March 26, 2024, 10:58:27 PM

Author Topic: Gold Cup Warriors (DreamTeam) as selected by the SWonline Forumites.......  (Read 9812 times)

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Gold Cup Warriors (DreamTeam) as selected by the SWonline Forumites.......
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2007, 07:36:48 AM »

Those are all great line-ups.  If T&T is ever to win the Gold Cup, this is it.

It wasn't long ago that I would have suggested that Canada could beat T&T, but right now there is no way. Canada has no permanent coach, no technical director, no CEO to run the CSA.  The rest of CONCACAF are playing international matches at a frantic pace, and Canada is frozen in purgatory.  Canadian  fans are demanding exhibition matches prior to the Gold Cup, instead the CSA announces a friendly with Iceland in August !

Regardless who wins, all Canadian fans are happy that the guest teams are gone.  This should only be a CONCACAF tournament.  It's also another reason why T&T should have it's greatest chance to win the Gold Cup.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2007, 09:48:43 AM »
One positive endorsement??? is that what I am hearing?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2007, 05:44:33 PM »
See the success Carlos has playing on the wing?? ummmmm

Imagine

Edwards        Jones      John         Glen

???               Yorke       Birchall

We Go attack!!!!!

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2007, 06:36:47 PM »
hardest is 100 percent local talent, an all who exclude him from d line up talking bs, anyway he on d squad for the gold cup and soon he will be playing in for a first division team in europe. You heard it here first. bless.....

TrinInfinite

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2007, 10:14:07 AM »
No offense alberta but this is the line-up YOU have selected, speak for yourself, not for me... My team is entirely different than your team that you think is a consensus on the board...

God is de BOSS.....

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2007, 10:20:14 AM »
hardest is 100 percent local talent, an all who exclude him from d line up talking bs, anyway he on d squad for the gold cup and soon he will be playing in for a first division team in europe. You heard it here first. bless.....

nah nah nah... hardlucks der boss... dat hen TI has been babeling on about how hardest go take de whole world for a looong time now.

I doh even like de man and ah could tell yuh doh come wit de "yuh hear it first here" ting.

and anyone who want Carlos Edwards in de back instead of in de wings is mad... and I thank sweet God that none of you people are making the decision... because wasting that attacking option is absolutely astounding to me.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2007, 10:20:41 AM »
Give all the brazilians citizenship and have them fight for a spot on the national team.........then we go talk line-up. ;D ;D ;D

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2007, 10:21:17 AM »

Those are all great line-ups.  If T&T is ever to win the Gold Cup, this is it.

It wasn't long ago that I would have suggested that Canada could beat T&T, but right now there is no way. Canada has no permanent coach, no technical director, no CEO to run the CSA.  The rest of CONCACAF are playing international matches at a frantic pace, and Canada is frozen in purgatory.  Canadian  fans are demanding exhibition matches prior to the Gold Cup, instead the CSA announces a friendly with Iceland in August !

Regardless who wins, all Canadian fans are happy that the guest teams are gone.  This should only be a CONCACAF tournament.  It's also another reason why T&T should have it's greatest chance to win the Gold Cup.

Thanks for de support. I fell if T&T field their best possible team they are also capable of winning it.

Hislop
Spann, Sancho, Lawrence, Avery
Edwards, Yorke, Birchall, Samuel
John, Jones
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 10:25:46 AM by Flex »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2007, 10:40:31 AM »
                                         Jan

Gray                    Telesford            Lawrence             John

Edwards               Yorke                 Jemmott  ???        Johnson

John                    Jones

Tinto
Roberts
Bailey
Daniel
Whiltshire
Sancho
Phillips

TrinInfinite

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2007, 11:45:08 AM »
Jan

Gray Telesford Lawrence John

Edwards Yorke Jemmott ??? Johnson

John Jones

Tinto
Roberts
Bailey
Daniel
Whiltshire
Sancho
Phillips

since when does johnson play left wing and ah doubt roberts will be on de bench, bringin stern off de bench will be a better option, there shouldnt be no question mark by hardest, the most creative mid we have and where bleeder? ??? samuel has been our most effective left winger thus far, avery john too old, daniel should play and be groomed, jan still not up to par, i prefer marvin phillips by far, and you should drop yorke back as a holding mid instead and put hardest on top the mid..

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2007, 12:08:06 PM »
Bring Stern of the bench ?

Ok I get meh positioning wrong with Johnson.

If yuh notice the formation is flat- thats just for illustrative reasons ( Yorke is meant to be the holding midfielder thats why I leave out Bleeder)

The ??? by Hardest is just show my reluctance. He too inconsistent for me to give him all that pips you does give him.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2007, 12:18:10 PM »
Bring Stern of the bench ?

Ok I get meh positioning wrong with Johnson.

If yuh notice the formation is flat- thats just for illustrative reasons ( Yorke is meant to be the holding midfielder thats why I leave out Bleeder)

The ??? by Hardest is just show my reluctance. He too inconsistent for me to give him all that pips you does give him.

hardest playing alongside fellahs like yorke and dem will only take his game even to an even higher level....imagine if he made a pass to a fellah like jones or stern like what he gave glasgow, or de flicks and passes on de wing to carlos instead, man will be singin a diff tune..

