April 19, 2024, 01:38:13 AM

Author Topic: Glen signs back up with Jabloteh.  (Read 12788 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Glen signs back up with Jabloteh.
« on: May 11, 2007, 04:02:10 PM »
Glen signs back up with Jabloteh.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago World Cup team forward Cornell Glen has signed a short-term contract with CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh and has targeted late June for a return to competitive football in the T&T Pro League.
Glen who operated on an injured knee after a second injury with former club LA Galaxy following the 2006 World Cup is making steady progress and is in training with the Jabloteh team.
He explained his reasons for signing the new deal which goes up until December 2007.
“At the moment things are going okay but I am still not up to full fitness. I am in training with Jabloteh and I have been playing in the scrimmages in training. I decided that it would be a good option to sign with them and start back playing in the Pro League before anything else,” Glen told TTFF Media.
“I am aiming at playing again after the Gold Cup,” he added.
Glen added though that he had some reservations about rushing back into international football.
“Time will tell because things have been rough since the injury. There was no set up for any form of compensation or anything for me since the injury and this has me thinking otherwise for the time being. I could well take a back seat from the national team and focus on my club career before making a return. But time will tell,” Glen concluded.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 04:41:15 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Glen signs back up with Jabloteh
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 04:23:59 PM »
It good to see the quality of players coming back to the PFL It would be nice if Conn or  Public could actually be competitive in the Club Championships. Too bad jab not in the competition this year.

Maybe a PFL select should invit a South American side. With Whitley, Spann, Tiger, Glenn, Densil etc they might actually be competitive.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 04:27:10 PM by rippin »
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 04:27:10 PM »
That sad but he need to play somewhaere even with that goat Fenick.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 04:29:56 PM »
It probably not sad. I read plenty articles from UK where they  mentioned Carlos played for Defense force. I think Glenn will get big. Maybe they will start realizing we have talent in Trnidad.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 04:31:12 PM »
Glen has been really unlucky.

Hopefully he can get fit and back in form. He has the quality and if he is playing he will get chances abroad again.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Glen signs back up with Jabloteh.
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 05:36:41 PM »
get back to full fitness soon, we need dat kind of pace and skill...... :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 05:46:19 PM »
Glen and Byers will kill them in de PFL... Oh lom....

Speed and Power.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 05:47:01 PM by Flex »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 06:00:44 PM »
Great move Glen.   :applause:  Show us that blazing speed. Doh frighten. EPL will be calling within months.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 06:28:48 PM »
Stay healthy glen...good luck... :beermug:

Offline true warrior

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 06:34:09 PM »
Good luck Glen   :beermug:

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 06:38:55 PM »
i will be at all jabloteh's game from now ;)
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 07:13:05 PM »
so why yuh was not there when glenn used to play for jabloteh???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 07:34:08 PM »
Somewhere we missed the point about compensation after the injuries. as though no one cared. i get the impression that he was abandoned. Whatever happened to Compassion.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 10:08:35 PM »
We need he pace so we need him of the blacklist. As for compassion pleezeeeeeeeeee. We doh care bout we athletes if they get injured on national team duty watch or pickin mangoes it is their responsibility to get betta nobody eh care
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 10:14:11 PM »
my sentiments exactly.  Just another story in de long list of stories about being a Senior player in de TnT National Football Team. 

If it woulda serve a purpose ah woulda start a post about "de best/worst  stories of de TTFF" like No. #144 It aint have no water fuh man to drink when yuh training and is not becasue people feel dat water is for sissys either is just because it dont have none.

Warren N. Boucaud

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 10:58:09 PM »
doh jump the gun Jab supporters, this Glenn and the smdighents of the WC glenn most probably won't be the same, he would have to change his style and approach to the game, but his experience may still be able to offer ah positive....good luck to him still, "we play with what we get deal, even if we doh win the pot, we still get ah chancee to fold with the dreams ah if we coulda win" (brag master duggie)  :)

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2007, 11:35:41 PM »
doh jump the gun Jab supporters, this Glenn and the smdighents ??? of the WC glenn most probably won't be the same, he would have to change his style and approach to the game, but his experience may still be able to offer ah positive....good luck to him still, "we play with what we get deal, even if we doh win the pot, we still get ah chancee to fold with the dreams ah if we coulda win" (brag master duggie)  :)
???
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2007, 05:31:31 AM »
Somewhere we missed the point about compensation after the injuries. as though no one cared. i get the impression that he was abandoned. Whatever happened to Compassion.

Yeah boy ah was reading de thread and thought people woulda latch on to dat, but no one did till you brought it up.....

Ok, now I doh profess to know ah whole lot about how dese things work, but ah know he was realeased from his club, so ah take it dem eh help out with de bills from de injury, but den how ah man who reeeaallll represent in de WC have to suffer through ah injury like this??....De man literally spell it out....he eh get no support from nobody..... :( :(

If somebody could explain how dat coulda happen I would be glad cuz like ah say mih eh know in detail how these things work.....

