May 01, 2024, 01:18:42 AM

Author Topic: Sancho on the search...Scotland linked to Dundee United.  (Read 5769 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sancho on the search...Scotland linked to Dundee United.
« on: May 09, 2007, 05:48:00 PM »
Sancho on the search for a new spot.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago defender Brent Sancho is on the search for a new club ahead of next season. Sancho, who did not agree to sign a new contract with Gillingham during the past season, was told by the club that he was free to leave after it offered four other players new contracts. Among them is T&T defender Ian Cox. Sancho, Luke Howell, Clint Easton, Ben Chorley, Leon Johnson and Frannie Collin have all been shown the door.
But the former Finnish-based pro didn’t seem to displeased by having to leave Gillingham.
“I think I could say that I had two good years there but sometimes you have to make decisions and move on and that’s what I’m doing,” Sancho told TTFF Media.
“The manager (Ronnie Jepson) had other ideas and I wish the club the best. At the same time I have a couple other managers showing interest and hopefully something will be in line for next season,” he added. “I’m not disappointed too much because I have more football to look forward to and I’m determined to get somewhere.”
The dreadlocks player added that he was also hoping of representing T&T again after last playing for T&T against Paraguay at Germany 2006. Sancho earned admiration for his gutsy and all-heart display for the “Soca Warriors”.
“It’s just one of those things that you wish can be resolved so we can all get on with our business. I definitely love my country and want to represent them at any given opportunity. There are no two ways about that,” said the former Joe Public player. “We hope too that with the Players Association we can work together with the Federation for the benefit of all concerned.”
Sancho also had some happy words for the T&T Under 17 players who booked the country’s spot at the 2007 FIFA Under 17 World Championship.
“You guys have done the nation very proud and you need to realize now where hard work can get you. Congrats to coach Anton and his staff and all those playing a part. It’s a good foundation for our future. These guys will have to benefit from this World Cup experience.”
Sancho is expected in T&T next week to assist with the planning of the Players Association Fun Day scheduled for May 20.

Scotland linked back to Dundee United

Jason Scotland seems to be on his way out of St Johnstone after the team narrowly missed out in promotion to the Scottish Premier League.
The 25-goal player, back in Trinidad currently after the recent season, is  out of contract soon and set for a dramatic return to the club he had to leave due to work permit problems – Dundee United
Saints boss Owen Coyle said: "Craig (Levein) called out of courtesy to let me know of his interest in Jason. I appreciated that gesture.
"We haven't given up on Jason but obviously finance always comes into play.
"Jason is under contract here until the end of August so we can play him for the first month of next season. Any club wanting him before then will have to pay compensation. There is also the work-permit issue to take on board by any club after Jason."
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 05:23:25 AM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho on the search...Scotland linked to Dundee
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 05:52:59 PM »
Expect rain the drought is ovah TTFF press cover a blacklist player.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 05:56:12 PM »

;D the pressure is on... Doh worry soon dey won't be on any blacklist  ;) You notice that all de players keep saying dey available and willing to put on the Red, White and Black again :applause:  :beermug:
Time will tell, just go out and support for the Fun Day, let TTFF see that de Real Soca Warriors have ah BIG following.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 06:08:44 PM »

:beermug: Yeah buh doh relax now.

SF, we are noticing. Please increase coverage of these favourite players of ours.We need some more news on Jones, Glen (how is his rehab?), Samuel (haven't heard about him in ages  >:( ), Gray, Avery, Whitley (since the Vietnam trial), Jack and de rest. We know enough about Carlos so leh we get crackin'. Come wid de files.  ;)
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 07:14:08 PM »

lol........ ah really love it yuh know  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 06:02:28 AM »

lol........ ah really love it yuh know  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

carefull!!...............lol

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho on the search...Scotland linked to Dundee United.
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 06:40:12 AM »
I really wanted to see scotland in the Premiership division....Thought Birmingham was after him?

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 06:54:15 PM »
Sancho..keep fit bredda. 1 Lady Chancellor hill, 2 savannah, 10 laps of de pool 4 times a weekl and football every odda day, small goal every day too. DVDs on all de Concacaf teams. No roti, KFH, Royal Castle an' all dem ting  >:(

Free time to be spent hunting fuh contracts all ova de world, even MLS.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline true warrior

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 06:46:34 AM »
Sancho...persevere...de journey NOW start.....   
:duel:

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 07:05:03 AM »
still no word???

come on berry come on sancho do sumtin nah least allyuh cud ask for keane to pass tru
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

1]; } ?>