God is de BOSS...

TrinInfinite

The Revised Final 11 for the Gold Cup...
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2007, 08:54:32 AM »
Now that Wim has picked the squad, I wish Sancho, Jones and Samuel was apart of the squad, they are additions we needed on the team, especially samuel on the left wing, sancho as central defender and jones playing upfront with Roberts would have been very nice to see. But with this impasse still lingering the team we have is a decent mix. If we go 4-4-2... Spann would be in brackets for me as right back but I don't know how well his fitness is right now and whether he has got back to being his old self again? ???

() any players in brackets for me I think will be certain for the final 11...

(Ince) will likely get the start

3 fellahs fighting for right back                   centre back will be between 2 players
Spann/Thomas/Power          (Tallman)                N.Thomas/Jack              (Daniel)

(Edwards)                          (Theobald)                          Touissant/Baptiste
                                                                               What may happen here is Daniel may     
                                                                                move up to play left wing....

(Hardest)

(Roberts)                                    (Scotland)

If your going 3-5-2............

(Ince)

Spann/Thomas/Power                (Tallman)                        (Daniel)

Maybe even jaggy/(Noel)-stopper

again Daniel may come up on the left
(Edwards)                          (Theobald)                          Baptiste/touissant

(Hardest)

(Roberts)                                 (Scotland)

There is where I wish we had samuel on the left to fill this spot...

God is de BOSS....

« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 08:56:41 AM by TrinInfinite »

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T.I dat was de most sensible post ah see so far....ah was going and chuck ene meh two cents, but yuh handle it de most realistic.  Ah didnt tink ah had to wait till page two ah de post to see someting dat really looking realistic, based on de facts presently at hand....Now, ah want people to mirror yuh sentiments, and develop some realistic possible starting eleven, so we could determine Wims Competence if he does differently

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Look allyuh, wake up. How much times ah go tell yuh. We cyah attack with any serious confidence and formation unless de back not taking licks from the 3rd minute and making every man jack paranoid. We eh going NOWHERE >:(  (not even to a  2 by 4 Digicel Caribbean Cup) with Dwayne Jack in de back as first choice, far less Concacaf Gold Cup.

AS far as I'm  concerned only total seriously committed hardworking professionals for this endeavour (GOLD CUP and WORLD CUP). So Hardest could geh a sweat selling nuts until he learn to report to practice ON TIME ...and answerin' his cell phone....and being accountable!  >:(  and not da nonsense we've been seeing from him recently.  Additionally, he has no more than 15 mins fitness for this level of the game and dat is a midfield liabiliy to the whole team. Fellas, we going there to win Concacaf, not jess show up. So high standards please. TI take note. No fren fren in dis.

Nex' ting ... and still related. The best Socawarriors must be there. If it means an apology by Jackula with a promise in writing never to exploit the socawarriors again and to show all contracts to SW.net  ;D then so be it, but the BLACKLISTED PLAYERS Sancho, Gray, Avery etc must be options and probably should be selected for defense.  Samuel, Birch, Whitley must be called up for midfield, Stern, Jones must be in attack. I presume that Dog wants to retire but yuh never know, as he is a tremendous resource for the younger ones to feed off from and follow.

Remember every spot must have a plan A, plan B player in case of injury and the players must be in de right position. If Carlos geh injured or geh a red card, then life must move on ... seamlessly! De newer players to watch will be put next to the established ones for the position so the numbers on this squad will be excessive....which is a nice position to be in wit' men competing like crazy for a spot ;D.

Guaranteed 24 member initial squad selection in red.  Dicey and lingering doubts... but yuh never know, in blue. To be considered, but not guaranteed, in black. Slow lumbering defenders who cyah take a little pressure and pass de ball to the midfield without a dotish boom kick, just cyah cut it in dis rounds dread and geyyin' a boom kick orf my sheet unless new video files of dem are seen or if Big Mag sen' a good report from de PFL games. Defenders need to be bursting with confidence and projecting intimidating attitude, and not running home to Mammy when dem prison-gang Central Americans res' dong some blade on dem.  Remember, this is a selection scheme and NOT A GUARANTEED PLAYING FORMATION    Blacklisted are underlined

Ince, Jack, Jan Michael

----------------------------------------------

Tallest, Julius James, Atiba, Abubakr, Jack          Sancho, Telesford, Noreiga      

Gray, Drayton                                                                             Daniel, Avery  

-----------------------------------------------

Birch, Spann                                     Whitley, Wiltshire

Theobald, Toussaint, Yorke (last hurrah out of retirement)

Carlos, Baptiste                                           Scotland, Samuel, Fitzpat

----------------------------------------------------

Stern, Jones, Roberts, Glasgow, Wolfe

If yuh subtract de underlined players because of unsolved blacklisting by Jackula then yuh see wha' go happen. Shootin' weself in de foot wit' a AK47  >:(

Cornell Glen:notworthy: :notworthy:  de ultimate weapon of mass destruction will be back for de World Cup qualifiers  :praying: after he goes on trial with several of the EPL teams, who would now feel peer-pressured to geh a deadly Trini  ;D.