Good luck Cornell.....looking forward to seeing you again....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2007, 10:05:50 AM »

Yeah boy ah was reading de thread and thought people woulda latch on to dat, but no one did till you brought it up.....

Ok, now I doh profess to know ah whole lot about how dese things work, but ah know he was realeased from his club, so ah take it dem eh help out with de bills from de injury, but den how ah man who reeeaallll represent in de WC have to suffer through ah injury like this??....De man literally spell it out....he eh get no support from nobody..... :( :(

If somebody could explain how dat coulda happen I would be glad cuz like ah say mih eh know in detail how these things work.....

People does be boasting about the contracts our players getting all over the place but we does never know what's written on that piece of paper,some of these contracts is like a day job in a Chicken and Chips place they hire you today they fire you tomorrow with no compensation,it's all about use you until they can't get anything more out of you then that's it take care of yourself.This is the reason a lot of good players after college don't stay in the game,in this game not everybody lucky to make it big,some of these guys are only professional in name,it's not who you want is who wants you,there are no guarantees in this game.   

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2007, 11:53:21 AM »
doh jump the gun Jab supporters, this Glenn and the smdighents of the WC glenn most probably won't be the same, he would have to change his style and approach to the game, but his experience may still be able to offer ah positive....good luck to him still, "we play with what we get deal, even if we doh win the pot, we still get ah chancee to fold with the dreams ah if we coulda win" (brag master duggie)  :)

There is no reason to believe that he will come back as a lesser player. Players have been returning from ACL injuries sometimes better than before(usually because the become more devoted and dilligent to training appropiately.)
TnT Patriot

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2007, 01:37:30 PM »

Insurance was an item in budgets, reports and contracts for the WC so I'd be surprised if medical costs weren't covered.

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2007, 12:33:35 PM »

lemme explain it  as simply as i can for you...his compensation $ for theraphy/rehab from de galaxy got caught up in de pay beckham a retarted amount of $ fund'...i think de galaxy decided that instead of pay for this player's rehab(and probably a increased salary for a new season due to fact that he now has  playing in a world cup to add on resume etc) they would just release him and not have those issues to address..THAT'S MY OPINION as far that situation goes...as for the TTFF it's no secret where his 'compensation $' for the injury he picked up while wearing the national colours at the World Cup is/went...it's the same thing Dwight Yorke said some years back regarding his decision about him choosing club over country at times..due to the fact that before friendlies etc the necessary people from the federation are calling you constantly..seeing how you're doing etc...then when you represent the country and happen to pick up a knock or injury..you can't hear from NOBODY...

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2007, 12:40:54 PM »
The funny thing is man out here does be talking bout the coincidence of man who trying to get their monies ketching they ass and other men does be saying stuff like is them men on the national team to entertain we supporters  so it seems to me that the supporters tend to not really be any different from jackula and them because they want to see they top national team at any costs despite the risks and the losses we  boys incurring we trinis are a selfish people.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2007, 12:45:34 PM »
......... it seems to me that the supporters tend to not really be any different from jackula and them because they want to see they top national team at any costs despite the risks and the losses we  boys incurring. We trinis are a selfish people......

Daz right. Yep, we are selfish no tail

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2007, 01:02:42 PM »

lemme explain it  as simply as i can for you...his compensation $ for theraphy/rehab from de galaxy got caught up in de pay beckham a retarted amount of $ fund'...i think de galaxy decided that instead of pay for this player's rehab(and probably a increased salary for a new season due to fact that he now has  playing in a world cup to add on resume etc) they would just release him and not have those issues to address..THAT'S MY OPINION as far that situation goes...as for the TTFF it's no secret where his 'compensation $' for the injury he picked up while wearing the national colours at the World Cup is/went...it's the same thing Dwight Yorke said some years back regarding his decision about him choosing club over country at times..due to the fact that before friendlies etc the necessary people from the federation are calling you constantly..seeing how you're doing etc...then when you represent the country and happen to pick up a knock or injury..you can't hear from NOBODY...
        That's why playing for your country is an individual thing,it has always been take care of yourself play at your own risk in my time,these guys today are lucky(modern times) Jack might take care of you depending on how big your name is or if the public make an issue of it,these things don't surprise me i'm accustomed and used to it,i'll give you two of the examples that went that route "Nobby"Phillips,Bert Neptune their careers ended,i know these times are different but i'm glad i had the opportunity to play in a time when it was a joy to play the game,now it's life and death,you are a walking target everybody throwing something at you,you have no privacy and everybody think they know how you suppose to live.
         I've always said it will be very hard for Glen because the guy is injury prone and no club will be willing to take that risk,he has always had problems even before he left here,i wonder how much Jabloteh is willing to pay him.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2007, 01:18:45 PM »

What were the terms of the insurance for the WC?

