whole situation,this is like looking at a old movie,i've seen it so many times,in the end the starboy always ends up winning.

I'm telling you all you wasting your time,Jack don't do anything if he knows he going to lose,he does things different to the average Trini,he is the ultimate professional,he checks out all the loopholes before he do his thing,we try to plug ours after damage is already done,the guy always a few steps ahead of us eg look at when we form a players union,after this problem happened.

You feel Jack and TTFF don't know about all what is stated in that report,they get their advice and support from FIFA (lawyers),my guess is if anything is to happen it will be after the Gold Cup,TTFF will drag it out to make sure these guys don't play.

What i will say here may affect some people but two wrongs don't make a right,the players right for demanding their money but went about it the wrong way,they said they was not playing for T&T,TTFF said they got their money already and don't want to pay what was promised per contract,which we know is untrue.

Kevin Harrison could interpret the laws how ever he wants,in Football FIFA law stands and that's what Jack/FIFA works with that's why they win most battles.

So based on that what should we do? I admit i looked at this suituation and said the same thing. But if you dont fight....yuh loose same way. We can do like what Jennings did.....be a thorn in the sides......and make more people aware. Jack and company must be stopped.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2007, 09:23:43 AM »
"Anybody who takes their Federation to court is in violation of FIFA rules," said Camps, last Friday.

That is a scary ting.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2007, 09:40:57 AM »
Could someone help me here please? Doesn’t it hurt the T@TFF if we were to go and loose at Gold Cup? Why wouldn’t they want the players to represent the Country? This is not making any dollars or sense to me dread. Like we really have to tie up all ah them and throw them thee de labbase.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2007, 09:44:08 AM »
It doh really hurt dem cuz dem gettin de money for participation. Any extra money would come from performance bonuses.....the lions share of which might go to the players. Better they take what they get...give the other players a pittance......and collect some.........and have others knowing the consequences of not toeing the line...that go for more with players they know not taking any foolishness from them.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2007, 09:59:32 AM »
Could someone help me here please? Doesn’t it hurt the T@TFF if we were to go and loose at Gold Cup? Why wouldn’t they want the players to represent the Country? This is not making any dollars or sense to me dread. Like we really have to tie up all ah them and throw them thee de labbase.
Because AJW ego bigger dan everything else and he doh like NOBODY to request anything that he doh want to agree to.....
in a nutshell, he is a Big Man, with the mind of a Child. Total Alpha Male Syndrome
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 10:07:09 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2007, 10:35:05 AM »
Because AJW ego bigger dan everything else and he doh like NOBODY to request anything that he doh want to agree to.....
in a nutshell, he is a Big Man, with the mind of a Child. Total Alpha Male Syndrome

If this fellow Warner, is stagnating the football for our country base upon corruption etc...Wouldn’t our government have a say in the matters, to have him demoted or something. Or are we dealing with the Mafia and FIFA. Someone told me once that FIFA started off as being part of the Mafia. Just like some of the Italian teams.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2007, 11:41:41 AM »

If this fellow Warner, is stagnating the football for our country base upon corruption etc...Wouldn’t our government have a say in the matters, to have him demoted or something. Or are we dealing with the Mafia and FIFA. Someone told me once that FIFA started off as being part of the Mafia. Just like some of the Italian teams.
Well...Fifa doesnt allow governments to interfere with the matters of the national federation. Thats the mandate that allows FIFA to do as it pleases. Its used conveniently...and forgotten conveniently....kinda like when money is going to be given.

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
  • red GIRL from sando, kairi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2007, 03:59:47 AM »
This is the full text of the press release from Kevin Harrison of FPATT:

FPATT help Camps with selection crisis.

FPATT, the Football Players Association of Trinidad & Tobago, have rushed to the aid of the TTFF national president Oliver Camps in the controversy over World Cup  players thought to be unavailable for selection for the national team, because of the dispute over non payments of World Cup bonuses.

UK based FPATT special adviser, Kevin Harrison, said that following Mr Camps statements in the Trinidad media, FPATTS legal advisers immediately looked to see if they could overcome the legal barriers that were preventing TTFF from making some of the players available to Mr Rijsbergen.

Harrison said “Mr Rijsbergens comments on April 30th in the Express, in which he stated that “we can only use the players made available to him by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF).”, and Mr Camps statement that “Anybody who takes their Federation to court is in violation of FIFA rules. Once that threat is in the making we cannot deal with them”, led us to search for a way for the TTFF to make the players available to Mr Rijsbergen.

Our legal advisers have told us that this kind of industrial dispute is covered under employment laws, and therefore is not a “sporting dispute”. Harrison went on to say “ It is every employees democratic right to challenge their employer if they believe an employment contract, be it written or verbal, is not adhered to. Obviously, it is now down to TTFF’s legal advisers to discuss this in more detail with FIFA, but it is our understanding that the barrier to selection is non existent.”

Harrison went on to say “This is precisely the reason that FPATT has been formed. Disputes of this kind should be settled around a table and not in court rooms. This dispute has festered because the federation need a point of contact to deal with directly. It is clear that by trying to negotiate with 16 people, the federation have been able to divide and conquer. This only leads to disputes within the group and does not address the initial issue. It would be wise for all Trinidad and Tobago internationals, both present and future, to recognise that their needs are best protected by negotiating future contracts through FPATT. This way, there is anonymity for the players and a dispute will not lead to reprisals and non selection. Clearly in this instance, Mr Camps stance on selection is not based on any form of reprisal, but stems from his duty to ensure TTFF adheres to FIFA rules. It appears that FPATT have been able to help resolve this selection issue and everyone can concentrate on Gold Cup success.”
-be the change you wish to see-

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2007, 04:15:12 AM »
Oh, well now that camps is on the job...

I can surely rest easy.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2007, 11:00:34 AM »

The tone of that press release is very different from the article presenting it in the T&T paper.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2007, 11:08:02 AM »
Sin, weh yuh been??!!
haven't heard from you forever.

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
  • red GIRL from sando, kairi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2007, 02:05:56 PM »
I know, I know. I disappeared into the world of full-time employment - I miss those heady student days when I actually wanted to stare at a screen all day ;)

Sin, weh yuh been??!!
haven't heard from you forever.

-be the change you wish to see-

1]; } ?>