Stern retires after de World Cup and Roberts becomes the new Stern in about 3 years. Glasgow retires maybe after de Gold Cup and holds on until the younger ones learn all his tricks, unless he can keep up de speed with dem young stallions. World Cup super warrior strike force for 2010: Stern, Glenn, Roberts, Jones.  2014 super warrior strike force: Roberts, Jones, Glenn (still?), Wolfe? and maybe some youngsters from de under17, under 20  or MLS folks like Findley or Peltier etc.

Note, Scotland is not ranking very highly in de air, so he would be adapted to a winger/attacking midfielder like Samuel but put somewhere anyhow, as he is so talented and driven. A balanced strike force must have super headers, target strikers, head and foot scorers and speed blazers like Glen. Beenie was a borse in understanding balance! Spann can be moved aroound as utility and Theobald, as the only true holding midfielder except for Whitley does not have to lie so deep if the defense is not insecure about their skill and confidence, as was in the Dig Cup. Toussaint is to cause trouble near de box and give us free kicks. He should be pulled wide or else he woiuld be broken up. Great player.

So 33 to start in camp! Yout' men who have just graduated past Play Station and Xbox mentality could big up Hardest and tie his boots while he selling nuts. Yuh have to learn about grooming fuh de role (and yuh get that by hangin' around and rubbin' shoulders) b4 yuh geh pick. Trus' me dem Guates, Durans and Ricans eh geyyin' drop to school holdin' lunch-kit. Is big gangsta dey hangin' out wit. So no place for underexposed li'l boys. For Digicel yeah, but Concaccaf ...eh eh.  :shameonyou:

Jackula, Scamps and Rodent,  :waiting: yuh know what to do  >:(

« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 05:25:19 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wim, ah know yuh reading dis board. Be a man wit' some balls and tell Jackula dat dis very team yuh seeing dey is what yuh want an' yuh not settlin'....or else yuh going back to Holland

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
                                                          --Jack--

--C.Gray---                 --B.Sancho--                          ---D.Lawrence----             --A.John----

---Carlitos---                --Birchall-----                  ---Spann---                    ---C.Samuel/Whitley--------

---Jones---                       ---STERN 14----

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
                                                          --Jack--

--C.Gray---                 --B.Sancho--                          ---D.Lawrence----             --A.John----

---Carlitos---                --Birchall-----                  ---Spann---                    ---C.Samuel/Whitley--------

Small Mag, fuh a likkle yout'man yuh have plenty sense. De only little ting is that Theobald or Spann will play depending on whether yuh want a little extra holding vs defending. Most likely Spann will rotate with Birchall depending on performance / fitness at de time and Theobald would therefore be on the field in the diagram.  But yuh right on target so ah go promote yuh to drink a shandy with us fellas drinkin' beers
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 04:16:22 PM by dreamer »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
yeah dreamer 

i was thinking of the Theobald factor but i like my side

Shandy lol? 

Yeh crack a stag for meh dere

only have 11 months till i could leagally drink(18)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
yeah dreamer 

i was thinking of the Theobald factor but i like my side

Shandy lol? 

Yeh crack a stag for meh dere

only have 11 months till i could leagally drink(18)

Ah go have to ask Big Mag fuss  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I eh feel yuh ready for de  :beermug: :beermug: yet  ;D

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
                                                          --Jack--

Too much foreign based..this is 2 unlikely
maybe one out of all those players go actually make dah list

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Ince, Jack, Jan Michael

----------------------------------------------

Tallest, Julius James, Atiba, Abubakr, Jack          Sancho, Telesford, Noreiga      

Gray, Drayton                                                                             Daniel, Avery  

-----------------------------------------------

Birch, Spann                                     Whitley, Wiltshire

Theobald, Toussaint, Yorke (last hurrah out of retirement)

Carlos, Baptiste                                           Scotland, Samuel, Fitzpat

----------------------------------------------------

Stern, Jones, Roberts, Glasgow, Wolfe

Decent point WTD. Remember de team is more than just 11 players. Daiz why I didn't want Small Mag to print da small list as if we have tunnel vision for only certain regulars. De new blood is mixed in with the older ones

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yorke and Latapy for Gold Cup????
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2007, 08:07:06 AM »
Fellas I know this is a long shoot but if we could get Yorke and Latapy for the Gold Cup as a last farewell our whole World Cup squad we could win this tournament it mite sound far fetch  but if we could convince Yorke  maybe we could get Latapy for the last time that would be a dream to see latapy play for the last time in the Gold Cup taking the Cup would be the icing on the cake.   
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bally ah understan' how yuh feel. Doh dig no horrors, we heroes go be involved some how  :beermug:

Leh we enjoy de baby warriors tonight and so who is de nex' one fuh de fyootyah  ;D

1]; } ?>