April 23, 2024, 04:27:34 PM

Author Topic: Cali A1A make early exit  (Read 2596 times)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cali A1A make early exit
« on: May 12, 2007, 06:50:57 AM »
Gordon Pierre reports...
LARRY GOMES STADIUM – An errant pass by defender Charles Pollard resulted in an own goal and that was all it took to send the High Flying Caledonia AIA team out of this year’s Courts Pro Bowl on Friday at the Larry Gomes stadium.

Playing in the second game of a quarterfinal double header Caledonia was edged one-nil by a gritty and battle hardened Superstar Rangers outfit.

It was a game which saw the present joint leaders Caledonia and fourth placed Rangers lock horns and local football fans was treated to a display of tactical awareness and structural play not normally seen in these parts and at times only a footballing purists could have appreciated the beauty of the game being played.

The game started with both teams being on able to unlock the other defence and it was not until the 11th minute that any team would have a look at goal, when Caledonia’s Marvin Oliver headed straight at the goals keeper from a cross by Hayden Tinto.

Caledonia AIA vs Superstar RangersThe game continued to be a very cautious affair, but in the 22nd minute a beautiful cross by Todd Ryan was headed over the bar by the league’s leading goal scorer Errol Mc Farlane.

Caledonia’s Dwight Peters also headed wide after a great ball by Walter Moore in the 31st minute. Four minutes later a piece of drama would unfold that would change the game for good, Devon Modeste who was having a good game on the left side of midfield ran down the flank and took a good shot from distance which Kerwyn Beckles in goal for Caledonia handled easily. He then distributed the ball to Pollard who under pressure from Modeste attempted to pass the ball back to the keeper, but instead placed the ball into the back of the net.

Caledonia AIA vs Superstar RangersThe goal got the Caledonia team clicking and they pressed forward but without creating any real goal scoring opportunities. Rangers almost when two up, when in the 41st Errol Mc Farlane headed just wide with the goal at his mercy after keeper Beckles had parried a shot by Devon Modeste into his path but the score remained 1-0 at the half.

The introduction of National skipper Densil Theobald at half time added some much needed sting to the Caledonia offence but try as they may they could break down the well organized Rangers defence.

Caledonia best chance of the half came in the 72nd minute when a shot from Theobald from distance cannoned off of the chest of Rangers keeper Shane Mattis. The game continued to be a dog fight without any team gaining any goal scoring advantage and as the game wined down and ‘Marvin Time’ approaching Caledonia was hit a severe blow when Oliver was sent off for dissent in the 88th minute ensuring that there would be no 90th minute heroics today.

In the end Rangers held on for the win and will meet Defence Force in the semi-finals at the Manny Ramjohn stadium next Friday.

Look how long these results come out and none ah dem posted yet. Ah sure we could find out other info and results online right now. Dat is de shit dat people talkin about. If dis was a Manboo - Chelski clash we would get dem results since de dam game did play. and maybe yuh might not be a lover of Rangers or Cali but yesterday plenty ball play and is still only a few select dat does normally find these local articles and post them. I will become one of dem select too now because if yuh want change yuh first have to start with yuh dam self.

Support de local football. Dis is a blasted TnT site. WTF TnT not good enough?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cali A1A make early exit
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 07:33:26 AM »
I like that kind of passion. Go Brother.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 08:13:53 AM »
 Why Theobald was introduced at half time instead of starting the game?...that could have made the difference in this game
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 08:20:12 AM by Sando prince »

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 08:28:42 AM »
Why Theobald was introduced at half time instead of starting the game?...that could have made the difference in this game

and dey seem to be doing dat with Theobald for a couple games. It can't be dat de man cya make de team and he should not be unfit and wonder what gives?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 09:25:34 AM »
I was down there last night. It was a boring game- a draw would have been more fair than a loss for Cali.  Denzil didn't have much influence on the game whe he came on. Tinto didn't really perform either was taken off. Hardest quarrel the whole game- the men on the side was real vex with him dred ( He didn't impress at all).

# 14 on Rangers playing on the Right side impressed me the most.

I got to JP game late in the first half. What it is with local players dred. They does start working hard at the end of the career. Arnold Dwarika running up and down the field fighting for the ball on the ground and in the air and the man didn't even lose intensity as the match went on. He was definately the best player on the field against Petrotrin.

I must say though that the speed of play in the local football is getting better.   

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 09:31:58 AM »
I was down there last night. It was a boring game- a draw would have been more fair than a loss for Cali.  Denzil didn't have much influence on the game whe he came on. Tinto didn't really perform either was taken off. Hardest quarrel the whole game- the men on the side was real vex with him dred ( He didn't impress at all).

I got to JP game late in the first half. What it is with local players dred. They does start working hard at the end of the career. Arnold Dwarika running up and down the field fighting for the ball on the ground and in the air and the man didn't even lose intensity as the match went on. He was definately the best player on the field against Petrotrin.

I must say though that the speed of play in the local football is getting better.   

thanks for this little report..and its good to know the speed of our local football is getting better..

All this talk about Tinto and he is not doing much...and its surprising that a game of this importance that Thobald did not perform well....Good to know Dwarika still doing his thing..

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 11:43:14 AM »

thanks for this little report..and its good to know the speed of our local football is getting better..

All this talk about Tinto and he is not doing much...and its surprising that a game of this importance that Thobald did not perform well....Good to know Dwarika still doing his thing..

De last game I see (Joe Pub vs Cali) Dawrika run all game. De man was looking good.  With de vast player pool Wim should have he headaces in store..

We have de locals, de North American Chapter and de foreign base.  Should be very interesting....
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 07:33:49 PM »
Tough luck AIA.... we will get dem in de league......

1]; } ?>