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2007, 04:44:22 PM »
Jabloteh get ah real big player dey boi, although he does get injured easily, he is a real deadly and fast player. All de best Glen, ah hope yuh come back tuh full fitness, and hopefully get ah good contract in Europe.

Moderators, no disrespect tuh you all, ah not using yuh forum tuh promote de concert, ah just informing de people dat might be in town fuh de holiday weekend and locals dat may not know about it. HIGHLY BLESSED.

People, listen meh clearly, de ALLIANCE will be in Miami on 5/27.

Bounty Killer -  de war lord and 5 star general

Movado - Mr.Gangster fuh life
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 05:48:58 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2007, 05:16:33 PM »
I eh like dis talk about Glen being injury prone  >:( . Da eh true. Doh spoil de man job prospects please.  >:(   :shameonyou:  He had this ONE major  injury which was badly handled as he chose to put off surgery after the World Cup and then re-injured the same place. This time he got true corrective surgery so he good to go just like how Carlos was when he mash up he knee and men swear he was finished at Wrexham. Tallman ... pull dem files on Carlos from de archive dread, so man could see de history in perspective. Yeah, da same Carlos we rantin' and ravin' about  ;D

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2007, 09:12:08 PM »
I eh like dis talk about Glen being injury prone  >:( . Da eh true. Doh spoil de man job prospects please.  >:(   :shameonyou:  He had this ONE major  injury which was badly handled as he chose to put off surgery after the World Cup and then re-injured the same place. This time he got true corrective surgery so he good to go just like how Carlos was when he mash up he knee and men swear he was finished at Wrexham. Tallman ... pull dem files on Carlos from de archive dread, so man could see de history in perspective. Yeah, da same Carlos we rantin' and ravin' about  ;D

Dreamer, ah just see yuh post right after my last post, ah doh know if yuh post was directed at me, doh be scared leh de bredahh know  8) . If it was, well yuh know ah does address all matters if dey concern me. In case yuh misunderstood meh, ah was just saying dat de last couple times (not his entire career), tuh me he picked up injuries easily. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Big up De ALLIANCE - Miami - 5/27/07

Bounty Killer, Movado, Busy Signal and de rest ah de crew.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 11:10:57 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cornell Glen returns to Jabloteh
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2007, 09:42:25 PM »
Cornell Glen returns to Jabloteh       
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague.com).

Former LA Galaxy and Trinidad and Tobago World Cup striker Cornell Glen has signed on with his former Pro League Club CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh and is expected to return to competitive football soon.
Coach Terry Fenwick of the Pro League Club confirmed the reuniting of his former player for the remainder of the 2007 season.
“Cornell was part of Jabloteh in the past and now he is back. He has signed with us until December,” he said.
According to the former England international, Glen has been training with Jabloteh for the last month and a half and is expected to be in action very soon for his former Club.
Fenwick went on to explain, “He’s not fully fit at the moment and needs to get back on track. This is why he has returned to Jabloteh because we are the best possible team at home for him to do so.”
“Unfortunately for him, LA Galaxy refused to renew his contract because of his injury so he wasn’t attached to a Club,” explained the Jabloteh coach.
He also added that the possibility exists for Glen to play for Jabloteh in 2008 saying, “Depending on his injury we have signed him until December on a small salary which he has agreed to, but if he progresses and becomes fully fit there is the chance of him staying longer than December into the 2008 season,” said Fenwick.
Glen a former Major League Soccer player who operated on an injured knee after a second injury with former club LA Galaxy following the 2006 World Cup is making steady progress with Jabloteh.
In an interview done by the ‘TTFF MEDIA’ Glen explained his reasons for signing with his former Pro League Club, a deal which goes up until December 2007.
“At the moment things are going okay but I am still not up to full fitness. I am in training with Jabloteh and I have been playing in the scrimmages in training. I decided that it would be a good option to sign with them and start back playing in the Pro League before anything else,” he said adding, “I am aiming at playing again after the Gold Cup,” he added.
Glen added though that he had some reservations about rushing back into international football, “Time will tell because things have been rough since the injury. There was no set up for any form of compensation or anything for me since the injury and this has me thinking otherwise for the time being. I could well take a back seat from the national team and focus on my Club career before making a return. But time will tell,” Glen concluded.
In other Jabloteh related news striker Shandel Samuel has returned to the training field for the ‘San Juan Kings’ and could well be on target for appearances soon.
Coach Terry Fenwick said, “We are happy to see Shandel doing well in training. He has been training with us in recent sessions and if he recuperates well then he would be playing for us very soon,” ended the Jabloteh Head Coach.
The St Vincent national player and former North East Stars striker Shandel Samuel had only signed with Jabloteh during pre-season and in mid March ruptured the tendon in his right knee in a very innocuous manner during a training session with the San Juan based team and was expected to be out for 4-6 months.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

1]; } ?>