April 26, 2024, 12:20:38 PM

Author Topic: Connection adds depth to squad.  (Read 2172 times)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Connection adds depth to squad.
« on: May 10, 2007, 01:34:28 PM »
Connection beefs up squad after shaky start.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague).

The 2006 Caribbean Cup Champions Vibe CT 105 W Connection have decided to strengthen their squad after having a less than impressive start to the 2007 season.
The four-time First Citizens Cup Champions are currently 5th on the League standings on 9 points, 4 points off joint leaders Joe Public and Caledonia. So far Connection have recorded two (2) wins, three (3) draws and one (1) loss.
According to Team Administrator Raymond Mc Lean the ‘Savonnetta Boys’ are now back to full strength with their new additions which includes former MLS and A League player Leslie ‘Tiger’ Fitzpatrick.
Connection are also happy to have prodigal son David Atiba Charles back in their fold, Charles a national defender returned from a one stint in Ireland with Glenavon FC.
Two other newcomers to the Couva based team are 25 year old Brazilian goal keeper Jao Mansano and 27 year old Tobago born striker Kevin Nelson returning from Australian League with Melbourne FC.
Mc Lean confirmed that three out of the four players have already signed two year contracts with Connection, while Fitzpatrick is expected to sign soon, “Atiba is back with us and he along with Kevin Nelson and Jao Mansano have all signed two year contracts with us. As for Leslie Fitzpatrick, we are still awaiting his international transfer but I’m sure it will come very soon and he would be able to sign and play for us,” verified the W Connection Team Administrator.
Mc Lean went on to add how pleased the Club was to have Trinidad and Tobago internationals David Atiba Charles and Leslie Fitzpatrick, “We are always here for Atiba. He is part of W Connection and has been with us from inception. W Connection would always be his team of choice when he is here in Trinidad and we are very happy to have him back. Fitzpatrick has been training with us also for some time now and we are very impressed and happy to have him oin board,” he said.
As for their newest Brazilian signing, goalkeeper Mansano he was spotted by Coach Stuart Charles Fevrier, while on their pre-season tour of Brazil back in January.
“Mansano is from the City of Penapolis, the hometown of Gefferson Goulart. While we were there on pre-season coach Stuart had opened up trials for a few guys and that’s how he was spotted. He had been excellent during the trial and that’s how he is here with us,” he added.
Raymond Mc Lean also commented on Connection’s slow start this season saying they were without a number of top players from last season such as Matthew Bartholomew, Aaron Downing and Brazilian utility player William Da Silva Oliveira.
The team Administrator now believes that his Club is back to full strength, “We have signed these top class guys and they are here to strengthen the team. With this, I can say that we are back to full strength,” said Raymond Mc Lean confidently.
Connection’s newcomers could possibly be put to the test very soon as they face fierce rivals San Juan Jabloteh on Friday in the quarterfinals of the Courts Pro Bowl at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 06:26:09 PM by Flex »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Connection adds depth to squad.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 09:11:41 PM »
Very curious to see how Charles and Nelson perform this year at Connection.....I was not impressed by Fitzpatrick performence at the Digicel cup so I hope he surprises me..

1]; } ?>